• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Pokemon Game

GamerGX

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a question. What was your first Pokemon game? Or the first one you can remember playing?

Also, how did you feel the first time you played a Pokemon Game?

My first Pokemon game was Blue Mystery dungeon, my first main series game was Platinum. But the first Pokemon I remember playing was Sapphire(It was my friend's copy).
I don't remember how I felt, i have trouble remembering that kind of stuff...I think I was really happy, since I liked Pokemon already, and I got to play a video game,which my parents forbade me from doing until the 4th grade(if only if I knew about emulators at the time...).
I don't know how I survived without video games for that long.

My first Pokemon game ever, I believe, was Blue. I picked Squirtle as my very first starter Pokemon, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I also got some bright idea to have two poison-types on the same team; don't know where that came from, but then again, I was six at the time. xD

Yellow or Blue or Red would have been my first, I had even played Green at one point, lol. They are still my favourites, to me, nothing beats the original games. xo

Pokémon gold and Silver

I'm pretty sure there's already a topic for this, but not 100%

I believe Yellow was my first game. I thought it was awesome how Pikachu would walk around with you. It was pretty awesome at the time.

I also started with Yellow. I was immediately addicted to the gameplay, but I had no idea what I was doing, and caught random pokes until I had 6. I ended up rotating pokes for a long time until I had all three starters, and then I pretty much concentrated on three pokes only for a while until I got to Koga, and then I had trouble, so I fully evolved all three starters. I was a pretty big idiot because my first impressions were from the anime, and thus I didn't know the type alignments properly. My first playthrough was pretty much a failure even though I did beat the game. My original team from that playthrough was kept until I beat FR/LG, and then, since I decided that team would replace them, I deleted my Yellow team. They were the first pokes I trained to L:100.

I got into Pokemon only a few years ago, and my first game was SoulSilver. But, my friend's copy of Ruby lead me to buying it. Kudos to him!

Mine was Pokemon Blue. I evolved my Squirtle before I even went to the Viridian Forest and didn't stop playing until I got stuck in Cerulean City - and didn't even save the game once until I finally did turn off my Game Boy Color. Lol.

Pokemon is the reason I got into RPGs.

Last edited:
My first Pokemon game was Leaf Green (fitting, as FRLG are remakes of the original games), but my earliest Pokemon game is my Japanese Red, which I'm pretty proud to have.

The first Pokémon game I ever played was my cousin's Pokémon Red Rescue Team (I got a sassy nature and I was a Torchic), the first Pokémon game I ever owned, though, was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time.

Pokémon Diamond. I actually hated the series before that, because I thought it was based completely from the TCG, and I don't know why, but I really don't like trading card games. Then I found out the video game was completely different and started playing it. Then I got addicted. =)

Red! I got it for christmas off my Grandad.... but I didnt have a gameboy... so I cried my eyes out. Until he stopped laughing and gave me a gameboy too!

First game was Yellow, but I had no idea what was going on.

First successful game was Sapphire.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom