• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First CoroCoro Scans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That computer looks like a freaking ATM machine. Card/money slots and everything.
Either that or the TV phones used in the anime. OH SHI--

I wonder what that place right of the town image is... Isn't it a lookout area of some kind?
I do believe that is a bridge.

*looks at the city pic again* Is that...curved and diagonal roads?

I bet grey will look better.

I can't imagine either of these character appeareing in the anime.

*counts seconds on clock for someone to make a thread on that*

I've been saying for a long time now that April doesn't mean much for news, and then they turn that on it's head.
And yet this coverage only includes screenshots and apparently no information. Granted, the first details for DP weren't very extensive (name of the region and starting town, Munchlax and Weavile's abilities and a few moves, in-battle touch screen usage, backwards compatibility and the Manaphy egg promotion), but at least there was more to discuss at that point than just graphics.

Yes the characters look like they could very well be in the teens. And I do agree on the need for the Sugimori art, but from first glance they do seem a bit strange. The boy especially just looks a bit silly with the hair.

While the graphics are on a level that DP had, the same could be said for GSC, but no one complained with them when they were out cause they had a certain charm, a refinement of the original graphics, just what these games are bringing. Lets not forget these are also enlarge sprites like mentioned. If seen at a small size it might come out better. Anyway, on that note I end my quotes and point something out no one saw yet, or perhaps didn't mention.

The Pokemon now have shadows on where they stand.

Indeed!

I normally also am on the gameplay-over-graphics side of talking; however, I was hopying for a more than slight improvement in the technical sector. :rolleyes: We should also await translations of the text. Maybe there is an explanation of the camera angle thing. I hope that there are more things to be seen, and that this is just a mere glipse of what is ahead of us!

On a side note, it seems that cities have a more realistic size and number of buildings. At least I hope this is the case, and we don't get a small-sized city with skyscrapers. :p

Characters look kind of awkward, especially on zoomed-out screens. Direct feed screenshots may change that, but I can't help but be afraid. I also wish characters' were in cell-shaded graphics, because the static 2D is probably what cause this mess.

Has anyone else noticed the picture on the left of the new battle picture? It looks a lot like the current battle system, and from what I can see (on my crappy itouch) Pikachu and Meowth are battling, which could mean:

A. The battle system itself hasn't changed; rather, just the opening has, which is the main screenshot we see.
B. Pikachu and Meowth are in the game, so the games most likely are compatible with each other to some degree.
C. It's just an old screenshot and I'm overanalyzing D:

Has anyone else noticed the picture on the left of the new battle picture? It looks a lot like the current battle system, and from what I can see (on my crappy itouch) Pikachu and Meowth are battling, which could mean:

A. The battle system itself hasn't changed; rather, just the opening has, which is the main screenshot we see.
B. Pikachu and Meowth are in the game, so the games most likely are compatible with each other to some degree.

They're showing the change from the old way to the new way... wow. Didn't really think that could be misconstrued.

Erm. That's just them comparing the two. That's why there's an arrow going from it to the new one.

Calling your mum is going to be a minigame.

"Hi Mum I just defeated Elite Four! I really did-"
"Shut up and give me your money so I can spend on it useless things!"
";0;!"

You lost 500 points.

Holy shit...
This is AWESOME!!
Its all 3-D
which obviously means
EVERYONE GET YOUR MONEY OUT AND PAY NINTENDO SHIT LOAD OF MONEY.....all over again
its on the 3DS.
But its great how they've made the buildings look so cool. Apart from that, I like the way they've made the girl character, it looks quite a bit like Lyra.

"Hi Mum I just defeated Elite Four! I really did-"
"Shut up and give me your money so I can spend on it useless things!"
";0;!"

I demand to see her face when she says that :p

Also, you will be able to call the rival's mum ;)

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER.

Seriously though, these are probably 2 pages out of 6 most likely. There seems to be something on Pokemon platinum behind these pages, so maybe they're going to compare it to something. I mean the game names haven't even been seen in a scan yet, so I remain optimistic that this is just a tiny bit.

I just hope these aren't the only pictures that are going to be revealed. I've never seen Pokemon Sunday, but what exactly will happen? as in what will they reveal?

Seriously though, these are probably 2 pages out of 6 most likely. There seems to be something on Pokemon platinum behind these pages, so maybe they're going to compare it to something. I mean the game names haven't even been seen in a scan yet, so I remain optimistic that this is just a tiny bit.

Yeah, more than likely. We'll probably see the Mascots, Box Art and logos on the next two, and... starters on the last two?

Oh Shit, they've screwed up the male character soo bad, sooo bad that they can't do anything about it. I am probably going to go with the female character for the first time in my life. I hope in grey they change the male character.

Yeah, more than likely. We'll probably see the Mascots, Box Art and logos on the next two, and... starters on the last two?
Well maybe not all that, but possibly something that includes artwork for the humans. What kicks me in the gonads the most though is why compare to platinum. I mean do we really get to see Cyrus come out of his Torn World grave and get his oh so sweet revenge on the world? OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT. You can see the ear and the hair of some guy. I hope it is pokemon. Wait, its not platinum, at least it looked like a torn world screenshot, the blue shirt of the guy. SCREW ME.
http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-1.jpg
See what I mean? The part with the DS box all the way on the left

Well maybe not all that, but possibly something that includes artwork for the humans. What kicks me in the gonads the most though is why compare to platinum. I mean do we really get to see Cyrus come out of his Torn World grave and get his oh so sweet revenge on the world? OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT. You can see the ear and the hair of some guy. I hope it is pokemon. Wait, its not platinum, at least it looked like a torn world screenshot, the blue shirt of the guy. SCREW ME.
http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-1.jpg
See what I mean? The part with the DS box all the way on the left

OH SHIT, YOU'RE RIGHT.
Unless it's an ad, since it's just on Page 9. :p

I don't know why I see people complaining about the graphics. They look fine, especially when you consider that these pics are still-images without the full movement that covers many graphical issues.

Aside from the 3D changes, I have 3 more observations if this is a true scan:

* The speech box appears to be a speech bubble now - Look at the guy talking in the store
* It looks like areas will have actual slopes now based on the pic of the girl outside the small house - ala Mt. Moon in HGSS
* Zorua is fighting Zoroark, meaning that it can't be a legendary pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom