• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Ever Pokemon Advert In US

The video. Yes, I have seen that. I'm not sure if it actually qualifies as the "first" advert (Pokemon was featured for months in Nintendo Power prior to its actual release), but it was one of the earlier ones.

It's interesting how much technology has changed since then. Can you even buy a new prerecorded VHS tape anymore?

Possibly the first tv advert. Whats worse about it? Giovannis voice or the fact Ash has a load of corny relatives. It still reminds me of the good ol days when I enjoyed pokemon alot more than I do now.

Haha the strange days of robo-Giovanni. <3

And always a complete wtf when an ad (usually an American ad) adds something for humor but generally ruins and strays from the canon of the actual thing of something foreign. D:

Yes, and I'm glad I didn't see that before getting into Pokemon because it sure would have kept me away from it.

Wow. Now look at how far Pokemon has come since they first aired this corny commercial. Now, why, for some reason, does that make Pokemon seem so kiddy?

The best part is Veronica Taylor as Ash's aunt. :D It makes the whole thing worthwhile.

Huh? O.O

Veronica Taylor is Ash's aunt in that video?

OMG!

I had no idea! XD

Okay, now I'm gonna watch the commercial again, just because of that! ^_^

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom