• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Fifth Gym Leaders: Koga vs. Janine vs. Chuck vs. Norman vs. Fantina vs. Clay

FatKidLovesCoke

Reaction score
Simple enough, fave fifth gym leader out of all generations

EDIT: Mods, move if necessary, but please message me if you do

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Fifth Gym Leader: Koga vs. Janine vs. Chuck vs. Norman vs. Fantina vs. Clay

Norman. The first(and only) time the PC has a dad and they make him easily one of the toughest Gym Leaders ever? WINNING!

My vote goes for Koga, because he is a ninja.
And I love poison types.

This one is easy. Clay. By and far, the best Gym Leader overall in the entire series. His involvement in Black/White, his amusing accent and surface personality, his actually deep philosophy, and the subtle hint at his past made him one of the most memorable characters in a game filled to the brim with them. That's quite a feat in and of itself.

Not to demerit Koga, Janine, Chuck and Norman, who I like too, but they can't really compare to Clay's sheer awesomeness in any way.

Norman. Massively challenging, but all the more satisfying to beat. Not to mention his gym had a pretty cool gimmick.

Norman! He was my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader! Plus, the fact that he is your dad was pretty cool.

I voted Clay, but Norman is tied with him. He [Norman] was very difficult to beat, by far the most difficult 5th gym leader. But Clay wins for... personality? He seems to have been given more depth than other gym leaders.

Norman, he is actually challenging in battle, and I liked seeing the player character actually have a father.

Fantina because I just love her style so much, she rocks that dress and purple looks great on her. Norman comes as a close second though for being the PC's father and actually being a somewhat difficult opponent.

Again, a list of my favorite to least favorite (including XY and SWSH):
Fantina
Norman
Clay
Opal
Koga
Janine
Chuck
Clemont

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom