• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Final Fantasy Class Mafia: - 8/6 - Dusk of the Final Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Final Fantasy Class Mafia - Night 1 - 7/12 - Less Eventful Than Seinfeld

So, my idea to no lynch worked. So, let's think who a best target is- and maybe... There's a protector who saved Noivern if that's the case, Momoka.

Why exactly were you hoping for a No Lynch?

As I said before, it's best we gather information before pointing fingers, because WHAT IF we kill OUR doctor, or OUR rolecop or something like that?

@Momoka; FA had two votes on her.
@DrumBeats; It still wasn't helpful and actually would have been better not to do it that early. Imagine if a player as active as FA had yet to post by the second day of Day one. We could have assumed from that that she was lurking and trying to get an extra kill for scumbuddies.

NOTE: Not saying anyone is mafia just using FA as an example

@Miss Mew; Town doesn't usually have a rolecop which could it be that you slipped up one of your scumbuddies roles?

That may have been a better move in hindsight, but at the time the main focus in my mine was prevention.

As I said before, it's best we gather information before pointing fingers, because WHAT IF we kill OUR doctor, or OUR rolecop or something like that?

There's nothing stopping people from doing exactly that, though. Especially with some "unlucky" players that tend to kill off power roles Day 1, leaving the entire town in a disadvantage.

I'll be honest, though. When we don't have much information to work with, it's basically a game of luck.

@Momoka; DrumBeats joke voted her.

@Noivern; True there is not much to work with but its not a game of luck because we still have information and the nightkill will give us more hopefully. Also you're improving.

You can't exactly prevent those things from happening. Meta, but in one previous game that I played, I was lynched Day 1 - as the doctor. Pretty unfortunate, but there was no way to prevent it anyways. Besides, a lynch is better than a no lynch.

Besides, a lynch is better than a no lynch.

Would you put it that way if we did lynch someone and we ended up hitting town?

It would depend on who ended up being lynched and what happened before and after. A good discussion that gets us information, at the cost of one member of the town, is better than lynching no one and learning nothing. That also doesn't take into account roles such as lynch-proofs, redirects, etc. that could prevent someone from being killed, and if the person lynched does flip town, then that's our cue to take a closer look at the people who pushed hardest for lynching them.

I'd like to request a sub.

@Parma;
Will you sub in for GengarWithSunglasses?

Well, so far we've had many players active on day one. We could (could) assume for the moment that Gengar wasn't mafia, seeing that he subbed out so soon (instead of trying to justify his absence) which would have reset the mafia points (in the case he was mafia).

Out of the 12 players, 11 made at least one post. Gengar with sunglasses was the unactive one, but I've already given my opinion on him.

Miss Mew, who voted No lynch on the basis that on day 1 we need to get info rather than get someone lynched.

Dark Kyriaki, who stayed somewhat active, starting the game with his tradition of host voting.

Neon Borealis... well, I can't give a read of myself without being Biased, that is your job.

Harpy, who stayed pretty active for the duration of the phase, mostly questioning players like Miss Mew and DB.

DrumBeats, mentioning the inactives as to avoid the mafia getting any points. An action of which I approve (though I agree that maybe it was a little early to do it).

Zenax, who stayed somewhat active calling Harpy's pushing on Noivern.

Final Arcadia, who made one post to question Noivern's vagueness.

Buoy, who also stayed active, making some discussion with Harpy regarding DrumBeat's strategy.

Noivern, Being as vaugue as ever at first.

Momoka, Calling into question Drumbeats actions. (and also has some points to her favor).

and Nytie, who... didn't did anything at all. Only making one post the whole phase.

I personally think that the mafia didn't bother to have any extra points during the first day, no need to rush. Because of that, I think that the mafia tried being active (or at least tried to look like they were being useful).

Out of us all, I think that Miss Mew is more suspiccious than others. While her intentions of no lynching are clear, it's the fact that it was the first post that strikes me as odd. As many have pointed out, getting information is vital, and a lynch usually provides information. No lynching gives mafia the first move, allowing them to eliminate and investigate the role of someone. Besides, I think that her mention of "loosing our Rolecop" is kind of a slip up.

FoS: Miss Mew

Feel free to discuss, argue, make an angry mob, etc.

Hmm... If I have to I'm willing to give a roleclaim... A truthful one, I swear on it. Rolecop was a slip up, I meant to say something else. Sorry, in my mafia game rolecop was town.

Hmm... If I have to I'm willing to give a roleclaim... A truthful one, I swear on it. Rolecop was a slip up, I meant to say something else. Sorry, in my mafia game rolecop was town.
If that was a slip up, what did you mean to say?

I meant to say the alignment cop.

Out of us all, I think that Miss Mew is more suspiccious than others. While her intentions of no lynching are clear, it's the fact that it was the first post that strikes me as odd. As many have pointed out, getting information is vital, and a lynch usually provides information. No lynching gives mafia the first move, allowing them to eliminate and investigate the role of someone. Besides, I think that her mention of "loosing our Rolecop" is kind of a slip up.

FoS: Miss Mew

I'm sorry to bring up the tired old lynch vs. no lynch discussion, but no lynching is not always the worst option during day one. There's not much to base a lynch off during D1, and so there's actually a really large chance of hitting a town member with the first lynch. However, if there's a no lynch, sure, we won't get mafia, but there was only ever a small chance of that, anyway. I really don't like to base strategies on luck in mafia games (mostly because I have terrible luck). Besides that, the mafia deciding the first kill can be a good thing -- they could be lucky and hit cop or something, yes, but they can also help us whittle down our suspects, even a tiny bit. Not lynching puts the pressure on them to decide the first person to die, and we can always learn something about them through the person they choose to kill. Besides that, you're very caught up on what the mafia can do: "allowing them to eliminate and investigate the role of someone". I don't know how you know there's a rolecop (seems like your own slip up there <;), but nevertheless, townies more than likely have investigative roles, too. The amount of information the town can gather through the night phase probably far exceeds what the mafia can do.

The fact that anyone wants a no-lynch during D1 is a nulltell, and shouldn't technically be used as a reason to attack someone. Miss Mew's only new, too -- you need to take into account that she might not know what she's doing as well as you do. It feels a little like you're trying to angle for a lynch on the easiest target. :l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom