• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Fifth Path Supports

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
Description: A series of short stories set in the same universe as my fanfic Fire Emblem: Three Houses: Fifth Path, done in the style of Fire Emblem supports, hence the name. Contains mild swearing, violence, and Lorenz.

Author’s Note: Welcome to the Author’s Note once again, friends. If you’re reading this that means that you are a reader of Fire Emblem: Three Houses: Fifth Path. Thanks for that. And if you haven’t read it, go check it out. I would seriously suggest reading it before reading this, since they’re both in the same universe. Stuff from there will show up here and stuff from here will show up there.

I don’t own a Fire Emblem, but you knew that.

When class ended, all the students left to attend to their own business, whatever that might be. All except one. Hubert stayed in the classroom, coldly glaring at basically everything. Byleth had a slight suspicion as to why he was still there.

“If you’re trying to spy on me you’re not doing a very good job.” Byleth said, erasing the blackboard.

“What makes you think I’m here to spy on you.” Hubert asked, his voice layered with malice. An obvious attempt at intimidation.

“You’re Edelgard’s retainer, the creepy one.” Byleth said, finishing her task and turning to face him. “You have a habit of skulking around and listening to other people's conversations. Like yesterday, under the tree.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Hubert lied. It was obvious from the thin, sinister smile on his face that he knew how blatant that lie was.

“So if you’re not here to spy on me, why are you here?” Byleth asked.

Hubert’s expression turned dark. More intimidation attempts. “I am here to deliver a message. You see, Lady Edelgard appears to have taken an interest in you.”

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” Byleth asked.

“Well, I would be a bit concerned about my health if I were you.” Hubert said ominously. “You see, one of my many duties as Lady Edelgard’s retainer is to determine potential advantages and potential threats to Her Highness. If you prove yourself of use to Lady Edelgard, then all shall be well. However, if you pose a threat to her… well, I’m sure the Church has no shortage of replacement professors.”

“Are you threatening me?” Byleth asked, without changing her tone. Trying to counter-intimidate Hubert would be a waste of time. She pulled out a pink notebook from her desk.

“That I am.” Hubert said. “Let it be known that while I may be a student here at the academy, I am a servant of Lady Edelgard first and foremost. Therefore, I suggest you prove your use with the utmost haste, if you do not wish to meet an untimely demise.”

“Hubert, let me ask you something.” Byleth said. “Do you know what I do to people who threaten me?”

“I do not.” Hubert said dismissively. “Please, enlighten me.”

Byleth jotted something down in the pink notebook and tore out the page she wrote on. She walked over to Hubert and held it out to him. “Here.”

Hubert took the note. “What is this?” He asked, sounding genuinely bewildered.

“Detention.” Byleth said sternly. “Every weekend, for a month. If you don’t show up I will personally track you down and drag you there myself. Do you understand?”

Hubert looked at the slip. “Yes, I understand.” He said without any trace of his usual sinisterness. He left, leaving Byleth with the satisfaction that she had completely blindsided him.

Author’s Note: Hello there friends. BackSet here, again. I believe that this support deserves a disclaimer: I know next to nothing about sword fighting. I did some light research but the amount of research required to really understand it would take longer than it took to actually write this support.

And in case you’re wondering how I can get this out in such a short span of time when it took me nearly a month to get out Fifth Path’s second chapter, that’s because this (and several other supports) is the reason I took so long to get Fifth Path’s second chapter
out.

If Felix were to make a schedule, it would read like this: wake up, eat breakfast, train, go to class, train some more, eat dinner, go to sleep, repeat ad infinitum. As such, it proved no surprise that Byleth found him in the training area, practicing his sword fighting techniques on a dummy. It was almost hypnotizing to watch but Byleth had not come to simply observe.

“Hey Felix.” She said cheerily.

Felix didn’t respond, opting to continue whacking away at the training dummy.

“Hey, Felix!” Byleth said again, louder this time.

Felix still didn’t answer. Byleth couldn’t tell if he was deliberately ignoring her or was just that into his training.

“Hey, Felix!” Byleth said even louder. It seemed that third time’s the charm because Felix finally looked up.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Felix scowled. “Can’t you see I’m busy?”

“My name is Byleth, I’m the new Professor here.” Byleth said.

“I’ve heard about you.” Felix said. “I don’t care.”

“And I’ve heard about you.” Byleth said, pointing to herself and then to Felix. “I’ve heard you’re one of the best sword fighters in the Officer’s Academy and I’ve come looking for a duel.”

“Why should I waste my time on you?” Felix said dismissively, returning to whacking the training dummy.

“Because I was trained by Jeralt the Blade Breaker who also happens to be my father.” Byleth suggested.

Felix stopped whacking the dummy and turned to look at Byleth. “Really…” He said skeptically.

“I’m also known as the Ashen Demon.” Byleth said. “Maybe you’ve heard of me?”

“That does sound familiar.” Felix said. “I have heard stories of a mercenary who cuts down foes without hesitation and has an icy cold glare that strikes fear into the hearts of even the most hardened of warriors.”

Byleth chuckled internally. Wow, those were some really overblown rumors. If she had an ego those stories would massage it quite nicely. Of course, Byleth actually did have a bit of an ego but she remained blissfully ignorant of that fact.

“But you don’t fit that description at all.” Felix continued. “You’re too... cheerful and the look in your eye couldn’t even intimidate a kitten.”

Byleth actually took a bit of offense to that last one. “Alright, then.” She said. “I’ll prove it to you. Let’s duel, one-on-one. First to lose their sword wins.”

“Fine.” Felix said. “If you are telling the truth this should at the very least be interesting.”

The two swordmasters took their places at each end of the training ground. Byleth gave her sword a few flourishes. The training swords were a bit weightier then she was used too. This was likely due to the wooden covering intended to keep the students from getting too roughed up.

“Are you ready?” She shouted across the field to Felix.

Felix didn’t respond. Or rather, he did but it wasn’t with words. A split second after Byleth said the word “ready” Felix charged across the field and attempted to hit Byleth with an overhead strike, which she blocked before taking a step forward and pushing Felix away.

Felix forced Byleth on the defensive, attacking with ferocious strikes that Byleth had to deflect. Every so often he threw in some punches as well. Byleth decided to take this opportunity to engage in some light banter.

“So I hear you have a very unique opinion of Dimitri.” Byleth said in between blocks.

“What’s it to you?” Felix asked.

Byleth pushed Felix away with a kick. “I want to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth. What do you think of Dimitri.” She ran at him with her sword raised.

“What do I think?” Felix asked, parrying Byleth’s blow. “I don’t think, I know. I’ve known the Boar Prince longer than almost anyone and I know that he is nothing more than a savage. Wild. Beast.” He and Byleth traded a few more blows before he continued. “You can tell a lot about a person from the way they fight, and when I watch the Boar fight I can tell that he likes nothing more than to maim and kill. He may put up a nice facade but if he ever got the chance, he’d rip you to shreds.”

Yep, that was just as harsh as Byleth remembered. The only difference here was that Byleth knew this wasn’t far from the truth. Five years in the future, Dimitri would be very similar to a feral animal. Yet another thing Byleth had to prevent.

The two of them exchanged a few more blows in mostly silence. Eventually, Felix got Byleth caught in a two handed block, allowing him to get a quick jab in at her with his fist. At least, he tried. Byleth switched from using two hands to using one hand mid-block and twisted it. Not enough to leave an injury, long or short term, but enough to cause Felix to flinch from the pain. Using this flinch to her advantage, Byleth knocked Felix’s sword out of his hand and then kicked him in the chest, knocking him down.

“And the winner is me.” Byleth said proudly. “Now do you believe me?” She offered her hand to Felix who batted it away and got up on his own.

“I’m impressed.” He said. “Maybe you are telling the truth. I suppose you would need to have the skills of a legendary mercenary to beat me. You’ll make a worthy rival.”

“Rival.” Byleth said, faking contemplation. “I guess that’s another thing to add to my business card.”

“Joke all you like, but know that I will train hard until one day I will be able to defeat you.” Felix declared.

Byleth rolled her eyes. She decided to change the topic. “When we were fighting you said something.” Byleth said. “You said that you can tell a lot about a person from the way they fight.”

“Yeah, what of it?” Felix said.

“What can you tell about me?” Byleth asked.

“You’re… odd.” Felix said. “You fight with two purposes that seem to contradict each other. At first glance you seem to be fighting simply for survival, like a mercenary, but when you look deeper you also seem to be fighting to protect something, like a knight. It’s strange. Those two things don’t usually go together. Normally, those who fight to protect don’t seem to care about survival. They throw themselves into battle with little care for their own wellbeing. But not you.”

“It’s not that strange.” Byleth said. “You can’t protect people if you’re dead. Besides, it’s not like you’re one to talk about caring for your own wellbeing. I heard that you once trained for three straight days before passing out.”

Byleth hadn’t actually “heard” this. At least, not in the way she was implying. She was implying that it was a rumor she had heard but in actuality it was a story that Sylvain had told her in the original timeline. She had little trouble believing it wasn’t still true in this timeline too.

“That’s because I don’t fight for survival.” Felix said. “I fight only to get stronger.”

“Interesting.” Byleth said. She stretched and adopted the same cheery tone she had when she first arrived. “Welp, I’ve got to get going. I’ve got lessons to plan and all that Professor stuff. See ya.” She waved to Felix and promptly left.

8F31lj0WgW4eyhwE4g2T6821g_lEMvgY9LHpkYu85OSHzFS4T1Jx9KG9xDByvVq6jhLmpbihibNvwVyKSaEauAkyYa-orp5hxG9BvGXVh9GEx9S8ziaa5ZRsjIm5pXJZQX99z0DX
8F31lj0WgW4eyhwE4g2T6821g_lEMvgY9LHpkYu85OSHzFS4T1Jx9KG9xDByvVq6jhLmpbihibNvwVyKSaEauAkyYa-orp5hxG9BvGXVh9GEx9S8ziaa5ZRsjIm5pXJZQX99z0DX

Author’s Note: Hey there, my dudes. Here’s a second Author’s Note for your viewing pleasure. I’ll use this one to discuss things I can’t talk about in the first Author’s Note either because they would spoil the chapter/support or the first Author’s Note got long.

There’s really not much to say here so I guess I’ll give you a little behind the scenes of a rejected line.

Byleth chuckled internally. Wow, those were some really overblown rumors. If she had an ego those stories would massage it quite nicely.

“If you had an ego?” Sothis snarked.

(Shut up.)

I decided not to include it because I thought it might break the flow of the support and I saw no point in giving Sothis only one line.

Author’s Note: Okay, so this isn’t my best work but I need more fight scene practice and I think it should be enjoyable enough. And if you don’t like it, don’t worry it’s completely optional. Caspar and Leonie’s friendship will still more or less make sense when/if it shows up in the main story.

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and Leonie was bored out of her mind. She had finished all her chores early and she was banned from the training ground because of “the incident” that also got her detention for a week. So instead of training or doing work, Leonie found herself sitting on a bench in a bored stupor, her chin cupped in her hands.

“Hey, you’re Leonie, right?” A voice said.

Leonie looked up to see who had spoken. It was a boy with Blue hair who she’d seen around a couple of times. Had she been standing she probably would have had to look down to see him instead of up.

“Yeah, that’s me. Who’re you and what do you want?” She said.

“I’m Caspar and I’m looking for a sparring partner.” Caspar said loudly. “I usually train with Ferdinand but he’s busy. You’re always bragging about how you were trained by Jeralt so I was wondering if I could train with you instead.”

Leonie stood up. “Normally I’d love to, but I’m not allowed on the training ground.” She said.

“Aw man, that sucks.” Caspar said. “Why?”

“I’d rather not talk about it.” Leonie said quickly.

“Ouch. That bad, huh?” Caspar said. “Well, in that case, sorry to bother you.”

Caspar turned to head off somewhere else, probably to continue his search for a sparring partner. Well, at least he had provided Leonie a nice, brief distraction from her boredom.

“Hey! Why don’t you say that to my face!” A voice shouted.

“Alright, I will!” Another voice shouted. “You’re a pathetic coward!”

Both Caspar and Leonie turned to look towards the source of the voices. It was two students, the names of which shall never be known, engaged in an argument and it looked like it was about to come to blows. To distinguish the two students, they will be called brown haired boy and red haired girl.

“I’m not a coward!” The brown haired boy shouted.

“Alright!” The red haired girl shouted. “Prove it! Let’s fight right now!”

The red haired girl ran at the brown haired boy with her fist raised. The brown haired boy himself raised his fists in defense. Before the two collided, Caspar and Leonie ran between them at the same time, holding their hands out in a stopping motion.

“What’s going on here!” The two of them shouted at the same time. “Hey! Quit copying me! I said quit copying me!”

The two students who had been fighting took a break to stare at Caspar and Leonie.

“You know what!” Caspar said, shaking his head. “It doesn’t matter who’s copying who. All that matters is what’s…”

“Going...” Leonie said.

“On here!” They completed in unison.

“It’s none of your business.” The brown haired boy said. He then added under his breath. “Weirdos.”

“What was that!” Leonie and Caspar shouted.

“He said you’re weirdos.” The red haired girl said. “He’s just too much of a coward to say it to your face. Now get out of my way! I’m gonna teach this coward a lesson!”

“That’s enough!” Leonie shouted.

“There’ll be no fighting today!” Caspar followed up.

“Oh yeah?” The red haired girl scoffed. “And who’s gonna stop us? You?”

“Yeah!” Caspar and Leonie said in unison once again. “Me!”

“Just try!” The red haired girl resumed her run, not caring who she hit.

Leonie and Caspar looked at eachother and came to a silent consensus. They were going to stop this fight. Even if it meant getting into a fight themselves, which it did. There were flaws in this logic but both Caspar and Leonie were in “fight first, think later” mode so they didn’t care.

As soon as the red haired girl reached him, Caspar caught her arm and the back of her shirt and held her back. The brown haired boy apparently decided that this was the perfect opportunity to get in a hit on the red haired girl and did the exact same thing the red haired girl did except that this time he got intercepted by Leonie.

Struggling, the red haired girl punched Caspar in the face, causing him to let go of her. He then punched him in the stomach to add insult to injury. The brown haired boy didn’t have to escape because Leonie had to throw him aside to stop the red haired girl from hitting either one of them. Using a technique she had learned from Captain Jeralt back when she was his apprentice she hit the base of the red haired girl’s neck, which caused her to pass out.

The brown haired boy, meanwhile, ran to jump Leonie due to being angry at being intercepted by her earlier. Leonie dropped to the ground to avoid him, sending him flying towards Caspar instead. Caspar caught the brown haired boy and gave him a good whack on the back of the head, knocking him out.

Caspar and Leonie ran over to each other and proudly high-fived.

“Nice going.” Caspar said. “You’re pretty good.”

“You’re not to bad yourself.” Leonie said. “Once I’m allowed back into the training grounds we should train together.”

“Definitely.” Caspar said.

This was the beginning of a budding friendship. Two strong hotheads who probably shouldn’t have been let anywhere near each other. It was meant to be.

Unfortunately, friendship wasn’t the only thing this was the beginning of. It was also the beginning of something else. That something else being detention. Turns out that when you get in a fight you get in trouble. Who knew.

Author’s Note: Not much to say about this one, really. It’s skippable and the payoff of having read it isn’t really worth it but I wrote it anyway. What is the payoff you may ask? If I told you that we wouldn’t have a story.

Byleth didn’t want to be at the staff meeting. It was early in the morning on a weekend and she was tired. But Seteth had insisted on dragging her here and she was simply too tired to argue. At the meeting were Seteth, Hanneman, Manuela, Tomas, Jeritza, and Byleth herself. Wow, with how little staff they had, it was amazing that the Officers Academy could continue running the way it did.

“Welcome, everyone.” Seteth said. “I thank you all for coming.” He began to pace back and forth. “It is important that you attend these meetings. Our first order of business is discussing our plans for the year.”

“Seteth, if I may.” Manuela interrupted. “Don’t we usually hold this meeting at the beginning of the year. Before classes start.”

“Yes, that is how things are normally done.” Seteth said. “But we had to push the meeting back due to recent events involving our newest acquisition.” He stared straight at Byleth when he said that. Yep, she was really feeling the love. “Let us return to the topic at hand.” Seteth continued. “This year shall proceed as all other years preceding it. At the end of this month we will hold the Mock Battle. A few months later will be the Battle of the Eagle and Lion. Following that will be the Millenium Festival and the Ethereal Moon Ball.”

“Excellent, just as usual.” Hanneman said.

Manuela sighed. “I wish we could mix things up once in a while. Doing the same thing every year can be boring.”

Be careful what you wish for. Byleth thought. She glanced at Tomas. Was he currently an evil wizard or was he the genuine article and would be kidnapped and replaced later in the year?

“I quite like the routine.” Hanneman said. “It gives me plenty of time to work on my research in addition to my teaching duties.”

“Is that all you ever focus on?” Manuela asked Hanneman. “You really need to get a hobby.”

“Crest research is my hobby.” Hanneman said.

“I don’t think you know what a hobby is.” Manuela replied.

Oh boy. There they were, at it again. Byleth really didn’t understand why Manuela was still searching for love when she and Hanneman were practically married.

Seteth put his fist to his mouth and cleared his throat. “Moving on. As it’s already been a week since the beginning of the school year, I request progress reports from each of you.” He turned to Tomas. “Tomas, how is the library. Any thefts?”

“Everything is fine.” Tomas said pleasantly. “Though I don’t understand what you’re so worried about. And I don’t quite approve of you confiscating books from the library.”

Seteth pinched the bridge of his nose. “We are not having this debate again.”

Tomas smiled kindly. “Later, then.”

Seteth muttered something under his breath that was probably inappropriate for someone of his position in the Church of Seiros to say. “Jeritza? How is combat instruction going for the students.”

“Not horrible.” Jeritza said emotionlessly. “Most of the students are doing quite well. There have been a few problems here or there but otherwise it has been fine.” He refused to elaborate on what these “problems” were.

It was kind of hard to believe this guy was the Death Knight and yet at the same time it was pretty easy to. On one hand, he was very monotone and rarely spoke in more than a few sentences, unlike the Death Knight, who constantly shouted about death and killing with great enthusiasm. On the other hand, the way he fought was vicious, not entirely unlike the Death Knight. Felix was right, you really could tell a lot about people by the way they fight.

“Manuela, how have your classes been going?” Seteth asked.

“Not bad, not bad at all.” Manuela said. “My teaching methods have been paying off. There are a few slackers but don’t worry I’ll have them whipped into shape by the end of the year.” Byleth winced in sympathy for the Golden Deer House.

“And you, Hanneman?” Seteth asked the Crest Scholar. “How have your classes been going?”

“Excellent, if I do say so myself.” Hanneman did say so himself. “The Blue Lion House are great students. Sure they have a few troublemakers but that’s nothing new. Lots of crests to study too.”

“Hanneman.” Seteth snapped. “I have said it before and I’ll say it again, no conducting research on the students.”

“Fine, fine.” Hanneman grumbled.

“Finally, our newest Professor.” Seteth said. “Byleth, how have your classes been going.”

“I need a TA.” Byleth said. “And maybe some aspirin. But otherwise, everything’s fine. They’re all good kids and they learn fast.”

“I’m afraid there are no Teacher’s Assistants available at present.” Seteth said. “However, there is some aspirin in the infirmary should you need it.”

“Thanks, but I think I’ll be fine.” Byleth said. It sounded like Dimitri wasn’t the only person around here who needed to learn about humor.

“In that case, I believe we’ve discussed everything we’ve needed to.” Seteth said. “Meeting adjourned.”

Author’s Note: What’s this? A second support? That’s right. You don’t just get one chapter and one support, you get one chapter and two supports! Haha! I originally planned to have an additional support showing another character getting detention but I couldn’t decide who so I just threw Hilda in there and justified it as nobody wants to see an entire support dedicated to Hilda slacking off and doing nothing.

Enjoy.

Detention at Garreg Mach Officer’s Academy varies depending on the day, the month, the weather, the severity of the offense, and how the Professor overseeing it is feeling. Today's detention was being held on a nice sunny day and was being overseen by Professor Byleth which apparently translated into weeding the Officer’s Academy’s courtyard.

Today’s batch of troublemakers was Hubert, Leonie, Caspar, and Hilda. Hubert was there for threatening a teacher. Leonie and Caspar were there for starting fights, and Hilda was there for not turning in an entire month’s worth of assignments.

“How degrading.” Hubert grumbled. “Forced to do menial tasks. I should be protecting Her Majesty, not pulling up weeds.”

“Ugh, tell me about it.” Hilda complained. “This is the absolute worst.” She was immediately distracted by a weed she had pulled up. “Ooh, this is a nice flower. I bet I could make something using this.” For someone so incredibly lazy she had a serious case of ADD.

“Relax, Hubert.” Byleth said. “Edelgard is fully capable of taking care of herself.”

Hubert hmph’d. The four students went on pulling weeds in silence barring the occasional complaint. Byleth wished she had chosen a more fun task. Sure it was supposed to be a punishment but it was so boring for both the students and her.

Suddenly there came a loud, terrified whinny. Startled, all four students and their teacher looked up to see a pegasus flying straight towards them. A manin knight armor was trailing behind it yelling for it to stop.

The detention group rolled out of the way before the pegasus bowled them over. It reached the end of the courtyard and shot upward. The man chasing it slowed to a halt next to them, doubled over and breathing heavily. Not very knight-like behavior.

“I’ve got… to stop… Scipio..!”

“What happened?” Leonie asked.

“I don’t… know…” The knight said. “I was taking him out… for patrol duty and he just… he just freaked out and… and ran off.”

There was a moment of silence. The four detentionees and their supervisor looked at each other. Byleth grinned.

“So, who’s up for a detention adventure?”

_Ozx6gFjNaaTs4kUi8Mvcvmn--IWTlXMqXwFgpoMRnf99o8H0NFNLe6JcPGVS41KfesyVtYtFcAGRS50sUzn6PR-UGY9vpXziFFzwoRgOpc1k6ip7W5XxjWeaD-2yktTJ3w4WD3N
_Ozx6gFjNaaTs4kUi8Mvcvmn--IWTlXMqXwFgpoMRnf99o8H0NFNLe6JcPGVS41KfesyVtYtFcAGRS50sUzn6PR-UGY9vpXziFFzwoRgOpc1k6ip7W5XxjWeaD-2yktTJ3w4WD3N

Thankfully, they didn’t have to chase Scipio far. He eventually stopped over the bridge and began circling it. It was only then that they realized they didn’t have a plan.

“That’s pretty high up.” Byleth said, craning her neck.

“How are we going to get up there?” Hilda asked.

Byleth turned to Hubert. “Can you teleport up there and grab the pegasus?”

“My teleportation isn’t precise enough.” Hubert said. “There’s a very large chance I’ll miss and fall to my death.”

“What if we got another pegasus and used it to fly up there and lasso this pegasus.” Leonie suggested. “Then, once it’s down here we can stick a bridle on it.

“Do you know how to ride a pegasus?” Byleth asked.

“Well, no.” Leonie said, rubbing the back of her head. “But it can’t be all that different from riding a horse. Besides, it’s not like we have any other ideas.”

Byleth sighed. “Alright then, let’s go find a pegasus.”

An hour later the Detention Gang (as they will now be called) returned to the bridge with a bridle, a lasso, and a second pegasus named Blackjack. Thankfully, Scipio was still circling the bridge for some reason.

“Okay,” Byleth said. “Here’s the plan. Leonie, you and Hilda will fly up there on Blackjack where Hilda will lasso Scipio. Then, you’ll bring him to the ground where Caspar, Hubert, and I will put the bridle on him. Got it?”

Everyone affirmed that they understood the plan. Leonie saddled up and Hilda climbed up behind her. They kicked off into the air. They began following alongside Scipio at a relatively safe distance so as not to spook him.

Hilda readied the lasso and they began to glide towards the pegasus. Once they got within range Hilda threw the lasso and got it in one. Unfortunately, Scipio freaked out. Hilda held onto the lasso with all her might, refusing to let go. Leonie began to get up from Blackjack despite being a couple hundred feet in the aid.

“I’ve got this!” She shouted. “Hilda, take the reins!”

And then she did the stupidest, most impulsive thing anyone could think of. She attempted to jump from one pegasus to another. The chance of her succeeding was a million to one. And yet, she did it. She landed on Scipio and grabbed onto the lasso.

“Woah!” She shouted as Scipio tried to buck her off. “Hold on buddy! I’m not here to hurt you!”

She did her best to use the lasso to steer the pegasus towards the bridge. Unfortunately the descent might have been a bit too fast.

“Coming in hot!” She shouted.

“Don’t worry! We’ve got you!” Caspar shouted, holding up the bridle.

When Scipio landed Byleth, Hubert, and Caspar grabbed him and did their best to keep him from skidding away. It took all their strength but they managed it. Caspar then put the bridle on, with a little help. A few seconds later, Hilda landed Backjack.

“That was awesome!” Caspar shouted as he and Leonie high fived.

“That was pretty cool.” Byleth said, holding up her hand to high five Hubert. Hubert didn’t reciprocate so she lowered her hand.

“What is going on here!?” Shouted a familiar, stern voice.

The Detention Gang immediately stopped their celebration. Both they and their pegasi turned to see who had spoken. Even before they saw him they already knew who it was. It was a very angry Seteth.

Byleth had only one thing to say to that. “Oh… crap.”

Author’s Note: Hilda totally thinks the plural of Pegasus is Pegasuses. So now we have the Detention Gang. Hubert, Caspar, Leonie, and Hilda. They’ll stay friends forever. Probably.

Author’s Note: Hello, my dudes. This is one of my earliest supports so it’s not very good. It’s not even really that long, barely over 200 words. But the story itself is pretty cute. Other than that I have nothing to say on this one.

“I am Ferdinand Von Aegir!” Ferdinand shouted

Caspar looked up from polishing his replica Thunderbrand. Somehow Ferdinand had entered the training grounds without him knowing. Usually he was loud and grandiose. Of course, Caspar, being loud himself, didn’t have the right to judge

“I am Ferdinand Von Aegir!” Ferdinand shouted again, attacking a training dummy.

Caspar put his replica down, stood up, and walked over to Ferdinand.

“Hey Ferdinand.” He said. “Why do you always shout that?”

“Shout what?” Ferdinand asked.

“Whenever you attack you always shout ‘I am Ferdinand Von Aegir’ at the top of your lungs.” Caspar explained, doing his best impression of Ferdinand’s voice.

“Oh.” Ferdinand said. “That is my battle cry. It gives me confidence.”

“Confidence?” Caspar asked, confused.

“Yes.” Ferdinand said. “When I say it, I remind myself that yes, I am indeed Ferdinand Von Aegir, I am a shining example of nobility, and there is nothing I cannot do!”

“Woah!” Caspar exclaimed. “Intense!”

“You should try it, Caspar.” Ferdinand said.

“Well… okay.” Caspar said, shrugging.

He walked over to a rack of axes and selected one. Then he returned to stand next to Ferdinand, readied his axe, and ran at the dummy.

“I am Caspar Von Bergliez!” He shouted, cleaving the dummy in half.

Panting, he shouldered his axe and turned to Ferdinand. There was a giant smile on his face.

“You’re right.” He said. “That does feel good.” He then realized something and rubbed the back of his head. “I’m probably going to get in trouble for breaking the training dummy, though.”

Author’s Note: It’s support time! I love supports! Do you love supports? I bet you do!

This support takes place a week before chapter 4, just so we’re clear on that. Hubert is planning for the Kostas mission, not the Lonato mission. He’s not even on that mission. Just to make sure I’ve put a Title-In at the beginning of a story, which I don’t usually do.

One Week Before Chapter 4

Contrary to popular belief, there were several things Hubert loved. The most obvious one was Edelgard, sorry, Lady Edelgard. But there were also two others: plotting and being alone. And currently, he was doing both.

In front of him was a map of the field for Lady Edelgard’s (and also the Professor and the rest of the Black Eagles’) upcoming battle. He had carefully positioned the scale models of where the bandits had set up, presuming the information gathered by the Knights of Seiros was correct.

“Hey, Doom and Gloom. How’s it going?”

Hubert didn’t even need to turn around to know who was speaking. Only one person spoke in that wiseacre tone and used that obnoxious nickname.

“Claude.” He said disdainfully. “Are you aware that it is rude to enter someone’s room without knocking first?”

Claude rubbed the back of his neck. “Now that you mention it, that does seem like something I should have done. Do you want me to head back out and try again?”

Hubert sighed. “No, now that you’re already here we might as well get this over with. I don’t know where Lady Edelgard is.”

“Woah. How’d you know what I was gonna ask?” Claude asked. “Are you psychic?”

“People only ever visit me to ask me where Lady Edelgard is.” Hubert replied.

“That makes sense.” Claude said. “You’re pretty unapproachable.”

Hubert was well aware of this fact. He preferred it that way. It was much easier to go about his usual business of skulking and scheming without people bothering him. This didn’t seem to affect Claude, however.

“So, what’re you working on.” Claude asked.

He walked over to the desk Hubert was sitting at and placed one hand on it to support himself while he looked over Hubert’s shoulder.

“That is none of your business.” Hubert said.

“If you won’t tell me I'll just have to guess.” Claude said. He made a big show of rubbing his chin. After about ten long, annoying minutes of that he dramatically raised his finger in triumph. “Aha! I’ve figured it out! You’re into tabletop roleplaying games! Usually they’re played with more people, though.”

“That is not at all what I’m doing.” Hubert said.

“Don’t worry, there’s no need to hide it. I won’t judge you.” Claude said.

“I am not into tabletop roleplaying games.” Hubert insisted. “I am making a backup plan for the upcoming mission in case the Professor’s plan fails.”

Claude backed away, spread his arms, and laughed. “I knew that. I was just messing with you.”

Hubert grumbled some choice words about Claude to himself. Claude leaned in close again.

“Those are very detailed miniatures.” He said. “It’s kind of disturbing.”

“They’re custom made.” Hubert said. He smiled sinisterly. “I have one of every student and faculty member in the academy, including you.”

“Like I said, disturbing.” Claude said.

“Why are you still here Claude?” Hubert asked.

“Well, I’m thinking that your plan could use a little refinement.” Claude said. “And I’d like to help.”

“I don’t need your help.” Hubert said. “There’s no kind of assistance that you could possibly offer me.”

“Are you sure about that?” Claude asked. “I’m known as the Master Schemer for a reason. I might have thought of things that you never had or would.”

Hubert rolled his eyes and hmph’d.

“For example.” Claude continued. “You may have come up with a plan that makes tactical sense, but you’ve failed to take into account your fellow classmate’s personalities as variables. Stationing Bernadetta here makes sense.” Claude pointed at the Bernadetta figurine. “But her skittishness and nervousness throw a wrench into things. She’s too close to the action, she’d probably freak out and pass out. Instead it would make more sense to have her here.” He picked up Bernadetta’s figurine and moved it from where it was to a different location.

Hubert hmph’d again. “So I made a slight miscalculation, I would have realized it eventually.”

“Mm-hmm.” Claude said skeptically. “How about this.” He pointed at Caspar’s miniature. “You’ve put Caspar farther back. Why?”

“It’s so he doesn’t brashly rush in and mess everything up.” Hubert explained irritably.

“Brash or not you don’t just put your strongest fighter in the back.” Claude said.

“Didn’t you just say I had to take my classmates’ personalities into account?” Hubert said.

“Well, yeah, but don’t you think you could take advantage of Caspar’s brashness.” Claude said. “As a distraction, maybe.”

Hubert rubbed his chin. “That’s quite devious.”

“You have a problem with deviousness?” Claude snarked.

“Obviously not.” Hubert said. “I simply did not expect such things from you.”

“Hey, I’m not all wisecracks and jokes, you know.” Claude said.

“I can see that.” Hubert said. “However, do not expect my opinion of you to change.”

“Yes, I know, you hate me.” Claude said, faking irritability. “You hate everyone. Well, except Edelgard. You follow her like a puppy.”

Hubert finally turned around and gave Claude the mother of all death glare. “I do not follow Lady Edelgard around like a puppy.”

“Um, yeah you do.” Claude said. “You’re always around whenever she needs you, no matter how impromptu that need might be.”

“I am simply doing my job.” Hubert defended.

“Yeah, your job, that’s definitely all it is.” Claude snarked.

“I have no idea what you mean.” Hubert said. In this case he might be sincerely ignorant of what Claude was implying.

Claude rolled his eyes. “Of course you don’t.”

“I think it’s about time you took your leave.” Hubert said disdainfully.

“You’ve got it.” Claude said with a smile. “One more thing, your plan looks more like a plan A than a plan B.” And with that, he walked out the door.

jtXKuiAWrAVm_-EWT1oJ2K0Sp-B2NFe4Y11HXHhmm5oc9R27Vt1VrIcLNASn21R0okV1bhubnqYpRQ8h_FSWBPCiG9mHxv1xw0bVSaxgE8yHOjqKhH5e0WRWCa7LUahMdu1RgrgS
jtXKuiAWrAVm_-EWT1oJ2K0Sp-B2NFe4Y11HXHhmm5oc9R27Vt1VrIcLNASn21R0okV1bhubnqYpRQ8h_FSWBPCiG9mHxv1xw0bVSaxgE8yHOjqKhH5e0WRWCa7LUahMdu1RgrgS

Author’s Note: We can all see it, Hubert. We can all see it.

Author’s Note: Right, so this one is of a sadder fare than normal and, honestly, there’s not really much to say about it up top. Not without spoiling some things. More below.

It had been a week since Lord Lonato’s death and Ashe was still depressed. He still came to classes but he rarely spoke and during his free time he pulled a Bernadetta and just stayed in his room. Byleth really wanted to help but the best she could do was try and talk to him so she headed over to his room with a carton of ice cream and a spoon and rapped on the door with her knuckle.

“Ashe? Can I come in? I brought ice cream.”

Ashe didn’t respond and Byleth took that as permission to enter. When she opened the door she saw Ashe lying face down on his bed. She walked over and placed the ice cream carton and the spoon on his nightstand before sitting down on the edge of his bed.

“Hey buddy.” She said. “How’s it going?”

Ashe just groaned. Byleth looked around the room and noticed a barely touched plate of food on the nightstand next to where she’d placed the ice cream.

“Have you been eating?” She asked.

Ashe groaned again, which Byleth took as a no.

Byleth took a deep breath and sighed. “Look, I know what you’re going through. I lost someone too, a long time ago.” Byleth didn’t like being vague but it wasn’t like she could tell Ashe that Jeralt died when he, at this point, was very much alive. “I… well… I think you might be handling this better than I did. When they died, I lashed out. I found someone to blame and tried to get revenge… and almost died because of it.” Byleth shook her head. “This isn’t really the point, though. The point is, at the time I had people who could help me. People who I could talk to. But I just brushed them off and ignored them. I just kept on going like, to quote a friend, “a boulder that rolls down whatever hill it's on.” I don’t want you to make that same mistake. There are people who are willing to help you get through this. At the very least they’re willing to listen to you.”

Byleth paused for a minute. There was an uncomfortable silence. Byleth pulled a rolled up piece of canvas from her pocket. She carefully unrolled it, revealing it to be a painting of three children, a young man, and an older man. Ashe, his siblings, Christophe, and Lonato. They were all smiling.

“I’m not sure if I should be giving this to you…” She said. “But we found this painting on Lonato’s body.”

For the first time since Byleth had entered the room, Ashe slowly sat up. He crawled his way over to sit on the edge of the bed with Byleth. Slowly, he took the painting from her grasp and looked at it with a sad smile.

“I remember this painting.” He said, running his hand over the canvas. “We had it painted the day after Christophe graduated from here. We were all so happy for him. That was also the day I told Lonato that I wanted to go to the Officer’s Academy just like him.”

Byleth patted him on the shoulder. “Look, I’ve got papers to grade so I’m gonna head out but I’m leaving the painting and the ice cream with you. I suggest you eat it before it melts. The ice cream, that is. Don’t eat the painting.”

With that, Byleth stood up and left the room. When the door closed, Ashe gently placed the painting down on his nightstand and picked up the carton of ice cream and opened it. He then picked up the spoon and ate, feeling ever so slightly better than he had before.

V_A9wluzX4nM1lVi9kamv-SD62458f4qDUwUocvbS7Z3vrDgwJWkGWy_C3pn-KW2yXYW6cHBeXskfES0hHtgP3cs2e0P_6ZdaVYUcbwPn1bnrcc6pCXyLrHQSpvbVK9rIn_-FkJc
V_A9wluzX4nM1lVi9kamv-SD62458f4qDUwUocvbS7Z3vrDgwJWkGWy_C3pn-KW2yXYW6cHBeXskfES0hHtgP3cs2e0P_6ZdaVYUcbwPn1bnrcc6pCXyLrHQSpvbVK9rIn_-FkJc

Author’s Note: Psst. Hey readers. Down here. Hi! So, there’s only one thing I really need to address for this is how Byleth is fitting a, let’s say 5x7, painting in her pocket and, for that matter, where she’s getting this pocket.

The answer is actually pretty simple. Since Byleth’s coat-cape thing is an actual coat in this universe, it has pockets and, like a lot of coats, the pockets are rather deep so it’s rather easy to store a 5x7 painting in them.

This is BackSet, signing off.

Author’s Note: This is a silly one. I had fun writing it. So I was originally planning on releasing three supports along with Chapter 7 but I got a bit stuck so you’re only getting two. Don’t worry, though, the third one will come at some point, I just don’t know when.

Author’s Update: Hi guys. I have updated the ending of this support because I thought the original ending was much to abrupt. Enjoy.

Edelgard was going about her usual business when Dimitri attacked her. What business was she going about? Nothing in particular. And not just because of author laziness.

It was a rather strange form of attack. He attempted to sneak up behind her and wrap his arms around her. She was faster than he was, though, and before he could complete his attack she whirled around and kicked him in the face, knocking him down.

“What are you doing!” She shouted.

“My apologies, Edelgard.” Dimitri answered from the ground, rubbing his face. “I should not have snuck up on you, but I could think of no other way to administer a hug to you.”

Edelgard raised one eyebrow. “What? Explain.”

Dimitri slowly stood up. “Claude told me that you looked sad and that I should give you a hug.” He explained.

“I am not sad.” Edelgard said. “Though I am quite angry now.”

“Then why would Claude say you’re sad?” Dimitri pondered. “Perhaps he mistook your sullen brooding for sadness?”

“First of all, I don’t brood.” Edelgard snapped falsely. “Second, this was obviously one of Claude’s pranks. He knew that I’d attack you if you tried to hug me.”

“But why would he do such a thing?” Dimitri asked.

“He’s Claude.” Edelgard said.

Dimitri nodded. “Good point.” He pointed at Edelgard. “Would you like to get revenge?”

“Revenge?” Edelgard asked, hand on her chin. “What do you propose?”

“Group hug.” Dimitri said, slamming his fist into his hand.

“I didn’t like it when you tried to hug me.” Edelgard pointed out. “Why would I like a group hug any more?”

“It will be a spiteful group hug.” Dimitri said.

“What does that even mean?” Edelgard asked.

Dimitri crossed his arms. “What would you propose, then?”

Edelgard grinned. “You tackle hug him off the bridge. I’ll be waiting halfway down on a pegasus or a wyvern, whichever I can get my hands on, to catch the two of you.”

Dimitri held out his hands. “Hold for a moment. That is a bit extreme, is it not?”

Edelgard raised her finger and then lowered it. “I guess it is a bit extreme, yes.” She admitted. “Perhaps there is some merit to your group hug plan.”

QsW2861LUSzvjlRezki898bVcznImd1U8ZsJlbJZWimNhGkuW0LZ8LRQkqrYlREJQZt_OwKrEw0DHAl-k47QQQ1wtZRxaD_p6Z46x3HIfRrSBe2dmDNgsbQgGWf6cJVdTZNtQPTC
QsW2861LUSzvjlRezki898bVcznImd1U8ZsJlbJZWimNhGkuW0LZ8LRQkqrYlREJQZt_OwKrEw0DHAl-k47QQQ1wtZRxaD_p6Z46x3HIfRrSBe2dmDNgsbQgGWf6cJVdTZNtQPTC

Claude strolled through Garreg Mach whistling a tune. It was quite a nice day. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. It was almost too nice. Claude couldn’t shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen, though he didn’t know what.

And as soon as he finished that thought, the bad thing happened. Out of nowhere, two bodies slammed into him from each side, trapping him in their embrace. He struggled to get out as they lifted him off the ground but it was no use.

“Can’t… breathe…” He spluttered.

His captors released him from their grip. He dropped to the ground and took a deep breath, then he looked up to see who had tackle hugged him. It was Dimitri and, to his surprise, Edelgard.

“I apologize for squeezing you too hard.” Dimitri said. “Sometimes I do not know my own strength.”

“What the hell!” Claude shouted. “Pas kala re maláka!”

Edelgard pointed down at him smugly. “How does it feel to have a taste of your own medicine!”

“Oh.” Claude said, realization dawning. “That was payback for the hugging prank, isn’t it?”

“That’s right!” Edelgard said. She pointed to Dimitri. “It was Dimitri’s idea.”

“Really?” Claude asked, standing up. “Dimitri came up with a revenge plan?”

“Be glad.” Dimitri said. “Edelgard wanted to push you off the bridge.”

Claude stared at Edelgard. “You what!” He shouted.

“I would have caught you.” Edelgard explained, smirking.

“Or you would have missed and I’d have fallen to my death!” Claude shouted.

“I don’t miss.” Edelgard said.

“No, I don’t miss!” Claude countered. “You miss all the time with that big heavy axe of yours!”

“You’ve missed plenty of times!” Edelgard pointed out.

“Special circumstances.” Claude insisted, pointing at the ground for some reason.

“Edelgard, Claude. Please stop this pointless fighting.” Dimitri said.

“This isn’t pointless!” Claude shouted. “She wanted to push me off a bridge!”

Dimitri sighed. “I guess I have no choice, then.”

“Wait, what do you mean you have no-” Claude began but he was cut off by the answer to his question.

Dimitri glomped him and Edelgard simultaneously. He was really starting to regret pulling that hug prank, especially since Edelgard was fighting this particular hug all the way which involved a lot of injuries on his end. He had brought all of this on himself.

Author’s Note: Edelgard, don’t lie. You brood all the time. Albeit, probably not about the right stuff. Dimitri, don’t judge. You don’t have the right. Your brooding is arguably worse.

In other news, HUGS!

Last edited:
Author’s Note: Here it is! The third support I wanted to show you! I’ve had this idea in my head for a while now just because I thought it was funny. I know that “Mercenary becomes a teacher” is literally Byleth’s entire schtick but Byleth didn’t have to deal with a seemingly incompetent teacher (not that Byleth is incompetent) leaving behind ridiculous notes.

Another note, I got my first actual review on FF.Net. I’ve gotten reviews before but one of them was just agreeing with me that angst is boring and another is clearly visible on Bulbagarden without having to click anything. There are two reviews presumably from the same person, named Guest. I assume that’s their name because they don’t have an account. It looks like they may have accidentally sent in five identical reviews but that’s probably just FF.Net’s automatic email system acting up.

First review which is about Hubert Gets Detention: “I do like that you have a professor gave Hubert Detention.. That is realistic.. no one of Authority would tolerate such disrespect”

Thank you. Hubert Gets Detention is possibly my oldest idea for a support, since I had it before Fifth Path was even an inkling in my mind (no not that one). I had it back when I first played Three Houses (around the time Byleth came out for Smash) and saw Byleth and Hubert’s C support and I was like “If that was me I’d have totally given him detention” and thus I jumped at the first chance I got to write that story.

Second review which is about Vs. Felix: “the introduction of this story is not clear”

Thank you again for that criticism. I’ll get around to fixing that some day but for now I will simply have to keep that in mind going forward.

And, speaking of introductions or rather, the exact opposite of introductions, I actually have fixed something in a previous support. I went back and rewrote the ending of Hugs since I thought it was a bit too abrupt.

And I just found out that there is a third review from a person named 5 Path Wolf (who I assume also doesn’t have an account because that would be an unbelievably coincidental name otherwise) while I was updating Hugs that I didn’t notice before. I didn’t get an email about it which is weird but whatever. FF. Net’s email system is finicky, I guess. Anyway, this review really makes more sense as a review of the main Fifth Path story since it’s more related to it but since it was a review of Supports I’ll cover it here and then cover it in the next chapter of Fifth Path for those who aren’t subscribed to Supports.

So, the review suggests that I base Fifth Path more off of Cindered Shadows (and also reminding us to treat Cindered Shadows as an alternate universe to the other four story paths, which is true) and they make plenty of good points… that are stuff I was already gonna do anyways. At least, some of them are. I’ll let you guess which ones I am and am not going to use.

Regardless, rest assured that not only will the Ashen Wolves show up but they will have important story roles. I already have the perfect place to slot Cindered Shadows into and then we’ll be going on from there. So good on you, 5 Path Wolf, for guessing some of my plot threads before I even get a chance to use them.

That’s all for now. Di immortales this was a long Author’s Note. Let’s finally get into the support, why don’t we. As usual, story commentary below. (One more thing, I won’t be doing this for every review, these reviews were just special).

Shamir’s day wasn’t going at all like she had expected. She had expected a normal day of vigilantly keeping watch for any potential threats. Instead she was playing babysitter to a bunch of kids. She didn’t even know how she had wound up in this position. Some random woman, apparently a professor, had approached her and shoved a bunch of papers into her hands, asking her to act as a substitute teacher and suddenly she’s in a classroom.

Understandably, the kids had just as many questions as she did when they came in.

“Who the heck are you?” A kid with blue hair asked. There was no way that was his natural hair color.

“My name is Shamir.” Shamir answered. “I will be your substitute professor until your actual one comes back.”

Comprehension donned on the blue haired kid’s face. “Oh! I think I know who you are! You’re that mercenary who works with the Knights of Seiros, right!”

“That is correct.” Shamir replied.

“But… what are you doing here?” The kid asked. “And where’s our professor?”

“And for that matter where is Lady Edelgard?” A shifty looking kid said. Shamir actually knew this one. His name was Hubert. Everybody knew about Hubert, Edelgard’s so creepy it had to be intentional retainer.

“I can’t answer that.” Shamir replied.

“Can’t… or won’t?” Hubert asked.

“Can’t.” Shamir replied. “I imagine you will be informed of that when your Professor returns.”

“Excuse me, Miss… Shamir, was it?” A rather pompous looking kid with orange hair asked. “As the Professor is absent, what shall we be working on today.”

That was a good question and not one Shamir had the answer to at that very moment. (Un)fortunately, she had with her the myriad of paper that the woman, Byleth she had called herself, had shoved into her hands. She searched through them for a lesson plan. This woman was not organized. Finally she found a badly wrinkled, barely readable lesson plan that was covered in sticky notes.

She held the plan in front of her and paraphrased it out loud. “Today you will be taking a test on the defensive techniques you learned in previous lessons.”

Next to that sentence was a sticky note reading “Make sure test is passable.”

That didn’t bode well. Shamir had no way of knowing when this note was written, but the fact that the sticky note was still there implied it hadn’t been taken care of yet. At least she didn’t have to search through the pile to find the tests. They were right on top of it. She collected them and began handing them out.

“I expect you to act in accordance with the rules.” She said passing out tests with one hand and holding the lesson plan that contained the rules with another.. “That means no talking, no sharing answers, no leaving without permission, and no exploiting loopholes within the previously stated rules.” Huh. That was kind of clever, actually. Maybe this professor wasn’t a complete fool after all.

As Shamir finished handing out the tests, one girl put her hand up. Shamir vaguely recognized her as Petra, the princess of Brigid, another student that most people knew about since she was royalty. Not that Shamir particularly cared.

“Yes?” Shamir asked.

“Please be excusing me.” The princess said. “But Bernie has not been given her test.”

Shamir looked around. She was pretty sure she had handed out tests to everyone. Then she spotted one other person in the room. A girl curled up under a desk. As Shamir approached her, she recoiled in fear, which Shamir couldn’t fault her for. She was quite intimidating and she knew it.

“Are you allowed to be under here?” Shamir asked. The girl just whimpered in response.

“She’s probably not.” Hubert answered for the girl. “But it’s a debacle to try and get her out from under the desk so we just let her stay there.”

Shamir shrugged and placed the test in front of the girl. The girl didn’t respond, continuing her fearful whimpering so Shamir returned to the desk at the front of the room.

“Your test starts now.” She said.

Most of the students started writing. They didn’t do it dutifully but at least they were writing. There were a few exceptions. A boy with green hair was taking a nap and the girl under the desk had transitioned from a ball to the fetal position.

After about five minutes, Petra raised her hand.

“Yes?” Shamir asked, pointing at her.

“Miss Shamir,” Petra said. “I am needing help. I do not quite have understanding of what this question is asking.”

Shamir wasn’t sure if she should assist. Tests were supposed to be independent, after all. But she was pretty sure it was a teacher’s job to help her students. Not entirely sure, but pretty sure.

She headed over to where Petra was sitting and looked over her shoulder. Immediately, she saw the question Petra was having trouble with, if it could even be called a question. A jumble of equations that hardly seemed to be related to battle, let alone anything else. Shamir was generally smart and clever, but she couldn’t make heads or tails of this.

“I have no idea what this is supposed to say.” She said. She picked up the test and held it up for the class to see, pointing at the question. “Does anyone know what this says?”

The pompous boy with orange hair stood up. “I do!”

“No you don’t.” A girl with a rather nice hat said, shaking her head. Her voice sounded slightly familiar.

“Yes I do!” The pompous orange haired boy protested.

“Aside from the fact that this question makes no sense.” The hat girl said. “I know for a fact that you didn’t study. You were too busy bothering me.”

“I did not neglect my studies, I merely had different priorities.” The orange haired boy defended. “Finding the root of your hatred of me is much more important than studying something as simple as… uh…”

The hat girl crossed her arms. “Advanced defence tactics.” She finished for him.

The orange haired boy snapped his fingers. “Yes. That.”

“Back on topic.” Hubert said coldly. “I highly doubt anybody knows how to answer this question or even has a remote understanding of what it’s supposed to be asking. Not a surprise. There’s always at least one of these, on every test. Usually more.”

That clinched it. This Byleth was either a ditzy genius or an incompetent fool. Possibly both if that was possible.

Behind Shamir, someone yawned. “Let me take care of this.” The entire classroom (except Bernadetta) turned to see who had spoken. It was the green haired boy who had previously been taking a nap. When had he woken up.

The boy stood up and walked over to Petra’s desk and placed his own test down on it. Everyone gathered around to watch as he took out his pencil and began drawing lines.

“This is simple, really.” The green haired boy said as he drew. “You’re all just looking at it wrong. It’s not about the equations or the numbers, those are just there to distract you. The only number that really matters is the number that reoccurs most often, five. Once you recognize that all you have to do is connect the fives together and you’ll get…” He paused dramatically as he finished his drawing and then held it up for everyone to see. “The Crest of Fraldarius.”

Everyone stared at him, baffled.

“You must be kidding me.” Hubert said incredulously. “What you propose is ridiculous. You probably just found a set of meaningless coincidences and convinced yourself that they made a crest.”

“I’ve gotta agree with Hubert on this one.” The blue haired boy said, sounding like he was trying not to gag. “What does a crest have to do with advanced defense tactics?”

“Yes, explain.” Shamir said.

“Don’t you remember the Professor’s tangents?” The green haired boy asked. “Possession of the Crest of Fraldarius allows one to unlock the full power of the Aegis Shield and a shield is an instrument used for defense.”

“That makes some amount of sense, I suppose.” The hat girl said.

“No it doesn’t.” Hubert said. “It makes no sense at all. The logic required to arrive at this conclusion is absolutely ludicrous.”

“Of course it seems ridiculous on the surface.” The green haired kid rebutted. “But underneath, my logic is sound.”

“I… what… how…” Hubert spluttered.

“This is not good.” Petra said in response to this. “Linhardt, I am thinking, how does the saying go? Oh, I remember. I am thinking that you have broken Hubert.”

It was then that the bell rang, finally releasing the students (and Shamir) and from this insanity. Similar to an incident at the beginning of the year, all the students left except for Hubert. Unlike last time, however, he was not staying for malicious purposes. No, the reason he was staying was because Linhardt genuinely had broken him.

“Could somebody take care of this?” Shamir called after the students, gesturing to Hubert. Nobody volunteered. Understandable, considering that this was Hubert. Shamir decided to just leave him there. It wasn’t on her if he ended up staying there for the rest of the day.

xBQAwlWAuhVX_AmafF3uSmEWORizbTvNogMMV_ggHOxTxkmlFFfPKv54-jYRLQDKUl_W4nwX4y_pfQ3ct7yZO3oDtPU4sdKyjww3NCUOgiMbyouE-sz7JNxe-afKnktnycH4JOZx
xBQAwlWAuhVX_AmafF3uSmEWORizbTvNogMMV_ggHOxTxkmlFFfPKv54-jYRLQDKUl_W4nwX4y_pfQ3ct7yZO3oDtPU4sdKyjww3NCUOgiMbyouE-sz7JNxe-afKnktnycH4JOZx

Author’s Note: Wow, this quickly turned from “Shamir deals with Black Eagles wackiness” to “Linhardt upstages everyone with bullshit”. Oh well, at least I got to write more Hubert. He may not be the most likeable character but damn is he fun to write.

And yes, I know I missed a big opportunity by putting Shamir and Dorothea in the same room and not having them talk to each other but I couldn’t find a way to insert that into the story. You’ll have to settle for a vague reference instead.

I’m pretty sure that’s all for now. If not, I’ll address it in the next Author’s Note. Adios.

Last edited:
Author’s Note: Behold, yet another support about someone who really shouldn’t be teaching being thrust into a teaching role. But then again, I suppose that basically describes one third of the plot of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Byleth has no credentials aside from being a certified badass (note: certification does not equal qualification) and having a goddess living inside her head and yet she was made a teacher. I guess it could be worse. They could have put her in charge of a whole country. Oh wait...

The Golden Deer Classroom was a nice place to work. The desks were big and had plenty of space to spread out tools and materials. Claude couldn’t do any of this in his room, which was almost entirely taken up by poison ingredients. Not the murdering kind, of course.

Claude took an arrow and carefully removed its head. It was a bit of a tedious process since he didn’t want to break the shaft or the head. Once he got the head off he placed it in a pile of other pointy arrow heads. Then he took an irregularly shaped head that he had been working on and tied it onto the freshly headless arrow shaft, once again a tedious process but worth it in the end.

“Hello Claude.” A pleasant voice said behind him.

Claude turned around to see who spoke. It was Ashe, possibly the most innocent person on the planet. He was one of the few people Claude wouldn’t prank due to his naivete and eager to please attitude. It just seemed downright mean to mess with such a nice guy.

“Oh, hey Cinders.” Claude said. Cinders, as you may have guessed, was Claude’s nickname for Ashe.

Ashe leaned over to look at Claude’s work. “What are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m making trick arrows.” Claude said, showing Ashe the arrow he had just been working on. The head of the arrow was different from other arrows. The most obvious difference was that, instead of a normal pointy metal head, the head was a glass cylinder with a cone on the end containing a green cloud. “I call this one a sleeper arrow. When it hits its target it releases a gas that puts people to sleep when inhaled.”

“Cool.” Ashe said. “That’s actually why I’m here. I’ve been looking at the trick arrow you lent me for…” He trailed off. After about five seconds he cleared his throat and continued like nothing happened. “I was looking at the trick arrow you lent me and I was wondering if you could teach me how to make some.”

That was an interesting request. Claude had never taught anyone before. He tended to leave teaching to, well, actual teachers. But how hard could it be.

Claude smiled at Ashe. “Sure I can. Just let me clear off some space for you.”

Claude carefully moved his already made trick arrows and his leftover regular arrow tips over to make space. Then he patted the seat next to him, inviting Ashe to sit. He did so.

Claude grabbed an ordinary arrow and held it up to show Ashe. “First, you take a normal arrow and remove the head. You want to be careful when you do this to make sure you don’t break the shaft.”

Ashe watched intently as Claude carefully took the head off the arrow. He placed it off to the side and picked up a trick head, specifically one for a net arrow.

“Next you attach the trick arrow head.” Claude said. Then he realized he hadn’t actually talked about the trick heads or how to make them. “I’ll… uh… teach you how to make them later.” That was probably for the best, actually. He wasn’t prepared for impromptu arrowhead making lessons. “Anyway, you take the trick arrow head and attach it like so and vlépo! One net arrow.” He picked up a regular pointy arrow and handed it to Ashe. “Here, now you try.”

Ashe began to detach the head. It was painfully slow but Claude had told him to be careful. Once Ashe had removed the pointy head and set it aside, they moved on to the next step.

“Great.” Claude said. “Now comes the trick head.”

Claude tossed Ashe a sleeper head and he barely caught the head, almost dropping it several times before finally getting a good grip on it. He then picked up the arrow shaft and slowly began attaching the arrowhead to the shaft.

“Good.” Claude said. “Now make sure not to stab the shaft through the…” Just before Claude finished his sentence, the shaft of the arrow poked through the glass arrowhead, releasing green gas that began to spread everywhere.

“Vial.” Claude finished.

“I’m sorry!” Ashe shouted.

“It’s fine.” Claude said urgently, covering his face with his hand. “Now cover your nose and mouth. Don’t breathe in the gas.”

Ashe nodded and made to cover his face too but he was too slow. He keeled over and landed on the ground, fast asleep. Claude quickly made his way out of the gas cloud before it could seep through his fingers. Once he was out of it he removed his hand from his face and took a big gulp of air. Then, he exhaled it in one long sigh.

I bet Manuela didn’t knock out her students on her first day teaching. He thought.

wezCPNTdHHmgnBV4VUWn1AzQ12xbb9wsqIj1BhN58mDXGjturHCK8mGNl1YUGZBGCcIHFR-5PAxIDrFgAHDwWMRizug_ub9pwawUyDc7Vp9cjHkEcsCU_W4IskbLWiWrzGHwlpm5
wezCPNTdHHmgnBV4VUWn1AzQ12xbb9wsqIj1BhN58mDXGjturHCK8mGNl1YUGZBGCcIHFR-5PAxIDrFgAHDwWMRizug_ub9pwawUyDc7Vp9cjHkEcsCU_W4IskbLWiWrzGHwlpm5

Author’s Note: I’m 98% sure that Manuela totally did knock out at least one of her students on her first day teaching. Not on purpose, mind you. Well, maybe on purpose. No, it wasn’t on purpose. She’d lose her job is it was. I’m pretty sure that riding crop from the intro cutscene is just for show and intimidation. Unlike a certain whip wielding prosecutor.

Author’s Note: This is a rather short one. I think it’s even shorter than confidence. But it’s one I’ve been wanting to do for a while now and I figured this was a pretty good place to put it.

Leonie was bored. How had she ended up in this situation? You get into one little fight and they send you to detention, which happens to be sitting and doing nothing while Professor Byleth “supervised.” And this time, there probably wasn’t going to be a runaway pegasus to make things interesting.

“You shouldn’t look so down.” Byleth said, looking up from the book she was reading. “Trust me, this is a way better punishment than whatever Manuela had planned for you.”

Leonie rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah.”

Byleth put her book down, sat up, and moved her hand to her chin. “You know, I’ve always wondered what your issue is with me. I’m fairly certain that we’ve never met before I came to Garreg Mach and I don’t recall wronging you in any way.”

“My issue is that you don’t show Captain Jeralt enough respect.” Leonie explained irritably.

“I show Jeralt plenty of respect.” Byleth said.

“No you don’t.” Leonie protested. “You don’t understand what an honor it is to be his daughter.”

“You’re not making any sense.” Byleth replied.

“I’m making perfect sense.” Leonie said, crossing her arms. “You’re just not understanding.”

Byleth rolled her eyes and leaned back in her chair. She put her hands behind her head. “You know, this actually reminds me of something I was just thinking about recently.”

Leone cocked her head questioningly. “Hmm..?”

“When you think about it, we’re kind of like long lost sisters.” Byleth said.

Leonie raised an eyebrow. “Um… how?”

“Well, I’m Jeralt’s daughter and you’re, in your own words, Jeralt’s first and best apprentice.” Byleth explained. She ignored Leonie’s protestation of Are you mocking me? “It’s obvious you think of Jeralt as at the very least a father figure and we’ve never met each other, which is weird because I’m pretty sure I’m older than you, so we’re like long lost sisters.”

“Isn’t that a bit of a logic leap?” Leonie asked.

“I don’t think so.” Byleth said, sitting up and placing her hand on her chin.

“Whatever.” Leonie said. “Who would want you as a sister, anyway.”

“Okay that was just mean.” Byleth said. “I’d give you detention for that but you’re already in detention. Back on topic, I would make a great older sister.”

Leonie shook her head. “No you wouldn’t.”

“Guess you’ll just have to teach me how to be a good older sister, then.” Byleth said.

“What?” Leonie asked incredulously. She put her hands out in front of her in a stopping gesture. “No. Not happening. Nope.”

“Too late.” Byleth said with a smirk. “You’ve been drafted.”

“What?” Leonie asked again, even more incredulously. “You can’t do that.”

“If Rhea can draft me, I can draft you.” Byleth said, corpsing. She leaned forward and placed her elbows on her desk, using her hands and forearms to support her chin. “So, when’s the first lesson, Teach?”

qstbo3IoLz874nPDsz4go5EK5KJofgIwM5ZcKefvO8oWrdWQ2rfLcUeymrQLvpOAOjcANzuCUNPyNJLHZb5HAYeyjNVkJNEq_jlweSoMo39OTl8j8xkVYjlgV4ZpZro1u-Luum3p
qstbo3IoLz874nPDsz4go5EK5KJofgIwM5ZcKefvO8oWrdWQ2rfLcUeymrQLvpOAOjcANzuCUNPyNJLHZb5HAYeyjNVkJNEq_jlweSoMo39OTl8j8xkVYjlgV4ZpZro1u-Luum3p

Author’s Note: Corpsing.

Meanwhile, somewhere else in Garreg Mach Monastery, Claude von Riegan feels a disturbance in the force.

Why do I keep forcing people who shouldn’t be teaching into teaching roles. Counting this support but not counting Byleth, that’s three people so far. Though I highly doubt actual teaching will happen. Byleth is just messing with Leonie. About the teaching thing, that is. She’s serious about the long lost sisters thing.

Author’s Note: Hurray! This support has more Seteth stuff! Because I love writing Seteth and Byleth together. They just… they have such a good dynamic it’s hilarious.

Byleth was annoyed. Seteth really needed to get it into his head that she was not a morning person. But no, he decided that he would schedule a private meeting with her at 6 freaking 30 in the goddess damn morning! The only reason she was actually going was because Sothis had thrown a pillow in her face. She really needed to get an alarm clock.

She entered Seteth’s office and sat down across from him, unprompted. Seteth was looking over a piece of paper, probably a report or something. He looked up from the paper.

“Ah, Byleth.” He said. “Thank you for meeting with me.”

“Perhaps now you can explain why I’m meeting with you?” Byleth asked.

“This meeting has been a long time coming. There is a matter I wish to discuss with you.” Seteth said. “As you know it is my responsibility to aid the archbishop in all her duties. Spiritual instruction, ceremony oversight, donation management, etcetera, etcetera. I also oversee the Knights of Seiros and the Officer’s Academy.”

“Wait, the Knights of Seiros?” Byleth interrupted. “I thought that was Jeralt’s job.”

“No.” Seteth said. “Jeralt is the captain of the Knights of Seiros. He’s in charge of their combat related endeavours. I serve as the Knights’ manager, taking care of the bookkeeping.” He cleared his throat. “Now, as I was saying, the archbishop entrusts a great deal to my discretion, and I am honored by her confidence. Even when she must make decisions herself, she often seeks my counsel in advance. Despite this, your appointment as a professor came as a complete surprise to me. Not only that, but you have been entrusted with the Sword of the Creator. Frankly, I am quite baffled by that decision. A full investigation should be conducted, at minimum, before entrusting you with such a responsibility, yet no such investigation has been conducted. Aside from your skill in war and strategy and that you have captured the hearts of more than half the academy’s student body, I know next to nothing about you.”

“In other words, you don’t trust me.” Byleth said, crossing her arms. Then her eyes widened and she immediately backtracked. “Wait! What do you mean I’ve ‘captured the hearts of more than half the academy’s student body!?’”

Seteth ignored her latter comment. “That is more or less what it boils down to, if I am to be honest. You have not exactly proved yourself to be trustworthy and you have a history of disobeying orders.”

“Seteth, why is half the student body in love with me!?” Byleth asked, still distracted by Seteth’s previous comment.

Seteth rolled his eyes. “Please stay focused.”

“I am focused!” Byleth protested. “This is an important issue!”

“Byleth!” Seteth snapped.

“Alright, alright.” Byleth said, holding up her hands in surrender. “But we’re talking about this later!”

Seteth rolled his eyes. “Fine. Anyway, I think it is time I learned more about you. I am going to ask you a series of questions, I request that you answer them honestly. First, you are the daughter of Jeralt Eisner, correct?”

“That’s what I’ve been told.” Byleth said. “At the very least, he’s a father figure. I like him a lot.”

“That is… rather vague.” Seteth said. “I must implore that you please answer my inquiries with more confidence. Moving on, as the former and current captain of the Knights of Seiros, Jeralt is renowned throughout Fodlan. If you really are his child, then no one would voice any complaint about you joining the knights.”

Byleth shrugged. “Meh. I think I prefer being a teacher. Less restriction. Besides, who wants to work for their father.”

“How long have you been a mercenary?” Seteth asked.

“About… ten years, I think.” Byleth said.

“Given your age that seems highly improbable.” Seteth said.

“I was a quick learner.” Byleth explained.

“Come to think of it.” Seteth said, stroking his beard. “I have never asked your age. How old are you.”

Byleth opened her mouth to answer and then closed it again. She began counting on her fingers and muttering things that were inaudible to Seteth. After a few minutes of that she looked up at Seteth and answered his question.

“Um… I think I’m adult-ish.” Byleth said. “Does that work?”

Seteth shook his head. “Not at all.” He sighed. “Well, this has been a complete waste of time. I had hoped to learn more about you but all I have gleaned is that you barely know anything about yourself. I feel that asking any more questions would just be a further waste of time. However, permit me to make one thing clear. Whatever her reasons, the archbishop has placed great faith in you. Do not betray that trust. Additionally, I will be further investigating you.”

“Got it.” Byleth said with a thumbs up. “So… can we talk about that “captured the hearts of half the student body” thing now?”

Seteth rolled his eyes and sighed. “I suppose so.”

Br4cPg4vHrAjsn-dc7pmVCboBXIfnEvHnUGOFixol5fxjbvdC9mwIlZjr2WviX25IVIfmE2ePXoSrPkwJyFRLQJHKl9PeIp6Mhlye5TGxBdHrIhjt8rY4RFziBmjy3n01aHNPRMJ
Br4cPg4vHrAjsn-dc7pmVCboBXIfnEvHnUGOFixol5fxjbvdC9mwIlZjr2WviX25IVIfmE2ePXoSrPkwJyFRLQJHKl9PeIp6Mhlye5TGxBdHrIhjt8rY4RFziBmjy3n01aHNPRMJ

Author’s Note: Now you may be wondering why this is just a retread of Seteth and Byleth’s C-Support. The answer to that question is easy. I love writing Seteth and Byleth together. Just like I said in the beginning. Also I love that “captured the hearts of the student body” thing. It’s true.

Author’s Note: What’s this? You get not one, not two, but three supports in one day! Amazing!

I’ll admit this did not turn out how it was originally intended to. It was originally supposed to be a whole thing where Byleth informs Alois that she sort of thinks of him like an honorary uncle, just like with Leonie in one of the other supports, but it didn’t end up that way. Oh well. When the characters decide something different happens, what’re you gonna do.

Byleth was starting to notice a pattern. For some reason she hung out at the training ground a lot. Even outside of her training with the three house leaders. This time, she was there to talk to Alois.

“Hey Alois!” She called to the joke cracking Knight.

Alois turned to face her. “Ah, Byleth, good to see you!” He said loudly. “You have excellent timing. I just came up with a brand new joke and need to tell it to someone!”

Byleth resisted the urge to groan. Oh boy. This was gonna be good. “Alright, let’s hear it.”

“Okay, here we go.” Alois said.” Why are colds bad criminals?”

“Why?” Byleth asked, trying to sound enthusiastic.

“Because they’re easy to catch!” Alois broke into laughter at his own joke.

Byleth gave a courtesy laugh while simultaneously rolling her eyes. Luckily, Alois didn’t seem to notice the eye roll.

“Pretty good, right?” Alois asked, grinning.

“Yeah, great.” Byleth said in a monotone. “Anyway, I actually came here to ask you something.”

“Really?” Alois said.

Byleth nodded. “Yeah. So, you knew Jeralt a long time ago, right?”

“Yes!” Alois said proudly. “After all, I was his right hand man! At least, that’s how I thought of myself.”

“Well, I was wondering, do you know anything about my moth- I mean, a woman who Jeralt fell in love with?” Byleth asked.

“Now that you mention it, I do recall someone like that.” Alois said. “But it’s strange… I can’t seem to recall her name. I do recall that she was very kind. She always laughed at my jokes. Oh, and she loved flowers.”

So my mother had a terrible sense of humor. Byleth thought.

“You know, it’s seems kind of odd.” Alois mused. “Captain Jeralt was completely in love with her, they even got married. I know, I was there. And yet, he comes back 20 years later with a daughter, that is to say, you.” Alois rubbed his chin. “Hmm… maybe you’re adopted.”

“Maybe.” Byleth said. “I’ve never really thought to ask.” Byleth knew this was false but she figured Jeralt had lied to Rhea about when she was born for a reason. “Is there anything else you can tell me?”

“Not really.” Alois said. “Though there is one thing. The day Captain Jeralt disappeared was only a few days after his wife died. I suppose he must have run off due to grief. Rather out of character for him, I’ll admit.”

Or he ran off because he thought Rhea did something to me. Byleth thought. Which is admittedly something I can’t discount.

“Well, thanks.” Byleth said out loud. “I’d love to stick around and chat but I’ve got other things I need to do.”

zAnnpqacnG0sTQAMOqoctrgXHSnGteWbKi56ZXbWJlOoEu91B2I3RyHwgCxZcrcumvnxFDgdfogNqygF-TMAwcuGqe8VjW843P8rVbQJkbk_4zvOsIxP8O4dL7GEso_XlXc-j4Yg
zAnnpqacnG0sTQAMOqoctrgXHSnGteWbKi56ZXbWJlOoEu91B2I3RyHwgCxZcrcumvnxFDgdfogNqygF-TMAwcuGqe8VjW843P8rVbQJkbk_4zvOsIxP8O4dL7GEso_XlXc-j4Yg

Author’s Note: I don’t really have much to say down here.

Uh… play Kirby Fighters 2?*

Watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?*

Help me find a not-dead Kirby forum? (dammit Rainbow Resort!)

I don’t know.

*This Fanfic has not made any sponsorship deals. Yet.

Last edited:
Author’s Note: Here’s a cute short one. Byleth is once again getting on people’s nerves. Whose nerves? Who knows. Well, I know, but I won’t tell you. Otherwise you wouldn’t read the story.
“Hey, come on, don’t talk like that.” Sylvain said. “How long have we known each other?”

“Long enough, if you ask me.” Felix spat. “We only know each other because of our parents' friendship. I didn't have a say in it.”

Ingrid sighed as she watched from afar. Those two were at it again. They were always arguing and she’d probably have to swoop in later and clean up whatever mess they left behind.

Hey, Ingrid. What’s up?” Someone said from behind her. Ingrid turned around to see who had spoken. It was Professor Byleth.

“Oh, hello Professor.” She said. “I’m just watching those two argue.” She jabbed her thumb behind her at Felix and Sylvain.

“Again?” Byleth asked. “They must be really mad at eachother. I had to give them detention two days ago for being disruptive.”

Ingrid shook her head. “No, they’re not mad. They’re always like this. If it’s not one thing, it’s another.”

“Wow.” Byleth said.

“Yep.” Ingrid replied.

“You know.” Byleth mused, resting her right elbow on her left arm and placing her palm on her left cheek. “The way they fight always reminds me of an old married couple.”

“I guess I can see that.” Ingrid said.

Suddenly, a huge grin spread across Byleth’s face. “So when do you think they’ll start dating?”

“What?” Ingrid asked.

“I told you they fight like an old married couple.” Byleth explained. “They’re perfect for eachother.”

“I… don’t think that’s how it works.” Ingrid replied.

“Oh come on.” Byleth said. “Don’t tell me you can’t see it?” She stuck her hand straight out and waved it in front of her. “The spark is there, and soon it will become a raging fire.” Ingrid didn’t know it, but Byleth was just stealing a line from a romance novel she had snatched from Seteth while he was doing his routine library sweep. She never could figure out why Seteth hated romance novels so much.

“Uh…” Ingrid said, confused.

“So who do you think will confess first?” Byleth asked, adopting the tone of a gossipy schoolgirl. Because really, that’s what she was a quarter of the time.

“What?” Ingrid asked again.

“Which one of them do you think will confess their love first, Felix or Sylvain?” Byleth explained.

“Er… I guess Sylvain.” Ingrid said. “If they really are in love with each other, which you have no proof that they are.”

“And you have no proof that they’re not.” Byleth said in a sing-song voice. “Anyway, I’m thinking that Felix’ll confess first.”

“That seems unlikely.” Ingrid said.

“Exactly.” Byleth said, snapping her fingers. “So, wanna bet on it?”

“What?” Ingrid asked a third time. “Is betting even allowed?”

Byleth shrugged. “Probably not. But I’m a teacher. I can do things students can’t.”

“But I’m a student.” Ingrid said.

“We’ll just say I didn’t see you do it.” Byleth said. “So how about it? If Sylvain confesses first, I’ll give you ten gold but if Felix confesses first, you’ll give me ten gold.”

“This… really doesn’t seem right.” Ingrid said. “But also I kind of want to do it… and I hate it.”

“Give in to the dark side.” Byleth said. “I’ve always wanted to say that.”

Ingrid grumbled to herself for a minute straight before finally relenting. “Ugh! Fine! I’ll take the bet. But I don’t expect anything to come of it.”

Byleth held out her hand and Ingrid took it. The two of them shook.

Ou1AmDTOJUsuy2C1xd6eDCtSFdsVBjnEIzHUtkPge6QGdidq89UVZvK2QhLcmYqpmYhQlWSS3VyXpbeDGvcQTiAf7uyiXTLNg-GKe4QiKTg2qUJEpNitIw6eKUVRjhrQ-sIuruAK
Ou1AmDTOJUsuy2C1xd6eDCtSFdsVBjnEIzHUtkPge6QGdidq89UVZvK2QhLcmYqpmYhQlWSS3VyXpbeDGvcQTiAf7uyiXTLNg-GKe4QiKTg2qUJEpNitIw6eKUVRjhrQ-sIuruAK

Author’s Note: Ingrid you non-believer! Enough of your heresy!

So, yes, this does confirm that canon supports are happening, mostly offscreen. I mean, it was kind of implied back in chapter 3 when I mentioned a “tiff” that Dorothea and Felix had.

Also, when I wrote that part about Seteth hating romance novels I had this amusing image in my head of Seteth a couple thousand years later trying to “protect” Flayn from Otome Games.

Last edited:
Author’s Note: Alternate title: Ingrid Galatea: Ace Attorney.

Good lord this is a long one. It’s actually longer than my longest chapter. And right after I made a joke in the last Support about condensing it in order to not go on too long (Edit: so, uh, I kind of posted this support before the support I'm referencing so if you could do me a favor and read that one first that would be great, thanks).

So, this isn’t exactly the best put together mystery but it’s a side story to a Fire Emblem: Three Houses fanfic that something like 30 people care about, it doesn’t need to be well put together. It’s just kind of silly.

Disclaimer: Okay, so this is the first time in which I truly suggest that you not read the FF.Net version. Sure I think the Bulbagarden and ZU versions of the fic are better in general but the FF.Net version of the fic is okay and readable. This time, however, the FF.Net version of this support is truly the worst. I do a lot of stuff in here to make it resemble the Ace Attorney games as much as possible, and because FF.Net is extremely limiting (note how I’m stuck with dumb page breaks instead of the neat Crest of Flames section breaker I use on the ZU and Bulbagarden versions) reading the ZU or Bulbagarden versions are the only way to enjoy the full experience.

Since I can’t link you to them (another thing FF.Net won’t let me do that I can do on the ZU and Bulbagarden versions), I’ll give you instructions: go to Zeldauniverse.net or Bulbagarden.net, click on forums, scroll down to Creative Corner and Writer’s Workshop respectively, click on those, and then just keep scrolling until you find Fifth Path Supports.

So, yeah. Onwards with the chapter!

“So, how’s their relationship coming along?” Byleth asked.

“What?” Ingrid replied, baffled.

It was after class and Byleth had requested that Ingrid stay behind. It was an odd request, since Byleth usually just let them all go as soon as the bell rang.

“You know, Felix and Sylvain’s relationship.” Byleth explained. “The one we’re betting on.”

“Oh, right.” Ingrid said. “I completely forgot.”

“How could you forget?” Byleth asked. “Ten gold is riding on this.”

“Is this why you asked me to stay behind?” Ingrid asked, annoyed.

“Oh… right, no, that’s not it.” Byleth said, reaching down into her desk. She grabbed some papers from inside it and placed them on the desk. “I actually wanted to talk to you about your grade.”

That was unexpected. Byleth rarely did anything so mundane as talk about grades. She was more likely to ask for help pulling a prank or something.

“Don’t look surprised.” Byleth said, sounding mildly offended. “I do do my job sometimes.” She took a paper off the stack. “Anyway, let’s start-”

Byleth was cut off by the classroom doors slamming open. Through the doors ran Sylvain, who looked for all the world like he was being chased by some monster. He skidded to a stop in front of Byleth’s desk, breathing heavily.

“Professor! Ingrid! You’ve gotta help me!” He shouted.

“Sylvain? What’s wrong?” Byleth asked, surprised.

Ingrid’s reaction was more annoyed. “Who did you tick off this time?” She asked, hands on her hips.

“Me!” Shouted a voice from the doorway. Into the room stepped Lysithea, looking decidedly ticked. It was kind of adorable, in a terrifying way.

Sylvain tried to hide behind Ingrid as Lysithea started towards him. Ingrid rolled her eyes and moved out of the way, letting Lysithea march right up to him. She pointed at him dramatically.

“You are going to pay for your crime!” She shouted.

“But I didn’t do it!” Sylvain shouted.

Byleth decided to be the adult here (I know, shocking) and stepped between Sylvain and Lysithea. She held her hands out to the side, one facing Sylvain and the other facing Lysithea.

“Hold on, what’s going on here?” She asked.

Lysithea pointed at Sylvain again. “Sylvain is a thief! He stole my slice of cake! I was saving it for later and it was clearly labeled!”

“I told you, it wasn’t me!” Sylvain defended. He looked absolutely terrified, which was understandable since a hangry Lysithea is a scary Lysithea.

Lysithea crossed her arms and hmph’d. She looked at Sylvain skeptically.

“Lysithea, do you have any proof of this accusation?” Byleth said.

Lysithea put her hands on her hips. “Yes I do.”

There was an anticipatory pause as everyone looked at Lysithea. She removed her hands from her hips.

“Well I don’t have it with me.” Lysithea said. “But I have it!”

“But I really didn’t do it!” Sylvain protested. He looked at Byleth with pleading eyes. “You’ve got to believe me, Professor!”

“I… don’t really know how to proceed here.” Byleth said.

“Well we need some way to settle this!” Lysithea shouted.

“I have an idea.” Said a voice, causing everyone to jump. They turned around to see who had spoken and found…

“Linhardt!” Byleth shouted in surprise. “What are you doing here? How did you get here?”

“I fell asleep and nobody woke me up.” Linhardt explained.

“Wait.” Byleth said. “My most recent class was the Blue Lions. If you fell asleep in here that means… you’ve been here since yesterday?”

“Hmm…” Linhardt said sleepily. “I suppose I have.”

Lysithea cleared her throat. “You said you had an idea on how to settle this?”

“Oh, right.” Linhardt said. “You see, a couple days ago, while I was looking for Crestology books I came across an old journal by a student with the initials P.W. I have no idea how it got there but it tells the story of a student who was accused of stealing another student’s money. The student who was accused insisted he didn’t do it so they held a trial. In the end, the student was proven innocent.”

“So you’re saying that we should hold a trial?” Byleth said.

“Yes.” Linhard replied.

“That could work.” Byleth said, resting her right elbow on her left arm and placing her palm on her left cheek. Then she took her hand off her chin and snapped her fingers. “Alright, lets do it. I’ll set everything up. Ingrid, you’re Sylvain’s defense attorney.”

“What?” Ingrid shouted. “Why me?”

Byleth didn’t answer her question, instead just smiling slyly at her. “You have until the end of the day to prepare your case and gather the evidence you need.”

“But…” Ingrid began.

Byleth cut her off. “You’ll get extra credit if you do it.”

“That is in no way motivating.” Ingrid replied.

“What if Sylvain swore to stay out of trouble for at least a little while?” Byleth asked, grabbing Sylvain

“Yeah.” Sylvain said. “I promise I’ll stay out of trouble! Just please save me!”

There was a brief pause where Ingrid had an internal debate with herself involving much swearing. She gripped her head and let out an agonized growl. “Ugh! Fine! I’ll do it! How do I keep getting dragged into these things!”

“Well, if things are all settled I’m going to go back to sleep.” Linhardt said.

He started to leave but Ingrid grabbed him by the ear. “Oh no you don’t! This was your idea so you’re going to help me!”

KhJhgTXRJvPL9hQYqFZYD01H9Dq58Fp1kw575B22Nc3YKIG7YU2TEyc2Fw3hLosZxpeOgxmmN-6SAjCSo7ARuXVG9IO759ro6YKox5S6MEJ5pOBaz_PkjJHo869rhyclM0xwoPSu
KhJhgTXRJvPL9hQYqFZYD01H9Dq58Fp1kw575B22Nc3YKIG7YU2TEyc2Fw3hLosZxpeOgxmmN-6SAjCSo7ARuXVG9IO759ro6YKox5S6MEJ5pOBaz_PkjJHo869rhyclM0xwoPSu

It wasn’t hard to find out the scene of the crime. Despite the fact that they were technically enemies, Lysithea was perfectly willing to give Ingrid and Linhardt the location of the crime: the library. How she had gotten food into the library without being reprimanded was anyone’s guess.

“Alright, we’re here.” Ingrid said, once they arrived at the library. “What now?”

“I believe we search for any clues Lysithea might have missed.” Linhardt explained.

“But we don’t even know the clues she found.” Ingrid pointed out.

“True.” Linhardt said. “But we’ll just have to work with what we do know and get this over with quickly so I can go back to napping. Let’s start over there.” He pointed at a plate sitting on a table, presumably the crime scene.

The crime scene was perfectly preserved, more or less. Apparently, nobody had thought to clean it up. Ingrid examined it closely. The plate the cake had sat on was still there with Lysithea’s name written on a label that had been stuck on the edge of the plate facing the table. There were a few crumbs left over from the cake.

[Plate added to the Court Record]

[The plate Lysithea’s cake was on. There are a few crumbs left on it. The name label is facing the inside of the table.]

Something lying next to the plate caught Ingrid’s eye. Something long, thin, and green. She leaned closer and picked it up, revealing it to be a strand of green hair. She looked at her companion.

“Linhardt, did you..?”

Linhardt shook his head. “No, I didn’t.” He took the hair from her hand. “Look closely at the hair, it’s a lighter shade of green than mine.”

He was right. The hair was a lighter shade of green than his. But then who’s hair was it? There were only four other people in Garreg Mach who had green hair: Seteth, Flayn, Ignatz, and Lady Rhea. Quite frankly, none of them seemed like likely suspects.

[Green Hair added to the Court Record]

[A strand of green hair found next to the cake plate. It’s a lighter shade of green than Linhardt’s.]

“Is there a way to tell who’s hair it is?” Ingrid asked.

“Professor Hanneman has a device in his room that can recognize someone’s crest based on hair samples.” Linhardt said. “But it would require more than one strand of hair to work properly, not to mention there’s no guarantee that our culprit has a crest.”

“Of course.” Ingrid said, deadpan. She stood up straight. “Alright, what’s next.”

“Well, normally we’d talk to any potential witnesses-” Linhardt began.

“But there aren’t any.” Ingrid completed.

“That about sums it up.” Linhardt agreed.

Ingrid sighed. “Well, I suppose the very least we can do is talk to Sylvain.”

Sylvain was confined to his room for the time being until the trial. He wasn’t being guarded so he could leave any time he wanted but he stayed in there, probably out of fear of Lysithea. As if further proof were needed, Sylvain had constructed some sort of insane pillow fort that he was hiding in. Where did he even get all those pillows?

“Ingrid, hi!” Sylvain said. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to ask you a few questions.” Ingrid said.

Sylvain’s shoulders slumped. “Aw man. Don’t tell me you think I did it too.”

Ingrid rolled her eyes. “I don’t think you did it. I just need to hear your side of the story.”

“Oh, yeah, I can do that.” Sylvain said. “Ask away.”

“Alright, Sylvain, what were you doing while Lysithea’s cake was stolen?” Ingrid asked.

“I was in class.” Sylvain said.

Ingrid nodded. “Makes sense.”

“Hold on.” Lindhardt interrupted, putting his hand on Ingrid’s shoulder. She shrugged his hand off irritably “How does he know where he was, none of us know the exact time when the cake was stolen.”

“It’s easy.” Sylvain said. “You’re not the only ones who can use deductive reasoning. She didn’t accuse me that much after class ended so it had to have happened during class.”

[Sylvain’s Whereabouts added to the Court Record]

[According to Sylvain, he was in class when the theft happened. This was figured out using “deductive reasoning.”]

“Do you have any motive to steal Lysithea’s cake?” Ingrid asked.

“No.” Sylvain said quickly. “At least, I don’t think so. I guess I was a little hungry during class... but that doesn’t mean I’d steal her cake and like I said I wasn’t there.”

“Alright.” Ingrid said. “That’s probably all I really needed to know for now. Guess I’d better go and prepare for the trial.”

“Great.” Linhardt said. “That means I can go back to taking a nap.”

“Not happening.” Ingrid said, grabbing Linhardt by the ear again. “This was your idea so you’re seeing it through to the end.”

Linhardt sighed which Ingrid felt was totally unjustified. This was all his fault, after all. If he didn’t want to be involved he shouldn’t have suggested it.

COURT RECORD
Attorney’s Badge:
A piece of painted cardboard that the Professor gave me. Yeah, I don’t get it either.
Plate: The plate Lysithea’s cake was on. There are a few crumbs left on it. The name label is facing the inside of the table.
Green Hair: A strand of green hair found next to the cake plate. It’s a lighter shade of green than Linhardt’s.
Sylvain’s Whereabouts: According to Sylvain, he was in class when the theft happened. This was figured out using “deductive reasoning.”

The Courtroom was just a classroom with all the desks rearranged. Two desks were moved so as to serve as the Defense and Prosecution benches while another was moved to the center of the room to serve as the witness stand. Next to the defense bench was a chair for the defendant to sit. The Judge’s bench where Byleth sat was actually just the teacher’s desk. All the other desks had been pushed to the side and served as places for the jury (or, more accurately since this is going by Ace Attorney rules, the audience) to sit.

In her head, Byleth heard Sothis yawn.

(Good morning, Sunshine.) She said.

“Don’t call me that.” Sothis grumbled.

(Stop insulting me, then.) Byleth replied.

“Not happening.” Sothis said.

(Then deal with it.) Byleth said.

If Byleth could see her she could imagine that Sothis was rolling her eyes. “Fine. What’s going on, anyway?”

(Oh, someone stole Lysithea’s cake and she thinks Sylvain did it so we’re holding a trial to see if she’s right.) Byleth explained.

“A trial?” Sothis asked. “Isn’t that a bit out of genre for us?”

Byleth shrugged which probably looked weird to people who didn’t know she was having a conversation. (Maybe. I just like to go with the flow.)

“Seems counterintuitive.” Sothis said.

(You have a point.) Byleth said. (But I doubt this will be related to fixing everything.)

“Fair enough.” Sothis said, probably shrugging.

Byleth picked up her borrowed gavel. For some reason, Manuela had one. She had no idea why and she wasn’t sure she wanted to know. She banged the gavel on her desk.

“Court is now in session for the trial of Sylvain Jose Gautier. Is the defense ready?”

“The… uh… defense is ready, Professor.” Ingrid answered.

“Your honor.” Byleth said.

Ingrid raised one eyebrow. “What?”

“I’m the judge so until the trial’s over you have to call me Your Honor.” Byleth explained.

Ingrid rolled her eyes and sighed. “The defense is ready, Your Honor.”

Byleth smiled. “Better. Is the prosecution ready?”

“The prosecution is ready, Your Honor!” Announced the prosecution, one Ferdinand von Aegir. “Know that I, Ferdinand von Aegir, prosecuting ace, shall win this trial in no more than 3 minutes!

“Okay, then.” Byleth said, rolling her eyes. There was going to be a lot of eye rolling today. “Will the prosecution please give their opening statement.”

“Yes, Your Honor.” Ferdinand said. “Today Sylvain Jose Gautier stole Lysithea von Ordelia’s cake. The prosecution will now call its first witness to the stand, the victim herself, Lysithea von Ordelia.”

Lysithea stepped out from the crowd of watching students who apparently had nothing better to do (or had a grudge against Sylvain and wanted to watch him squirm) and walked up to the witness stand.

“Witness, please state your name and occupation.” Ferdinand ordered.

“Do we really need to do this?” Lysithea asked Ferdinand, sounding bored. “Everyone already knows who I am and what I do.”

Ferdinand slammed his desk. “If I am to win this trial we will have to do it by the book, with all the formalities that requires!”

Lysithea groaned. “Fine. My name is Lysithea von Ordelia. I’m a student here at Garreg Mach Officer’s Academy.”

Ferdinand crossed his arms. “Thank you. Now, Miss von Ordelia, please testify as to the events of the theft.”

“Seems unnecessary but fine.” Lysithea said.

WITNESS TESTIMONY
(Cross Examination ~ Moderato 2001)
--The Theft--

1. I remember it relatively clearly.​
  2. I was in the library doing some independent study for Professor Hanneman’s class.​
  3. I had left my seat to collect a few books and when I returned, the cake I had brought was gone.​
  4. I know it was Sylvain because I saw him sneaking out the door.​

(Music Stops)​

Ferdinand smiled smugly, clearly certain he was going to win. Ingrid wasn’t so sure.

“I’m not an expert at this but even I know that testimony is a bit shaky.” Ingrid said. “I’m sure that it’ll fall down if I just push the right spot. Right, Linhardt?”

She looked at Linhardt. He seemed to be a bit distracted, staring dreamily towards the witness stand.

"Linhardt!" She shouted.

"Huh." He said, startled out of his daze. "Oh, uh, right. All you need to do is find a contradiction and present evidence to prove it. Also, try shouting Objection.”

“Why?” Ingrid asked.

“I don’t know but that’s what all the law books I’ve read said.” Linhardt replied.

“You’ve read law books?” Ingrid asked.

“Well, one. And I fell asleep halfway through.” Linhardt said.

Ingrid shrugged. “Fair enough. I guess it can’t hurt to try.”

“The defense may now cross examine the witness.” Byleth said, banging her gavel.

CROSS-EXAMINATION
(Cross Examination ~ Moderato 2001)
--The Theft--
  1. I remember it relatively clearly.
  2. I was in the library doing some independent study for Professor Hanneman’s class.
  3. I had left my seat to search for a few books and when I returned, the cake I had brought with me was gone.
  4. I know it was Sylvain because I saw him sneaking out the door.

Fy8tad1yCb4blMt8_lmfqhvyCStQ-rJ49QV78pJtSR7f0PhRW_WN0Vcj1vM7s0foH3ihpCRbaYnfpPUIpKGD8nKay576_6kojYRr2xSzKuD68lL41g23VU3l_6Yz6-7AjSNAcvVO

Ingrid immediately shouted out the word, just as Linhardt had suggested. She even punctuated it with a desk slam.

“This testimony is wrong!”

“Really?” Ferdinand asked, crossing his arms. “How so? It seems perfectly fine to me.”

“You would think that!” Ingrid shouted. “But there’s actually a problem with this testimony! You see, at the time that Ms. von Ordelia was in the library, the defendant was still in class!” She punctuated this by pointing dramatically.

“Whaaaaaat!” Ferdinand shouted, looking like he was physically hurt by Ingrid’s statement.

Ingrid smiled. She had to admit this was kind of exhilarating. It felt good to point out contradictions. Unfortunately it did not last. The smile slid off her face when Byleth spoke up.

(Music Stops)

“I know this is kind of a break in protocol.” She said. “But Sylvain wasn’t in class the whole time. Remember, I asked him to return a book to the library?”

Suddenly, Ingrid understood why Ferdinand had reeled back in pain. Some sort of magical effect seemed to be active that caused detrimental statements to physically hurt. It was all she could do to keep from falling down.

Dammit, I do remember that. She thought.

“Oh yes, that reminds me.” Ferdinand said. “I have the book that Sylvain was supposed to return right here.” He pulled the book out from under his desk. There was a chocolatey handprint on it, something half the classroom/courtroom found absolutely disgusting. “It was found next to the plate. I forgot all about it.”

[Book added to the Court Record]

[A book that Sylvain was meant to return to the library. It has a chocolatey hand print on it.]

Ingrid nearly did a face fault. “Wh-what… how do you forget about evidence! Especially damning evidence like that!” She pointed violently at Lysithea. “And why didn’t you mention it!”

“I had about six books next to the plate at the time, why would I notice one extra?” Lysithea asked.

“Okay, that makes sense.” Ingrid admitted.

“I don’t get it.” Sylvain said. “I put that book away. I know I did.”

“Then how did it end up on the table?” Ingrid asked. “Wait… unless…”

“The defense seems awfully contemplative.” Byleth said. “Do you have something to share?”

(Music Stops)​

Ingrid slammed her hand on the desk. “I do, your honor!”

“Let’s hear it.” Byleth said.

Ingrid slammed her desk again and then pointed. “The defense has a proposal: What if there was someone else in the library at the time!”

Ferdinand scoffed. “Ha. What a ridiculous notion. Miss von Ordelia would have seen anyone else in there.”

“Are you so sure about that?” Ingrid asked. “She did say she had to collect multiple books. It’s possible that during the time she collected books, someone else was in the library with her and she didn’t notice!”

Ferdinand crossed his arms. “This is all baseless conjecture.”

Ingrid smirked. “Not quite! Because I have evidence!”

LXMrCOQ26sKw-Id3AjLVZzk7DJVyN0-TY6YmeElkUh2OjJtv8u-qTfbZHLoSv01wOgQFXL-cAWQ0cZHmj3_WecYqWd1xDV7VoHHcBWRtQJ6DmA4L0Wh-h82D-MrxEU-cTDg2wCXn

Ingrid had no idea where that “Take that” had come from, but it just felt right. She held up the strand of hair she and Linhardt had found next to the plate. “This strand of hair was found in the library next to Lysithea’s cake plate! This is clear evidence that someone else was in the library at the time!” Ingrid slammed her desk. “After all, Sylvain’s hair is red and this strand is green!”

Ferdinand reeled back from the pain of the statement. “Whaaaaaaaaaaat! But that’s not possible!”

Ingrid grinned. “It is possible! If someone else was in the room that gives us another suspect!”

“Oh, by the way.” Linhardt chimed in. “Three minutes passed about 10 seconds ago. Just thought you should know.”

“Arrrghhh!” Ferdinand shouted, slamming his head down onto his desk. “No!”

Byleth slammed her gavel against her desk, probably just for the fun of it. “Order! Order! But who could the hair belong to?”

“Good question!” Ingrid said, raising a finger. Then her finger fell and she slumped over. “I don’t know.”
(Music stops)

“You don’t know?” Byleth asked.

“Ha.” Ferdinand laughed. “Of course she doesn’t. The owner of that hair could be anybody. And thus, lacking in any other suspects, Sylvain is the only logical culprit.”

Fy8tad1yCb4blMt8_lmfqhvyCStQ-rJ49QV78pJtSR7f0PhRW_WN0Vcj1vM7s0foH3ihpCRbaYnfpPUIpKGD8nKay576_6kojYRr2xSzKuD68lL41g23VU3l_6Yz6-7AjSNAcvVO

Ingrid slammed her desk. “So what if I don’t know who the hair belongs to, the point is there was someone else there which means that someone other than Sylvain could have done the deed!”

Ferdinand chuckled. “Ah, but you forget, the book that Sylvain was returning was found next to the empty plate!”

Ingrid slammed her fist onto her desk. Later on she would consider this among her lowest moments. Not because she was losing but because she was getting way too into this. Quite frankly, it was embarrassing.

“Dammit.” She said. She looked at Linhardt. “Anything.”

Linhardt shrugged. Ingrid sighed in annoyance. This was it. Sylvain would be subjected to whatever punishment cake thieves are subjected to.

Everyone gasped in shock as they turned to see who had objected. It was Sylvain of all people. He was standing with his finger extended.

“I know who the hair belongs to!” He shouted.

“Wh-whaaaaaaaaaaat!” Ingrid and Ferdinand shouted at the same time.

Ingrid slammed her desk with her palms. “Who! Who is it!”

“Yes, who!” Byleth asked.

“The person the hair belongs to is…” Sylvain said, pausing dramatically. “Flayn!”

“Whaaaaaat!” The entire courtroom exclaimed.

“I just remembered.” Sylvain said. “When I went to the library, I ran into Flayn. She was interested in the book I was returning so I gave it to her?”

Ingrid slammed her desk. “Why didn’t you tell me this before!”

Sylvain rubbed the back of his head. “I try to block out conversations with Flayn. It keeps me safe whenever I run into Seteth.”

Ferdinand slammed his desk. “How can we believe what the defendant says! He could be lying to escape punishment!”

Ingrid also slammed her desk. “No he’s not! Besides, we have irrefutable evidence that Flayn was in the library!”
LXMrCOQ26sKw-Id3AjLVZzk7DJVyN0-TY6YmeElkUh2OjJtv8u-qTfbZHLoSv01wOgQFXL-cAWQ0cZHmj3_WecYqWd1xDV7VoHHcBWRtQJ6DmA4L0Wh-h82D-MrxEU-cTDg2wCXn

Ingrid held up the strand of hair again. “This hair is the same color as Flayn’s!”

“Are you sure!” Ferdinand shouted, pointing at Ingrid. “That hair could be from anyone!”

“Flayn’s hair is a very unique shade of green!” Ingrid shouted. “I doubt there’s anybody in the monastery with the same color hair!”

“Ack!” Ferdinand shouted, reeling back. He clutched his desk, trying not to fall over. “Well, maybe the hair ended up there some other time!” He righted himself and pointed. “Can you prove the hair was left there at the time of the crime!”

“Well, no.” Ingrid admitted. “But that’s not the only thing that proves Flayn was there!”

“Ferdinand, show us that book again!”

Ferdinand held up the book for all to see.

“You see that handprint on it?” Ingrid asked. “Who does it belong to?”

“Sylvain, obviously.” Ferdinand said. “He brought the book back.”

“That’s what you think.” Ingrid said. “But have you actually compared the handprint on the book to Sylvain’s actual hand!”

Ferdinand reeled back from the pain of the question. “Gah!”

“Sloppy.” Linhardt said, crossing his arms. “But expected. Leave it to Ferdinand to forget to do simple things.”

“Let’s fix that.” Ingrid said, holding out her hand despite the fact that Ferdinand was on the other side of the room. “Ferdinand, the book please.”

(Music Stops)​

Ferdinand walked over and handed Ingrid the book. Ingrid took the book and held it up for Sylvain to place his hand over (without touching it so as not to disturb the handprint). He didn’t even have to put his hand remotely close for everyone to figure out that his hand was too big to have left this handprint.

“And there you have it, everyone.” Ingrid said. “This handprint is too small to have been made by Sylvain.”

“But what does this have to do with Flayn?” Ferdinand asked. Not even a second later, he reeled back. “Wait, you don’t really think…”

Ingrid smiled. “I do.”

She brought out a piece of paper and tapped it just for dramatic effect. “The defence believes that his handprint belongs to Flayn!” She then placed the paper down, extended her arm, and pointed. “Not only that, but we would also like to indict Flayn for the theft of Lysithea’s cake!”

There were dramatic reaction shots from every relevant character in the courtroom, except for Linhardt who had fallen asleep. Ferdinand in particular was blown backwards, hitting the wall behind him.

“Whaaaaaaaaaaat!” He shouted.

“The defense would like to call Flayn to the stand!” Ingrid shouted.

“Wh-wh-whaaaaaaaaaaat!” Ferdinand shouted like a broken record.

Ingrid crossed her arms and grinned. “You heard me right. Let’s get Flayn down here right now.” She pointed dramatically again. “Then we’ll see who really committed the crime!”

(Music Stops)​

Byleth slammed her gavel. “The court will grant the defense's request. We will take a short recess, whatever that means, while someone else tracks down Flayn.”

The short recess was pretty boring, so we’re just going to skip over it. Needless to say, Ignatz, who was there to watch the trial and maybe do a few sketches, managed to track down Flayn by the fishing pond and convince her to come to the trial. It wasn’t hard, all he had to do was ask nicely, something he was very good at. Of course, he also tacked a good amount of sorrys onto his request but it’s Ignatz, what do you expect.

“Ms. Flayn.” Ingrid said once Flayn took the stand. “Do you know why you’re here?”

“Um… no.” Flayn said. “I was actually just about to ask why I’m here.”

Ingrid sighed. It looked like Ignatz hadn’t filled her in. “You are here because you have been accused of stealing Lysithea’s cake.”

“Really?” Flayn asked. “But I don’t remember stealing Lysithea’s cake.”

“Maybe this will jog your memory.” Ingrid said.

She took out the book and showed it to Flayn. “This book was found next to the plate Lysithea’s plate was found on. Sylvain said that he lent this book to you.”

Flayn put her hand to her mouth. “Oh, I was wondering where I left that book. I guess I forgot about it after eating that cake.”

“So you did eat the cake.” Ingrid said.

“Yes, I did.” Flayn confessed. “I had no idea it was Lysithea’s, though.”

“And there you have it everyone.” Ingrid said, holding out a hand with her palm angled straight up. “The one who stole the cake was Flayn, not Sylvain!”

Ferdinand reeled back in pain. “No! How could I, Ferdinand von Aegir, prosecuting ace, lose!”

“Well, I guess since Ferdinand’s conceded defeat, that’s the end of this trial.” Byleth said. “I now pronounce the defendant, Sylvain Jose Gautier…” Byleth didn’t get to finish that sentence because she was interrupted by a loud and angry...

Everyone looked to see who had objected and gasped. Seteth was standing in the courtroom/classroom doorway with his arm outstretched.

“Seteth?” Byleth asked. “What are you doing here? Don’t you have work or something?”

“I get days off too, Byleth.” Seteth said, strutting into the room. ‘And I am here to discount these false claims! Flayn would never steal anything!”

“But brother, I really did eat the cake.” Flayn said.

“I refuse to believe it!” Seteth said. Ingrid imagined that if he had a desk in front of him he would have slammed it. “I demand that I be allowed to testify!”

“Uh…” Byleth said. “I guess that’s okay.”

“Flayn already confessed to the crime!” Ingrid shouted. “Further testimony is not needed!”

“It is the duty of the court to investigate every piece of evidence and listen to every bit of testimony!” Ferdinand shouted, having recovered from his breakdown. “Only then can we know the full truth!”

“Seteth wasn’t even there at the time of the crime!” Ingrid shouted. “What could he possibly tell us!” She looked at Byleth. “Right, your honor?”

Byleth looked like she was having an argument with herself, cycling through a few different expressions, mostly serious or quizzical. Eventually, she slammed the gavel against the desk even though she probably didn’t need to.

“I’ll allow it.” She said.

Ingrid reeled back. “Whaaaat! But why!”

Byleth shrugged. “You’d call me crazy if I told you.”

Ingrid sighed irritably.

“Seteth, just one more thing before you testify, how did you find out about this?” Byleth asked.

“You’re very loud.” Seteth said. “I’m sure they could hear you on the other side of the Monastery.”

WITNESS TESTIMONY
(Confrontation ~ Presto 2009)
--Flayn Couldn’t have Done it!--

1. How dare you accuse Flayn of committing a crime!​
  2. She would never steal anything!​
  3. Why would she steal a cake, anyway! She has no motive!​
  4. This whole thing is ridiculous!​

(Music Stops)​

“I thank you for defending me, brother.” Flayn said. “But I really did take the cake.”

“No! I refuse to believe it.” Seteth said, his finger pointing straight up.

Flayn covered her face with one hand and groaned.

“The defense may now cross-examine the witness.” Byleth said.

Yeah, “witness.” Ingrid thought.

CROSS-EXAMINATION
(Confrontation ~ Presto 2009)
--Flayn Couldn’t have Done it!--

1. How dare you accuse Flayn of committing a crime!
  2. She would never steal anything!
  3. Why would she steal a cake, anyway! She has no motive!
  4. This whole thing is ridiculous!

ah9aCceWb-whyMpu1A1AnImsl0TjUdU1f9UfaGukPnkPzJxZONH_LnLNNUweTa3i-voFZ3uHAnoJM1P6vuyAUJCLJHRxyzRdA1qFe3td69Cq2tkvT97ZnFkYNPzxZES0aGpNd4NQ

“How can you say Flayn has no motive?” Ingrid asked. “When her motive is obvious, she must have been hungry!”

“I… well… yes, that… makes a lot of sense.” Seteth admitted. He quickly collected himself and pointed. “But why would Flayn take someone else’s cake! She would never do that! Not without asking first!”

Ingrid rubbed her chin. “Good question.” She looked at Byleth. “Your honor, the defence requests that this statement be added to the witness’ testimony.”

“Request granted.” Byleth said, banging her gavel. “Witness, please add your most recent statement to your testimony.”

1. How dare you accuse Flayn of committing a crime!
  2. She would never steal anything!
  3. Why would she take someone else’s cake? She would never do that!
  4. Not without asking first.
  5. This whole thing is ridiculous!

(Music Stops)​

“Why would Flayn take someone’s cake, you ask.” Ingrid asked rhetorically. “I’ll tell you, with evidence!” She took out the plate the cake was on and showed it to the court. “This is the plate the cake was on. As you can see, it is clearly labeled with Lysithea’s name.”

“See.” Seteth said, holding his hands out in a “behold” gesture. “The plate was labeled. Flayn would have known whose cake it was and wouldn’t have taken it.”

“Hold on.” Ingrid said, holding her hand up in a stopping gesture. “Let me finish. When me and Linhardt found this plate, the label was facing towards the inside of the table. I assume Lysithea can corroborate my statement.”

Lysithea nodded. “I’m pretty sure I can.”

“I’m not following. What does this have to do with anything?” Seteth asked.

“I assume the defense is just stalling.” Ferdinand answered.

“I’m not done yet.” Ingrid said. “You see, Flayn is relatively short and, I mean no offence by this, quite absent-minded. It’s easy to imagine that she could have missed the label.”

“This is all baseless speculation!” Seteth shouted.

“That’s my line!” Ferdinand shouted.

“It doesn’t matter whose line it is because I’ve still got evidence to refute it! Two pieces of evidence, in fact!”

Ingrid held up the aforementioned two pieces of evidence, one in each hand. The first was the green hair and the second was the book. “These two pieces of evidence prove that Flayn was the one who stole the cake! The rest of the court knows what I’m talking about. If we compare the color of the hair I’m holding to the color of Flayn’s hair, and they’re the same color, than that places Flayn directly in front of the crime scene!” Seteth and Ferdinand opened their mouths to speak but Ingrid cut them off. “Before you say that’s a coincidence, let me draw your attention to the book! Notice the handprint on it? Just before we called Flayn down here, we compared Sylvain’s hand to this handprint and discovered that his hands are too big to have made this print! I think you see where I’m going with this. If we compare Flayn’s hand to the handprint and they match up, then that gives us two pieces of evidence that link Flayn to the crime scene! So what do you say? Why don’t we compare these two pieces of evidence to Flayn, right here, right now!”

Seteth reeled back. “What! No!”

“Yes!” Ingrid said, smirking. “Your honor, may I?”

“I see no reason why not.” Byleth said. “Is that okay with you, Flayn?”

“I’m not sure I understand.” Flayn said. “But if it will convince my brother that I’m telling the truth, I’m okay with it.”

(Music stops)​

The first comparison they made was the hair. Ingrid held up the hair close to Flayn’s own which revealed that the color did, indeed, match. Next they had Flayn hold her hand up to the cake handprint on the book. It matched too.

“And there you have it.” Ingrid said. “The hair is the same color as Flayn’s and the handprint on the book matches up with Flayn’s hand. This can only lead us to one conclusion:” She slammed her desk and pointed dramatically. “Flayn stole and ate the cake!”

Seteth clutched his heart like he was having a heart attack. “Nooo! It can’t be possible! Flayn would never do such a thing!”

Flayn rolled her eyes. “I already said I did it. Stop being so dramatic, brother.”

Ferdinand also had a breakdown. He was blown back against the wall, completely messing up his neatly combed hair. “Noooooooooooooo! This is not possible! I, Ferdinand von Aegir, was defeated even after my second wind!” He then collapsed to the ground. Nobody bothered to respond to this.

“Well, I guess the trial really is over now.” Byleth said. “Unless anyone has any other objections.” Nobody had any other objections. “Alright. I now pronounce the defendant, Sylvain Jose Gautier…”

NOT GUILTY

Byleth slammed her gavel. “Court is adjourned.”

Once everybody cleared out of the courtroom, everyone involved in the trial helped clean up and move the desks and chairs back to their proper places. Even Linhardt, after someone woke him up and forced him to help. In the middle of this, Sylvain tried to give Ingrid a hug.

“You saved me!” He shouted. “I thought I was doomed for sure!”

Ingrid held out an arm to prevent Sylvain from hugging her. “One foot radius please. And stop being so dramatic, it’s not like you were about to die.”

“Yes I was!” Sylvain insisted. He glanced at Lysithea. “That girl is a ticking time bomb.”

“What did you say about me!” Lysithea called over.

“Nothing.” Sylvain said.

“Good.” Lysithea replied, returning to helping out with the cleaning.

Sylvain lowered his voice. “See.”

Ingrid rolled her eyes. “I’m pretty sure she just doesn’t like you because you’re you.”

Sylvain just slumped in response to that. As if the universe couldn’t bear to just leave her in silence, an annoying voice spoke up from behind Ingrid.

“Ah, Ingrid, Sylvain.”

Ingrid turned around to look at who was behind her. As expected, it was Ferdinand.

“What do you want?” She said irritably.

“I just want to make sure that there are no hard feelings regarding the trial.” Ferdinand replied.

Ingrid raised an eyebrow. “Why would there be hard feelings?”

“Well, I said some very… rude and un-noble things.” Ferdinand said.

Ingrid shrugged. “Eh, whatever. Doesn’t matter to me. There are things that really rile me up but none of the things you said are anywhere close to them.”

“Still, I humbly apologize for what I said.” Ferdinand said, bowing. Ingrid rolled her eyes at this.

“Hey, you three!” Byleth called over. “Quit standing around talking and help us out!”

“It looks like I have to go help out over there.” Ingrid said, pointing over to where Byleth was. “Goodbye.” She gave a wave and slipped away to where she had pointed.

Author’s Note: Poor Ingrid. First Byleth convinces her to bet on Felix and Sylvain’s love life, now this.

So what’d ya think? Pretty cool, huh? Like I said, it’s coolest on the ZU or Bulbagarden versions.

No, Byleth did not set a magic field in place to cause detrimental statements to hurt, she’d be fired for that. The magic field just automatically shows up when an Ace Attorney style case is acted out. It’s an odd phenomenon and nobody knows why it happens.

Something I think would be real cool is if this was made into an actual Ace Attorney case (slightly easier than it might normally be since case maker is a thing) but that would take way more effort than I’m willing to put in (a web video done in the style of the Ace Attorney games like Turnabout Storm would be cool too but an actual playable case would be cooler).

I mean, in order to make the case you’d need to:

• Make custom sprites for the following characters: Ingrid (only for courtroom mode), Sylvain, Byleth (both in investigation mode and as a judge), Linhardt (both in investigation mode and as a co-council), Ferdinand (both in courtroom mode and in investigation mode for the final scene), Lysithea, Flayn, Seteth, and maybe Ignatz.
  • Make custom backgrounds for the following locations: Byleth’s Classroom, The Library, Sylvain’s Room, and Byleth’s Classroom turned into a Courtroom.
  • Add in extra dialogue that isn’t in this support for pressing statements, investigating locations, and talking to people.
  • Record custom objection voice clips for at the very least Ingrid and Ferdinand if not for other characters who also object in this case (and if you’re making a web video, that also includes getting voice actors for every line in the case) (speaking of, why doesn’t Maya have her own objection, she should have her own objection).
  • Be okay with me thinking you’re one of the coolest people in the world.

If you wanted to go the extra mile you could even make Fire Emblem style remixes of all the Ace Attorney music used here* (the only two tracks not from Ace Attorney are Life at Garreg Mach Monastery and Funny Footsteps, which are instead from Fire Emblem: Three Houses) but that’s not really necessary.

Anyway, if anybody wants to they have my full permission to turn this support into an actual fan case or web video, so long as they credit me for at the very least basing the case on my writing. I don’t really expect anyone to actually do this because that’s a lot of work for a side story to a fanfiction (and not even a big and well known fanfiction) but I think it would be really cool if it did happen. So, yeah.

*The music is only viewable on the ZU and Bulbagarden versions. Blame FF.Net.

Last edited:
Author’s Note: Behold: The support I was supposed to post before the last one but didn't by accident!

I really like this support. It’s kind of silly but also kind of sweet. Plus, I mean, the students of Garreg Mach putting on a school play? How crazy is that?

Without further ado, enjoy the story.

Of the things Byleth expected to see when entering the Academy Courtyard, an under construction stage was not one of them. It was a weekend so for once in her life Byleth got to sleep in. Lacking in anything else to do, Byleth decided to just take a walk, maybe find someone to bother as she had made a habit of doing lately.

So she eventually wandered into the courtyard and was surprised to see, as mentioned before, an under construction stage. Working on and around said stage was Raphael, Ignatz, Dorothea, Sylvain, Ashe, Dimitri, Dedue, and Manuela. Byleth decided to approach Manuela, who was sitting at a table with Ashe, Sylvain, Ignatz, and Dorothea, poring over some papers.

“Oh, Byleth, hello.” Manuela said upon seeing Byleth approach.

“Hey.” Byleth said with a wave. “What’s all this?”

“We’re putting on a play.” Manuela explained.

“Really?” Byleth said. “What play?”

“It’s an adaption of Loog and the Maiden of Wind.” Ashe chimed in excitedly. “I wrote it myself, with Dorothea’s help.”

Byleth couldn’t help but smile at that. Of course they were adapting Ashe’s favorite book. Plus his enthusiasm was adorable.

“I tried to get Bernadetta to help, but she just freaked out and hid in her room.” Sylvain said, to the surprise of no one. “It’s a real shame, too. She’s quite talented.”

“Well, it’s too late now.” Dorothea said. “The script is already written. We can find a way to get Bern out of her cave another day.”

“So what are you doing Ignatz?” Byleth asked. Through the whole conversation, Ignatz had been scrunching up his body, trying to make himself less noticeable.

“Oh… uh… me?” Ignatz asked. “I’m… uh…”

“He’s going to be painting the backgrounds.” Dorothea said, putting an arm around Ignatz.

“Yeah.” Ignatz said. “I don’t think they’ll be any good, though.”

“Nonsense.” Manuela said. “I’ve seen your work, it’s marvelous.”

Ignatz chuckled embarrassedly and blushed. “You really think so?”

Manuela nodded. “Absolutely.”

“What about everyone else?” Byleth asked, nodding towards the stage.

“Dedue. Dimitri, and Raphael are helping to build the stage.” Dorothea explained. “Dimitri’s also going to be acting in the play. He’s playing Loog.”

“That makes sense.” Byleth said. “Are you in the play too, Sylvain.”

“Um…” Sylvain said.

“Tell her who you're playing, Sylvain.” Dorothea said.

Byleth held up her hand. “No, don’t tell me. I wanna guess. Let’s see… if Dimitri is playing Loog… you must be playing his squire.”

“No… that’s Ashe.” Sylvain said, looking down.

“Then who are you playing?” Byleth asked.

“I’m playing… the… uh… the…” Sylvain said, his voice gradually growing quieter. He was blushing profusely. “I’m playing the Maiden of Wind…”

“Aww…” Byleth said, clasping her hands together and suppressing laughter. “Why are you so embarrassed? I bet you’ll make a cute girl.” She turned to look at Dorothea. “How’d he get stuck with that role, anyway?”

“It’s a great story.” Dorothea said. “You see, he wanted to be in the play because “ladies dig an actor” but we already cast Dimitri as Loog and Ashe as his squire. But he really wanted to be in the play and was really enthusiastic about it so I graciously relinquished my role to him.”

“I was hoping you’d make up a role!” Sylvain protested. “I didn’t expect you’d put me in a dress!”

Ashe rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. “Sorry, Sylvain. The script’s already written so we can’t add in any new characters.”

“What about you, Dorothea.” Byleth said. “So you’re out of the play now?”

Dorothea shook her head. “Oh no, not at all. I’m just playing the narrator now. I even get to sing some.”

“Wait, that was an option!” Sylvain shouted.

The entire table broke into laughter. Sylvain’s face turned bright red due to simultaneous anger and embarrassment.

“You just want to see me dress like a girl!” He shouted.

“Maybe.” Dorothea teased.

Byleth placed her hand down on the table. “Hey, if there’s singing involved maybe you should get Annette to help out. She’s really good.”

“That’s a wonderful idea.” Manuela said.

“Great, maybe she can play the Maiden of Wind instead of me.” Sylvain said.

“Possibly.” Dorothea replied. “But only if she wants to. If she doesn’t, you're stuck with the role.”

Sylvain slumped over and groaned. Byleth had a nice chuckle at this. She had a feeling she really shouldn’t be endorsing making fun of him but if Manuela was fine with it, she was too.

XNEDhUvQ-nUifq3ceTLILXdmbYki_rDEKAfdFWKQyz3JoreZkJaIZ977CMSdqtaGdo48P1Z-HqiHeogVRn0Hcl0Z14PXj3PUC2LQ7drAg4SiiLxEu_jEz-h8dHaBtST_jOWkfjLs
XNEDhUvQ-nUifq3ceTLILXdmbYki_rDEKAfdFWKQyz3JoreZkJaIZ977CMSdqtaGdo48P1Z-HqiHeogVRn0Hcl0Z14PXj3PUC2LQ7drAg4SiiLxEu_jEz-h8dHaBtST_jOWkfjLs

The play wound up being a resounding success. The turnout was huge (though they didn’t make any actual money, since anybody could show up), including a few nobles who had time to get away from their duties. Lucky for Sylvain, none of his family showed up, though some might consider it a shame. Byleth was right, he made a cute girl.

It turned out that Dimitri had a surprising talent for acting. Dimitri’s natural heroicness and charisma probably played a part in it but where he really shined was the scene at the end of the first act where Loog swore revenge for the death of his best friend and squire (Ashe), something that those who really knew him thought probably hit a little too close to home.

Dorothea and Annette knocked em dead like one would expect. Despite their two disparate singing styles they managed to craft an amazing song. Manuela joined in during the third act and proved that she’s still got it.

We won’t be going into too much detail about the play because otherwise this would end up being longer than most main story chapters so here’s the summary: Loog is a heroic king who is beloved by his people. He goes around fighting monsters and saving people from bandits. One day, Loog is defending a town from a group of bandits and is winning effortlessly. That is, until the bandit group’s leader, a powerful mage (played by Claude because Hubert turned down the role), shows up and ravages the town, killing Loog’s best friend and squire in the process. Loog swears vengeance on the mage and the First Act ends.

After a musical performance by Dorothea and Annette, Act Two opens with Loog having finally tracked down the evil wizard and leading a bloody campaign against him. Both sides suffer tremendous losses but Loog was so consumed by vengeance he didn’t even care.

Eventually, his armies fall and the evil wizard takes over the Kingdom. Loog barely escapes with his life and begins wandering the land, brutally slaughtering any soldiers of the evil wizard he comes across.

One day, in his travels, he stumbles upon a beautiful lady being accosted by a terrible monster, the titular Maiden of Wind (Sylvain really did make a convincing girl). On instinct, Loog rescues her from the monster. When she’s finally out of danger the Maiden of Wind explains that she had actually been sent to find Loog so that he could help fight the evil wizard and save the Kingdom. Loog refuses, telling the Maiden that he’s nothing more than a murderous monster who can’t save anyone. The Maiden tells him he’s wrong because he just saved her from the monster that was attacking her.

It takes a little bit, but the Maiden manages to help him get his heroic spirit back and the Second Act ends with him preparing to fight the evil wizard. Dorothea and Annette sing another number and Act Three opens with Loog ready to fight the evil wizard with the Maiden of Wind at his side. There’s a big fight with flashy special effects and in the end Loog wins and reclaims the Kingdom. Dorothea, Manuela, and Annette sing the final song and the play ends.

Everyone loved the play. It was amazing just how much love and effort was put into it, and just how accurate to the original book it was. Only one person in the audience wasn’t left stunned and amazed: Byleth. Instead of amazement she was left with a feeling of melancholy. The play was just too similar to what happened to (and could still happen to) Dimitri in the original timeline. And the fact that Dimitri himself was playing Loog only worsened this feeling.

Author’s Note: Why is Sylvain playing a girl? Because it’s hilarious, that’s why.

Sorry that this kind of ends on a bittersweet note. I swear this wasn’t planned. I only noticed the similarities to Dimitri’s character arc while I was writing it. Maybe my subconscious was trying to tell me something.

Author’s Note: Hello there. Welcome back.

I preemptively apologize for any and all stereotypes that may or may not be purported in this support.

Flayn couldn’t whistle. That was a fact of life. It was also a fact that Flayn was completely unaware of her inability to whistle. As such, she walked down the street attempting to whistle Hope as a Melody (which in and of itself isn’t really a song for whistling), ignorant of how bad she sounded.

It was rather abnormal for Flayn to be walking the streets alone. Seteth would certainly never let her. That’s why she was doing this in secret. Even so, she wasn’t alone. Some mysterious figure seemed to be shadowing her, though Flayn was unaware of it.

Or perhaps it was two mysterious figures. As Flayn walked, two muggers stepped out of an alley and blocked her path. You might think the muggers were idiots for trying to rob someone in broad daylight. You’d be right. But for some reason, the street was conveniently deserted.

“Well lookie what we have here.” One of the muggers said in an inexplicable, very thick Italian-American accent.

“A little girl walking all alone.” The other said, also with an inexplicable and thick Italian-American accent. “I bet she’s lost. You think we should help her out?”

“I think we should.” The first mugger said. “It’ll cost her, though.”

“Um…” Flayn said, clearly not grasping the situation. Blame her sheltered upbringing. “I’m sorry sirs, but I’m not lost and I don’t have any money.”

“Oh.” The first mugger said. “In that case… I guess… have a nice day and forget you saw us.”

“Hold on a second.” The second mugger said, putting an arm out to stop his fellow mugger from leaving. “I recognize this girl. Isn’t she the sister of that guy?”

“Yeah, that guy.” The first mugger said like he knew what his friend was talking about. “I definitely know what guy you’re talking about, but, just to refresh my memory, tell me about that guy.”

“You know, that guy.” The second mugger explained. “The one who’s always hanging around the Archbishop.”

“Ooh.” The first mugger said in comprehension. “That guy.”

“Yeah.” The second mugger said. “I bet if we kidnap her, we’ll get a ton of ransom money.”

It was then that Flayn finally comprehended the situation. “Ah, if you’ll excuse me sirs, I have to go home now.” She said, slowly backing away.

“Sorry, missy, you’re coming with us.” Said the first mugger.

Flayn turned to run but was grabbed before she could make her escape. She screamed for help, but there was nobody around. Or was there. As it turns out, the mysterious figure shadowing Flayn wasn’t these two incompetent thieves… it was Jeritza.

Jeritza descended onto the scene from the nearest rooftop, sticking a perfect landing. Unlike his alter ego, the Death Knight, Jeritza had no need for theatrics. He simply brandished his spear and stood there menacingly.

“Professor Jeritza?” Flayn squeaked.

“Unhand the girl.” He said, not a hint of emotion in his voice.

“I don’t know who you are, but if you take one more step the girl dies.” The first bandit said, holding a knife to Flayn’s throat. It was a bluff, obviously. They had kidnapped Flayn to hold her for ransom, why would they kill her.

Still, even if they had been serious, they never would have got a chance. Despite his size, Jeritza was fast. Before either of the muggers could do anything, Jeritza was in front of them, grabbing the wrist of the mugger holding the knife and squeezing it hard enough to force him to drop the knife. Then, with his spear, he swept him off his feet (no, not like that) and grabbed Flayn before she could fall over with him.

He pulled away from the muggers with Flayn in tow. He placed her down a few feet away.

“Stay here.” He said, pointing at the ground.

Flayn nodded, a bit shocked by what was taking place.

Jeritza turned around to face the two muggers. The mugger who had grabbed Flayn was slowly standing up, rubbing his wrist. Jeritza didn’t even give him the chance to get up fully. With almost inhuman speed, he charged the mugger and rammed the blunt end of his spear into his chest, knocking him down again. He then spun and whacked the other mugger on the head with a sharp crack.

The mugger still standing stumbled backwards, clutching his now bleeding head. He barely had time to recover before Jeritza charged him, grabbing him by the arm and tossing him on top of his friend, probably dislocating his shoulder in the process.

Jeritza walked over and put his spear tip right up to the throat of the mugger he threw.

“They don’t like it when I kill.” Jeritza said. “But even if I was allowed too, you aren’t worth my time. Now, I suggest you run.”

“The mugger nodded in terror and scrambled to his feet, dragging his friend up too. Holding the hand of his disoriented friend, he ran away as fast as his legs could carry him. Jeritza watched them leave and then turned to face Flayn.

“Thank you, Professor Jeritza.” Flayn said.

Jeritza didn’t acknowledge the gratitude. Instead he just began walking and beckoned for Flayn to follow. “Come. Seteth is likely worried.”

O_3MfZJgT-4T7tmy1IbhZdFN4-G-gkeTuKRKzyc7SEBFOKHPcXRvUhpzRjFfgb0h6tL6AJswkYjQXCmi1-8rfWcLjM9auPGugeAwt-zwExoFW3zEAqRrgq8Qz-rIo4INodgO8F3B
O_3MfZJgT-4T7tmy1IbhZdFN4-G-gkeTuKRKzyc7SEBFOKHPcXRvUhpzRjFfgb0h6tL6AJswkYjQXCmi1-8rfWcLjM9auPGugeAwt-zwExoFW3zEAqRrgq8Qz-rIo4INodgO8F3B

Author’s note: So… Jeritza is overpowered. I see why he wasn’t picked for Smash.

While I was writing this I kept having to remind myself that Jeritza is not Scar and he does not have an attack that can blow up your face when he grabs it. He is also not Captain Falcon and does not have a Knee of Justice.

Hope as a Melody is the title of the song that plays when you do choir practice (Side Note: Constance has the best Choir Practice line and nothing can convince me otherwise). At least, that’s what the video I linked says (another ZU/Bulbagarden only thing. Again, blame FF.Net). I’m sure it has a name in-universe but since it’s never, ever stated I’m just gonna go with Hope as a Melody.

So, just to be clear, nobody in universe is commenting on the mugger’s inexplicable Italian-American accents. That’s just the narration.

Author’s Note: Originally, this Support was supposed to be in the main story but it kind of threw off the pacing so I relegated it to a support. Honestly, I’m not sure if Hilda is in character at all in this Support or really in the entire fic. But honestly, I really don’t care all that much.

The Ashen Wolves HQ was not the ideal location for medical treatment. Sure, it was dark and quiet, which was ideal for someone who was currently suffering from a concussion, ie Hilda, but it was also dirty which, regardless of whether the patient had open wounds, was not great. However, it was all they, that is Hilda and Linhardt, had as they couldn’t really move until the others got back.

“Hilda, can I ask you a question?” Linhardt asked, keeping his voice low.

“Hm…” Hilda hm’d. She was distractedly drumming the fingers of one hand on the table while using her other hand to support her head. “Oh, yeah, sure.”

“What does Lysithea like?” Linhardt asked.

“What do you mean?” Hilda asked, raising her eyebrow.

“I mean, if I were to give her something what should it be?” Linhardt said.

“What, like a gift?” Hilda asked.

“Not necessarily.” Linhardt said slowly, choosing his words carefully. “More like a bribe. So I can get her to help me with crest research. You see, she has two crests and...”

Hilda gasped. “You have a crush on Lysithea.”

“That’s ridiculous.” Linhardt said, attempting but failing to scoff. “I mean, sure from a scientific perspective you could say she’s cute and the way she shouts when she gets angry is rather fascinatingly endearing but that doesn’t mean…” He trailed off, as if just realizing what he was saying. “I’m digging my own grave, aren’t I?”

“Yes, yes you are.” Hilda replied.

“Okay, fine.” Linhardt said. “Let’s say your hypothesis that I’m in love with Lysithea is correct.” Clearly he wasn’t ready to fully give in. “What would I give her as a gift? You're her friend, right, you must know what she likes.”

Hilda put her finger to her cheek. “Hmm… I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re friends, but I do know what she likes. Just, um, please don’t tell her I’m the one who told you all this.”

“My lips are sealed, as the expression goes.” Linhardt replied. He took out a notebook that he had on him for some reason and prepared to take notes.

“Okay, you probably know this one already since she’s really bad at hiding it but she likes sweets.” Hilda said in a whisper both because her head hurt and out of an irrational paranoia that Lysithea could be listening. “But, what you might not know is that she really likes stuffed animals.” Linhardt dutifully wrote down this information. “She also likes flowers, oddly enough. Specifically, lilies. I don’t know why lilies in particular. If you want to start slow, though, just give her a textbook. She’s not trying to be secret at all about her love of those.”

Linhardt finished writing in his notebook. “Thank you, Hilda. I shall make sure to carefully test each of these possibilities.”

“Drop the science speak, would you?” Hilda said.

Linhardt raised an eyebrow. “Science speak?”

“All this talk about tests and hypothesises.” Hilda explained, ignoring Linhardt’s protests about how “hypothesises” wasn’t a word. “It’s annoying. I hope you don’t talk like this when you ask Lysithea out.”

“Wait, hold on, ask her out!” Linhardt shouted, causing Hilda to wince. He lowered his voice. “Oh, sorry.”

Hilda rubbed her head. “It’s fine. And yes, ask her out. You are planning on doing that, right?”

“Well, um…” Linhardt said.

Hilda sighed and shook her head. “It’s official, you’re hopeless.” She stood up and put her hands on her hips. “I normally wouldn’t do this but I think I’m going to have to take you under my wing.” She swayed a bit and then collapsed back onto the seat. “Right after I recover from this concussion.”

Linhardt put his hand to her forehead and cast a spell to ease the pain, all the while contemplating just what he’d gotten himself into.

I0tFQ1K5JHqVsbaIp5vMd6qCWX1aO59GkFP0rwqYLuUFB_aWJGX70gF6qIOwQ_hAOBShrDLy19vOLNYU52a_RrLAdlmumJa0WxiZCYZv8rqNJ9AkAjFjOnEQ6gKtPOBiy0CV-Spe=s0
I0tFQ1K5JHqVsbaIp5vMd6qCWX1aO59GkFP0rwqYLuUFB_aWJGX70gF6qIOwQ_hAOBShrDLy19vOLNYU52a_RrLAdlmumJa0WxiZCYZv8rqNJ9AkAjFjOnEQ6gKtPOBiy0CV-Spe=s0

Author’s Note: Presumably the Best Friend Squad bursts through the doors a few minutes later, because Hilda and Linhardt can’t catch a break.

For the first time in this fic, shipping is getting involved. Yes, that’s right, my preferred ship is Linhardt x Lysithea (Lyshardt? Linsithea?). I hope this doesn’t lose me any readers. I actually did go back and edit the only Support that both Linhardt and Lysithea are in to give some retroactive foreshadowing of Lin’s feelings for her.

Also, if you go and check you’ll see that everything Hilda listed are gifts that Lysithea likes in the actual game.

Author’s Note: This support has some Required Reading. Don’t worry though, the reading that’s required is the previous support, Romantic Advice.

Other than that, I don’t have anything else to tell you because in this case I want to let the support have a chance to speak for itself.

Anna put the finishing touches on her sign and stepped back to admire her handiwork. “Fire Emblem Heroes” the sign said. “Buy one Pack get one Hero Free.” This whole Heroes card game was the best idea she’d ever had. It was definitely going to be her most profitable venture yet, she could feel it. She’d have to thank the other Anna for inspiring her next time she saw her.

“Excuse me, ma’am.” A young voice said. Anna turned around to face the speaker, a kid who appeared to be about 10.

Anna put her finger to her cheek. “Welcome. What can I do for you.”

“Is this the place where they sell that new Heroes card game?” The kid asked.

“Yep.” Anna said cheerily. “That’s what the sign says, doesn’t it?”

The boy took out a pouch of gold. “I’d like to buy a pack, please.”

You got it!” Anna said. She turned around and headed into the back of the stand. She grabbed one pack of cards from a box of them and returned to the counter.

“Here you go, kid.” She said, placing the pack on the counter.

“Wow!” The kid shouted, picking up the pack and staring at it.

After a few seconds of this Anna spoke up. “Uh, my payment please.” She held out her hand.

“Oh, sorry.” The kid said. He placed the bag of coins in her hand.

Anna’s smile returned to her face.. “Thanks a bun-” Before she could finish her sentence, she froze. A shiver ran up her body.

“Are you okay?” The boy asked.

Anna didn’t miss a beat. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She said. That was a lie. She felt a disturbance. Almost like… someone was using her signature hand gesture.

Qdz_TcvwuJ2dUKbYjjnAK6NH4anrkh_1mUjDKGmx4jEXauO9p-NRCg0riRDRNUlunf5xvDxJ8b09b97kjF0vHRMpbItyDVQFUsptdg5b39bv0aObA8wVX74MSlmag6pjerpvjLh8=s0
Qdz_TcvwuJ2dUKbYjjnAK6NH4anrkh_1mUjDKGmx4jEXauO9p-NRCg0riRDRNUlunf5xvDxJ8b09b97kjF0vHRMpbItyDVQFUsptdg5b39bv0aObA8wVX74MSlmag6pjerpvjLh8=s0

Author’s Note: So… yeah, Anna invented a card game version of Fire Emblem Heroes after meeting the version of her from FIre Emblem Heroes. Is that too meta? I don’t know, I’ve been playing a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes lately, okay.

Also, if you’re confused I swear this support makes sense if you read through Romantic Advice. I swear it. It was actually originally meant to reference events happening in the main story but I ended up editing that part out because of pacing issues.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom