• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire Emblem Heroes Mafia |[Endgame - Mafia Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endgame - Mafia Wins!

Night 4 has ended, Game Over!

As the game dragged on and the Heroes' numbers dwindled, Peri soon found herself ostracized by those remaining as the stress of losing their comrades made them unwilling to tolerate her antics. That night, she went back to her quarters early in a huff and collapsed on their bed. She had only begun to relax, however, when a strange noise by their door got her attention. On the thought that an assassin was preparing to enter, Peri rushed out intending to get the first strike...and saw Feh dozing outside. Sighing in relief and mild confusion, she turned around and found herself facing a horde of decidely awake owls..

Dear Zachie, you are Peri.

The blissfully murderous cavalier who serves as one of the retainers of the crown prince of Nohr, you enjoy your station and the opportunities it offers, especially when you get to follow Prince Xander to war. You wonder why all the soldiers will just stare at you but disappear when you try to approach, however, it’s not like you want to kill everyone, really!

Due to your childish psychopathic nature which makes people (in and out of universe) not quite willing to interact with you at best, and very much wish you were gone at worst, you require one less vote to be lynched. In practice, this means that Hammer/Majority lynches on you trigger a vote sooner and vote ties will always break against you.

In short, you are the Town Hated.
You are aligned with the Town, and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated, or if nothing can prevent this from happening.
-By Skullcrow/Drift

Zachie was killed in the night! They were Peri, Town Hated.

Later on, Alfonse and Sharena, having heard of the proceedings going on, finally decided to go down and observe. All they found, however, was a large number of owls spread across the room and a familiar figure sitting quietly. "....Anna? Where is everyone, and why are there so many-?", Sharena began to ask, before "Anna" cut her off. "Oh, they found their way in here to kill everyone left last night, by my invitation. Death by owl is entertainingly slow to watch, don't you know~?, they giggled. "Anna, explain yourself. What are you talking about?" Alfonse ordered, advancing on her only to be halted by a flurry of owl beaks. "Anna" walked over to him smiling. "Oh, don't worry, pretty idiot prince. I and my friends just cleaned up all the trash you gathered to finally put an end to this war. Now, I have business with Princess Veronica, so I'll have to cut this off~, they snickered as their axe swung out. Sharena yelled for help, but finding no answer, was quickly smothered under a rush of owls as the one with Anna's appearance, on their way out, took her form and grinned mockingly. "You're rather pretty yourself, I must admit~ I have to say though, your group exceeded my expectations, it was boringly easy to deal with you all. Especially once I got that little summoner of yours in the palm of my hands~ Ah, yes, how rude of me to forgot introducing myself! You can call me Loki. Not that it matters since all I'll know you personally for is how you scream right now." Loki turned and walked out as the flock of owls set to work..

Mafia have achieved parity! Alolan Ninetales, Space, and Ted Wiggins have died in endgame.

Dear Alolan Ninetails, you are Lukas.

The reliable lieutenant of the Deliverance fighting to liberate Zofia from corrupt rule and defend it from invasion by the neighboring Rigel, you served loyally under both Clive and Alm despite having been forced into enlisting by your stepbrother to get you out of the way.

Being a slow-moving but physically and defensively strong armored knight, your main role is defense and holding the line against enemy units. As such, you are able to stand guard over another at night, halting and repelling any that come to harm them.

In short, you are the Town Doctor.

You are aligned with the Town, and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated, or if nothing can prevent this from happening.

-By Skullcrow/Drift

Dear Space, you are Wrys.

You’re just a humble priest, who cannot fight but does carry a staff to heal the wounded.

....In other words, not much.. You don’t really have much character either besides being your generic kind priest who ends up running an orphanage, but hey, at least you have a decent skill in this game! And your (lack of) hairstyle is quite easy to manage, don’t you agree?

As you’re a generic and unremarkable unit at best, you have no specific powers or traits, as vanilla a character as there is.

In short, you are the Town Vanilla.

Dear Ted Wiggins, you are Legion.

You are Legion. Many are Legion. Legion is many. Which Legion is real? Which ones are fake? Who knows? UWHEE HEE HEE!

You have way too many clones to count, and all are the same as you, so you get twice as many votes from your clones. So if you vote for someone that has a bandwagon and is close to hammer, they are that much closer to hammer. That also means if they have no votes on them and you vote for them, that automatically puts them at 2 votes.

In short, you are the Double Voter.

-made by returnofMCH-

Feenie, Froyo, and SoaringDylan have won!

Hi there Feenie, you are Ike.

You made your first appearance in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, where you were the leader of the Greil Mercenaries in the stead of your late father Greil. Throughout both of your appearances where you were the protagonist, you held the goal of defeating the man who killed your father: The Black Knight. You finally achieve this goal after a one-on-one duel in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. You appear in Fire Emblem Heroes as a Red Sword wielding Infantry unit. In this game, you have signed a mercenary contract with the Mafia, putting you on their side.

You have proven that you have incredible physical strength, as you are able to wield two-handed swords such as Ragnell in a single hand with no visible strain, even being able to easily toss it around for your Aether technique. Due to this, you are a 1x Strongman. During one night only, you can use your incredible strength to overpower and negate any and all forms of protection that may be on the Mafia’s Night Kill target.This ability can only be used if you are the one performing the kill. You can do this by adding “they’ll get no sympathy from me” to the end of the Night Kill input.

You are aligned with the Mafia, and win once you outnumber the Town, or nothing can stop this from happening.

-Role PM written by Lone_Garurumon

Dear Froyo, you are Kiran.

You’re the notorious Summoner that you, the player, are in Fire Emblem Heroes. With your magical pistol, you’re capable of firing actual people out of your gun, allowing you to pretty much hire people to do your bidding for the low low cost of anywhere between 3 and 5 Orbs. You also run the barracks and organize all of the deployment formations of your squad. Life as the commander is sweet, but you’re tired of all of your units hogging the glory that you rightfully deserve. You’re the one calling the shots, after all!

Because you’re aware of where all of your units are at all times, and who’s going where to do what, you have the ability to always know what everyone is doing. Redundant, much? Well, you’re going to put this redundancy to the best use you’re capable of! During each night, you’ll automatically learn of every player that visits another player. You won’t learn what they do, nor will you learn who they visit...I mean, all you do is see people leave your barracks while you hang out summoning waifus

In short, you are the Mafia Mass Follower.

You are aligned with the Mafia, and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated, or if nothing can prevent this from happening.

-Written by Elieson

Dear SoaringDylan, you are Feh.

A seemingly lovable owl with a cute voice, you are for some reason unknown to mankind scum in this game. You also run your own youtube channel and sometimes speak in Anna’s place at the bottom of a news article. You also deliver the gifts from the Outrealms to The Order of Heroes on a daily basis.

Due to being on The Order of Heroes as a deliverer of gifts, you are the Godfather, Meaning any and all cop checks will make you show up as Town. You are also one of over 200 types of owls (and still in the lead over the 160-ish different types of heroes) so you can completely overwhelm another player from being able to do anything with your will. Respond to your RolePM with Night X: God is an owl, [player]. You'll stop [Player] from being able to act during this night.

In short, you are the Godfather/Roleblocker.

You are aligned with the Mafia, and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated, or if nothing can prevent this from happening.

-made by returnofMCH/Elieson-

I'll leave the usual postgame stuff to Elie~ this was a disappointingly boring rout, honestly

Welp, looks like that's game everybody. Congratulations to the Mafia, and better luck next time to the Town.

I'd just like to give a big thanks to Elie for being the host of this game. I honestly didn't expect to be getting so involved in the setup/PM writing/thread updating as we ended up being, but it was a great experience. Thanks for having me on as a student for this ride.
And of course thanks to Zexy for MoD-ing.

Shit. I didn't get to claim bomb this game :(

Thoughts following later :) Gg everyone

Yes, we won! Congratulations team.;) Thank you to the hosts for the game and letting me play, I had a fun time! It was a bit inactive, but from the activity we had it was a good time. I enjoyed it and I was happy to get Ike lol. Great job to everyone involved.

The point of this game was to be a relatively standard game, so that the host mentees could learn a little bit about how-to-build a game, and how to run it at the same time. @Lone_Garurumon took off with the in-thread updates and did a lot of work in unfamiliar territory with Results distribution, and did a bang-up job with it. @returnofMCH did a bunch with flavor assistance during the pre-game. @Drift did a lot, and I'd like to offer him special thanks for really taking off with the game build, in doing what's arguably the most important part of building a game, Role Design & Balance, as well as some of what the others did. @DarthWolf sat in and was involved in the chat, though he joined towards the end, so I think he was able to keep up with Behind the Scenes stuff much more, in what I believe was his first true hosting exercise.

It was a great endeavor. I'm truly happy with @Drift and @Lone_Garurumon, the latter of whom, has almost 0 hosting experience prior to this, and yet, was able to help out with game development, in a world of flavor that he had 0 understanding of before hand.

1 Standard Alignment Cop **Cop**
2 Active/Passive Checker **APC**
3 Standard Doctor **Doc**
4 2-shot Jailkeeper **2x JK**
5 Doublevoter **Mayor**
6 Hated (Required 1 less vote to be lynched) **Hated**
7 Jack of all Trades: Miller & 1x Neighborizer / 1x Post Restriction Enforcer / 1x Announcer (Loses Miller after using all three 1x roles) **Jack**
8 Vanilla **Vanilla**

1 **Mass Follower**
2 **Godfather + Roleblocker**
3 **1x Strongman**

•Highest•
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Jailkeeper
Everything Else
•Lowest•

A couple of things worth discussing are the Vote Modifier roles; the Mayor and the Hated. As it was agreed on by the developers, keeping the second vote hidden from votals and keeping the hated hammer status hidden was necessary to prevent the mods from completely proving who could be telling the truth and who could be lying. There are simple ways to test these things out:

• When a mayor (doublevoter) claims, set up a Tie scenario and let the mayor remain on one person. The rules stated that ties = no lynches, and having two candidates worth lynching would set the mayor up for role confirmation, and either get a player lynched (confirming a role and some alignment) or prove that the mayor claim is lying and opens a whole new world up
  • The "Hated" player would basically always have one vote already on them, and loses in all ties. It's a role that contradicts the rules to a sense, but also, is explained by itself via immediate claim and something worth testing only in necessary scenarios. A cop check on a hated claim is an ultra safe move, as it's practically a miller that comes up as town. Of course, it's dangerous to test, but it's easy to get around via both the cop and the Active/Passive checker.
  • Mafia's Mass Follow was a powerful role, because it let mafia know who had powers and who didn't. The catch to this is that they are forced to attempt to kill people who, well, have acted, but have no idea if players had reciprocal damaging roles or other modifiers that could punish them. It also told them nothing of the powers, just who moved and who didn't move. It's a role that forces some aggressive claimplay from town in dire circumstances, but early on, simply gives mafia a better sense of where to aim. They all had ways to be caught.

Games should typically run primary categories of roles in no more than 25% of the game's total player count:

• Investigation
• Protective
• Number Control (Killing)

There can be, and in this game's case, should be, some other roles that are effectively "useless" in helping the game figure out alignment by power alone, or keeping people alive by the same means. This means that we could throw in simple vote-modifier roles, OC roles, or just roles that don't seem to really bestow any real power unless used by people who can communicate in tandem with the role to obtain value. In a game without OC, a neighbor role can be both super powerful and super risky, because sharing info in private from one townie to say, a cop, could be incredibly helpful.

Also, I, as a host thinking as a player, strive to make all games last up until D3 unless extremely role heavy or small in player count (a 7 player game can't last that long, duh). In the essence of maintaining that point, so the players have three dedicated days minimum to play, this game won't include any Killing roles (Vig/Bomb).

Finally, with an open "No gimmicks" setup, I'm suggesting that Third Party roles be entirely excluded from design, as to not overcomplicate things. This is a lesson in game development and balance...what's most important is to understand the core of a good game (that being, Town and Mafia) and from there, ITPs can be designed as necessary.

Once the game's officially been build on Role Design, then the flavor can be built. In a game like this, Roles and Flavor don't necessarily have to tie super tightly to each other...in fact, it's frowned upon from my point of view to go for a super linear association of Roles to Characters (I.E. doing a Who Framed Roger Rabbit Movie Mafia, and making Roger Rabbit the Miller). It's too obvious, and detracts from the experience for the players, when they don't need to use their brains to try to discover if somebody is lying or telling the truth or whatever.

The main reason this is an issue is because just as it's easy for town to claim "Obvious" roles for a character, they can just as easily have scum do the same, or easily figure out who could be what just by educated guess work and utilizing Google-Fu. Roles that make sense for a character are fine, especially when other varieties of powers could exist for that character just the same (I.E. in a Pokemon-themed Mafia, making a Psychic Type like Alakazam into a Cop, Tracker, Informed, Redirector...there's a bunch of possibilities here).

Additionally, applying a twist of randomizing characters to roles allows your players to form their own opinions without ever having to be afraid to share something. Having a role that more or less recommends that you don't claim is one thing (Doctor), but being forbidden to claim who you are with grounds that it would make the game too easy to figure out in and of itself is an issue that's easy to avoid by simple randomization (I.E. claiming to be Goku or avoiding claiming Cell in a DBZ Mafia).

In essence, you want your players to feel free to do as much as they want in order to come up with their own answers, and if they decide to use their heads to assume who could be allied with whom, or who could have what role, then it's their fault if the answer comes back either correct or incorrect. It's not using your head when having a bare minimum understanding of the source material automatically answers questions about the game from the word GO.

Again, thank you to @Zexy for assisting me in running this game while Hurricane Harvey set my life up for fantastic distractions, and thank you to the Mentees for working so hard behind the scenes and making sure that this game could run as smoothly as possible. I hope all the players enjoyed the game and that everyone can walk away from this learning a thing or two about building a game that everyone can enjoy!

Three Mafia in an 11 player game with a Town Hated and Miller... I would like to say good game but the balance was not balanced at all. It was possible for Town to win, but it requires a lot more effort than the Mafia's.

Congratulations to the mafia! It was a well deserved win :) And thanks to @Elieson, @Drift, @Lone_Garurumon and @Zexy for all having an input into this game.

I think town was a little underpowered, but not too bad. I like my post restriction though. I had a lot of fun with that.

But the worst thing about this game, was how dare you put Ike with the mafia! :p So sad... jk. It was a great game.

Congratulations to the mafia! It was a well deserved win :) And thanks to @Elieson, @Drift, @Lone_Garurumon and @Zexy for all having an input into this game.

I think town was a little underpowered, but not too bad. I like my post restriction though. I had a lot of fun with that.

But the worst thing about this game, was how dare you put Ike with the mafia! :p So sad... jk. It was a great game.
you forgot me...............

Elie actually encouraged us to go unexpected with the roles and alignments. And with a basis like FEH, where pretty much anyone could be a bad guy just by signing a contract, it just worked out perfectly. Heck, why else would freaking Feh be the Godfather? I just picked Ike since he was the first one to come to mind for Strongman.

Thank you for letting me play! I had fun! :)

However, I had a few criticisms. In role PMs, I wasn't exactly sure if I had a night action or if I didn't really have a role other than being called a doctor. I wish that was made more clear, and it felt like town was underpowered. I feel like if the group was bigger, it would've worked out, but for such a small group, it made it rather difficult for town to get the victory.

haha, I tried to hint at Rocket Queen being cop when I said I had a theory. I realised too late that I should've claimed Miller early, but I wasn't sure if people would believe it outright or just go "you're hiding your guilt!"

Congrats Mafia~

Congratulations to the mafia! That was a nice trio.

Thanks to Elieson for hosting and a big congrats to Drift and LG who did some really nice work as mentee hosts.
I'd also like to thank all the FE fans that are fellow Discord staff (Rocket Queen, Alolan Ninetales and Froyo) for coming in TWR for a game, it sure shook things up.
This was Froyo's first game in TWR and it was also a new experience for Ted and Cherub, hope they enjoyed it.
But of course, I should also thank all the players in general, it is them who make or break the game after all.

I'd like to apologize for not being as much of a help as I originally planned due to the of the reduced activity I had to get in because of family matters, but I'm glad to see that the others kept the game running totally well and there was no need for MoD intervention either who would dare breaking rules when RQ is playing right lol
I didn't have a say in the setup, everything was ready by the time I entered as a mentor/MoD. Neither did I manage to look over it enough to deduce how balanced it was, but I have faith in Elie and think that even if it was slightly pro-mafia as some have suggested, it wasn't to the point it was game-breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom