• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Feraligatr vs Samurott

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Feraligatr vs Daikenki

feraligatr.png
VS
samurott.png

Johto vs Isshu. Feraligatr and Samurott have certain similarities. They're both offensive Pokemon, they're both Water Starters, they're both monotype and they both pack quite a punch from the physical side. Differences? Feraligatr is bulkier and faster, Samurott is made for mixed sweeping.

Who'd win?

Who's more useful?

Who do you prefer?

I'mma go with Feraligatr here, purely out of nostalgia. Totodile was my very first Pokemon and as such, Feraligatr's always had a special place in my heart. Also? It can learn Swords/Dragon Dance, has better Atk stat and is faster than Samurott. Throw the better Dream World Ability to the mix and you have a winner right here. Samurott, in my opinion, fails to stand out from the Water type crowd, and that's his biggest problem.

Last edited:
Re: Feralitagr vs Daikenki

Feraligatr has more potential than Daikenki in the sweeping area, sure, it lacks of Megahorn, a better move against grass pokemon, but unlike the otter, it is more fearsome for most pokemon, like dragon or opposing water pokemon. I pick Feraligatr :B

It would totally destroy Daikenki

Feraligatr has better movepool

I prefer the big alligator

:B

Oh god, such a tough choice. I'm gonna give it to feraligatr though.

Feraligatr by far! I was able to defeat the entire Pokemon League in Crystal using just my Feraligatr. No items or anything.
Plus, Daikenki is such a wasted concept. A samurai otter? Sure lets turn into some King Solomon/Walrein combo!

That was a tough choice; but I've went for Daikenki because I'm in love with Mijumaru and its evolutions at the moment.

Again, I chose Daikenki. He is a really clever design for a samurai otter. Also, Daikenki's Grass Knot would most likely do a number to Feraligatr, as he is in the range where Grass Knot would be of a Base Power of 100.

Something that occurred to me is that the perception of a "samurai otter" incites a different promise to many the English fans, seeing how they preferred one that is standing upright (like Floatzel) and using Shell Blades. Fans sure wants everything to have a high "cool factor", especially the starters.

Both are slow, but Feraligatr gets Dragon Dance. That instantly boosts its awesomeness by a 1000 times leaving Daikenki trailing behind.

Who'd win?
:<
Who's more useful?
:<
Who do you prefer?
Feraligatr.

Voted for Feraligatr just because the other one evolves from a disgrace.

Feraligatr has the larger potential to sweep.

Although I don't like it much, Daikenki. I always thought of Feraligatr as too simplistic for a starter evo.

Personally, this was really hard. But I vote Feralgatr. It learns a lot of Dragon moves, which I like, and it does not stick to the usual Water/Ice movepool like most other starters.

BTW: "Feraligatr", not "Feralitagr". (Title.)

I'm going to go with Feraligatr. It's just so CUTE! ^_- And has access to dragon moves like Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail.

tough choice on this once
both have very good designs, good stats, good movepools

problem being is. A mixed attack water pokemon..hmmm. sounds familiar? *lists a ton of pokemon* it doesn't help that, unlike some others that acomplish the same job, Daikenki has no secondary typing

Feraligator

Re: Feraligatr vs Daikenki

I'm a big fan of Mijumaru, but I'm not crazy about Daikenki. Now I haven't battled with a Feraligatr in awhile, but I remember how beastly he was in the past. I have been aching to train a Dragon Dance Feraligatr for a while now. He's definitely one of my favourite Water starters.

Daikenki purely because of how awesome it looks, and is..

Winner: Daikenki

Daikenki because it evolves from one of the most awesome Pokemon ever. Plus, it learns Megahorn and is extremely badass.

Feraligatr is just too simple for my tastes. Sure, it's cool, but it never really followed through for me in my Gold/SS.

Who'd win?
The blue one.
Who's more useful?
Again, the blue one.
Who do you prefer?
Feraligatr

I'mma go with Feraligatr here, purely out of nostalgia. Totodile was my very first Pokemon and as such, Feraligatr's always had a special place in my heart.
Same for me.

Toughie...Ummm...I'm going to let the stats decide this one

Feraligatr VS Daikenki
HP 85 VS 95
ATK 105 VS 100
DEF 100 VS 85
S.ATK 78 VS 108
S.DEF 79 VS 70
SPD 83 VS 70

Umm...I'd say that Feraligatr would win.
It has an access to DD, while Daikeki has so far access (only) to SD.
Not saying the SD sucks or anything, but I just like the DD's sped boost more.

Feraligatr

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom