• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ferriswheelshipping (NxHilda) General Discussion

Reaction score
Welcome to the Ferriswheelshipping General Discussion thread! Here is where you can discuss anything and everything involving the shipping between N and Hilda.

Who are they?

Hilda:

The female playable character in the first Black and White games from the fifth generation. She traveled around the Unova region while collecting gym badges to challenge the Unova Elite 4 and Champion.

Natural Harmonia Gropius/N:

N was the puppet leader of Team Plasma in Pokémon Black and White and aspired to create separate worlds for humans and Pokémon. In BW2 he returns to help save Kyurem from Ghetsis. N is also able tounderstand Pokemon when they speak.

Topic Questions:

What do you like about Ferriswheelshipping and what is your reasoning for shipping N and Hilda?

How did I not know this thread existed?!

I’m not much of a shipper, but I do like Ferriswheelshipping a lot. I began entertaining the idea when I first played Pokemon White (at the time I wasn’t involved in online fandoms, so didn’t know that it counted as a ship).

Here are some reasons why I ship them. Dialogue is taken from Bulbapedia:

• Hilda has a huge impact on N’s life. N describes her as the main reason why he grows as a person.
  • In B2W2, N expresses his gratitude for her several times and says he wants to meet her again: “I will… I'll search for that Trainer I battled two years ago. And… I plan to say thank you."
  • N’s dialogue on the Ferris wheel in B2W2 is him reminiscing about Hilda. “I wonder if we will meet again...”
  • He then decides he’s going to go and search for her: "I will set off on another journey. There are still many Pokémon in the world I should talk to. And there is also a Trainer I want to tell how I feel…" The word choice there implies romantic feelings to me, although I am pretty biased, haha.
  • Hilda searches for N once he leaves at the end of BW, and still hasn’t given up by the time B2W2 take place... two years later. That’s some serious dedication

Last edited:
(@ishi1206 , where are you?)
I was going to post this in the game headcanons thread, but this place doesn't get much activity, so...

...here's a few Ferriswheelshipping headcanons.
  • Hilda took an interest in N because of his ability to speak to Pokemon, and N liked her because she didn't ridicule his support of Team Plasma's ideology. The two of them quickly became friends.
  • N's Xtransciever was monitored by Ghetsis, so Hilda gifted him her spare one to use instead. It was an old model - like Yancy/Curtis's, it can't make video calls - but it was the first thing N ever owned by himself. Hilda gave it to him while they were spending time alone together, and that day is one of his favourite memories.
  • After N leaves Team Plasma, he decides to continue his education and becomes a doctor. He uses his skills to run a Pokemon shelter with Hilda, who works as a ranger. Cue the two of them together, surrounded by fluffy little Pokemon.

• Staff
I have a headcanon of my own where Hilda develops a crush on N after the first few times they meet and she ends up having conflicting feelings after the ferris wheel scene where N tells her that he's the king of Team Plasma and continues until the end of the conflict at N's castle where her feelings win out after she beats N and Ghetsis.

Honestly, I have always felt that this is one of the few ships in the games universe that I could really see being canon. My thoughts:

-I would agree that the Ferris Wheel scene could be a hint at this, and may have been the very first moment where each started developing feelings for the other

-I think canonically N caught Zekrom & Hilda caught Reshiram, seeing as how N wants an ideal world where Pokémon are free from their Trainers, while Hilda is fighting for the truth - which that most Pokémon Trainers actually care very strongly about their Pokémon & N has been used as a pawn by Ghetsis this whole time anyway.

-If Hilda's personality in Pokémon Masters is anything to go by, it could've also been a case of opposites attracting (tomboy & sensitive guy), which would again fit the yin-yang theme of the legendary Dragons.

-See lapi’s above post about N’s dialogue in BW2. I can’t be the only one who thinks this is GameFreak’s way of saying they eventually became very close to each other, and maybe even got married once they were old enough.

Last edited:
Ah, the infamous Ferris wheel scene. I’ve always felt like that was a low point in their relationship, despite the large amounts of fan work/fan opinion depicting it as romantic. I mean, I don’t think Hilda would react well to finding out her crush is in league with the enemy, Plasma. :p
I think N decided not to tell her about it until the Ferris wheel because he thought it would hurt their friendship.

OK, here's a few more headcanons, spoilered for brevity:
Hilda is calm and practical, but not a tomboy. She's not reckless and loud, and doesn't make any effort to act tough, even though she comes across as intimidating during a battle. Hilda's also amoral - she doesn't care about bad things happening to other people, unless they happen to her friends or herself. She only begins to care about stopping Team Plasma when Bianca's Pokemon are stolen.

===

At the end of BW, Hilda and N actually planned to keep in touch after he left using their Xtranscievers. However, N's Xtransciever is old enough that it can't be used to communicate internationally, so he wasn't able to contact her. Meanwhile, Hilda wasn't getting any response from N no matter how much she called. She gets worried and wants to make sure he's safe. This leads her to search for him abroad.

===

N dated Rosa between the time of his return to Unova and Hilda's return - so they were dating for around a year. N dated her because he missed Hilda and wanted to fill that gap in his life, whereas Rosa dated him because she thought N was hot and mysterious. Apart from the obvious issues that creates for a long-term relationship, they broke up because Rosa wanted someone more extroverted and hot-blooded, whereas N is introverted and gentle, and couldn't give that to her.

Last edited:
ahaha i havent played BW2 yet but i ship them because of the really cool circumstance[?]. like i mean its cool because its not.. normal! [like light-hearted anime school romances or 'something of this world']. its literally powerful rivals of contrasting values, but in the end they find that grayness (and personally grayness is an important thing for me so i really find it interesting...). hilda's fiery nature and N is very prince-like and that IS SUCH a cute dynamic to me. also the ferris wheel scene!!!!!!!!!! yes i am a very simple person

and as for my headcanons.... i havent thought of any yet i just consumed awesome fanart ><)... everyone look at this comic please -- wait. i cant link it in this comment because of stuff. DM me for the comic please its amazing! ^^)/

Last edited by a moderator:
N x Touko (Ferriswheelshipping) is, in my personal opinion, one of those ships that I like as a concept and I like their interactions in the canon story (although it's too bad that we don't get dialogue options instead of just "yes and no").

But the fanon interpretation of their relationship is a little bit... questionable? There are so many fanfictions that involve him kidnapping her or locking her up in his castle like some kind of slave. It just felt weird to me since the canon story was all about freedom and her helping him overcome his inner demons (and literal demons like Ghetsis).

I guess some people just have weird kinks! :lapras:

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve never understood that either. Thats not the sort of dynamic I like, but it’s in so many fanfics that it makes finding one I like very hard.

similarly, the yes/no dialogue thing... I’ve always thought they could have done more with that, by giving us more meaningful choices when speaking to N or interacting with Plasma. Wouldn’t it have been cool to have a split or branching story based on the dialogue you chose? I feel like BW would be a great premise for that.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom