• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First time you went...oh cool! etc...

A: Capturing rayquaza using only 2 Great balls on the first try. :D
B: Mah shiny tentacool
C: Mah shiny Nidoking
D: When Reds fucking Snorlax died in G/S/C

Mewtwo, Great Ball, etc.

Shiny Sandshrew. Union Cave. Kick awesome.

SHINY MEDITITE HATCHED ON SPEAR PILLAR, OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH.

I almost died when it hatched. First shiny in eight years, and it not only became a Psycho (Yoga!) but also had the best nature and moves that I wanted.

And as for why I was hatching it on SP? Special circumstances, I guess. Just was hoping for that 1/8192 chance to be true... AND IT WAAAAAS!

SHINY MEDITITE HATCHED ON SPEAR PILLAR, OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH.

I almost died when it hatched. First shiny in eight years, and it not only became a Psycho (Yoga!) but also had the best nature and moves that I wanted.

And as for why I was hatching it on SP? Special circumstances, I guess. Just was hoping for that 1/8192 chance to be true... AND IT WAAAAAS!

Ohhhh man your sooo lucky!! Thats really Kick Ass!

It was in my Pokemon Emerald game. I had just gave my Feebas a few Pokeblocks to increase her beauty. I then had it battle for a little while. Suddenly, without warning, it evolved into a Milotic. I was literally jumping for joy at this.

Probably my best poke moment was when I caught a Snorlax at full HP with a poke ball. My jaw literally dropped.

I get all excited every time I find a shiny Pokemon. The first few times it happened was when I was playing on ROMs I had and my shiny Zigzagoon was from Nintendo World Store so it totally didn't count, though. But lately I've been playing Emerald and managed to catch my first two non-Gyarados shinies - a Baltoy and a Sableye. Emerald is my lucky shiny file. <3

Also in Emerald - I pretty much accidentally caught Rayquaza. I tried to catch it first when my Pokemon were all around level 49 and failed miserably. I tried again when they were at level 53, just for kicks, because I knew Rayquaza doesn't like Ultra Balls... somehow it went in after ten balls. My jaw kind of dropped there.

I wow'ed all over myself when I beat FireRed a few days ago. I got all emotional. Red was my first Pokemon game so I was all... nostalgic, I guess. I couldn't believe I'd have the patience to go through all that now. XD

I recall going wow at Diamond a lot when I started playing it. All the shiny new animation was definitely to my liking. I especially liked the bit at Spear Pillar, it's just wow-ful. I bet Torn World is just as awesome when you actually play in it.

I forgot which one it was, but once in saphire, I either caught Kyogre with only 1 ball or a poke ball, or maybe it was both...

There was also one time my level 30 Golem beat a level 59 Farfect'd and Swellow. Granted, it did have a type advantage, but still.

When I figured out for to use the PC storage system in Saphirre (it was my first pokemon game). I was really n00bish back then (still am really), and had no idea that you can rotate your pokemon. Don't ask me why I thought that, I just did. xD

The first time I saw a shiny poke in FR, it was a Natu and I nearly jumped for joy. Sadly, I couldn't catch it, seeing as at that time I was just trying to beat the game, so all my pokes lvls were in the 50s and 70s, while that Natu was in the 20s. *sigh*

I wow'ed all over myself when I beat FireRed a few days ago. I got all emotional. Red was my first Pokemon game so I was all... nostalgic, I guess. I couldn't believe I'd have the patience to go through all that now. XD

Dont worry mate i cant even turn my gold on or ill start crying lol

I was pretty much amazed with the whole game in general, back when I first got Pokemon blue. Shortly after I got yellow and I remembered how happy I was when I realized how it sorta followed the TV show and the fact that you could obtain all the starters without trading. I just happened to get Yellow from my Grandma form a flea market so I didn't know anything about it beforehand.

Then when I got Diamond it was the day before a long plane flight so I played it the whole trip and was pretty much taken aback by how much the visual style of the game evolved (bad pokemon pun) so much, while the basics stayed the same. (which I'm thankful for)

Other than that, my first shiny experience was in diamond in the great Marsh with a Psyduck. It was like two in the morning and I couldn't sleep so I booted up the DS and lord behold I ran into shiny Psyduck, I let out a little shout but I don't think I woke anyone up. :D

I found a shiny sneasal in snowpoint temple and I freaked out after six years of playing I finally found a shiny without trying.

I remember encountering a shiny Onix in Crystal...and I think I also found a shiny Clefairy. I found a lot of shiny Pokemon in that game, but I've never been able to find any in the newer games without an Action Replay.

This is gonna sound stupid, but, I was playing silver and noticed the red gyrados. I was all like, "WHY THE F*** IS IT RED!?!?!" Later, I discovered that it was shiny and thought, Oh...

Another time was the first time I got a charizard. I couldn't stop ranting about it to everyone.

I went oh cool today when it took me half the time to get up the sky pillar and get rayquaza in Sapphire. I finally get it after it KO'd iself 3 times and the last tey with several ultra, luxary, poke and great balls. I then save and turn off DS a bit fast... save game corrupts, oh no! But I still had the ccaught rayquaza, phew.

OK, it may not sound original, but my first shiny Ponyta that I found on Mt. Silver also had me going "wow!".

I also remember when I was playing Crystal, and encountered Entei in the wild for the first time. I was scared out of my mind when I heard the legendary music.

A lot of these happened when I got my first pokemon game, Silver. I started out, found a jigglypuff on the southern-half-dead-end area of route 46, and was thinking "Awesome, it's a Jigglypuff!"

There was also when that old man was showing me around Cherygrove city, told about the pond area and "how you can find water-type pokemon here." I immediately thought that I was going to find a Squirtle there.

I thought of one more: the time I caught Rayquaza with a premier ball. From that point on, I thought premier balls were a type of really good poke ball, instead of just an ordinary poke ball with its colors changed.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom