• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Final Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I was thinking of doing an RP based on the Final Fantasy universe(s), with a random number generator for a system similar to the AP for The 4 Heroes of Light (Stronger attacks require more points to use). Beyond that, I have nothing. Any suggestions?

Make it so the players can have any job from the series, not just the one from the first one. Also, let players define how the spells work, but make it kinda static. Like, when the player gets Fire, they can say that it covers their character's weapons in fire, but it doesn't work any other way. I find that adds an element of strategy to such systems. Also, I think I remember a RNG that shows a user's rolls, if you'll gimme a minute, I'll find it for you.

Interesting. I like your idea for the magic, although for the weapon thing, it might only work for the Red Mage. I was kind of planning to do the job thing anyway, but still. Thanks!

We should do a main story, then have him as a plus one boss.
Also, I wanna play as a Thief for some reason.

Maybe because it's because of my avatar?
You're probably right. So now the question is: what's the plot?

I know that I know that I know that. It was slightly rhetorical, but I am having problems with the plot. All I got is something similar to the first Final Fantasy's plot. If you have any suggestions, tell me, since the first one kid of lacks in plot.
The summary of the plot (so far):
Four crystals (Fire, Wind, Water, and Air) that govern the world's elements have had all of their power drained, causing the world to fall into chaos. (four) Warriors set out to restore the crystals and beat the crap out of the fiends that drained their power. (I don't get how that works.)
Anyway, I'll post the sign-ups. If anyone here has any ideas, please say them.
(Also: do you think four characters is too small for an RPG?)
EDIT: The sign-ups are up.

Last edited:
the there is a double cross by none other than... cid!!! who i want to have a major role
also i want some of the bosses to be cameo bosses from other square enix games (including eidos) such as the media overlord from the gex series, axel from kingdom hearts, a REALLY REALLY huge slime as a dragon quest-themed boss, and bowser (hey! squaresoft did make super mario rpg: legend of the seven stars and mario sports mix)

Whoa, there tiger.
If you want to make a Cid character, then fine: that's the only way I can gurantee him a big role make sure to make him a dragoon. Also, like Jakku suggested for Ganon, any of those bosses will PROBABLY be post-adventure. Also, while Bowser is in a Square game, he is offically owned by Nintendo. Geno or Mallow would be a better option, if we're doing Square-themed bosses.

What order are we going to hunt the gems in?

Earth, Fire, Water, Air. Yeah, completely original.
Thankfully, I'm changing some (minor, but still) details revolving the four fiends and Garland. (The king is a stubborn ass.)

Anyway, I'll post the sign-ups. If anyone here has any ideas, please say them.

Add a card game tournament as a sub plot. Ooh! Maybe make the four fiends kinda like have powers similar to the characters who have their crystal! Like the fire fiend could be a fighter type, but evil, and the water fiend could be a mad scientist.

Card game tornament, maybe (probably no, as only Nico has cards). Four fiends thing, yes. Very good idea.
Also, in case people haven't noticed, I'm changing some of the story to match some of the character's backstory (A guy's soul got kidnapped, for one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom