• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Which House will you Choose

• Adrestian Empire

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Holy Kingdom of Faerghus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leicester Alliance

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of questions.

First, in this game, you become...a teacher, correct?

And second, is "Phoenix Mode" confirmed? If not, I'll pass on this game.
  1. Yes.
  2. There'll most definitely be a casual mode, not sure if they'll bring back phoenix mode exactly. Even if they don't, you'll still be able to keep your units after completing a map anyway if you play through casual, so it shouldn't matter I'm sure.

1. Yes.
  2. There'll most definitely be a casual mode, not sure if they'll bring back phoenix mode exactly. Even if they don't, you'll still be able to keep your units after completing a map anyway if you play through casual, so it shouldn't matter I'm sure.
What if the final boss wipes out my whole team?

Then you try again, maybe try a different strategy or use different characters.
Or realize I'd wasted money as I'd have to restart the game because my pairing up my own character with the hot chick ended up being a mistake even though I like that couple, and then sell the game after?

Or realize I'd wasted money as I'd have to restart the game because my pairing up my own character with the hot chick ended up being a mistake even though I like that couple, and then sell the game after?
Why would you feel that you need to return the game just cause you lost the final battle? If there is a similar mechanic of pair up with buffs in this game, you don't have to restart and use a different pairing lmao, just use the same pairing but a different strategy and/or characters. A lot of people pair off their avatar for characters they simply like, no different from what you do.

Why would you feel that you need to return the game just cause you lost the final battle? If there is a similar mechanic of pair up with buffs in this game, you don't have to restart and use a different pairing lmao, just use the same pairing but a different strategy and/or characters. A lot of people pair off their avatar for characters they simply like, no different from what you do.
And if I can't win no matter what strategy I use?

And if I can't win no matter what strategy I use?
that's theoretically impossible in any FE game, the game's whole philosophy like most SRPGs is that you can always win with a strategy if you try your hardest, even if you think you're stuck in a rut mechanics wise chances are you're not. I speak from experience in FFT ps1, which is a brutally hard SRPG but comes with that ideal in mind and I managed winning the game with low tier jobs and no named characters besides ramza. the only SRPG I believe doesn't follow that philosophy is super robot wars.
like I get you don't want permadeath, but casual mode is a good replacement for permadeath while keeping the strategic elements of an SRPG, I beat new mystery of the emblem on causal, and that game is considered really difficult for a new player, it was my first FE so I made very unoptimal plays according to the fanbase but still ended up winning.
just do what you like :)

that's theoretically impossible in any FE game, the game's whole philosophy like most SRPGs is that you can always win with a strategy if you try your hardest, even if you think you're stuck in a rut mechanics wise chances are you're not. I speak from experience in FFT ps1, which is a brutally hard SRPG but comes with that ideal in mind and I managed winning the game with low tier jobs and no named characters besides ramza. the only SRPG I believe doesn't follow that philosophy is super robot wars.
like I get you don't want permadeath, but casual mode is a good replacement for permadeath while keeping the strategic elements of an SRPG, I beat new mystery of the emblem on causal, and that game is considered really difficult for a new player, it was my first FE so I made very unoptimal plays according to the fanbase but still ended up winning.
just do what you like :)
I'll think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom