• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Feraligatr vs Samurott

Re: Feraligatr vs Daikenki

Feraligatr, hands down. I chose Totodile on my first ever Silver run. He can learn some pretty awesome moves too, like Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Low Kick, Swords Dance, Aqua Jet, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse...

I love that match-ups like this are more viable since the physical/special split. :)

Feraligatr vs Daikenki

sprite.php
VS
503.png

Johto vs Isshu. Feraligatr and Daikenki have certain similarities. They're both offensive Pokemon, they're both Water Starters, they're both monotype and they both pack quite a punch from the physical side. Differences? Feraligatr is bulkier and faster, Daikenki is made for mixed sweeping.

Who'd win?

Who's more useful?

Who do you prefer?

I'mma go with Feraligatr here, purely out of nostalgia. Totodile was my very first Pokemon and as such, Feraligatr's always had a special place in my heart. Also? It can learn Swords/Dragon Dance, has better Atk stat and is faster than Daikenki. Throw the better Dream World Ability to the mix and you have a winner right here. Daikenki, in my opinion, fails to stand out from the Water type crowd, and that's his biggest problem.
Totodile was my first starter as well and Totodile rock.
Totodile was the best water type starter in my opinion. Go totodile!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Feraligatr just pushes Daikenki away no offence Daikenki lovers but feraligatr just rocks

Last edited:

Feraligatr is number 1! Totodile and it's evolutions are amongst my favorites and Johto Pokemon are my favorites.

i love feraligatr hes a powerful beast in attack and defense and not bad in sp defense and if i remember correctly is the fastest water starter......he can also learn thrash, and outrage unlike samurott.....feraligatr is the best choice

Samurott will win.

In my opinion Johto had some of the worst looking Pokemon (and no new cats either). I used Feraligatr in Sapphire and wasn't too impressed. Left it in PC after a short time.
Most of my favorite (design) Pokemon are from Unova.

Who'd win? - Samurott

Who's more useful? - Samurott

Who do you prefer? - (Honestly I prefer Dewott) Samurott

I definitely vote for Samurott. As I said before, Samurott gives me the impression that it can defeat any non-legendary Pokemon. Feraligatr doesn't, and I don't like it as much.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom