• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Final Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
There are four crystals in this world, with control over elements. They are the Fire, Water, Air, and Earth Crystals. The power that came from the four crystals was so great, if it was disrupted, the world would drive on the road to oblivion. So, for millions of years, the crystals were undisturbed.
However, the sacred crystals have been tampered with, by four monsters that were, at one time, created to drain the crystals of their power. However, warriors, in the past, have slain them.
Warriors have appeared once again, and they are destined to face off with the monsters. Shall history repeat itself, with the warriors reigning victorious once again? Or will the world fall into oblivion?

-BATTLE SYSTEM-
The basic battle system is similar to Final Fantasy XIII's: you gain points, which you you can spend to use attacks. The more powerful you attack, the more points you have to spend to use it. You can have a max of 10 points at one time. The points you gain are generated from this site. I'll have to rely on your trustworthiness. If I see a character getting 10s too often, I'll kick you out.
Damage calculation is based on two things: either the Attack or Magic Atk of the user, and the Defense or Magic Def of the defender. The Defense is subtracted from the Attack, and the difference is dealt to the HP as damage. (Stats are explained below.)

-STATS-
Each person has 10 skill points, which can be divided between HP (which determines how much damage the person can resist), Attack (physical damage dealt), Defense (absorbing of damage), Magic Atk/Def (same as Attack and Defense, but with magic), and Speed (determines the battle order). Characters also start out with skill points implented: physical classes (Warrior, Monk, Thief, etc.) always have at least 2 Attack (Red Mages start out with one), and magic classes (Black, White, and Red Mages, for example) start out with 2 Magic Atk (Red Mage: 1 Magic Atk). Warriors also start out with 1 HP, and Thieves start out with 2 Speed. Some classes have a stat cap:

Warriors cannot have more than 3 Speed.
Physical classes cannot have more than 3 Magic Atk.
Black Mages cannot have more than 5 HP and 2 Attack (the Attack rule also applies to White Mages).
Red Mages cannot spend half or more of their skill points on one stat.
(If you think any other classes should have stat caps, let me know.)
(All stat caps rise one with every level)
Upon level up (below), each character gains 2 skill points, which they can spend.

-LEVELS-
Simply put, levels are a measure of power. Stat caps are affected by level. All characters that participated in battle gain 1 EXP from each enemy (unless they died). After each level up, the random number generator is used to determine the amount of EXP needed to level up (starting with 4-10, and rising one each level).

-ELEMENTS-
A character can be tied to one of the elements of a crystal. These elements give characters advantages and disadvantages. A character with the Wind Element deals more damage against water, but is weak to earth. Magic is also boosted/dulled with the elements (both recieving and dealing): Fire boosts Fire (duh), Water boosts Ice, and Wind boosts Electric (all by one point). Elemental advantages go like this:
Fire>Earth>Wind>Water>Fire

-MAGIC RULE-
Magic can do anything: Fire can (for example) light an enemy ablaze, or do it to your weapon, boosting it by the level (Fire < Firaga) (The level depends on the suffix: none equals 1, -a equals 2, -ga equals 3, and -ja equals 4. A spell required points equal to the level x 2.) Once a spell effect is decided, it and its upgrades can do only that.
NOTE: The Aero family of spells is White Magic, but can be learned like Blue Magic. It gets a boost from Wind.
Damage calculation for magic:
Added on to a weapon:
Attack + Magic Level + Element Bonus - Defense = Damage
By itself:
Magic Atk + Magic Level + Element Bonus - Magic Defense = Damage

-ALL POINTS SKILLS-
You can have one skill that uses 10 points. End of story.

-CLASSES-
You can use any class from any game. Unless it only appears in X-2. I hate X-2. It doesn't get to be here.
NOTE: Knight and Ninja act like they do in FFI: able to use level 2 White and Black Magic, respectively.
NOTE: Any character can cast Level 1 White or Black Magic.

NOTE: JakkuEbansu and Mouthful of Pi helped me with some elements.

Sign-up forms:
Name: (duh)
Class: (Any class from any game. Even X-2.)
Element: (A Crystal Element. Leave blank if none.)
Appearence: (What your guy/gal looks like. A picture can be used.)
Personality: (What he/she acts like)
History: (past)
Stats: (the stuff)
Skills: (What you do other than attack. Point costs are written like #P)
Other: (Remember: No one ever said these guys were human.)
EXP: (EXP needed for next level)

My sign-up:
Name: Neo Katano
Class: Fighter
Element: Fire
Appearence: Neo has blonde hair showing out from under a green bandanna, and wears red armor. He wears brown shoes.
Personality: Neo is loyal, siding with those he trust, and helping them out. He does, however, get angry easy, especially if someone hurts/offends someone he trusts/loves. He also can fall over for women somewhat easily.
History: When he was little, his parents died from an attack by a rogue soldier. Since then, he trained himself to protect the ones he loves.
Stats:
HP: 6
Attack: 5
Defense: 3
Magic Atk: 3
Magic Defense: 2
Speed: 1
Skills: Fire - Attacks enemies with a fireball. 2P
Cure - Heals one ally equal to his Magic Atk. 2P
Ultima Strike - Multiplies his attack by his current HP for one attack. 10P
Other:
EXP: 7

Last edited:
name: Joe menaisd
Class: alchemist
Element: water
Appearance: green eyes,brown hair, always wears a tuxedo, squeaky black shoes, plus the evil doppelganger has a goatee.
Personality: i feel sorrow for anyone who's an orphan, poor or even lost ONE parent. even thought i'm rich myself, i hate the rich people as their so snooty and ignorant towards the poor. but at least i grew up poor before i became rich
History: as an only child born without a mom (she died as soon as she gave birth) dad taught me everything to know in order to live in poverty. i eventually learned to be an alchemist randomly and now i make my money by providing people with potions and eithers so i'm rich now,after my dad's death i devoted my life to clearing out the poverty line through charity. then this came up.
Stats:
hp: 2
attack: 2
defense:2
magic attack:1
magic defense:1
speed 2
Skills: bringing up items randomly but only potions and eithers right now.
Other: i have nothing else to say
EXP: 5

Last edited:
Seems good, except for two things:
1) Can you please give him a last name and remove the "human success story" part from his name? I could care less about the last name, but "human success story" seems a) too much and b) like you're going to godmod.
2) Actually put a description/picture of him; I could just say Neo looked like an "everyday, normal human", but most GMs would not accept it due to a "lack of detail" (in fact, I'm forbidding Joe's sign-up until you add some detail).

Also, you're just making Joe resistant to Fire and vurnable to wind. Are you sure you don't want to give him an ice spell?
I'm guessing his skill is an "out of battle" ability, otherwise it needs a point cost.

I'm not sure what time this is set in, since all the classes from the different games assume different technology levels, so I'm just gonna wing it.

Name: Nicodemus van Engelson
Class: Summoner
Element: Earth

Appearance: Nicodemus always, always, always wears a pyramid shaped necklace around his neck. When he's showering, swimming...Whenever. This wouldn't be too odd if it wasn't the size of a baseball. He usually wears a red jacket over his body, and a black shirt with a skull and crossbones underneath. He looks kinda emo because of his hair. It's black, with blue highlights, and a bit of it falls in front of one of his purple eyes. He stands at about six feet, and weighs 180 pounds. On his wrist, he wields a duel disk, which he uses to help him summon.
Personality: Nico is...Kinda odd. Odd, but nice. Maybe it was his summons always talking to him, but he now thinks that he was chosen by an ancient Egyptian man to be the king of games. He plays children's card games all the time, and hates men with long white hair. He is pretty nice, though. Just kinda odd.
History: Nico first discovered his ability to summon when he was mugged by a pair of men with long white hair on the way home from high school. He tried to duel them, and accidentally summoned The Black Knight, who killed them all with swords of light. Ever then, he set out to be the best summoner ever and win his grandfather's soul back!

Stats:
HP: 5
Attack: 0
Defense: 3
Magic Atk: 5
Magic Defense: 1
Speed: 2
Skills: (Note: Summoner skills use the skill level * 2.5 in MP, rounded. Also, he can only have two summons out.)

Mathematician: Nicodemus summons a mathematician to adjust his stats. Basically, he can move them around in any way so long as he still has the same total. He can only do it when the mathematician is initially summoned, and the effect only lasts until he dismisses the mathematician. Also, while the Mathematician is out, Nicodemus can fire lasers from his glasses, equivalent to a Fire spell. The lasers bounce off mirrors and reflective surfaces. 3P

The Black Knight: Nicodemus summons a man clad in black armor, who may or may not be the spirit of a once great hero who fell to the dark side. While summoned, he also lets Nico summon swords of lightning, which do Thunder-elemental damage, and also boosts his attack and defense by 3. The attacks from the swords use physical attack instead of magical. 3P

Alice: Nico summons a powerful healer. While summoned, she restores 2 HP a turn. Also, when she is first summoned, she creates illusions, confusing all foes. 3P

Divine One: Nico summons a powerful being from the heavens, who calls down beams of light on foes. 10P

Other: Nope.
EXP: 3

Last edited:
Accepted!
I'm wondering whether people are using the random number generator...but it's not a big deal.
I guess Nicodemus is based off of Yugi. As this is a fictional universe, it would just be mostly medival, but with some technology.
Also, just to keep balance, Mathematician can't add or subtract to his HP.

Sign-up forms:
Name: Michael Nighthart
Class: Red Mage
Element: Wind
Appearence:
Picture621.jpg

Personality: Michael is rather snooty and tends to look down on others. He only respects people who are truly powerful. Michael has an afinity for Roses and Tea and in his free time he likes to read. Michael tends to not be direct in his ansers and he tends to sometimes speak in criptic riddles. Michael often speaks with a broad vocabulary.

History: Michael is from a wealthy family. His parents were murdered when he was 5 so now he is the current head. He searchs the world in order to find his parents killers and avenge them. He has his butler sends him messages sent by his pet crow, Tobias. During his corranation as the head of family, he was given a large scythe called Requiem. This scythe is somewhat sentinent and will electrocute anyone who tries to wield it if there not Michael. He was also trained to use magic during his youth.

Stats:
HP: 3
Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Magic Atk: 2
Magic Defense:2

Skills:

Thunder: Attacks with thunder 2P

Aero: Attacks with Aero 2P

Deadly Dahlia: Attacks with a barage of attacks with Requiem. 4P

Calamity Calendula: Generates Electricity through Requiem and attacks with a powerful slash that will electrocutes the target. 10P

Other: If possible, he's a vampire that despises his vampiric urges

EXP: 6

As of Garland Battle, stats have changed.

Last edited:
Accepted! And yes, it is possible. I didn't say these guys had to be human, did I?
EDIT: Mouthful of Pi, you must remove 3 skill points from your person, as they were given illegally (in other words, including the Magic Atk boost you get for being a magic user, your chartacter's stats go over 10 total.)
Also, Crow Song, just to let you know, your character has 2 skill points left over (Attack and Magic Atk automatically get 1 for being a Red Mage).

Last edited:
Okay, thanks Lief. I look forward to the start up. I've only Played FF 13 and Kingdom Hearts. So i will try my best to stay with the principles.

@Crow Song The start will be up when we get one more player (unless there's objections). Or I get bored and get on with it.
@Pi It's alright.

Name: Myka Resta
Class: Thief
Element:
Appearence: Four foot six, which is tall for his race. Green-blue eyes, covered with a large sunhat. He wears a bandana around his neck, with a short tunic beneath. Around his waist is a variety of thieves' tools, and a short knife. He wears a pair of sackcloth pants, belted in three places to stick to his figure. His pom-pom is purple. His ears poke out from beneath his hat.
Personality: Like all Moogles, Myka speaks with a dialect punctuated by Kupos. He is smart-mouthed, and coarse. He gets angry easily, but can be quiet if necessary. He'll commit almost any crime if he feels the price is worth it, and sometimes just to see if he can.
History: Myka was born in a farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere. He intends never to return. He and his parents do not see eye-to-eye about his chosen career, so he is occassionally pestered by letters from them. He became a thief when he realised that he did not have a hardworking bone in his body, but was quick and quiet enough if he wanted to be. He left home aged eight, he is now seventeen and hasn't looked back. Perhaps that's for the best.
Stats:
HP: 5
Attack: 3
Defense: 1
Magic Atk: 1
Magic Defense: 1
Skills:
Flashbang- distracts enemy with bright smokebomb. Lowers enemies' likelihood of landing a blow. 2P
Stealth- decreases visibility of Myka. 3P
Ancestry- channels horde of ancestors to attack enemy. 10P
Other: He's a Moogle.
EXP: 5

Last edited:
I honestly never thought about a moogle...
...Huh.
Anyway, ACCEPTED! Also, you have 3 skill points left (Physical attackers automatically have 1 Attack, and Thieves start out with at least 2 Speed.) I'm not saying you have to, but...
NOTE: I changed what Speed does, it instead increases the chance of an enemy missing.
NOTE: The start'll be up soon.
NOTE: The starting location will be the city of dreams (according to the actual game, at least) Cornelia. I don't care why you're there, but just be there.

Added more HP.
Why? Moogles are a primary race in several of the games? =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom