• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Firefox 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilac Hill

Reaction score
The final release is out now.

If you've got IE, stop living in the past, get Firefox.

;-)

I'm liking it so far. It's much more intuitive than 2, plus the new page information features are awesome, IMHO.

I only have two gripes. The creator of my favourite theme, RedShift, did not make a version compatible with 3. Also, I can only use it on the desktop as my laptop is a pussy/currently on it's last legs.

i use it because it is faster, even on vista. I have been using firefox for a long time.

Only problem I have, and it's a pretty small one, is the look of the Downloads window. It's just... bleh.

Only problem I have, and it's a pretty small one, is the look of the Downloads window. It's just... bleh.

There's an add-on called the Download Statusbar that I've used for a long time. It works on both 2 and 3. =)

I can only use it on the desktop as my laptop is a pussy/currently on it's last legs.

Nooo! for I also have a crappy old laptop!
Heres hoping that my regular(ish) upgrades should run it.

Also, 3 already has full compatability with the brand new version of foxytunes, FYI ;)

Just downloaded it, but right now the only thing that's really bugging me is the back button. It looks like it's highlighted all the time, so I find myself hovering over it all the time. @_@

Just downloaded it, but right now the only thing that's really bugging me is the back button. It looks like it's highlighted all the time, so I find myself hovering over it all the time. @_@

One of my friends kept trying to get me to download Firefox 3 because he assured me the new Back button was "made of win." I find it distracting as well...but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Backbutton? yeah It's hideous, but I'm counting on a new skin sooner or later.

I'm liking the new fox so far, but it didn't fix a problem I'd been having with firefox 2. My Java was fractured, sometimes it worked other times it didn't. The upgrade didn't fix it so I guess I'm going to have to dig into my Java files to see whats corrupt. (ie: doing a quick edit and saving the changes in this forum won't work, but it would in IE)

I'm just gonna wait out until my fav skin, Metal Lion - Vista, gets upgraded to Firefox 3...but that's just me being a "hates change" person...

It looks good on OS X. BUT, if you are using a Mac and haven't installed 3 yet, you should do a complete backup of your bookmarks first, because all my recent bookmarks were deleted. I had other issues after upgrading, but everything worked after I deleted Firefox 2 and installed 3 from scratch.

I downloaded Firefox 3 during their 24 hour download day when they were trying to set a world record and it was a success according to the Firefox team. That is something I agree with, Internet Explorer is living in the past and even when I ran Firefox for the first time back in 2004 I thought it was years ahead of its time and had features that we are just now seeing on Internet Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom