• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First look at the XY 3DS XL!

The latest versions of anything are the ones that gets the attention, and in the end phasing out the earlier ones, so there's no reason to be surprised. The original 3DS is phased out.

I'm really interested in the blue one, but the fact that it got XY pre-installed puts me off since I'm already planning to get the retail ones. Hmm, can it be deleted?

The blue one is just beautiful. The gold one looks tacky as hell.

The latest versions of anything are the ones that gets the attention, and in the end phasing out the earlier ones, so there's no reason to be surprised. The original 3DS is phased out.

I'm really interested in the blue one, but the fact that it got XY pre-installed puts me off since I'm already planning to get the retail ones. Hmm, can it be deleted?

I'm not certain, however, I assume you'll find the case to be that you can delete it and then re download it again at anytime for free. I believe that's how they normally do things once you've purchased something and then delete it. I'm sure that is how it works, if you are willing to spend the extra money purchasing the hard copy.

Having bought the Pikachu one, I'm a little annoyed xD. If they do come out internationally (and I imagine at least the blue one will), I will be tempted to trade in my regular blue 3DS.

If given the option, I'd choose the Gold model, but seeing how exclusive it is in Japan, it's doubtful we'll get it here in the states. The Blue model is a solid consolation prize, but seeing as how the games will assuredly be pre-loaded, I don't know if I'll pull the trigger or not. I mean, I do need to get a 3DS, as I currently lack one, but I want physical copies of the games, and I don't want to pay for the digital copy AND a physical copy.

I find the colors of the blue one particularly colorful. I don't really have an opinion on the gold edition though, because I haven't bothered to take a good look at it. Besides, I'd rather have a red version of the system instead of gold, since I feel that red and blue suit X and Y better than blue and gold.

I wish there was a red one too with Yveltal outlined in white.

I think it's in black for a reason. In everything so far, Xerneas has always been associated with light colors, and Yveltal with dark ones. Even in the trailers, Yveltal is commonly seen using a dark purple beam, while Xerneas uses a white one. I personally think this represents at least one of each of their types (fairy and dark), but that is for another thread.

Back on topic, they both look great, but I prefer the style of the blue one. I won't be getting one though, such is the life of a college student who lacks a few hundred dollars lying around. :D

Pokemon X and Y Edition 3DS XL

Hey everyone so as we all know Nintendo has shown us that they are making a Pokemon X and Y limited edition 3DS XL Bundle, forgive me if i sound behind but can someone tell me a little more about it, is it really just a new paint job/3DS Shell like the Pikachu edition XL or is it like gonna have Pokemon X and Y pre-installed and most importantly, will it be coming to America? thanks I plan on buying Pokemon Y along with a new 3DS and i was just wondering if the special edition 3DS was coming to America or if i should just buy a normal 3DS XL Thanks

Last edited:
Good lord, I want the blue one so badly... lack of money is a truly awful thing. That, and I already have a purple 3DS, but my mind is going "IT'S AN XL IT'S BIGGER AUGH IT'S PROBABLY LIMITED EDITION BUY IT ANYWAY AUGH"

it should come to America ok

I'd love to get one, but I don't want a digital XY. I want physical copies, not digital :( So, I might still get one, but probably not. Oh well. But still, they're damn beautiful. Those are probably the best designs yet. I personally prefer the blue one.

This looks amazing! I'm tempted to get it if it comes to Australia. Would it be worth buying a 3DS XL if I already have just a regular 3DS?

This looks amazing! I'm tempted to get it if it comes to Australia. Would it be worth buying a 3DS XL if I already have just a regular 3DS?

Depends I suppose. If your 3DS works perfectly, I'd suggest against. But if it has any issues with any buttons (my L and R shouler buttons suck) or if it's really scratched up, then I would encourage it. But it's personal preference really.

I would have liked it a lot better if there had been separate blue Xerneas and red Yveltal XLs.
The blue one is still nice, but it's not enough to make me consider trading in mine. Pink is VERY nice.

It's really nice! If I recall correctly, I think there are little silhouettes of the starters on the back of it! The gold Pokemon Center one was really pretty too! Xerneas's silhouette reminded me of Shishigami a tiny bit on the gold one.

I still prefer that Pikachu version. I would buy this one only to trade for it.

It looks really pretty, but for some reason I'm not all too content with it. Of course I have a 3DS of my own, so I wouldn't really need it but....hm..it's really hard to explain. I guess I expected it to be a lot fancier? Perhaps if it wasn't blue, but maybe silver, and had glitter or something. Whatever, just me being picky. xD;

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom