• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire in the Garden: Kanto Starters Mafia: Endgame, Bulbasaur Victory

Sorry for being late to the party ,but I wana say one thing this zexy dude is setting up others so that he might get away with this game.People tend to make assumptions about others but in reality they are trying to hide their backs from being exposed.To tell the truth I don't care about winning or losing this game, I just want to contribute by being able to make this game a bit fun and enjoyable.From what I have observed zexy is ticking off many red flags that he might prove to be the mafia and by eliminating others he can achieve his goal ,or if I am wrong with this he might be a town.I vote zexy
vote:zexy

There is not much I can say as a defense, this is something any one can say about any one else, and it does hold true almost always. A bit too generalised. It reads more as if you are voting for someone voting against you rather than anything else.

@wissen schaftler is being subbed out due to rules violations. He will not be permitted to make further posts in the thread or discuss the game with an players in it.
Weird. Inactivity can't be the reason so there must've been something wrong behind the scenes.

Anyway...
I've gotta re-read the last 3 pages in a more calm situation, have only been loosely following up.
Shouldn't take longer than an hour (unless the thread suddenly starts completely escalating, which might happen as jaison just popped in apparently).

That may be the case but going after someone that has is less online or offline is pretty shady and ticking off red flags in my defense

That may be the case but going after someone that has is less online or offline is pretty shady and ticking off red flags in my defense
Unfortunately for you wissen said you are mafia and that somehow is a rules violation, which seems like too much of a slip up.

I would like to ask just one thing... Why vote me and not Caps? How is he less suspicious?

I can't vote two persons at a time, so I place my bets on one person at a time .If i am wrong with doing so ,so be it. No hard feelings.

I can't vote two persons at a time, so I place my bets on one person at a time .If i am wrong with doing so ,so be it. No hard feelings.
So you just admitted the only reason you think we are scum are because we vote for you and also did not even bother explaining why you picked one over the other, only that you had to and do not care if you are wrong, and if you win or lose as you said earlier...

I rest my case

This is not townie logic. This is either indep, or scum, or, at worst, just a very low opportunity cost lynch of an unsportsmanlike townie.

Sorry for being late to the party ,but I wana say one thing this zexy dude is setting up others so that he might get away with this game.People tend to make assumptions about others but in reality they are trying to hide their backs from being exposed.To tell the truth I don't care about winning or losing this game, I just want to contribute by being able to make this game a bit fun and enjoyable.From what I have observed zexy is ticking off many red flags that he might prove to be the mafia and by eliminating others he can achieve his goal ,or if I am wrong with this he might be a town.I vote zexy
Bold to me kinda reads like admission of guilt.

Raven has been accused of doing this already, as well as myself, tangentially, by Mido. What about Zexy's actions make him seem more malicious than Raven or I?

Also - Have you played the game of Mafia before?

@Mint Elv @Pikochu my reasoning was that since Piko voted wissen, I would rather vote jaison instead, that is the exact opposite of following the wagon

My vote for Wissen had no rhyme or reason. It was chosen amongst the inactive, which at the time, did not have any posts at all. You decided to join the counterwagon not started by you because I started a wagon. I'm curious as to why you didn't start a counter-counter wagon then with Jaime at the time.

I get that, but it doesn't change the fact that everstone might be a neg utility item in the game lol

I think at this point, the everstone isn't relevant right now. My concern is that we might be everstone hunting rather than scumhunting.

Definitely agree that Mido would have just bussed, so no w/w between mido & the other two.

What is there for Mido to bus at this point? I'm failing to see that.

Raven and Mido and even Piko are all far more active and will have more opportunities to out themselves if scum. Lynching wissen's empty slot makes little sense, but we need to find out about them. Jamie is also likely to be subbed, we will get more interactions with that slot and Raven in the future. Jaison however does not seem like the kind of active person that, if let be today, will give us enough to read them on the next few days. Their flip gives us far more on everyone else.

Lets not forget about you and Snowy. And I thought wissen is the one that's going to be subbed.

On Mido voting Caps, I do not think it is a good idea for actives to target other actives day 1, but this is the kind of interaction that can pay off hard if only one is scum. Problem is chances wise these kinds of things happen a lot between two town and keep the game behind. There is also the super rare case of two scum staging it. I usually prefer doing that kind of case against someone only after we have at least one flip they have acted suspiciously on.

Oh look, a WIFOM.

From what I have observed zexy is ticking off many red flags that he might prove to be the mafia and by eliminating others he can achieve his goal ,or if I am wrong with this he might be a town.I

Can you point to specifics that supports it? I'm also curious as to why you think Caps is sus.

I was the one who brought you up as a lynch candidate in the first place, even if I've not voted you. Why not go after me first then, given that I'm the one who got the stone rolling to begin with?
Unfortunately for you wissen said you are mafia and that somehow is a rules violation, which seems like too much of a slip up.
I really hope that's not the reason, this would suck unbearably and I'ld feel really sorry for DawningWinds if that's the case, especially given how long it took to fill the game to begin with :(

What is there for Mido to bus at this point? I'm failing to see that.
If either wissen or Jaison are mafia, I think it would make the most sense (and be in mido's nature) to bus them rather than divert attention elsewhere. The idea being just shed off the inactive weight & get some cred in the process. She didn't do that, so I don't think that Mido is necessarily mafia with either wissen or Jaison here.

My vote for Wissen had no rhyme or reason. It was chosen amongst the inactive, which at the time, did not have any posts at all. You decided to join the counterwagon not started by you because I started a wagon. I'm curious as to why you didn't start a counter-counter wagon then with Jaime at the time.

Lets not forget about you and Snowy. And I thought wissen is the one that's going to be subbed.

Oh look, a WIFOM.

Can you point to specifics that supports it? I'm also curious as to why you think Caps is sus.
All I said at the time was that unlike a jaison wagon which was only in Raven's interest at the time, a wissen one was also in yours. Which gave me slightly more reason for you to be scum and them town, just because it was pushed harder when it originally mattered, but I did not speak in absolutes about it, just a hunch based on probabilities.

Honestly, right now, I believe Raven and Caps have pushed harder their respective cases than you ever did. But I do also believe wissen and jaison both have high chance of flipping mafia.

@Snowy has not posted enough for me to start getting reads on

As for you, Piko, you did remove the vote quickly after they talked, so you are a different case than the others, not sure how this will go yet. We will see looking forward depending on what else you post, honestly you are not high on my suspect list for now though.

Stating that you believe another player to be Mafia, with any level of truth or certainty, is NOT understood to be a violation of the rules. This had no impact on wissen's substitution.

Thanks for the clarification... But the hunch still stands. I would rather not start a meta discussion on this within the game thread, but it is very possible that both what wissen said about jaison was true and the rest all hold, these things are not mutually exclusive even if unrelated.

Why feel the need to say you’re not charmander? Why would anyone openly admit to it?
To show that I'm offended at your bad taste, not offended because the statement was about me :bulbaLove:

Anyway looking at this, wissen guy feels like a troll and can someone explain the logic behind people thinking he outed a scum buddy? I'm not following

My belief is that wissen did not have enough of an understanding of the game, outed jaison, then they had some sort of fight in scum chat and wissen violated some rule

Even if wissen is town/indep though, I am not a fan of jaison's generalised lackluster arguments anyway, and genuinely believe their flip will help us get reads on lots of people (in conjunction with who the mafia chooses to kill), including Raven Mido Caps me, maybe even Piko and Lich King.

do we know that this was the rules violation? i dont see anything in the rules list covering it.
No we do not know it for sure and in fact our host Dawning made a clarification since, but both Caps and I have a strong hunch these are related anyway

Besides this is no longer just about lynching an inactive who may or may not be outed, but rather someone whose points are a bit sus and who more than half the players commented on, the one person whose flip gives us the more reads tomorrow

is it lackluster though? for day one it's hard to have really solid points against someone
i think inactive towns can easily be taken advantage of by scum and this was a pretty inactive town (admittedly i am not helping matters) until you guys pushed on one of the people who hadn't confirmed. maybe i need to look over this thread again

…so Zexy is mafia for playing the game?
…glad the thread did that…

I would like to ask just one thing... Why vote me and not Caps? How is he less suspicious?
Didn’t see DWs post when I quoted this but even ignoring it. Why would the host ever consider accusing someone as mafia a rule violation? That’s utterly ridiculous.
So you just admitted the only reason you think we are scum are because we vote for you and also did not even bother explaining why you picked one over the other, only that you had to and do not care if you are wrong, and if you win or lose as you said earlier...

I rest my case

This is not townie logic. This is either indep, or scum, or, at worst, just a very low opportunity cost lynch of an unsportsmanlike townie.
Have you met Jinjo? Also you honestly ignored his reasoning of it’s not that you voted him specifically but the act of going after inactives.
Bold to me kinda reads like admission of guilt.
How? Because enjoying the GAME is more important than winning?
Thanks for the clarification... But the hunch still stands. I would rather not start a meta discussion on this within the game thread, but it is very possible that both what wissen said about jaison was true and the rest all hold, these things are not mutually exclusive even if unrelated.
No. It’s not. The host went out of their way to clarify which implies it’s unrelated to the accusation.

Back
Top Bottom