• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Battle Frontier DVD box set due June 24th! Also, Orange Islands DVD box in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Well I guess I can cross that off my list of my predictions list...

The Battle Frontier box set will run 520 minutes and will be released on June 24th, 2008.

The set will consist of about 23 episodes, which means an educated guess of what will be on included is:

• "Fear Factor Phony"
  • "Sweet Baby James"
  • "A Chip Off the Old Brock!"
  • "Wheel of Fortune!"
  • "May's Egg-cellent Adventure!"
  • "Weekend Warrior"
  • "On Olden Pond"
  • "Tactics Theatrics!"
  • "Reversing the Charges"
  • "The Green Guardian"
  • "From Cradle to Save"
  • "A Time-Warp Heals all Wounds!"
  • "Queen of the Serpentine"
  • "Off the Unbeaten Path"
  • "Harley Rides Again!"
  • "Odd Pokémon Out!"
  • "Spontaneous Combusken"
  • "Cutting the Ties That Bind"
  • "Ka Boom with a View"
  • "King and Queen for a Day!"
  • "Curbing the Crimson Tide!"
  • "What I Did for Love!"
  • "Three Jynx and a Baby!"

If they do a three-disc set, then we'll probably see Disc One with eight episodes, Disc Two with eight episodes, and Disc Three with seven episodes.

Also, there's apparently going to be an Orange Island box set. It'll be 760 minutes long (i.e. all 35 Orange Islands episodes) and will be released on May 20th, 2008.

I'm actually surprised an Orange Islands set is coming out. I would love for them to actually redo the DVD's because the current ones like like shit, but they'll probably just repackage the three DVD's that have already been released and call it a day.

The MSRP for both sets is $39.98, but you'll be able to find them for much cheaper at places like Wal-Mart and Best Buy.

Last edited:
I take it that's all of the Orange Island episodes? It'd be too weird to have multiple sets for it...

...wait, Season 1 still? Does that mean everything up to Johto is Season 1 or will they actually have the whole series up to AG just be one "season"?

Heh, Dogasu remember when I told you we probably would get a Battle Frontier boxset very soon? :p

Anyway, I'm surprised they didn't put the whole thing on one Boxset. Is it really necessary to split the episodes up?

When was the last time you saw a 47 episode box set of anything?

Of anything? Season 4 of the original TMNT cartoon comes close at about 40 episodes on a 5 disc boxset of 920 minutes. And that was released last year no less.

That's seven episodes short :p

My point is...box sets that large are very rare. It would be strange if they didn't split the season in two.

It's really sad how here in Israel they don't want to air old episodes again
I and a lot of others sent them e-mails about that but they usually ignore or reply to with "currently impossible" -_-
I'm part of that stupid channel's website staff (a mod at their stupid anime forum) yet they ignore me too
And let's not even think about video/dvd releases...
I'd do anything to watch all the episodes in Hebrew again but it's seems like it'll never happen =\
Maybe we should try and send a lot of e-mails again...

Oh, cool! :D And so quickly after the release of Indigo vol. 3 too. Let's all hope these are good quality. Considering they're the same prices as the Indigo League, Master Quest, and Advanced boxsets and those were all three disc releases, three discs sounds correct. Is there any hope for Orange Islands set having better picture quality than in the single disc releases?

Is anyone else still entertaining the idea that the reason the BF boxset took so long to come out is because Sarah re-dubbed some of her early Ash lines?

I know its a longshot, but PUSA did redub some old lines, such as Max saying it was a "ground-type" attack in place of "earth-type" in the ep where Mudkip evolves.

It's possible, but I'll also bet it has a lot to do with not wanting to release them while they were in the middle of releasing their Indigo sets.

I have Orange Islands already. Even if these new ones are remastered, I paid like 11$ on Amazon for each of my current discs. I'm content with the quality at that price.

I will be buying Battle Frontier though. 'bout time we see it on DVD.

I take it that's all of the Orange Island episodes? It'd be too weird to have multiple sets for it...

...wait, Season 1 still? Does that mean everything up to Johto is Season 1 or will they actually have the whole series up to AG just be one "season"?

I always thought of OI as Season 2, personally.

I'm glad the delay of individual BF DVD's was for one big ol' Boxset, which seems alot cheaper then buying each of them individualy and more ergonomical.

But probably no Japanese audio track, and BF would be the perfect opportunity as there are next to no edits...

The boxset would probably ramp up pretty high in price though.

Hell yes! Box sets! Looks like I'm going to have an expensive summer, I'm going to import Indigo League 2 and 3, all the movies and now Orange Islands and Battle Frontier. But I don't mind the wait for Battle Frontier, I think I've watched enough repeats to last a few decades...

Guys I think the point was there aren't many boxsets with that high of an episode count :p Not that there are none in existance.

The boxset would probably ramp up pretty high in price though.

That's... debatable. Boxsets (anime) retailing 100$ or more are very rare these days. Boxsets retailing over 70$ is uncommon, and boxsets ranging 40-50$, or bricked collections are pretty much now the industry standard for collecting a series or a season of one. I don't think subbed Pokemon would be so special that they'd have to go anywhere above 50$.

I mean, heck, look at Slayers. Widely considered one of the best fantasy anime titles ever, can be found at most stores for 25$-30$ per 26ep season... and yes, this is both subbed and dubbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom