• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be rel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be

Yes, there will be the remaining 6 Regionals in April. A list of locations:

April 15th, 2012
Pleasanton, CA
Colorado Springs, CO
Athens, GA
Philadelphia, PA
Houston, TX
Madison, WI

Re: First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be

@Cybertron, maybe you can answer a question or two that i have.

1. How does the Pokemon VGC work? (Like, what are the levels, as they progress?)
2. How does one get into a years VGC? Is it invitation-based, or do you have to register? (assume that i have everything else needed for entry)
3. If it is registration-based entry, when does registration typically start? If invitation-based, how would one get invited to it?
4. Recently, with the release of Black and White, Nintendo requires you to have your team in your battle box, for at least the Autumn Friendly (which i tried to register for, got in, then realized that i needed to fix some things). Are official VGC tourneys as strict on teams?

anyways, you don't have to reply here if you don't want to. you can VM or PM me, preferrably PM, since that sends an alert. Thanks :)

It's actually pretty dang hard to win with such a standard Rain team in Seniors/Masters because everyone has a counter to it, and I mean everyone. You can't go into a VGC 2012 tournament without a rain counter because there WILL be rain teams. (Checks for rain include Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Gastrodon, Amoonguss, Toxicroak) Most Seniors and Masters incorporate Rain into their strategy but don't focus all six Pokemon on their team with it. For example, Politoed isn't even used in most teams because it becomes dead weight after it sets up Rain, but it did work for Brendan.

Which is why I said a rain team that's not completely stupid. I suppose I shouldn't have short-handed it, I basically meant one that's well put-together, with the implication that a well-crafted team is prepared for and can deal with threats. No disrespect meant to you or your brother.

At any rate, enjoy your stay here at Bulbagarden, if no one's already welcomed you. I hope you'll stick around - it'd be interesting to have someone like you in the battle center.

@Rockman

not who you wanted, but i can answer some of your questions since I wrote this article (for bulbanews, not Pokemon lol).

1. How does the Pokemon VGC work? (Like, what are the levels, as they progress?)

If you are referring to the age groups, there are three: junior (born in 2001 or later), senior (born in '97-2000), and masters (born in '96 or earlier)

2. How does one get into a years VGC? Is it invitation-based, or do you have to register? (assume that i have everything else needed for entry)

Any player eligible (which unless you have done something to get on Pokemon's naughty list, includes you) for both the regional tournaments and the national championships without any sort of qualifications. the advantage to competing at and winning a regional is that you get a buy for the first two rounds and free travel to the tourney.

3. If it is registration-based entry, when does registration typically start? If invitation-based, how would one get invited to it?

Registration starts at 8:30 AM for the spring regional tournaments

4. Recently, with the release of Black and White, Nintendo requires you to have your team in your battle box, for at least the Autumn Friendly (which i tried to register for, got in, then realized that i needed to fix some things). Are official VGC tourneys as strict on teams?

At the start of the day, you register a bunch of info (including held items, etc) about all of your pokemon. you are NOT allowed to change your team during the day. don't ask me why

Thanks! that's really helpful :)

so, for #3's answer, the registration takes place at the event?

although i'm not positive, i assume that to be true. if you go, good luck! who knows, maybe u will be next person Pokemon will analyze q:

thanks! And one can only hope (and plan). I may not go this time, since i'm still in school, and none of the regionals are in AZ, my state of residence. Nonetheless, it is useful information, and i'll keep remember it, so thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom