• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Feraligatr vs Swampert

Swampert is more useful, and use Stealth rocks. Only has one weakness as well.

Feraligatr can Swords Dance and KO Swampert. Swampert has no real strong points against Feraligatr. Also Feraligatr is based off an alligator/crocodile, while Swampert is based off a mud fish (wtf)

Swampert isn't so bad, though. Just compared to Feraligatr it is.

Swampert would use Yawn , Feraligatr falls asleep in the next turn , then Swampert uses Curse until Feraligatr wakes up and then Swampert uses EQ to win .

Plus Swampert has a better moveset and stats than Feraligatr . Swampert is the best Water/Ground while Feraligatr is easily replaced by Gyarados.

Swampert all the way! Because he evolves from my fav Pokemon Mudkip. And the first Pokemon I ever got was mudkip

I like both of them, but I like Feraligatr more due to superior design, and it was my first Pokemon too.

I'm going with Swampert. Great typing and it's pretty useful as a whole. Gatr is cool I guess, but falls short to most of the other water starters.

Swampert. Feraligatr is supposed to be a powerhouse, but even though it's much bigger than Swampert and only has 5 less base stat points, its stats, typing and movepool don't gel particularly well, and it feels like the weaker Pokemon in almost every way. Swampert is probably the best Water/Ground type in the entire game, which is easily one of the best dual-types. Difficult to take down, (Without Grass moves) STAB Earthquake, 101 subs, excellent stats barring speed and just as useful in-game. Why can't all starters be this good?

Better looks: Feraligatr
Usefulness: Feraligatr, a Swords Dance or Dragon Dance boosted Waterfall that Swampert doesn't resist is pretty scary.
Who would win: Stated above
Favourite: Feraligatr, cooler, stronger.

Would have to go with Feraligatr on this one. As much as I like Swampert for its Water/Ground typing, Feraligatr has a far more appealing design.

Feraligatr, because it's just so awesome and looks more intimidating that Swampert does. Battle wise I have no idea, I'd say Swampert though, as it has pretty good defences.

Who's more useful?
Swampert
Who'd win in a fight?
Swampert
Who do you like better?
Feraligatr

Who's more useful?
Swampert is more useful in my opinion and it gains it's previous Move Tutor moves once more in the new B/W2.

Who'd win in a fight?
Well if it's Feraligatr's Dragon Dance vs. Swampert's Curse I would say Swampert would stand a slightly better chance if it doesn't receive a critical hit.

Who do you like better?
It's tough because I do love them both, but Swampert looks better for me and I love it's concept.

I accidentally voted for Feraligatr, but my vote is actually meant for Swampert.

Both awesome and the two coolest water starters, but I choose Feraligatr.

Swampert. Better design, typing and overall usefulness. Feraligatr is the only Johto starter I can't appreciate, his design is just... atrocious.

Swampert. He looks like a true swamp monster and he is the only Pokémon thus far to pull off the Water-Ground type combo. I also like his varied movepool and nice stats.

Who's more useful? Feraligatr, due to Sheer Force. Swampert's mega is completely dependent on rain.

Who'd win in a fight? Tough call, aesthetically regular Gatr could take on regular Swampert, but have a hard time against the muscle bound mega. 1 on 1 gameplay wise Feraligatr due to Water being neutral against Swampert.

Who do you like better? Feraligatr

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom