• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Lvl 100

burningdoubt

Reaction score
This thread is to state the first Legitimate Lvl 100 you obtained. (And Rare Candied in Red, Blue, Gold or Silver, does not Count as Legitimate)

My first was my My Trusty Dragonite I Breed it in my Pearl And Traded it into my Diamond when i started a new game. He helped me through many tough battles at the battle tower.

My very first was a Kadabra in Blue, so many years ago. (No, I didn't pump it full of Candies.) I still didn't know much about Pokemon then, and I thought Kadabra could evolve into Alakazam by level. That's how I learned the maximum level.

Yellow Pikachu. I went through elite four using only him. lost all my pp restoring stuff in the end.

My first illigal was a golbat ( over level 100) by the missingno. Glitch.

But my first legal was a Blissey... :/

I don't think I've gotten a Pokemon to lvl 100 legitimately before. =( Illegally, I think it was Charizard.

Guess Metagross will be the first, he's nearing lvl 90.

My Crobat from my second Pearl file was my first legitimate level 100. I still have it; I traded most of my Pokemon to Platinum before I started a new game.

This thread is to state the first Legitimate Lvl 100 you obtained. (And Rare Candied in Red, Blue, Gold or Silver, does not Count as Legitimate)

Why would you not count rare candying at least part of the way to L100 in RBYGSC as legitimate? If anything, those are the two generations where it IS legitimate. You still have to battle the same amount to get all your Stat EXP regardless of what level you are. In contrast, in Gen III and IV, once you EV train you can Rare Candy to L100 and still have the stats you want. So really, it was much more work to get a fully trained L100 Poke in the first two gens that it is now, rare candies or not.

Why would you not count rare candying at least part of the way to L100 in RBYGSC as legitimate?

I think he meant like if you used the Missigno glitch to get a bunch of Rare Candies in order to get the Pokemon to level 100.

I think he meant like if you used the Missigno glitch to get a bunch of Rare Candies in order to get the Pokemon to level 100.

Yeah, he probably did. That would make your Pokemon have terribly low stats, of course. I was saying as far as properly trained Pokemon go, the first 2 generations took more work, with or without candies.

It was either my Swampert or Groudon in Ruby. Can't remember which. I just used the candies in RBY, and don't think I ever got one in Silver

None until Altaria on Sapphire.

Actually, she was a pain in the arse when trying to raise her, she was just around lvl 65 when the rest of my team was at 75-80 something, and after that, she somehow rocketed to the lvl 100 mark while the rest were just 85-ish.

My First Legit Lvl. 100 Shiny I obtained in a trade...not sure if that counts, but I saw the person I traded with train it all the way up to lvl. 100 without Candies...and it was a Shiny Rayquaza, fully Legit!

Yeah, he probably did. That would make your Pokemon have terribly low stats, of course. I was saying as far as properly trained Pokemon go, the first 2 generations took more work, with or without candies.

The reason i said that troggy was because i view (rare canding pokemon as cheating, especially in rby where one could very easily use the missingo glich) it takes a real effort to train to lvl 100. and yes i wont act innocent i did use it, but to me there is no substitute for go old fashion training. and i got most of my in my red to there 90's without rare candy's of course i had over 400 hours playing that game that goes without saying but i could be done,(and im not just talking about my main team.)

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom