• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fixing pokemon designs

Eeveely

ScVi HYPE!!!!
Reaction score
Between 812pokemon designs, wich ones do you think need only some details to become better? And wich ones do you think are just some lazy designs (like the vannilia ice cream pokemon,the klings... ) that should have never existed ?And can you make the ideas of those bad designs a better pokemon
Ex:
For me , the problem with incineroar is that the biggest part ot it is .... his boring grey muscles, I think it would be better if it had some fire marks on the black lines on its musles or if the grey was orange

You can discuss anything about desings in this thread

Pidgey, Raticate, Persian, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Mankey, Dewgong, Piloswine, Bibarel, Starly, Staravia, Tranquill: They need more vibrant colors and extra details that make them look less like animals.
Wartortle: Make it resemble Blastoise more (yes, I know why it doesn't resemble it).
Magmar: Get rid of the lumps on its face, the bracelets and many of the spikes, and make the transition between yellow and red smoother. Take inspiration from Magby.
Cleffa: Use the demo design + a star pattern so it looks more unique.
Octillery, Smoochum: Use the demo design.
Magmortar: Everything from Magmar + more natural flames + a less "blackface" face.
Bronzong: Make the face easier to identify and give it a more solemn look, make the bell larger and with a Buddhist robes pattern.
Probopass: Give it Nosepass' eyes and half the nose's size so it resembles a moai more.
Dusknoir: Make it a grim reaper with a few mummy influences.
Spiritomb: Double the size, give it hands and a more sinister look.
Hydreigon: Make it three headed and grounded, give it a larger body.
Klank: Use Klinklang's design and add an extra face in the big gear.
Klinklank: Design it like a giant clock with hands, obviously without deviating much from the gear concept.
Gurdurr, Conkeldurr: Give them helmets, get rid of the nose.
Cincinno: Make it look bigger and sleekier, like Furret but with a more serious face.
Cryogonal: Make it cute instead of menacing.
Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus: Get rid of the moustache in the Therian forms, make them more distinct in their Incarnate forms playing with age and gender of each one.
Accelgor: Give it more ninja influences.
Samurott: Reduce the moustache, give it a full body armor.
Unfezant: More vibrant colors and even a useful tail like a male peacock's.
Aromatisse: Was a sleek dancer flamingo too hard to design? And make the nose bigger so the plague doctor inspiration is clearer.
Goodra: Redesign it into a giant snail with knight armor, make the goo of a different color.
Aegislash: Redesign it into a knight ghost.
Carbink, Klefki: Make them small elves or fairies with the same concept.
Toucannon: Make it happier.
Araquanid: Play more with the body shape like Dewpider, give it less smaller eyes.
Silvally: Give it wings.

I agree that Toucannon has a "resting rage face" that needs to be fixed (the eyes are a large part).

Mega Charizard X shouldn't be black unless it's actually shiny. Make it Charmeleon red or something.

Can they just add details on Goldeen and Seaking, those two are probably the blandest-looking Pokemon I have ever seen. Who the heck gets excited over a goldfish with a paper cone glued to its face?

Wartortle: Make it resemble Blastoise more (yes, I know why it doesn't resemble it).
Do it the other way round- make Blastoise resemble Wartortle more. So much is lost in the transition- the ears and tail for instance.

Toucannon: Make it happier.
I like to think that’s the appeal of Toucannon. It’s going to be a generic Toucan otherwise.

Pignite- First off, make it quadrupedal. Second, make the body and the snout longer. Third, give it small beginnings of tusks beside its mouth. With the gold spots on its shoulders, I would either have them be small flames or I would remove them and have the black colorations head upwards and over a small hump behind Pignite’s head then end at the snout.

Emboar- Again, make it quadrupedal, make it’s body and snout longer, make the tusks longer and sharper, a hump behind its head to demonstrate the strength this creature has. Give it a stream of fire that goes from it’s head to the beginning of its lower back. Maybe I’d keep the fire beard.

-Make Female Sawsbuck not identical to male sawsbuck.
-Turn Pichu into that hilariously dumb ball design from the Gold/Silver demo.
-Give Smoochum the design from the Gold/Siver demo. Make it purple of course since we can't have black void head Jynx/Smoochum.
-Make ALL the starters final evolutions bipedal :wynaut:
-Give Machoke and Machamp their tails back. It just vanishes after Machop evolves and I think it'd help make it look more monster like.
-Make. Shiny Nidoqueen. Match. The other Nidos. They all have the colors of the opposite gender except Nidoqueen. MAKE HER MATCH. IT UPSETS ME.

(DON'T TOUCH MY CONSTANTLY JUDGING TOUCANNON HE IS MY PRECIOUS CHILD)

I don't want to alter Pokemon designs too much, even if I have qualms with them. But here's what I have:
  • Give Dragonite an orb on its neck and an orb coming out of its tail to help it match better with Dragonair.

• Make Delphox's ear hair longer, smoother, and silky. I feel it would help it making it more graceful and less... raggety-looking. (And for the love of God, just redo its 3D model entirely. It makes it look like a Christmas tree)

• Incineroar would be fine if they changed its face. It just looks too goofy and cartoony. I know the point is to be the heel Pokemon, but I wish it had a more "cool" vibe to it. Maybe just give it a subtle, mischievous smirk with less crazy-looking eyes. I think it would fit better with the catish mystique that Litten and Torracat have.

-Make. Shiny Nidoqueen. Match. The other Nidos. They all have the colors of the opposite gender except Nidoqueen. MAKE HER MATCH. IT UPSETS ME.
My headcanon has always been that someone, somewhere messed up with her color and they didn't catch it on time. It might also be a leftover from the Spaceworld demo, since light blue Pokémon there were green when they were shiny.

Make Delphox's ear hair longer, smoother, and silky. I feel it would help it making it more graceful and less... raggety-looking. (And for the love of God, just redo its 3D model entirely. It makes it look like a Christmas tree)
Yeah, Delphox's basic design is fine, but its in-game animations are just HORRIBLE.

Contrast: I don't really like Braixen's design, but just look at how well they animated it in Pokken Tournament....

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom