High Score Event: Fire-Type Masters
Fire-Type Masters is the latest in what is still a relatively new event format for Pokémon Masters EX. In High Score Events, players will aim to score the highest amount possible within a set of five battles. Fire-Type Masters will see players facing off against a gauntlet of Fire-type Sync Pairs, including Kiawe, Blaine, Flint, Chili, and Flannery. By completing battles in this event and achieving a higher total score, players will be able to earn a variety of rewards, including 5★ Power-Ups, Certificates of Excellence, and Move Candy Coins. Players can also obtain Gems x100, Fire Tome, Vol. 1 x120, and Fire Codex, Vol. 1 x120 as first-time rewards for completing each battle.
Each High Score Event comes with a set of Event Rules that apply to all battles, and serve as a set of conditions to evaluate how players have completed each battle. The ratings on each of these rules determine the player's base score for each battle. The rules for Fire-Type Masters are as follows:
- Remaining HP - Players will obtain a higher score depending on the total percentage of all allied sync pairs' remaining HP when a battle is completed.
- More stat decreases -Players will obtain a higher score the more times all opponents sync pairs' stats have been lowered in total when a battle is completed. For sync pairs whose HP dropped to 0 during the battle, the number of stat decreases that sync pair had when they were knocked out will be counted.
- More attacks - Players will obtain a higher score the more total times all allied sync pairs land attacks.
- Burning: 1 or more times - Players will receive a bonus 1,000 to their base score by inflicting the Paralysis status condition on an opponent 1 or more times.
- Main Character or Rival - Players will receive a bonus 1,000 to their base score by forming a team with 1 or more characters with the Unova or Alola themes.
- 0 Pairs: x0 Score
- 1 Pair: x1 Score
- 2 Pairs: x2 Score
- 3 Pairs: x3 Score
A ranking feature is also available to this event, allowing players to see how well they've done against other trainers. Players whose Best Score is within the top 10,000 spots at the end of the event will be awarded Master Rank, receiving a special Medal as a general mission reward. Final Ranking Results will only be announced after the event has concluded, from November 23rd, at 10:00pm (PST), and will remain available until November 30th, at 9:59pm (PST).
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- Area info completion data will not be carried over the next time this event returns.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- It may take some time for rankings to be updated, meaning the in-game rankings may not reflect the most recent results.
- Battles finished after the event period ends may not be reflected in the rankings.
Two new scout banners have started today in Pokémon Masters EX, running alongside Fire-Type Masters.
5★-Select Type Scout
In this 5★-Select Type Scout featuring only Fire-Type Sync Pairs, players can spend 2,000 paid gems to receive an 11x Scout, as well as an additional bonus selection of a 5★ Sync Pair from the limited pool. This scout can be used up to 3 times during the scouting period.
Sygna Suit Morty & Ho-oh and Sygna Suit May & Blaziken make their return together in this Double Feature Poké Fair Scout. These two pairs each made their debuts in separate Poké Fair Scouts back in 2022.
As with a typical Poké Fair Scout, 5★ Sync Pairs will have a 10% chance of appearing, with the two featured trainers having a higher chance of being scouted. Unlike regular Poké Fair Scouts however, only Fire-type Sync Pairs will appear in this scout.
As always, Poké Fair exclusive Sync Pairs may reappear in future Poké Fair Scouts.
Penny & Sylveon make their debut this week
Earlier today, Pokémon Master's official social media accounts on X (formerly Twitter) and YouTube posted a video, confirming that Penny & Sylveon will make their debut later this week in a new Poké Fair Scout, alongside a
Penny & Sylveon's Poké Fair Scout will run from November 9th at 10:00pm (PST), through to November 29th at 9:59pm (PST). Penny & Sylveon are a Fairy-type Support Sync Pair with skills built around supporting Fairy-type Special Attacks. One of their skills increases the Special Moves ↑ Next effect for their entire party by one rank whenever Penny & Sylveon use a Trainer move, while another skill lowers their target's Fairy Type Rebuff by one rank the first time one of Penny & Sylveon's attack moves hits.
Penny & Sylveon should make their debut alongside an as yet unannounced Story Event, brief scenes of which can be seen in the announcement video. The event apparently involves Team Break stealing an Eevee, and Penny's efforts to return it to its trainer.
- But trouble is hot on her heels: Team Break has stolen an Eevee! Penny will have to team up with an unexpected ally to bring an end to the mischief. Can this...www.youtube.com