• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Finally Blue

ScruffyJedi

Rebel Without a Cause
Reaction score
So, some of you may know I do karate, well, I just figured I'd ask how many of you do martial arts, and brag about the fact that I'm going to my Blue Belt!

My belt system works like this:
White
Yellow
Yellow Black Stripe
Orange
Orange Black Stripe
Green
Green Black Stripe
Blue
Blue Black Stripe
Brown
Brown Black Stripe
Red
Red Black Stripe(only on rare occasions)
Black, up to 7th degree

I do Wado Kai, which uses a lot of kicking, and more defensive then offensive attacks. How about all of you?

Congratulations! I always wanted to do karate ^^

I have done Kendo for a little over a year. I haven't got any rank yet, but I'll be testing for my sankyu in November. Unfortunately tests for my regional federation are a bit few and far between, so I have to wait.

Kendo testing goes first by kyu ranks, rokkyu (6 kyu) through ikkyu (1 kyu), then shodan (first dan, kind of an analog to black belt) up to hachidan (eighth dan)

Usually the early kyu ranks are skipped which is why I'm going for sankyu (3 kyu) right off.

Congratulations on your blue belt, Cure!

Good luck. Martial Arts is really something to learn, an not jsut for self defense. I'm glad that a lot of people here are so into it. I'm trying to get back to classes so I can get my 2nd degree black.

I hope you get that belt. But then, if you're going for it, I'm confident you're more than ready.

was it really worth to make a thread for this? couldn't you just have used the randomness thread? Or even better, your blog?

was it really worth to make a thread for this? couldn't you just have used the randomness thread? Or even better, your blog?

Chill dude. It's a thread in the Social forum to discuss martial arts that Bulbagardeners do. It also just happens to mention that Cure got his blue belt, which I think is kind of cool.

That's what's always bugged me, I'll see people doing the stupid 'Karate Chop!' thing, and treating it(martial arts in general) like it's stupid or something. But it's an art form, as well as self defense. I have ADD, and doing martial arts has helped me focus a ton more :)

Um... Sorry to brag here and everything, but I'm a Second-Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Doe. So I kind of beat you all. :D

And I also started Muay Thai recently, but I'm only a Yellow Sash with that so far.

In my dojo you can't be black belt until 16(maybe 17...) Anyway. I've been doing martial arts for what... maybe 4 years? I'm doing very well. Everyone else seems to be skipping past me, but the actual Sensei at the dojo doesn't approve, which is why it's starting to bother me. He's not around as much, so stuff's happening that shouldn't be >.<
I've been there longer then most at my rank, but one of the sensei's seriously disliked me 'cuz i got him in trouble by accident (XD) so he kinda didn't grade me as much... I'd arther not go into details. I'm also the youngest at my level currently, which they say is why I'm not being skipped as much. I don't even approve of skipping!
Oh well, what're you gunna do. :)

Congratulations!

A friend of mine practices karate and has a brown belt.

Um... Sorry to brag here and everything, but I'm a Second-Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Doe. So I kind of beat you all. :D

And I also started Muay Thai recently, but I'm only a Yellow Sash with that so far.

Hey, if I had known Kendo existed, then I would have started a long time ago. You all have the luxury of doing a martial art that the general populous has heard of.

That's what's always bugged me, I'll see people doing the stupid 'Karate Chop!' thing, and treating it(martial arts in general) like it's stupid or something. But it's an art form, as well as self defense. I have ADD, and doing martial arts has helped me focus a ton more :)

I'm starting to get that feeling every time I watch a Youtube video of someone displaying their "awesome ninjer sword skillz!".

Ugh so i went to get graded tonight.... and my main sensei wasn't there, so I still don't have my belt! great... still a green blackstripe >.>

Back
Top Bottom