• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire Emblem Fates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't play FE at the moment, and I need another e-shop card for RBY. I'm trying to finish Majora's Mask.

My guess is that NoE is handling their own translations. And perhaps the mild differences in the release schedules is making them think that releasing it later would do better for sales. It's still ridiculous that they don't even have a release window yet though.
From what I hear, the Australian version is generally more or less the same as the American one. Which brings up the next question of why don't they at least release the English-language versions with a smaller time gap? Or prioritize English (US/Canada/UK/Australia etc), French (Quebec/Belgium/France), and Spanish (Central and South America/Spain) first then a later release date for other European languages?

From what I hear, the Australian version is generally more or less the same as the American one. Which brings up the next question of why don't they at least release the English-language versions with a smaller time gap? Or prioritize English (US/Canada/UK/Australia etc), French (Quebec/Belgium/France), and Spanish (Central and South America/Spain) first then a later release date for other European languages?
This. Just this.
Should be a shorter gap for europe as I can't play against my friends there yet.

Fates shirt on The Yetee! There's also one with a character select screen with the Fates royals, Lucina, Tiki, Marth, Micaiah, Robin, the twins, Roy, and Chrom!
X1kL6LA.jpg

I'm a little frustrated because for the second time in Conquest the software experiences and error and forces my 3DS to restart. Thankfully it's always happened in the DLC battles but it's still irritating to have to redo them.

First S supports- Corrin/ Jakob, Effie/ Arthur. Now I'm not sure who to pair Kaze with.

I'm still not happy that Europe and Oceania have to wait until May 20 for the games. Everything will be spoiled by then. Is there any reason as to why they did it this late?

First S supports- Corrin/ Jakob, Effie/ Arthur. Now I'm not sure who to pair Kaze with.

I've paired Kaze with:

Azura - it's actually a really nice pairing. They get along really well and their S support is cute. It feels a lot more natural than a lot of her other S supports. Plus it can make a really good shigure if you hand down lethality or replicate.

Felicia - not as relevant because you won't be getting her for a long time. Still a nice S support though.

I'm still not happy that Europe and Oceania have to wait until May 20 for the games. Everything will be spoiled by then. Is there any reason as to why they did it this late?

Because Nintendo's localization teams don't do anything right.

Maybe it's just me, but...

Dwyer looks like L from Death Note.

It's not just you lol

Actually, I have other pairings plans for Azura. Maybe her and Kaze the next time.

Mitama is great
My best unit in Birthright
Solo'd the last map

Finally got my copy of Conquest. :D

It was supposed to arrive the week of release here, but I didn't get it till three weeks later. Thanks Gamestop Online Ordering.

I hate it though, starting the intro chapters I found Hinoka from Hoshido to be quite charming... before I joined the other army as per the Conquest choice I made at purchase. D:

Next playthrough... Next playthrough...

Random question for you all, I'm going to put important ending stuff for both games in spoilers, so if you haven't finished both Conquest and Birthright, don't look in the spoilers.

For those of you who have finished both main routes, which one did you find as more of a stomach punch?

For me, playing through Birthright (i played Birthright second) was way more painful than playing through Conquest. Reasons:

1. I avoided Kaze's death in chapter 15 (basically if you as the avatar don't have an A support with Kaze by the end of chapter 15, he sacrifices himself to save you and dies) in birthright. By accident actually. I really like Kaze as a character and as such I'd gotten a lot of his supports (including his with myself). Kinda bittersweet though because he lives only to see his wife die (Azura) at the end.

2. Flora. I liked her better than Felicia and to see her die like that in Birthright was :(

3. Lilith's deaths in both versions were comparable. I guess Birthright's was slightly less painful because you get to kick the shit out of Hans right after, which was quite satisfying. But poor fish dragon :(

4. Good god Elise's death. At the hand of Xander. Having played through Conquest and knowing just how much Xander loves his siblings (I'd gotten his A supports with all of his siblings as well as MU), good god it was horrible. I had to put down my DS for a minute after that one. Seeing Xander just break in front of you when throughout both games he was set up as the stoic warrior of Nohr... horrible.

5. Azura's death is way worse in Birthright than it is in Conquest. She just sorta walks off never to be seen again in Conquest but in birthright you have to watch her suffer in agony as she disintegrates.

6. The deaths of Takumi and Ryoma in Conquest were way less painful for me than Xander and Elise. Especially since I didn't kill Takumi by my own hand. Ryoma also was given the closure of knowing his sisters were safe, something that Xander didn't get. Especially since Xander killed his kid sister moments before.

7. While both games try to give you closure with the siblings you killed in the pre-Endgame scene, the Conquest run does it better. MU gets far more closure with Ryoma and Takumi than he does with Elise and Xander. While Elise's scene in that post-death realm was nice, there was so much that was left unsaid between MU and Xander. In conquest, MU also gets a nice bit of closure with his mother, something he doesn't get in Birthright.

8. I think it comes down to the fact that I like the Nohr royals more than the Hoshido royals, and that having Elise cut down by her own brother was far worse emotionally than anything the Conquest run threw at you.

Curious to hear people's thoughts on this one. I have finished Revelations as well, but will save thoughts on that for a couple weeks since most people haven't even started, let alone finished it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom