• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Dp Title?

Would you people please stop it NOW? Or haven't you paid attention to Pie's warnings? Seems you people forget she's a mod.

For God's sakes. Move this debate to another thread. I agree with Pie here, I'm sick of Saraform turning every anime thread into a debate if Ash stays or not.

I believe you meant to write that it was a cop-out from the game scenario where Norman distances himself from his family.
Not really. The anime can do what it wants though there was some hint of a distance between May and Norman in her first few episodes that never went anywhere.

Back to topic...

If we can return to the topic (gee... do you guys remember that? :rolleyes: )

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'episode title' revealed through that Japanese magazine was actually the 'working title' of the script. Often, when projects start in TV or movies, they only give the script and storyboards a working title to remind the writing team of where it lies in the continuity or the underlying concept of what it is supposed to be about. The actual title of the episode or movie isn't usually set in stone until the final days of production, when the opening titles are being filmed.

I think that the Powers That Be are ensuring that they keep what is going to happen in the D/P (Shinou?) saga very secret. They learnt their lesson from the leaking of the introduction of May right back before the beginning of AG and are not letting anything slip this time. If there are going to be surprises, they want them to stay surprises.

^^^^^
Not in Anime. This is the final title considering it is only a month away.

They've probably already wrote the first few episodes of DP.

I think that the Powers That Be are ensuring that they keep what is going to happen in the D/P (Shinou?) saga very secret. They learnt their lesson from the leaking of the introduction of May right back before the beginning of AG and are not letting anything slip this time. If there are going to be surprises, they want them to stay surprises.
I do not see how this requires a change of title for the first episode. The title arouses the impression of a beginning much like that of the Diamond and Pearl games - heading to Masago Town accompanied by the rival without having received a Pokémon yet, coming across the Professor's suitcase and from that point only time will tell.

In A New Land! A New Adventure!! many liberties were taken from Ruby and Sapphire's beginning in order to allow for Ash, Pikachu and Team Rocket to have their debut in Hoenn. For starters, May did not move to Littleroot Town, but simply paid a visit to Prof. Birch as requested by her father. Then, Prof. Birch just so happened to have left the laboratory minutes before May arrived, so that his assistance could tell her exactly where to find him. In the games, the main character has no such luck, having to meet the Professor's child before being allowed to leave town. Later on, Prof. Birch entrusts the main character with the starter Pokémon he or she used to rescue the Professor, whereas in the anime Prof. Birch would have offered May one of the three starters regardless of her attempt at saving him. Finally, the Professor recommends that the character meet his child on Route 102 so that he or she can engage in a battle for the first time; in contrast, May in the anime was given the Pokédex straight away, and with her bike ruined, decided to join Ash, never setting foot in Littleroot again and not battling for until long after.

Will the same repeat itself in the first Diamond and Pearl episode? The title alone shows us that the focus will not be Ash's grand debut in Shinou, but rather the beginning of Hikari's adventure. Additionally, Hikari is a resident of Futaba Town, like in the games. If the anime is true to the games, Hikari will be prohibited from leaving town without a chaperon - a Pokémon of her own, or alternatively, a trainer. In the Diamond and Pearl games, it is already known that it is the rival character who lends her a hand in making it safely to the Professor's laboratory in Masago Town.

Granted, Ash could simply replace the new rival character. My only question to anyone of this opinion is, why would the Powers That Be opt for advertising Hikari as the only main character, make no attempt to bridge Advanced Generation and Diamond and Pearl (no episode will air before the series premiere) and adhere to a title of a completely different nature to Ash's previous region debuts?

If truth be told, what would be surprising about seeing Ash carry on to Diamond and Pearl? Obviously, all of you have become accustomed to watching him year after year, otherwise you would be expecting the series to follow the games' footsteps with new characters. If so, is it not futile to keep his role a "surprise"?

Since when does the Anime follow the games anymore?

I do believe that someone made a good point on Serebii that it's a ratings gimmick. You have to watch to find out what everyone's fate is. It seems to have worked, too. I believe anything that could be said about DP right now is purely circumstantial. I'd rather not jump to conclusions. In fact, I figured that the first DP title would not answer our questions. There is only one thing that can answer questions right now, and it doesn't happen until two weeks from now.

No, the new CoroCoro will probably come out next week...

And Sushi should have the summary of the first by then as well.

Just because that's what happened last month doesn't mean it's going to happen again, regardless of the impatience of the fans. Things right now aren't as bad as the starter crisis back then, anyway.

Oh, the summary. Never mind, then. I have no idea where summaries come from.

It's from the Newtype.

Sushi said she should have it by the 5th.

^^^
Yeah, too bad the summaries can't be like the ones for GX....

I thought Saraform was a girl....lol.

Maybe it's the name. XD

Yeah, I know.

I did too at first.

And then I read your post a while back where you mistook him as a girl, and you were like, "Huh? Saraform's a guy!?".

Hehe, that was funny. XD

Anyway, I guess I could probably tell he's a guy by the way he words his posts. ^^o

However, I'm not sure if this is just me, but he uses such big gigantic words in his posts and I don't even know what some of those words actually mean. His posts confuse me, lol.

^^^
He does seem to use a more professional way of speaking. Which I think he should lighten up when talking about a Anime aimed at kids.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

And the thing is, I'm usually good with knowing what big words mean and all. Most of them I alreardy know, and some I can just figure out from the context of the sentence.

But I'm not THAT good. Wow, what Saraform can do is amazing. O.O

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom