• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First 2008 Title (it seems)

You think its slow now? Wait until the gap between the seventh and eighth badges! They'll have to cover half the continent then!

Yeah. The sixth badge is far west, in Mio, while the last, eight badge is in Nagisa, the easternmost town in Shin'ou. We're going to have DOZENS of fillers there. It's going to be worse than Jouto.

Unless they retcon the towns. But no, they don't do this anymore. They were applying such practices only in Kanto (remember, the Satoshi-tachi were able to arrive at Kuchiba without crossing Yamabuki or going to Sion). And I'm glad they don't do it anymore because they ruined the geography of Kanto back then.
In the Kanto series the writers were doing whatever they wanted (I even believe that they were going to create custom Pokemon, and Houou was just going to be one of them, but Tajiri [or someone else from GF] told them not to do so, and he could easily use Houou in the future games).

Um...no. The writers realized they don't have to have the show follow a extremely linear map like in the games.

And somehow I doubt a Maid-filled restuarant is using "Heaven" in a religious sense...

You think its slow now? Wait until the gap between the seventh and eighth badges! They'll have to cover half the continent then!

Like I said, it makes you wonder about the pacing of the saga. You know if GameFreak announces Gen 5 then the writers have no choice but to rush the end of Sinnoh no matter where the gang is at that moment.

I'm worried because I want to see Ash challenge the Sinnoh Elite 4. If the writers run out of time, I'm afraid we won't get to see that happen. :(

Like I said, it makes you wonder about the pacing of the saga. You know if GameFreak announces Gen 5 then the writers have no choice but to rush the end of Sinnoh no matter where the gang is at that moment.

I'm worried because I want to see Ash challenge the Sinnoh Elite 4. If the writers run out of time, I'm afraid we won't get to see that happen. :(

I'm hoping Gamefreak has already told the show staff when Gen 5 is going to be.

And the "enlightening" episode, I sure remember that. If 4Kids did this episode with their Houen State Of Mind, they would paint Miyabi into a nurse, instead of a nun. That would be funny (or sad, it would depend on 4Kids's screw-up level).

Hard to get all those monks into something else. To say nothing of the Buddha-esque Slowpoke statue. Actually, I'm surprised that episode wasn't banned; not because of anything the dubbers would do, but because it could be percieved as offensive to compare the Boddhisava to a dopey stupid creature.

Yeah. The sixth badge is far west, in Mio, while the last, eight badge is in Nagisa, the easternmost town in Shin'ou. We're going to have DOZENS of fillers there. It's going to be worse than Jouto.

Unless they retcon the towns. But no, they don't do this anymore. They were applying such practices only in Kanto (remember, the Satoshi-tachi were able to arrive at Kuchiba without crossing Yamabuki or going to Sion). And I'm glad they don't do it anymore because they ruined the geography of Kanto back then.
In the Kanto series the writers were doing whatever they wanted (I even believe that they were going to create custom Pokemon, and Houou was just going to be one of them, but Tajiri [or someone else from GF] told them not to do so, and he could easily use Houou in the future games).
They could very easily just take a boat from the 7th gym's town to the 8th's. I mean they're both port towns and it would save the writers alot of time.

Hard to get all those monks into something else. To say nothing of the Buddha-esque Slowpoke statue. Actually, I'm surprised that episode wasn't banned; not because of anything the dubbers would do, but because it could be percieved as offensive to compare the Boddhisava to a dopey stupid creature.
Um, but the point of the episode showed that Slowpoke wasn't dopey but in reality in tune with nature.

At least we would see lots of fanart of Dawn/Hikari in a maid's outfit, wouldn't the fanboys be happy about that?

pquote]ou think people would have paid attention to that?[/quote]
Yes. It was plainly stated as the moral of the day.

EDIT: Y'know, anyone else find it ironic Maxim apparently has no problem automatically excepting this as true, despite his recent "I WON'T TRUST POKEANI!" statement?

EDIT 2: Isn't Mayley dressed up as a Maid? Maybe she will work here? They moved...um...that other girl.
But hell, finding Shaymin my ass! You're a whore!

EDIT 3: Speaking of Maxim, Sushi herself says it's Maid. I'll go with Sushi over Maxim, simply because she's nice.

Last edited:
People who would get upset over the Slowpoke thing would go by appearences rather than episode morals. Heck, the moral of Pokemon as a whole is friendship, and how many people see only battles?

Well, I don't see anyone raising a fuss except you.

Why are we talking about religion in a topic about an episode that will hopefully be shameless fan service?

And I'm betting ten bucks that the plot involves Dawn breaking some kind of glass and having to pay off her debt in the cafe while wearing some skimpy maid outfit.

Hopefully she says "Take anything you want!" and "Spare me my life!"

We're right after Zui Town, right?

Hopefully she says "Take anything you want!" and "Spare me my life!"

We're right after Zui Town, right?
We're talking about maids, not bizarre exercise girls. "I WAS ROBBED BY TWO MEN!!!"

And yeah, right after Zui.

Well, I don't see anyone raising a fuss except you.

...wait what? Where am I "raising a fuss"? I'm saying reasons people *could* have used to get it banned. I don't *agree* with them in the least, just like I don't agree with pretty much every attempt to get whatever banned.

You seem to exaggerate things I say, and frankly it's strange that you do that.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom