• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Festival Plaza

Reaction score
In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, communication features such as battling and trading are all gathered together in Festival Plaza. This is a place where the festivities never stop, as Pokémon Trainers from around the world meet and mingle.

As you progress through your adventure, you'll become able to use Festival Plaza, where you can welcome other people and take requests to keep things hopping. Talk to your visitors to liven things up!

So what sorts of fun festivities await us at this plaza, in addition to the ones already mentioned? What are you hoping for with this new feature? Discuss!

I'm really interested in those missions, and hope that they'll be doable solo or at least with just 1 other.

Since I have just recently tried them for the first time and found them to be actually pretty damn fun, I would love to have Funfest Missions back.

I just can't believe it kinda happened after all! :p

The option to do solo missions would be nice, but I'm not expecting it.

The one plaza place of Platinum if I get it right was similiar to this or not?

Platinum's Wifi Plaza+B2W2 Join Avenue=Perfection. Gamefreak just sold me on the online side of the games, and I don't even battle that much. There goes any hope of the games not being a huge timesink.

This is my favourite part of the October 4th reveal. I loved Join Avenue and I'd have liked to see Platinum's Wi-Fi Plaza for myself.

Platinum's Wifi Plaza+B2W2 Join Avenue=Perfection. Gamefreak just sold me on the online side of the games, and I don't even battle that much. There goes any hope of the games not being a huge timesink.

Don't forget PSS. Because it looks like where wonder trade and stuff was moved to going by the Japanese trailer.

Last edited:
My main concern with this is that it's replacing the PSS. With the PSS you could just turn it on and get on with playing, while people could challenge you and other stuff without interfering too much, but now you have to remove yourself and warp to the plaza, which doesn't seem dissimilar to the Wi-Fi rooms of older generations.

At the moment it feels like a step back in terms of effiency and functionality when playing, and more of an excuse to abuse the 3D and character models. But of course until we get more information and use it maybe I'm just being unfairly dramatic about it.

I'm pretty happy we get something like this. I really liked Join Avenue and the things you could do with it in B2W2, and Festival Plaza looks pretty amazing. I wonder if stuff like GTS and Wonder Trade will contribute to bringing people there like it did with B2W2? I hope so. I'll be using that like crazy!

My main concern with this is that it's replacing the PSS. With the PSS you could just turn it on and get on with playing, while people could challenge you and other stuff without interfering too much, but now you have to remove yourself and warp to the plaza, which doesn't seem dissimilar to the Wi-Fi rooms of older generations.

At the moment it feels like a step back in terms of effiency and functionality when playing, and more of an excuse to abuse the 3D and character models. But of course until we get more information and use it maybe I'm just being unfairly dramatic about it.
Mmm, that's a good point. We can just hope that this isn't the case and that the PSS will co-exist alongside the plaza.

I think we should have the GTS and Wonder trade at the very least outside the Festival Plaza, it wouldn't be justified going inside just for a) Trade with yourself and b)Recieve a level 3 Caterpie. And it could be problematic if you have to trade with someone in particular. However this solves the problem of people asking to battle you when you are hatching eggs or grinding. Anyway we should be free to do anything when we want. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Join Avenue has returned.
If it stops the randos from initiating "trades" (read: showing you their rare pokemon collection) that you can't disconnect from until they disconnect or you turn off the wifi. I'm all for the return of the link/wifi rooms.
That's why I never accept a trade unless I've organised it in some way. Battles are different, cuz they're fun and rarely just an excuse to show off you five boxes of hacked shiny legendaries

Nothing triggers a light anxiety attack in me faster than someone randomly sending me a battle/trade/whatever request over the PSS. I don't want to seem rude and ignore them but I also really do not want to interact with someone unless I'm mentally prepared for that.

I like having my online active for stuff like pokemon amie, o powers, and things like that so just turning it off would keep me from enjoying certain features which is just not fair. I kind of hope that player interaction like battles, trades (except wonder trade because that's just fine), and other things like that are limited to a certain area where you have to opt into doing trades and battles so you're not harassed by random strangers.

Nothing triggers a light anxiety attack in me faster than someone randomly sending me a battle/trade/whatever request over the PSS. I don't want to seem rude and ignore them but I also really do not want to interact with someone unless I'm mentally prepared for that.

I like having my online active for stuff like pokemon amie, o powers, and things like that so just turning it off would keep me from enjoying certain features which is just not fair. I kind of hope that player interaction like battles, trades (except wonder trade because that's just fine), and other things like that are limited to a certain area where you have to opt into doing trades and battles so you're not harassed by random strangers.
Yeah, I can see your dilemma there, turning wi-fi off just to avoid the rando trades and battles would lock you out of those things. Which is why I wish the PSS had a way to say "I don't want to trade, but battling's fine" or something like that without having to cram it into a message and lose legibility.

I don't think it's that bad if this ends up replacing PSS though, since if they just have a building to go into to be matched up with randos for trades or battles, I'd be able to avoid rando trades, and still get my battling fun times! Only problem though would be it probably pulling a Battle Spot and forcing me into a 3v3 match. I know it sounds kinda petty, but that's actually why I don't really use the Battle Spot, If I'm going to set up a full team of 6, let me use the full team of 6 without forcing me to send battle requests to PSS randos who probably don't want it.

That's why I never accept a trade unless I've organised it in some way. Battles are different, cuz they're fun and rarely just an excuse to show off you five boxes of hacked shiny legendaries

Yeah, but even when I would try to ignore them and not accept the trade they'd just kept pinging me. I played with the wifi off because of the persistence of some these kids.

There were also the times where I accepted them because they had the simmilar name and trainer as a friend

For someone who can't do anything online yet, I really hope that there's an offline mode where NPCs enter the Plaza like in Join Avenue where NPCs entered the Avenue each and every day.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom