• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda hims

Lysandre

F***ing Fabulous
Reaction score
Re: First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda

Mr. Mime was named by the dubbers accordingly because it has somewhat male features and, at the time the games were released, they had no clue there would ever be set genders for most Pokemon like we have now. "Barrierd", the Japanese name, never gave a gender. The only reason there are female Mr. Mimes is because our versions of the games past Gold and Silver were based on the Japanese version, where female "Barrierds" were abundant. It's considered acceptable because we are used to it but we no longer have the same excuse for such a mistake since everything from gender to personality have been set in stone for a couple of gens now.

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Re: First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda

I dunno.

Mr. Mime was pretty masculine looking even without the Mr. Always wondered why Japan didn't go ahead and make it completely male too, since it was viewed as a Jynx counterpart at the time.

7tx

Reaction score

Falconwing

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score

It's also a fan nickname, so it doesn't matter if Zanuguy is female or not.

GameCodeTrainer

Warrior of 炎
Reaction score

Hey guys check this out, it's a rumor of Z:

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

There's a 95% chance that it could be fake, but who knows, it may be real.

What do ya guys think?

Ethan

Is here to save Jhoto...
Reaction score

WallflowerCanyon

Explore.
Reaction score

Looks like the website made an edit, saying that it is real or somethin'. We shall finds out for sure this Sunday, and I can't wait.:-D

Ethan

Is here to save Jhoto...
Reaction score

Looks like the website made an edit, saying that it is real or somethin'. We shall finds out for sure this Sunday, and I can't wait.:-D
The fact that blue skY and Serebii say this..
Moreover it is almost confirmed.

VeggiePopper

Doc Octillery FTW
Reaction score

OMG!! It's true!! And it just looks so awesome!!!

WallflowerCanyon

Explore.
Reaction score

OMG!! It's true!! And it just looks so awesome!!!
This. Just looking at it makes me imagine that it has pretty high Speed and Attack stats. It's too awesome for words...:drool: If they actually decide to put a Dark-type Gym in these games, I can definately see the Gym Leader using it and maybe the evil team leader too.

Lulichan

Reaction score

Just love them *-* (maybe because I love foxes xD)

JWittz

Reaction score

Does anybody know what type these guys are, or is it all just speculation? I think they're pretty cool looking, and I'm excited for the rest of generation V!

Falconwing

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score

Dark type. It says so right on the scans.