• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First 2008 Title (it seems)

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Airing Januarury 10th...

> アニメージュから1月の放送予定は
> 1月3日は特番で休み
> 10日は「メイドカフェのミルタンク!」

新年も休み。それにポケサンとかやらない気もしそう・・・・・・
しかしこの話のタイトルを見ると頭の中が大変なことに(何)

ちなみにレントラーの話は米村氏が書く事になってます。

Seems to be called...well...er...Maid Cafe Milktank, so I guess it involves the Milk Cafe north of Solaceon.

Given the length of Route 215, it's unlikely we'll see Veilstone before Feburary.

Hopefully Ash-tachi will take the oppertunity to stock up. Good stuff, that milk.

Maid cafe? OK, at least an episode about cosplay was easy to translate across boarders, but they're going to have an interesting time trying to convey what's pretty much a uniquely Japanese...well...fetish. It's a fetish. There, I said it.

Chances are they'll just ignore this angle entirely. Y'know, aside from Brock, that is.

Is this the game area that Maxim was wanting to see? I guess he'll be happy.

Oh gawd, the mental images of Dawn in a skimpy Miltank maid outfit with a fake name tag is spinning in my head.

"Welcome home Master!"

And I see her using her magical Daijoubo powers for the special treatment service.

Is this the Koduck restaurant?

I think Maxium can fap a blob of relief now.

THE RESTAURANT!!!!! Yeahhhh!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! And I'm probably going to watch it in my life! Yes!

And I kinda believe that we'll actually return to this restaurant after 4th Badge, where we'll meet the injuried Koducks, then Shirona will cure them, give Satoshi the key item and we have a trip to Useless Kannagi Town, where we're going to see Shirona's grandma and Ginga! But, sadly, I'm probably not going to see it.

And I wonder... is the Waitress Anna involved in this episode? It would be cool to see a game character.

And, another thing, it's not "Maid Cafe".
Meido roughly translates as Heaven and possibly that's what the Cafe will be called in the dub.

And, another thing, it's not "Maid Cafe".
Meido roughly translates as Heaven and possibly that's what the Cafe will be called in the dub.

Doubtful. If anything, they'll call it the Heavenly Cafe, something that is like Heaven, but not "Heaven" itself.

The dub's used religious references in the past. They didn't have a problem with Misty's cross in the Maiden's Peak episode, or the church in the Smeargle episode, or the whole episode that seemed to be making fun of Buddhism in mid-Johto...Granted, they never refered to "God" or anything, but it's still there.

The dub's used religious references in the past. They didn't have a problem with Misty's cross in the Maiden's Peak episode, or the church in the Smeargle episode, or the whole episode that seemed to be making fun of Buddhism in mid-Johto...Granted, they never refered to "God" or anything, but it's still there.

They didn't have problem with cross, but what about anti-ghost stickers?

About the church - what was it in original version?

And the "enlightening" episode, I sure remember that. If 4Kids did this episode with their Houen State Of Mind, they would paint Miyabi into a nurse, instead of a nun. That would be funny (or sad, it would depend on 4Kids's screw-up level).

Hmm, but those seem to be much more milder references. Besides, I doubt PUSA wants to upset the angry soccer moms.

Soccer moms don't want religious things that specifically refer to GOD, shoved in their kids face, at least in a cartoon. This makes me wonder how will the dub handle Cyrus and Arceus PokeGod.

I find it funny we're getting so many fillers in a row lately, if it weren't for the ruins/Contest 2-parter than we'd have quite a lot of fillers all right after one another.

It really does seem like the writers have no desire to rush this series and are taking as slow a path to the next Gym as possible, but it really makes you wonder how the overall pacing of this saga will turn out.

I hope the writers know what they're doing and don't run out of time at the end and rush things before Gen 5 comes out. We have 6 more Gyms to go to, we haven't even explored half of Sinnoh yet, Dawn only has 1 ribbon, and then there's still the eventual Galactic climax, the Grand Festival and Sinnoh league.

I just hope this slow start doesn't cause things to be rushed toward the end.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom