• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Battle Frontier DVD box set due June 24th! Also, Orange Islands DVD box in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pokemon boxsets released thus far on dvd in Australia have contained complete seasons of 52 episodes, and retailed for $49.95 AUD. The next two Pokemon boxsets released will see Australia through to the middle point of Battle Frontier. Apart from the obvious banned episodes, every episode has been released here on DVD for a reasonable price from EP#001 to EP#314.

Yep that's right Australia has been releasing 52 episode boxsets for a while now.
Pretty normal here.

Every season here is organised in boxsets and not split. season 1 is in one boxset, season 2 is in one boxset and so on. We've got 6 boxsets thus far with 6 seasons. We get chronicals as bonus in each boxset aswell.=P

The company here seems to like releasing 2 boxsets at a time so hopefully us Aussies will see a season 7 and 8 boxsets eventually. I'm waiting it out until they're released.^-^

I'm envious on the American battle fronteir boxset though (battle fronteir is my most favourite season) but I can wait.=)

Yeah, I'm also annoyed Chronicles hasn't been released in the U.S. yet.

I know these episodes were 4kids edit hell, but I'd still like to have them. And granted, when I rewatch them I'm going to wonder why the writers felt the need to waste so many of them on boring characters like Richie and Casey.

Oh god, it really shows you how much better the recurring characters got in the new seasons.

Maybe PUSA will re-dub all of the Chronicles episodes >_>

Anyway, this is pretty exciting. Here I thought these episodes would never be released.

Glad to see Orange Islands all being released together. I'll have to pick it up.

They're not giving my bank account a break. I have to snag part 3 of Indigo and then turn around and grab Orange Islands. I can resist Battle Frontier for now, though, I think I want to get them all in order (which really has no purpose other than making me budget a little better ;) )

Yay! An Orange Islands box set!

I'll definitely have to get that. Also, it would be AWESOME if they included Pikachu's Jukebox on the episodes (or at least as a special feature). ^_^

Anyway, yeah, it's a good thing Viz finally decided to release the Battle Frontier season. But personally, I have no interest in getting the Battle Frontier boxset. And that's for obvious reasons. I'm sure if you know me, then you ought to know exactly why I won't be getting that boxset. LOL. XD

And about Pokemon Chronicles, I can safely say that was a good series. Unlike most people, things like edits don't bother me, since I'm a huge dub fanatic. So I was able to enjoy watching Pokemon Chronicles pretty easily.

Of course, given the fact that this series doesn't have Ash in it, I don't like it as much as the main series. ^^;

Maybe PUSA will re-dub all of the Chronicles episodes >_>
Oh dear god, no, I really hope they won't redub all of Chronicles!! O_O

That would be horrible for me! Because the Chronicles episodes, "Christmas Night" and "Kanga Games" actually have Veronica's Ash voice (and I just saw those episodes for the first time, about a month ago). Watching those episodes made me so incredibly happy!

And I really, really wouldn't want Pokemon USA to redub those episodes with the new voice cast.

4Kids did a terrible job of dubbing Chronicles, if the size of Dogasu's comparisons are anything to go by. PUSA could do much better simply by remaining faithful to the source and they wouldn't make millions of pointless paint edits either. They also didn't try to make Forrest Mini-Brock when he appeared in Battle Frontier, like 4Kids in the first Chronicles.

The quality would be much more improved...

That aside, I wonder if they will ever release boxsets in the UK... it would be nice, but seeing how we haven't had all the movies and only had Chronicles otherwise...

Yeah...the Chronicles dub pretty much makes the first Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon dub look like it was Cowboy Bebop-quality. It's absolutely terrible.

I'd still buy the set so I could take screencaps of the characters who only appeared in that series, but beyond that, a set like that would be useless to me.

I don't know about that.

I'd choose Pokemon Chronicles any day over the horrible, original Mastermind. Oh well, guess that just shows everyone that I'm much more concerned about voices than edits. ^^;

Yeah, it's official. I'm an oddball when it comes to dubs. XD

Even though Chronicles was edited to an insane amount, I'd still buy it. Probably just for Training Daze and We're No Angels, but whatever. Gotta keep my fangirl heart satisfied ;)

I don't see any logistical reason for PUSA to re-dub it, though. It's in the past. If they were going to re-dub, they would have just started back at Indigo (and man, would that really be an insult, IMO). They should just slap it on some DVDs and try to sell a few copies.

YEEEEEES. ORANGE ISLANDS, BABY.

BOOYAH!!!

...Uh. I like Orange Islands season. Sue me. ;)

Oh dear god, no, I really hope they won't redub all of Chronicles!! O_O

That would be horrible for me! Because the Chronicles episodes, "Christmas Night" and "Kanga Games" actually have Veronica's Ash voice (and I just saw those episodes for the first time, about a month ago). Watching those episodes made me so incredibly happy!

And I really, really wouldn't want Pokemon USA to redub those episodes with the new voice cast.
Those episodes weren't even dubbed as part of Chronicles, so chances are they'll skip them over. 4Kids decided to take that episode from their Christmas Vacation VHSs and DVD, add a few edits, and release it as part of Chronicles. Since PUSA doesn't HAVE to end their seasons with either 26 or 52 episodes, they'd probably end the redub at 25 and we won't have to sit through the Chronicles version ever again.

While very unlikely, I also want a Chronicles redub, or I'll have to stick to the subs for these episodes.

Chronicles is bound to come out. Eevee keeps mentioning how it's out in Australia, and I'm sure it's coming out here at some point.

(And really, once you got past Raikou, it wasn't so bad.)

As for hopes of a re-dub, it's not gonna happen. As Offkilter pointed out, they'd be redubbing everything else, then. Simply put, it'd cost them money. And we all know how PUSA likes money. They'll just throw them on DVD and sell them like the rest of the sets coming out.

I would like to see PUSA redub the Raikou special at least.

My problem with the other eps is 4kids edited out important scenes! They edited away the scene where Brock gives Geodude and Crobat to Forrest. Because of that, we never got to see what Brock did to his older Pokemon.

Seriously, why the hell did they take out an importance scene like that?

I think it had something to do with continuity. Which Chronicles wasn't supposed to have, but they forgot that.

My opinion may not be the best regarding Chronicles, though, since the only memories I have are "OMG JAMES OMG KATE LOOKS LIEK ME OMG" (collapses in fangirl joy).

Fangirls are strange beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom