• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire-Type 5th Gen Predictions

jjx8672

-GaMeR-jAy-
Reaction score
If you ask me, the Fire-types lack a variety. We barely have over 20.
in my opinion, we need to stop overmaking water and grass types and try designing a few more fire types. Why? Well 1 I'm a pyro and 2 there are just too few of them. Here are my suggestions.

Animal wise: Komodo Dragon, Lemur, Lion (yes, I know Entei is lion-ish and fiery), or a hyena. I designed a hyena fire type b4.

What are you guy's suggestions? Strictly fire types

We are at least getting a fire starter if they remain true to form, but with the lack of other Fire types last time, it's not looking good. As for predicting an animal to make into a Fire type, I would like to point out that during the fourth gen development, we predicted a squirrel pokemon, only it would be a Normal type. Turns out they made it Electric instead. Long story short, the design team can pretty much make anything into anything.

True, I predicted a water hippo for obvious reasons but they literally grounded my idea

Fire types aren't really interesting to me. I would like to see some new type combinations that include the fire type (bug/fire type fire ant has been mentioned a few times and would be cool)

I hope there's even fewer than Diamond and Pearl so I can feed on the tears of people crying about how there aren't any Fire-types in [Gen V region]. There's over 30 Fire Pokemon, which is more than I can say multiple other types, but for some reason everybody whined about the lack of Fire in Sinnoh in particular.

Well people whine because most fire types are just evolutions. Or single legendaries.

I hope there's even fewer than Diamond and Pearl so I can feed on the tears of people crying about how there aren't any Fire-types in [Gen V region]. There's over 30 Fire Pokemon, which is more than I can say multiple other types, but for some reason everybody whined about the lack of Fire in Sinnoh in particular.

Haha. I loled at this comment. Sort of reminds me of that South Episode where Cartman was licking the tears of that little boy.

I do agree there's a lack of fire types compared to the primary water/fire/grass triangle. But if you think about it, there are other types severely lacking as well such as ghost, lightning, bug...

We need to utilize under used types and make them into dual type Pokemon. Kill two birds with one stone!

They dropped the ball with Fire-types in the 1st Gen! We don't need to see a plethora of pure Fire types any longer.

Or rather, if they decide to up the number of Fire pokies this upcoming generation, they should really think about making them into cool combinations. Spread the love a little, don't make the awesome ones Legendary only or strictly for starters. Remember Houndoom? Camerupt? More awesome stuff like that.

The best part is, they can combo it with many of the other types people clamor for. Fire/Dragon, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Steel (iffy on that one), Fire/Electric, Fire/Ice, Fire/Bug.

This generation, you're gonna need BURN HEALz!!!!

Meh, I really don't care much for the Fire types. Outside the Starter, I could care less if the generation has other Fire types. Although I wouldn't be adverse to Fire/Other combinations.

How about a Fire/Grass?

A Fire/Water?

Fire/Ice?

Fire/Dragon? (If they do this, I totally want it to be the version mascot, along with a Grass/Dragon counterpart. No Water/Dragons as we already have Kingdra and Palkia)

But mostly, I just want to see new type combinations. Electric/Dark, Grass/Steel, Fighting/Ghost, Water/Ghost.

A legendary Fighting Pokemon and a legendary Poison Pokemon, as well as a legendary Bug Pokemon should be made too (with any other type as it's combination... or none. a Who says legends have to be dual typed? Look at Mewtwo and Arceus)

I want a fire pig. It will be huge and pink, and know fiery smell.
And a firetruck, it will be Fire/Water.

Komoburn (Komodo Dragon, Dragon/Fire Type)
Larant (Fire Ant, Bug/Fire type)
Dolcano (Dolphin, Fire/Water type)

Thats all I got.

They dropped the ball with Fire-types in the 1st Gen! We don't need to see a plethora of pure Fire types any longer.

Or rather, if they decide to up the number of Fire pokies this upcoming generation, they should really think about making them into cool combinations. Spread the love a little, don't make the awesome ones Legendary only or strictly for starters. Remember Houndoom? Camerupt? More awesome stuff like that.

The best part is, they can combo it with many of the other types people clamor for. Fire/Dragon, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Steel (iffy on that one), Fire/Electric, Fire/Ice, Fire/Bug.

This generation, you're gonna need BURN HEALz!!!!

heatran ring a bell?

If you ask me, the Fire-types lack a variety. We barely have over 20.
in my opinion, we need to stop overmaking water and grass types and try designing a few more fire types. Why? Well 1 I'm a pyro and 2 there are just too few of them. Here are my suggestions.

Animal wise: Komodo Dragon, Lemur, Lion (yes, I know Entei is lion-ish and fiery), or a hyena. I designed a hyena fire type b4.

What are you guy's suggestions? Strictly fire types

most of these are already invented...
lemur is basically a weird monkey so chimchar, hyena is mightena, entei is a lion and lions are done to death. komoto dragon? dont we have enough fricken overpowered dragons?

I agree, needs moar Fire Pokémon!

There will never be enough fire types.

But you know, Gamefreak loves to jerk off to their Ground/Water/Rock types so it' probably going to go downhill from here...

Fire/Steel-A furnace?
Fire/Dragon-European Dragon
Fire/Water-Steam or an underwater volcano
Fire/Grass-Wildfire or a tiki
Fire/Ghost-A jack-o-lantern or some obscure fire ghost in Japanese mythology
Fire/Ice-Frozen Fire (Like in Harry Potter)
Fire/Electric-Plasma or a Nuclear Pkmn
Fire/Bug-A firefly or dragonfly
Fire/Normal-Any regular animal combined with fire
Fire/Psychic-A pyrokinesis

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom