• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire-Type 5th Gen Predictions

This thread isn't about Heatran lol so before we take a turn there, let's keep on track.
Has anyone else predicted a fire type? Designs are fine if u wanna put a link to it.

The reason there aren't as many fire types may be connected to the fact that they can usually only fill one role, which is that of sweeper. Water and Grass pokes have a far greater number of roles that they can execute effectively.

Well, we can't exactly predict. We don't have anything to go on. And if it's ideas you're after, we have the Idea Thread already made up.

Am I the only person in the universe who thinks Heatran is an okay legendary? D: We never called the Bird trio a waste, did we? Or Celebi, who's hard to find legitimately as it is? It's interesting to have more legendaries.

No. I rather like Heatran. Compared to many other, more useless Legendaries, like Celebi, which I find boring.

Well, I personally want the main trio for this generation to be Fire/Dragon, Ice/Dragon, and Electric/Dragon. That would be so awesome, in my opinion.

But yeah, Gamefreak realized their mistake in Platinum. They're definitely going to make a crapload of Fire Pokemon this time around.

I personally would prefer more focus on Ice and Steel types, but whatever.

Am I the only person in the universe who thinks Heatran is an okay legendary? D: We never called the Bird trio a waste, did we? Or Celebi, who's hard to find legitimately as it is? It's interesting to have more legendaries.

When literally one third of the new Fire-type final forms we got in Gen IV are legendary... no. Especially if you throw Magmortar out, since it's a Gen I evolution family, you're left with only Infernape as the other Fire-type family. Heatran gets hate because it's part of Gen IV.

Gen IV has the least amount of Fire-types ever in a generation and what do they do? The make one of the Elite 4 a Fire-type user!

I don't know if that tops Gen 2's use of Ghost and Dragon type Gyms with only 4 a piece.

Going back to my post on page 2, the reason why I am adamant (pun not intended) about seeing a 5t Gen. Fire/Steel dual-type is because it has one less weakness than Fire/Fighting.

Or, hey, they'd make a Fire/Ground, provided that Ground attacks are self-neutral against Ground-types.

I like the idea of a fire-steel starter, along with a water-ice and a grass-ground (again). I still can't find a good secondary trio.

I came up with:
A wolfish samurai, Pyrowl->Samurash, fire/fighting.
A rhino with a hammer for a face, Smeltromp->Forgerhine, fire/steel.
A firefly-type thing with random exhaust pipes sticking out of its body, Beetling->Torchax, fire/bug.
Didn't really try with the names, but yeah.

Oh, and some kind of fire/water would be so sick. Something based on a steam tank, kinda like Torkoal. And its signature move could be Scald.

I predict they aren't going to make any fire types. And they will add lots of Ground Water and Rock types and make moves that render types weak to them utterly dead upon entry. YEEEEEEEEAH!

(I'm dying inside, can you tell?)

Meh, I really don't care much for the Fire types. Outside the Starter, I could care less if the generation has other Fire types. Although I wouldn't be adverse to Fire/Other combinations.

How about a Fire/Grass?

A Fire/Water?

Fire/Ice?

Fire/Dragon? (If they do this, I totally want it to be the version mascot, along with a Grass/Dragon counterpart. No Water/Dragons as we already have Kingdra and Palkia)

But mostly, I just want to see new type combinations. Electric/Dark, Grass/Steel, Fighting/Ghost, Water/Ghost.

A legendary Fighting Pokemon and a legendary Poison Pokemon, as well as a legendary Bug Pokemon should be made too (with any other type as it's combination... or none. a Who says legends have to be dual typed? Look at Mewtwo and Arceus)

Like the grass/dragon and fire/dragon idea. I've been hoping on that since I got my diamond.

Iffy on the fighting/ghost and the other fire-type combinations, but I like the others.

Don't care much for fire type pokemon, unless there legendary. Plus I use them to kill bug, grass and ice pokemon I know I'm going to see and kill in the wild.

MORE LEGENDARIES!!!!!!!! Is what we need.

A fire/psychic genie!

I'd also like to see some non-starter fire types actually usable in game (seriously, every firetype baring starters I can think of first appears at badge 4 or over), even just Magby on a starting route.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom