• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Which House will you Choose

• Adrestian Empire

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Holy Kingdom of Faerghus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leicester Alliance

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks interesting, though the voice acting from what I've heard is appalling. Not FE's best work, and hasn't been since FE Warriors.

Also, "Three Houses" had BETTER not be another repeat of Fates. If so, they're not getting my money.

It looks interesting, though the voice acting from what I've heard is appalling. Not FE's best work, and hasn't been since FE Warriors.

Also, "Three Houses" had BETTER not be another repeat of Fates. If so, they're not getting my money.
What was wrong with Fates?

Old school players tend not to like Awakening >

I do see why people dislike Fates as you effectively had to buy at least two games; As if you bought one game you also had to buy the expansion to get the good ending iirc...

Personally I loved all 3 Fates games especially Conquest. I’m super excited for Three Houses just hope it’s not as barren on the map as it looked in the finished game.

Also better have classic mode!!!

Old school players tend not to like Awakening >

I do see why people dislike Fates as you effectively had to buy at least two games; As if you bought one game you also had to buy the expansion to get the good ending iirc...

Personally I loved all 3 Fates games especially Conquest. I’m super excited for Three Houses just hope it’s not as barren on the map as it looked in the finished game.

Also better have classic mode!!!
I bought Fates because it had Phoenix Mode. I disliked the "permanent death" system that the series has.

I bought Fates because it had Phoenix Mode. I disliked the "permanent death" system that the series has.

All the games since awakening have had a causal mode not a jibe I think its actually called that in Awakening. For me Awakening is the best overall game although I thought Echoes had a more engaging story

The composition of the story split into three parts. Terrible plot. Horrible dialogue. The gameplay was okay, obviously I play Lunatic/Classic on Conquest twice a year, but Hoshido and Revelations aren't worth it with that irritating EXP gimp. Rev is a little better, though, because you can speedrun and save valuable skills in the logbook for Nohr.

So long's Three Houses comes in one part and not in pieces, I'm okay.

All the games since awakening have had a causal mode not a jibe I think its actually called that in Awakening. For me Awakening is the best overall game although I thought Echoes had a more engaging story

You're correct. It is called Casual mode, as is the same with Fates. Phoenix Mode is an addition only available in Normal Mode IIRC.

Awakening has over 600 hours on my 3DS, so I might tend to agree with you. Echoes I only liked for Berkut, but since the game is a remake of a NES/Famicom, it's a lot like Shadow Dragon for DS. It's very linear, and I find the 'twist' on the end plot distasteful to the original.

Fates was kind of a mess writing-wise, but I love it anyway. I can't help it; the characters stole my heart, man.

This looks like it's going to be a fun and interesting game. Hopefully I'll finally get around to finishing Echoes before this game comes out (I haven't played Echoes since November, oops).

Fates was kind of a mess writing-wise, but I love it anyway. I can't help it; the characters stole my heart, man.

This looks like it's going to be a fun and interesting game. Hopefully I'll finally get around to finishing Echoes before this game comes out (I haven't played Echoes since November, oops).
I always pair Corrin and Camilla together. <3

Smh forgetting new mystery had casual too.
Also part of the controversary around phoenix mode is that it removes any and all strategy from an SRPG which quite literally stands for strategic rpg, it’s fine that you play it, but it’s not how the game was meant to be played originally. Even casual mode still gives you a sense of strategy as game overs are still constant threat and as you lose more troops you still lose your chance of winning against the boss. Which is why I prefer doing casual runthroughs my first time playing, and move to classic on a second or third play once I have a feel for the mechanics

Smh forgetting new mystery had casual too.
Also part of the controversary around phoenix mode is that it removes any and all strategy from an SRPG which quite literally stands for strategic rpg, it’s fine that you play it, but it’s not how the game was meant to be played originally. Even casual mode still gives you a sense of strategy as game overs are still constant threat and as you lose more troops you still lose your chance of winning against the boss. Which is why I prefer doing casual runthroughs my first time playing, and move to classic on a second or third play once I have a feel for the mechanics
Everyone seems to be forgetting that Phoenix Mode is optional, and there are harder difficulties. I personally dislike losing against CPU opponents.

I like the art style. That's about all I've got so far, both good and bad. We just don't know enough yet to say much more than that. Also with the names, it seems very possible that they're taking some cues from the European conflicts in the 19th and 20th centuries (the names of the lords and their territories point to a British / French style nation, a Germanic nation and a Russian / Slavic nation). Which could be interesting.

Picking Golden Deer cause Claude >>>> the other two. Also Byleth's female design is kinda meh looking tbh, something about her just looks off to me; well regardless I'm gonna keep Byleth in his male default design since he looks cooler (that and he's pretty cute), though I wish they didn't make Byleth into an Avatar. Ah well at least we finally got a release date though and I already pre-ordered the Seasons of Warfare Edition before they sold out like hotcakes. (I just really wanted the calendar tbh)

Overall, I’m pleased we finally got some news and a release date! Like Tactician Karina, was hoping Byleth wasn’t an avatar but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. Hovering towards the default design since I quite like it. No luck on the special edition unfortunately but I’ll keep trying.

Edit: I'm not necessarily done with the 3 routes yet but I ended up starting with the Blue Lions instead haha. I was intrigued at how Dimitri ended the way he did based off the trailer(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of questions.

First, in this game, you become...a teacher, correct?

And second, is "Phoenix Mode" confirmed? If not, I'll pass on this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom