• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire-Type 5th Gen Predictions

Well i for one love fire type pokemon and i always start the game with them first. that being said it is actually logical for GF to release few fire type other than starters and legends since fire is not something that is abundant in life all that much. So in sinnoh it made sense they had only chimchar and ponyta line,that place is cold, but it was idiotic for flint to have fire-theme.Furthermore they made it colder in platinum and added magmar,houndoom lines. So if gen 5 is not based somewhere like hoenn, in which we get 7 (vulpix and slugma lines from gen1 and 2 respectively) obtainable pokemon besides starter, which is hotter we will not see many new fire pokemon.

Unlike Ghosts, Dragons, Electricity-based lifeforms, and Psychics?

A dual Fire Tpye would be cool, but still, we need more Pure Fire Types. Enough Fighting, Dark is just strange with fire, and I bet they will never make a Fire/Water Type. So just gimme some plain, simple Fire Types.

A dual Fire Tpye would be cool, but still, we need more Pure Fire Types. Enough Fighting, Dark is just strange with fire, and I bet they will never make a Fire/Water Type. So just gimme some plain, simple Fire Types.

You realized that there are more pure Fire pokes than there are dual-types, right?

And how is dark strange with fire? Dark seems like an easy addition to any type, save, MAYBE, Psychic.

Unlike Ghosts, Dragons, Electricity-based lifeforms, and Psychics?

Agreed.
Lightning may be more common than Volcanoes, but natural forms of fire (from volcano's to wild fires) are more common that Ghosts.

Both valid argument to be made but in total these types are all less in terms of numbers except psychics.

electricity: 28
ghost:18
Dragon:19
fire:33
Pyschics:53

By seeing these numbers we see that there is no problem between 3 of the said types. As for pyschics there are many people on this world saying they can do these staff though mainly all are tricsters but in some rare cases to be proven inconclusive. You may not accept it but human brain is capable of many things and scientists are exploring many possibilities about the concept.In conclusion this type mainly represents many of the common tricks in itself and in case of alakazam or metagross extraordinary IQs . Besides that 12 of the psychic pokemon are legendaries. More over 3 pokemon are out of space and 1 is human experimentation.

Though to support my thesis i will give some quick explanation about the other 3.

Ghosts and dragons are big part of many folklore through out the world. so it is illogical to make them more common. This is where the mystery lies. Hence few numbers.

Electricty is more common in nature than you might think nearly all living creatures has a electrical based nervous system in life including us humans. I am not sure about plants themselves in general but they give of static electricty in some rare cases also.

So to finish this long post i am not saying we should not have less fire type, all i am saying the distribution of it is not as bad as it is right now. But if we have more fire types i will be the first to jump in joy.

Last edited:
Fire/Bug - Fire ant

That would be teh awesome, needs an ability like Solid Rock though to counteract the 4x Rock (and by extension Stealth Rock) weakness.

as for Fire/Electric, How about a Plasma based creature, I mean the stuuf that is created in Nuclear Fusion, not Rotom

Both valid argument to be made but in total these types are all less in terms of numbers except psychics.

By seeing these numbers we see that there is no problem between 3 of the said types. As for pyschics there are many people on this world saying they can do these staff though mainly all are tricsters but in some rare cases to be proven inconclusive. You may not accept it but human brain is capable of many things and scientists are exploring many possibilities about the concept.In conclusion this type mainly represents many of the common tricks in itself and in case of alakazam or metagross extraordinary IQs . Besides that 12 of the psychic pokemon are legendaries. More over 3 pokemon are out of space and 1 is human experimentation.

Though to support my thesis i will give some quick explanation about the other 3.

Ghosts and dragons are big part of many folklore through out the world. so it is illogical to make them more common. This is where the mystery lies. Hence few numbers.

Electricty is more common in nature than you might think nearly all living creatures has a electrical based nervous system in life including us humans. I am not sure about plants themselves in general but they give of static electricty in some rare cases also.

So to finish this long post i am not saying we should not have less fire type, all i am saying the distribution of it is not as bad as it is right now. But if we have more fire types i will be the first to jump in joy.

P.S: Dark type is introduced so psychic types dominance in the games could be balanced out.

The jerk in me (I seem to be in a mood today...) wants to thank you for pointing out the obvious in every single situation, but I'm going to limit myself to asking, what was the point of the post script? Everybody knows that about Dark, I wanted to know why he found it strange to be paired up with Fire.

And why does everybody think that x4 weaknesses all need to be nullified? Because of the abundance of Water-types?

P.S: Dark type is introduced so psychic types dominance in the games could be balanced out.

All very good points.

I, personally, feel like we need more fire simply because there are so few secondary types for fire's out there. Every single fire pokemon is weak against water. Every single one.

There should really be a fire dragon...
Also, I would like to see a better firefly, though I'd have this be electric, not fire.

There should really be a fire dragon...
Also, I would like to see a better firefly, though I'd have this be electric, not fire.

It does seem silly that Volbeat and Illumise weren't part electric. Missed opportunity, those.

All very good points.

I, personally, feel like we need more fire simply because there are so few secondary types for fire's out there. Every single fire pokemon is weak against water. Every single one.

That except with grass/fire or dragon/fire is a fact we have to live with. And there is also no guaranty it will not be weak to water just because it is water dual type, since we have magcargo fire/rock and numel line fire/ ground that are weak against those to types still.

The jerk in me (I seem to be in a mood today...) wants to thank you for pointing out the obvious in every single situation, but I'm going to limit myself to asking, what was the point of the post script? Everybody knows that about Dark, I wanted to know why he found it strange to be paired up with Fire.

And why does everybody think that x4 weaknesses all need to be nullified? Because of the abundance of Water-types?

I am sorry about the P.S it wasn't meant to be in this post. It was meant to be in an email to my friend. In my writing frenzy i wrote it here also.

And i also want to know what is wrong with dark/fire. houndoom line seems good to me.

That except with grass/fire or dragon/fire is a fact we have to live with. And there is also no guaranty it will not be weak to water just because it is water dual type, since we have magcargo fire/rock and numel line fire/ ground that are weak against those to types still.

I am sorry about the P.S it wasn't meant to be in this post. It was meant to be in an email to my friend. In my writing frenzy i wrote it here also.

And i also want to know what is wrong with dark/fire. houndoom line seems good to me.

I just want some more variety in the fire types.
I love the houndoom line.

I just want some more variety in the fire types.
I love the houndoom line.

Agreed so in order to enter the spirit of topic i suggest

Fire/poison based on komodo dragon. (though i feel some1 else also did this suggestion)

Fire/Psychic final evolution starter PLEASE. D: With a Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark final evo to go with it. And Fire/Dragon, even if it's not the design I'd like to see. That's all I'm asking for now...

I would like to see a Fire/Light (Paladin much) starter. So far, we had too many Fire/Fighting type starters (Nintendo lacked ideas for a 4th Gen starter). Fire/Fighting type would probably fit better for a Pokemon that evolves via max Coolness rather than a starter.

I would also like to see Nidorino's alternative evolution to have Fire type as his secondary type aside from Nidoking, and thus! Give up Rivalry (Useless ability) for Flash Fire. That way, we have a Poison/Fire type Pokemon. (Sorry for mentioning the alternative evolutions from the Pokemon of the previous Generation, but just to add the spice into this).

I might have more, but I'm too lazy to think.

Speaking of Magcargo, here's my (admittedly old, but updated here) idea about what to do with it in the next gen:

-----Name: Escarmor
-----Species: Core Snail
-----Type(s): Fire/Steel
-----Obtained by: Having Magcargo with high Stamina/Toughness level-up while holding a Metal Coat
-----Desciption: Somewhat larger version of Magcargo, but with a grey spiked metal shell that has a red gemstone at in the center.
-----Abilities: Magma Armor(if it had Magma Armor as Magcargo)/Magnet Pull(if it had Flame Body as a Magcargo)
-----Egg Group(s): Amorphous
-----EVs Given: 3 Physical Defense
-----Base Stats: 540
----------Hit Points: 105
----------Phys. Atk.: 60
----------Phys. Def.: 120
----------Spec. Atk.: 105
----------Spec. Def.: 105
----------Speed: 45
-----Level-up Moves:
----------001: Ember
----------001: Mirror Shot
----------001: Smog
----------001: Yawn
----------008: Flame Wheel
----------011: Magnet Bomb
----------016: Harden
----------023: Recover
----------026: Ancientpower
----------031: Amnesia
----------031: Iron Defense
----------040: Lava Plume
----------040: Discharge
----------045: Flash Cannon
----------052: Power Gem
----------061: Flamethrower
----------066: Earth Power
----------073: Metal Burst
-----HM/TM/Move Tutor Compatibility: Same as Magcargo's plus Bug and Electric.

Good, bad, or...?

Speaking of Magcargo, here's my (admittedly old, but updated here) idea about what to do with it in the next gen:

-----Name: Escarmor
-----Species: Core Snail
-----Type(s): Fire/Steel
-----Obtained by: Having Magcargo with high Stamina/Toughness level-up while holding a Metal Coat
-----Desciption: Somewhat larger version of Magcargo, but with a grey spiked metal shell that has a red gemstone at in the center.
-----Abilities: Magma Armor(if it had Magma Armor as Magcargo)/Magnet Pull(if it had Flame Body as a Magcargo)
-----Egg Group(s): Amorphous
-----EVs Given: 3 Physical Defense
-----Base Stats: 540
----------Hit Points: 105
----------Phys. Atk.: 60
----------Phys. Def.: 120
----------Spec. Atk.: 105
----------Spec. Def.: 105
----------Speed: 45
-----Level-up Moves:
----------001: Ember
----------001: Mirror Shot
----------001: Smog
----------001: Yawn
----------008: Flame Wheel
----------011: Magnet Bomb
----------016: Harden
----------023: Recover
----------026: Ancientpower
----------031: Amnesia
----------031: Iron Defense
----------040: Lava Plume
----------040: Discharge
----------045: Flash Cannon
----------052: Power Gem
----------061: Flamethrower
----------066: Earth Power
----------073: Metal Burst
-----HM/TM/Move Tutor Compatibility: Same as Magcargo's plus Bug and Electric.

Good, bad, or...?

sorry but I didnt get the evol. condition. Do we have to max it's toughnes and find a metal coat to evolve it or 1 or the other is fine ?

other than that obviously you have given a lot of thought to this and to me it seems fine.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom