• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Final Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Yes this is a restart of an old RP, but I liked it.
There are four crystals that give power to the world. Each one of them holds power over one element: fire, water, wind, and earth. The crystals hold peace, limiting the amount of monsters that roam the land, and generally providing peace.
However, the peace is broken when the guardians of the crystals, four monsters, suddenly start to absorb the crystals' power. The world is nearing chaos: the winds are wild, the sea is crazy, the earth rots, and something to do with volcanoes. This was the state the world was in two thousand years ago. However, there is hope: two thousand years ago, Warriors of Light defeated the chaos that enveloped the land and restored the crystals' powers. Will history repeat itself again, or will the world fall into pure chaos? In order to prevent this from happening, the king of a kingdom called Cornelia decided to gather the kingdom's best warriors, with an easy "test" to see if they are worthy...

--------
So yeah, this is a RP based on the original Final Fantasy game. The bit above is just an outline for the plot: the players of the RP can add more subplots to the RP if they want. I'd want the characters to eventually restore the crystals' light (if you played the original Final Fantasy, you know what else there is they have to do). So yeah. Here's the technical stuff for the RP:

-BATTLE SYSTEM-
The battle system is like Final Fantasy XIII's: you expend points to do an action. However, the points aren't segments of a gauge that fills over time: they are generated with this website. You then put what you got here (so we can tell you aren't cheating), and can then use those points for an ability. You can have one ability that uses the maximum amount of points you can hold at one time (10), and it should relate to the character's job or otherwise be related to the character (like a 10 point attack would be summoning, I don't know, Bahamut for a summoner, a fancy, powerful sword strike for a Warrior, etc.).

-JOB CLASSES-
The jobs can be from any game in the Final Fantasy series, from I to XIV, and any of the side games (note: the Paradigms from XIII and XIII-2 are NOT jobs). To find out more about these jobs, look here (for those of you who haven't played Final Fantasy).

-STATS-
Everyone starts off with 10 points that they can put into various stats. The stats are:
HP - The hit points of a character. When they hit 0, they die. Or are KO'ed. Or something. Point is, they can't fight.
Attack - The physical power of a character, used for physical attacks and some skills. Part of determining damage.
Defense - The physical defense of a character, this is the amount taken off from the Attack to calculate physical damage.
Magic Atk - The magical power of a character, used for most abilities.
Magic Def - Like defense, but for magic.

Physical classes (Warrior, Monk, Thief, Ninja, etc.) start out with 1 Attack point. The Warrior starts out with 1 HP point. Magical classes (the Mages, Summoners, etc.) start out with 1 Magic Atk point.

-LEVELING UP-
Every 10 EXP a character gets, they gain a level. This amount increases by one each time a character levels up (a Level 2 character needs 11 EXP to get to the next level, for example). You get two points to allocate to a stat for each level up.

-MAGIC-
All classes can use magic. Physically aligned classes can only use Level 1 magic (Fire, Blizzard, Aero, Lightning, Cure, Protect, Shell, and Blink), and one school of magic (Black or White).
Your magic can be upgraded at level 4 (into -ra). It can then be upgraded at level 10 (-ga) and then level 15 (-ja).
-ra tier spells deal 1 more damage, -ga 2, and -ja 3.

-ELEMENTAL ALIGNMENT-
Some people are blessed by the gods to be aligned with one of the elements of the crystals. They get +1 damage when they use a spell or skill related to their element (if one aligned with Fire uses Fire, for example). Lightning gets a boost from people with the Wind element, and Ice from the Water element.
Also, they take more damage from an attack strong against their element, and take one less damage from an element they're superior to. Like so:
Fire > Earth > Wind > Water > Fire

-SPECIES-
You can use any intelligent species from the Final Fantasy species. Just put what species your character is if they aren't human in "Other".

-RULES-
  • No godmodding
  • No bunnying
  • Try to stay active
  • Don't say you did more damage then you did
  • No cats
  • Please update your sign-ups, it's what I use to check the damage dealt
  • Six characters max (maybe more will be added via story)
Alright now, let's get to the sign-up:

Name: Your character's name, with any possible nicknames.
Gender: Male, female, or it. It is not for humans. Remember that.
Sexuality: Straight, gay, bi, etc.
Affinity: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, or None.
Appearance: What your character looks like.
History: The character's past.
Class: Job class.
Level: What level (1 to start off)
Stats: Your stats (explained above)
Abilities: Any abilities your character has, written like this:
Name - Effect (Point cost (#P)
EXP: Optional, to keep track of your current EXP.
Other:
My sign-up:
Name: Neo Katano
Sexuality: Straight
Affinity: Fire
Appearance: This with a red bandanna.
History: Neo never met his mother, because she died in childbirth with him. His father was in the military, and died fighting a rogue knight. A year after he died, Neo found his father's sword and armor, and decided to learn how to use them. His skills became known to the king, and is what brought him into this.
Class: Warrior
Level: 1
Stats:
HP: 5
Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Magic Atk: 2
Magic Def: 0
Abilities:
  • Fire - Lights his sword's blade on fire. (2P)
  • Armor Break - Reduce the target's Defense by 1. (3P)
  • Ultima Strike - Deal damage equal to his current HP. (10P)
EXP: 0/10
Other: Nothing else.

NOTE: You gain new abilities whenever a crystal's power is restored.
NOTE 2: This is where you put your suggestions for any subplots. Or any additions to he plot. Or whatever.
NOTE 3: Red Mages gain both of the Attack boosts.

SLOTS
1. Neo Katano (me)
2. Isaac G'lant (Chaosj2)
3. Maximillian Fortuna (Pi Face)
4. Raem Othrel (O5-7)
5. Mog(Denki Wolf)

Last edited:
Name: Isaac G'lant
Affinity: Wind

Appearance: Isaac is a plain looking young man with long spiky black hair hidden beneath a black helm. The helmet has two yellow stars painted on each side where his ears should be. The rest of his armor is also black, but on his torso there is a large blue open book painted on it. He carries a thin fencing sword with him at all times as it is his spellblade imbued with the powers of wind, specifically lightning.
History: Isaac grew up as a normal human child, going to school and studying. He was considering a life as a scholar, until one day while studying various monsters in the area attacked the village. He was shocked to see so many monsters in one area, but refused to back down. The scholars in the village were no match of course, but he couldn't give up. Having no idea what he was doing, he grabbed a sword and began to swing it wildly, attacking the creatures. He managed to defeat one, before his life was in jeapordy. Before he was killed, the scholars had returned, each one wielding an elemental tome, using its magics to save him. From that day on, he began to train and train, wanting to protect the village. He had learned that the scholars had run because they needed time for their battle styles, time someone in this village of scholars had to give him. His father, and old expert of the blade whom was forced to retire when a beast had ripped his right arm off, helped him hone his skills. Eventually he learned how to fight in a way few did, focusing on combining magics from when he was a scholar with an interesting style of swordsmanship. He protected the village for years, until he was called by the royal family as his homeland needed him. Donning his armor, he decided to fight for his home, perhaps this land simply needed more time to defend itself, time he would help grant it.

Class: Mystic Knight

Stats:
HP: 5 (innate shell at 1HP)
Attack: 2
Defense: 2
Magic Atk: 1
Magic Def: 2

Abilities:
Emergency Shell - Blocks magic based attacks (since he is a Mystic Knight, when his HP goes below 10% it can be innately activated)(1P)
Elemental Charge - Charges blade with wing element (lightning) adding an attack bonus equal to his level, lasts until the battle is over (2P)
Thunder Lion's Roar - A powerful forwards thrust which releases a lion shaped blast of electricity reducing the target's HP to Isaac's (10P)
EXP: 0
Other: He doesn't like bugs...

Last edited:
Alright, ACCEPTED! I'm assuming that the town would be one of the towns under Cornelia's control, then?

A couple question before I sign on.

1. For the dice-roll, what type of dice is being used?
2. For clarification, would a Dragoon be a physical-type class, having the 1pt Atk stat bonus? Just wanna make sure.

@Pi Face You just have to reserve the spot. But reserved anyways.
@O5-7 A 10-sided die and Dragoon is a physical class.

Last edited:
Name: Raem Othrel

Affinity: Wind

Appearance:
Sorry I lack creativity here:
FFTDragoonMale.png

History: Raem had a pretty average early life, born into an average family in an average town. On occasion he would help around the house, cooking simple meals, chopping wood, and other various tasks. At the age 16 he decided to save up some money for some decent armour and a spear, and left the house to do some mercenary work, earn some extra money for his family, and maybe find some kind of treasures along the way. He continued doing various jobs for money for around four years, making quite a name for himself, when an inkeeper at an inn he was staying at one night informed him that a messenger had come by while he was sleeping, bringing word that the king of Cornelia required his skills and his spear. Thinking this a great opportunity to earn quite a bit more money, Raem accepted the summons, and made his way to Cornelia the next morning.

Class: Dragoon

Stats:
HP: 4
Attack: 3
Defense: 3
Magic Atk: 0
Magic Def: 1

Abilities:
Blunt Strike - Hits the enemy with the blunt end of the equipped weapon, doing no damage, but causing a short stun effect. 2P
Double Strike - Attacks the enemy twice, effectively doing double damage to the target. 3P
Jump - Jumps into the air to strike the enemy from above for 1.5x base damage, gaining immunity to damage while in the air. If enemy is weak to Wind element, damage is 2x instead of 1.5x. 10P

EXP: 0/10

Other: Loves a good drink, and providing him with one is an quick and easy way to get him to like you. Has not returned to his home in all the four years since he left, thinking that he hasn't done anything worth bringing back home. Likes to lie about his history to try and stop any potential threats to his hometown and family. Occasionally speaks sentences in the third person.

--

Am I correct in assuming that a normal, non-special physical attack would cost 1P?

Last edited:
It's alright that you lack creativity, my guy's just a Warrior with a red bandanna. Your guy is ACCEPTED.
And yes, non-special physical attacks would cost 1P.

Sweeeet, can't wait for start-up.

We'll start after either Pi Face posts his sign-up or we get all 6 slots filled in. Either one, depending on what you guys choose.

Personally, I vote for the former.

I have a couple of questions.
First is in classes.
Is White mage/Summoner considered the same?
I ask because of Characters like Yuna and Princess Garnet from FF 10 and 9.
Second is in the species.
Is Moogle usable?
And if not, what was Zidane?

- White mages and summoners are NOT the same. Those two are exceptions.
- Moogles are usable. They are intelligent. And I think Zidane was a Geonome or something like that. I don't know, but they're humans without a soul (for the most part).

So then, If I were to go with Summoner, what would that mean?
Just Summoning like in 3 or summoning and white like 9?

Being a summoner means that you can summon monsters, like Bahamut, or maybe your own monsters (depends on how creative you're feeling). I don't think that white magic was actually part of the summoner job (there were technically two summoners in IX, Garnet and Eiko. Garnet focused on summons, Eiko focused on White Magic).
So basically, the only way your character can use White Magic and be a summoner is with the white magic anyone can use, like Cure and Protect. Which is actually how Rydia was in IV.

Ok, well can you save me a slot?
This rp looks like a lot of fun.

I'm sorry, one last question.
Do you want me to make a character profile for the summon?
I want to make one that has specific abilities per.

Summons aren't actually characters, they're monsters that are summoned to fight/do a special attack, stuff like that. They don't have a character profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom