• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

-FINISHED- Shippers' Paradise Short Story/Poetry Competition 2018

Sonic Scream
Reaction score
Nah, they've said before that it doesn't have to be related to Pokemon, just so long as it's obviously shipping.

So what you did would probably be fine.
Ohh.. actually you putting like that, I do understand much better now.
I was confused by the posting itself originally... didn't understand if it was supposed be put in a literal sense or figuratively tbh. I ended up using it metaphorically to explain something else in the end.

live fast die frequently
Reaction score
Having no clue what to write is fun.

Ah, well, it's 500-1000 words. Shouldn't be too hard to get through once I have an idea.

Don't Look Away
Reaction score
Can I have a story that is longer than 1000 words?

Cake and bunnies pls
Reaction score
Can I have a story that is longer than 1000 words?
Sorry, we are looking for it to be within the word limit so it is fair when it comes to judging the short stories. Like in academia, I will give a 10% tolerance (1,100 words max).

Pokemon Trainer since '98
Reaction score
I got mine (without the title) down to 1,099 words (from 1,450 so that's a big improvement), so I hope it's okay. I might do some more editing to bring it down a bit more but I'm not sure there's much more I can take out.

Cake and bunnies pls
Reaction score
I got mine (without the title) down to 1,099 words (from 1,450 so that's a big improvement), so I hope it's okay. I might do some more editing to bring it down a bit more but I'm not sure there's much more I can take out.
That’s alright! I appreciate the effort you have put in to cut it down. :)

Reaction score
Do we get to see the entries after the deadline pasts and we can't plagarize, or not?

Cake and bunnies pls
Reaction score
Do we get to see the entries after the deadline pasts and we can't plagarize, or not?
It will be up to the entrants as to whether they want to make their entries public. I will be contacting individual entrants after the competition is over.

Reaction score
Got mine edited a bit more (still couldn't reduce the word count much). Don't think I'll be able to do anything more with it so I went ahead and submitted it.

I'm so excited to see the results! Good luck to everyone!

Cake and bunnies pls
Reaction score
Will non-winners get feedback?
Yes we will give feedback for those that want it! The judging panel does consist of WW mods and others so we hope the feedback will be constructive! :)

Reaction score
Yes we will give feedback for those that want it! The judging panel does consist of WW mods and others so we hope the feedback will be constructive! :)
Anyway to indicate the interest?

Mine is yes by the way.

live fast die frequently
Reaction score
After the window for entries closes, can I add another part to the story before posting it elsewhere?

Cake and bunnies pls
Reaction score
After the window for entries closes, can I add another part to the story before posting it elsewhere?
Yes you can. But that part won’t be considered in the competition as you’ve already sent in your entry.

Reaction score
So when will we see the results? Today is the day

Cake and bunnies pls
Reaction score
So when will we see the results? Today is the day
The judging dates are in the rules. Today is final day for entry submission. Our judges are busy with their lives so judging will last two weeks.

Reaction score
I'm so excited! I get so anxious during judging sessions! I can't wait to see the results and I hope entrants will let us see their wonderful works!