• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fire-Type 5th Gen Predictions

Fire/Psychic final evolution starter PLEASE. D: With a Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark final evo to go with it. And Fire/Dragon, even if it's not the design I'd like to see. That's all I'm asking for now...

The Fire/Dragon could be based on the Drake or the Wyvern. For once, don't give it wings, though Levitate is a viable ability for it.

Last edited:
fire/water = godzilla

No jk. I was thinking a ghost/fire type. I was thinking of a will-o-wisp pokemon. Instead of juust the move.

And also i think they should make a grass/fire type which would be maybe a forest fire pokemon named forire or firest

They should also make houndoom evolve into some type of cerberus pokemon. You know three heads with white horns and make an outer spinal cord that changes from those three rims around the back of houndooms.

Last edited:
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

I had to have a Rapidash on my main team on both Diamond and Platinum, and I hated both of them. Fuck. I should replace her with Heatran.

There are so many fire type combos they haven't done, and I just can't think of why. They have 8 billion water types, 6 billion grass types, and three fire types. They need to fix that.
Sorry but i don`t feel bad..I don`t like the Fire-type in general.Massively overrated by the fanbase and having very bad weaknesses.
The reason for large no. of water types is that vast quantity of the world is made up of water bodies,followed by trees,fire (or a volcano) exists in a small number naturally

Sorry but i don`t feel bad..I don`t like the Fire-type in general.Massively overrated by the fanbase and having very bad weaknesses.
The reason for large no. of water types is that vast quantity of the world is made up of water bodies,followed by trees,fire (or a volcano) exists in a small number naturally

There are 53 Psychic Pokemon and only 33 Fire. (9 of those are starters and 4 are legendary) Guess what there's more of in the world, Fire (Whether it be Volcano's, grass fires, etc) or magical Psychics.

I agree we need more "common" fire types, but moreso we need some physical fire-type moves added to the movepool better than Fire Fang and without the recoil of Flare Blitz, so we can make Flareon useful (I always liked the design, but was sad that it's stats didn't match up to it's typing and movepool).

I also wouldn't mind seeing Fire type matched up with some new types.

There are 53 Psychic Pokemon and only 33 Fire. (9 of those are starters and 4 are legendary) Guess what there's more of in the world, Fire (Whether it be Volcano's, grass fires, etc) or magical Psychics.
Point taken..But 12 of those are legends themselves and 14 ones were introduced in Gen 1 themselves but yeah,they seem to be taking the classic elements very seriously in their abundance(and psychic is not one of the classic elements)

Point taken..But 12 of those are legends themselves and 14 ones were introduced in Gen 1 themselves but yeah,they seem to be taking the classic elements very seriously in their abundance(and psychic is not one of the classic elements)

I'm pretty worn out of Psychics.

The most frustrating thing about Fire, I think, is the lack os type combos. It's only paired with Flying, Rock, Ground, Fighting and Steel. We need more variety.

Oh there are also just 18 Ghost-type Pokémon, 22 Ice-type Pokémon, 26 Steel-type, 25 Dark-type, 19 Dragon-type, 25 Fighting-type and 28 Electric-type.

Oh there are also just 18 Ghost-type Pokémon, 22 Ice-type Pokémon, 26 Steel-type, 25 Dark-type, 19 Dragon-type, 25 Fighting-type and 28 Electric-type.

I'm aware. But those types have more variety over all.

Ghost has Poison, flying, dark, dragon, bug, ice and electric
Ice has Psychic, flying, water, ground, Ghost, ghost, dark
Steel has ground, flying, rock, Psychic, dragon, electric, bug, water, fire, fighting.

I can go on.
Yes, those types have fewer pokemon, but they have a lot more type match ups.

I'm aware. But those types have more variety over all.

Ghost has Poison, flying, dark, dragon, bug, ice and electric
Ice has Psychic, flying, water, ground, Ghost, ghost, dark
Steel has ground, flying, rock, Psychic, dragon, electric, bug, water, fire, fighting.

I can go on.
Yes, those types have fewer pokemon, but they have a lot more type match ups.

Well fire only beats ,on terms of dual typing, electric (flying,steel,ghost,water) and normal(flying,water,pyschic) . The rest is above fire.Every type has less pokemon than fire has equal or more variety

A fire-water salamander. Works because real salamanders are amphibians, and mythological salamanders are fire breathing lizard things. I think.

Gen IV was pretty disappointing in regards to fire types, All we got was Chimchar's line, Magmortar, and Heatran. Even if we don't get very many cool type combinations I'd at least like more fire pokemon than that.

Some new fire type combination I'm really hopping to see are:

-Fire/Poison this could be based off of a Gila monster.

-Fire/Water Any animal that lives around hydrothermal vents, or fire coral even if the connection is just in name alone, there's enough to make some interesting designs with that concept.

-Fire/Grass Some plants, especially those in grassland environments, have evolved to cope with frequent fires and in fact some species NEED fire to germinate.

-Fire/Steel Yes I know there is Heatran but I'd like to see this combination in a pokemon that isn't a legendary.

-Fire/Ghost based on will-o'-the-wisps (ignis fatuus) according to Eurpoean legend they are mischievous spirits of the dead or other supernatural beings that attempt to lead travelers astray. Sounds like a great concept for a fire/ghost to me.

-Fire/Bug the bombardier beetle who when disturbed combines chemicals in it's abdomen to create an exothermic reaction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_beetle

or another idea for Fire/Bug could be the monarch butterfly because it's colors are fiery and they usually have some sort of butterfly pokemon anyway.

Fire/Psychic would be another cool typing although I don't have any ideas about what that could be based on.

A Fire/Psychic could be based on a Pyromancer or any kind of magician/wizard that can control fire.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom