• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Feraligatr vs. Gyarados

SaffronGamer

Find Me On The Youtubez
Reaction score
feraligatr.png
or
gyarados.png

which do u prefer?
i prefer feraligatr

they basically can do the same thing as the other
set up dragon dance and sweep with waterfall

feraligatr:UU
gyrados:OU
better move set:your descision
cooler looking?:eek:pinionated
typing?:depends on whether no the oppent carries electric attacks or grass knot
STATS?: gyrados's speed + attk

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: feraligatr vs.gryados

Screw stats and tiering. Feraligatr pwns Gyarados any day. Simple as that.

Gyarados looks awesome, but I think Feraligatr'd win.

There's a reason Gyarados is OU while Fraligatr is UU, Gyarados has better attack and typing (immunity to ground).

For the record, smartgamer, it's "Gyarados", not "Gryados".

Speaking of that, Gyarados wins.

For the record, smartgamer, it's "Gyarados", not "Gryados".

Speaking of that, Gyarados wins.

its hard to spell some pkmn
and yes gyarados is better
i just prefer my gatr cause it has helped me more

I suppose Feraligatr's pseudo-Gyara niche is much more destructive in UU than Gyarados actually is in OU. But Gyarados would still win in a battle.

I've always preferred Gyarados, as it has good typing and stats.

most of the time they would wall each other temporarily
and the single reason i have a gatr on my team is because he kick kingra's ass with an unexpected dragon claw
(thats right, i didn't teach him earthquake)
;P

I automatically go against the crowd with things like this. I never knew why. And to me Gyarados usually seems the more popular one. So my favourite is Feraligatr.

Feraligatr is a damn good Pokemon, but I'm apparently one of the few who's never liked his design. Gyarados, on the other hand, has an awesome design in my opinion... Not to mention it's better in battle. So, Gyarados.

Feraligatr is a damn good Pokemon, but I'm apparently one of the few who's never liked his design. Gyarados, on the other hand, has an awesome design in my opinion... Not to mention it's better in battle. So, Gyarados.

To me all three of the Johto starters look ugly. Gyarados on the other hand, it epic looking.

Meh...This is too close call...
Feraligatr hmmm...Earthquake, AT/WF, Ice Punch and Crunch/DD/something,
vs Gyarados Earthquae, AT/WF, Ice Fang/something else, DD...

Pretty much same thing, though I nowdays prefer Feraligatr more.
Gyarados wins by look and speed in my taste,
but neither won't faint with light teasing either.

Feraligatr.

Gyarados is awesome and all that, but I never really used him all that much. I got some good use out of Feraligatr in the past, though. Gyarados has a slight edge in design, so that evens them out. Since they're completely even to me, I'll throw my vote behind Gyarados, since he's behind right now.

I'm still as much of a fan of the Magikarp -> Gyarados concept as I ever was.

Gyarados for me, but I like them both. I think the fact that "Feraligatr" always looked like it was missing a letter is what edged it out in my vote.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom