• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire-Type 5th Gen Predictions

Slowpoke says hi.

Just looking at it (and not based on what 'experts' say) it looks more like it's based on a sloth. The only thing it has in common with a hippo is a big mouth. And since when do hippos stand on two legs (as in slowbro)?

i loved going back to johto so much because vulpix/growlith can be found early on..well not realy, after godlenrod, but i made room just for my vulpix

anyway, enough about that

i think a fire ghost would work great

maby a will-o-wisp type, just those black balls you see when you use will-o-wisp, then his evolution would be a huge black floating fireball, with a sinister face

show me a ghost/fire
the first evoloution could be just those purple balls you see when you use will-o-wisp
then the second it's one big purple flame with eyes and a sinister mouth.
i would prefer it just being 2-stage, but the third could be just a Man-Shape (think like, magmar size) purple flame

it could go
levitate/levitate/ something that makes it burn things that touch it

Haha. I loled at this comment. Sort of reminds me of that South Episode where Cartman was licking the tears of that little boy.

I do agree there's a lack of fire types compared to the primary water/fire/grass triangle. But if you think about it, there are other types severely lacking as well such as ghost, lightning, bug...

We need to utilize under used types and make them into dual type Pokemon. Kill two birds with one stone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats true, the whole killing two birds with one stone thing...

when i was playing diamond, noticed there were only two evolution lines that were available before the league, of those only ONE was introduced in that same season, the fire starter. wich means that they made no new fire types that time exept the starter.......Thats why i think they will make up for it this season by making a bunch of dual type fire pokemon...

ps: fire/dragon...water/fire...fire/bug...these combinations are long overdoo...

oh...i forgot... the bug/fire type could be like a beetle with a crag-like shell (reminds of kofing + camerupt) and the second could be a sort of mix between a parascect and a camerupt bieng that the volcano on its back would be always smoking....it would have a low speed but high attack and defense...

oh...i forgot... the bug/fire type could be like a beetle with a crag-like shell (reminds of kofing + camerupt) and the second could be a sort of mix between a parascect and a camerupt bieng that the volcano on its back would be always smoking....it would have a low speed but high attack and defense...

Or a Fire Ant.
Or a Firefly.

As long as they give me a fire/dragon that looks like your classic European style dragon (so basically a bigger, meaner Charizard with some Dragonite like features), whatever they do with the fire type is fine with me.

As long as they give me a fire/dragon that looks like your classic European style dragon (so basically a bigger, meaner Charizard with some Dragonite like features), whatever they do with the fire type is fine with me.

Make it a legendary. Have a Chinese Style Dragon for Water.

I hope existing fire types are available ingame..growlithe,vulpix,magmar line etc..don`t care if they don`t have a single new fire-type in this game

So, looking at all the fire pokemon, there's some Type combo's I really want to see.

Fire/Electric
Fire/Grass
Fire/Psychic
Fire/Poison
Fire/Water
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Bug
Fire/Ice
Fire/Dragon

None of these exist, unless I'm forgetting someone

I hope existing fire types are available ingame..growlithe,vulpix,magmar line etc..don`t care if they don`t have a single new fire-type in this game

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

I had to have a Rapidash on my main team on both Diamond and Platinum, and I hated both of them. Fuck. I should replace her with Heatran.

There are so many fire type combos they haven't done, and I just can't think of why. They have 8 billion water types, 6 billion grass types, and three fire types. They need to fix that.

Types we've never seen:

Fire/Electric - I have no idea.
Fire/Grass - Savanna based? Like a Gazelle?
Fire/Psychic - Well, it's the opposite of Jynx. Maybe a fire dancer? I'd like it to be a mammal though.
Fire/Poison- It would be amazing. I have no ideas though.
Fire/Water Deep sea, lives near underwater vents?
Fire/Ghost - Based on the Will O Wisp.
Fire/Bug - Fire ant
Fire/Ice - Lives near Volcano's in cold places. Some type of mountain goat?
Fire/Dragon - European style Dragon. Make is Legendary.

Well i for one love fire type pokemon and i always start the game with them first. that being said it is actually logical for GF to release few fire type other than starters and legends since fire is not something that is abundant in life all that much. So in sinnoh it made sense they had only chimchar and ponyta line,that place is cold, but it was idiotic for flint to have fire-theme.Furthermore they made it colder in platinum and added magmar,houndoom lines. So if gen 5 is not based somewhere like hoenn, in which we get 7 (vulpix and slugma lines from gen1 and 2 respectively) obtainable pokemon besides starter, which is hotter we will not see many new fire pokemon.

about fire/water and fire/ice combos they need to find a very logical explanation for them else people will just say "they just made them to have different combos without much thinking".(I know i will)

All in all fire/ice or water probably wont be in the game. The other combos will be awesome to have but for that we can cross our fingers only.

Well i for one love fire type pokemon and i always start the game with them first. that being said it is actually logical for GF to release few fire type other than starters and legends since fire is not something that is abundant in life all that much. So in sinnoh it made sense they had only chimchar and ponyta line,that place is cold, but it was idiotic for flint to have fire-theme.Furthermore they made it colder in platinum and added magmar,houndoom lines. So if gen 5 is not based somewhere like hoenn, in which we get 7 (vulpix and slugma lines from gen1 and 2 respectively) obtainable pokemon besides starter, which is hotter we will not see many new fire pokemon.

about fire/water and fire/ice combos they need to find a very logical explanation for them else people will just say "they just made them to have different combos without much thinking".(I know i will)

All in all fire/ice or water probably wont be in the game. The other combos will be awesome to have but for that we can cross our fingers only.

Here's the thing: Every Fire-type Pokémon is weak against Water. All other types have at least one Pokémon with a secondary type that nullifies each of their weaknesses.

For a Fire-type Pokémon to not be weak to Water-type moves, it would have to either be paired with Grass, Dragon, or Water itself, or have either the ability Water Absorb or Dry Skin.

But yes. Fire/Water is one of those combo's that it's hard to see paired together.

But I mean, come on. Fire types keep getting shunned.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom