• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest First gym leaders: Brock vs Falkner vs Roxanne vs Roark vs Cilan vs Chili vs Cress

FatKidLovesCoke

Reaction score
Simple enough, fave first gym leader out of all generations

EDIT: Mods, move if necessary, but please message me if you do

Re: Favorite First Gym Leader

Roxanne. Hottest first gym leader around. Can't help it.

For some strange reason I like Chili the most... I usually don't like fire types...

I'm going to have to go with Brock. Not because he was the first, but because he has the most personality (mostly thanks to the anime).

Re: First gym leaders: Brock vs Falkner vs Roxanne vs Roark vs Cilan vs Chili vs Cres

Well, I'm torn between Falkner and Cilan. I don't like Falkner himself, so much as I have some strange obsession with his father, who I think is the coolest unseen pokemon character out there. Then again, I like Cilan because he finally got rid of Brock, he looks sharp in that suit, and he was the only first gym leader that I actually had trouble with. The vote goes for Falkner, the original non-rock starter.

Re: First gym leaders: Brock vs Falkner vs Roxanne vs Roark vs Cilan vs Chili vs Cres

I like Brock best, honestly.

But in an all-out battle royale, I think Cilan would win because of his Pansage having an advantage over Cress, Roxanne, Brock, and Roark. Chili's Pansear and Falkner's Pokémon would most likely be the first to go, all being weak to rock-types. Plus, Pansear is weak to Cress's Panpour.

I voted Falkner.

Which is also a vote for Cress, because they're the same person O_O

I guess the blueness of Cress convinced me to pick him. Besides, his voice in the show is really smooth.

Thanks for reading.

Brock, he was the first gym leader ever!

For some reason I like Roark the most. Probably because he has glasses like me.

i chose falkner because of his hair XD

Roxanne for me. She's the only girl, she's a sexy teacher, and she was the hardest of the uh... seven. I really like her looks and her skills, and wouldn't mind taking a class or two under her... and I mean no euphemism with that. Maybe. :-D

I actually quite like most first gym leaders equally aside from SWSH's Milo (he's okay, but I don't like him as much). I'd say it's a tie between Brock and BW2's Cheren as top favorite though; the former is mainly cause I'm quite fond of Brock's anime counterpart, and the latter is cause Cheren is probably the cutest male rival imo, and he's just cooler as a gym leader in the sequels.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom