• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire in the Garden: Kanto Starters Mafia: Endgame, Bulbasaur Victory

...I'm pretty sure Ex doesn't actually think you invented Mafia, that seems like a joke.
Dmitry Davidoff did, but it was a simplistic prison game that became party game.

I am not sure who actually invented the modern forum form with all the role madness. Or which site it started from and who brought it to Bulba and opened up TWR. It has been around in Bulba since at least 2012 when I joined, but I would not actually discover it for 2 more years.

...I'm pretty sure Ex doesn't actually think you invented Mafia, that seems like a joke.
And yeah I got the cue it is a joke, just wanted to make clear I do not want to be given more credit than I am due, which is what the joke suggested, because I really am not a fan of how formatting and intuition-messy I was this game.

Mido was right on lots of the things she said, I would just not admit it until I was sure she was town, and thus meant 100% of it instead of some being fair and some made up.

Actually did some archive searching...

First attempt 2009 (failed), first successful attempt 2010, both based on how Smogon already did it. Pretty sure that was just FnG then, for TWR to become autonomous several games would have to be run.

Yeah I owe an apology to Mido too (Piko and Dawning I already told in Discord).

My town game, despite catching us one scum, was a formatting, angleshooting and sometimes even self-confused mess. That would not catch us the other two scum anytime soon.

I really need to take a step back and rethink if getting back to playing mafia is really a good idea.
Or just step back during mafias when you’re feeling heated. You never calmed down on the posting. Whenever I feel annoyed or heated I’ll either take a step back from the thread or redirect my attention to something else. You never took that step back and your game got worse because you didn’t take time to cool it.

Or just step back during mafias when you’re feeling heated. You never calmed down on the posting. Whenever I feel annoyed or heated I’ll either take a step back from the thread or redirect my attention to something else. You never took that step back and your game got worse because you didn’t take time to cool it.
Fair enough. I did calm down after the Piko flip compared to before it, but could do better.

Dmitry Davidoff did, but it was a simplistic prison game that became party game.

I am not sure who actually invented the modern forum form with all the role madness. Or which site it started from and who brought it to Bulba and opened up TWR. It has been around in Bulba since at least 2012 when I joined, but I would not actually discover it for 2 more years.
I consider Rayne and Ryuutakeshi/Falconwing to be the "founders of TWR." IIRC there were a couple of others who helped make mafia more popular here.

Edit: Yeah, Mijzelfan also helped with his BMGF Mafia series.

Yes, please stick around for more games. And sorry for suspecting you, it is not your fault wissen as mafia did something so absurd (fake scum slip someone they seem to know when actually scum, I have not seen anyone do something that crazy for a scum strategy before), but then broke rules and subbed out, and the sub was inactive too.

Sorry for the let down on the sub, guys.

I was reluctant to join because the theme and ruleset didn't inspire a lot of interest to me personally. I offered to sub in though, since we're all bros here.

And then I forgot

And then when I remembered, I had a rock bust through my car's windshield while driving to get my car's battery replaced. Friday->Saturday were spent dealing with buckets of car trouble and clean-up, and I got so absorbed in that, that I let this slide even harder.

Congratulations Bulbasaurs! Once again proving you are Kanto's best starter!

Snowy has a meta of subbing out when scum
Gee, thanks Zexy. Tell me how you really feel.

Actually, truth is that I felt like my head was going to split open for a few days there and I just couldn't process any posts. Subbing out seemed like the only option. :)

Back
Top Bottom