• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Event Fizzy Fright Fest!

According to my research
Reaction score
CyberBlastoise: You enter the Circus Tent with your Finneon, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Finneon starts off by creating a Magnetic polarity within its body to Rise off the ground. It then summoned Rain clouds to put itself back in its natural element and Swiftly speed through the course. It finishes by riding the air currents it created through a series of Gusts. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
Swift gives a big bow as he finishes in record time. The tickets that Bill accumulated from that was the most amount. "Wow, Swift, that was so cool". The Finneon beamed a fishy smile. Bill returned the fish and decided to go to the last place he could think of, the fun and games section. Lots of put the ring on the (now broken) bottle and some old basketball games, but the one that caught his eye was...

- Shooting Gallery: The quickest draw in all the land; Take careful aim and knock down as many targets as possible with pinpoint precision!

Bill pulls out the Pokeball of his starter. As he approaches the shooting Gallery he says "Silver, I choose you!" His Squirtle appears in a bright light. Silver starts looking at the flashing lights of all the fun looking arcade games. Bill points at the shooting gallery. "Silver, I want you to use Bubble on the wider targets, then use your Water Gun for the farther ones then finish it off with Surf if there is a massive wave of targets without the penalty ones."

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Zelphon: You step up to the Hammer Game with your Dragapult, ready to take part in the feat of strength. Dragapult begins by pumping itself up with a Draconic Dance before creating a series of illusory clones. It then Smacks Down on the lever as hard as it can. The weight shoots up the pole, nearly making it to the top before falling back down. Once you have finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

CyberBlastoise: You call forth your Squirtle as the targets of the Shooting Gallery are set up. Squirtle starts things off by firing a flurry of Bubbles to knock over some targets. It then shoots a torrent of Water before finishing with a small wave to hit as many as it could. Most of the targets were knocked down, but a few managed to slip through. Once you’ve finished, the ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
The sounds of music resonating from theme park attractions, winning bells dinging, the whoosh of a rollercoaster clacking down a track, and the screams of thrill seekers echoed across the island throughout the duration of the evening and deep into the night. Shortly after the stroke of midnight as the majority of the visitors had gotten their fill of fun and excitement, people began to gather around the tent that the film crew had set up as their base of operations.

The film crew was hard at work compiling all of the footage they had captured throughout the evening. Images of Sableye watching and giggling at failed attempts of various guests, a flock of Drifloon tethered to some sign posts, a Purrloin stealthily slinking between visitors’ feet looking for something to pilfer, the haunted faces of Gastly camouflaged in the dark haze, and the ominous silhouette of an Absol watching from the distance atop a Ferris wheel car reflected off of various television monitors as they reviewed the film. “Looks like we’ve got some great material here… There’s still hours more of footage to sift through, but no sign of any of these ‘regional forms’ you keep hyping up, Professor…” Dawn Hattenbrough noted skeptically.

Professor Palm seemed unfazed as his focus remained fixated on the task at hand and addressed the trainers who had gathered. “Thank you all for your help- we’ve generated a ton of excitement here tonight and it’s really drawn out a lot of the natural wildlife! There’s still a lot of work to be done to go through all of our observations, but I suppose now is as good a time as ever to reward you for all of your hard work!” The disheveled professor directed everyone’s attention over to a makeshift counter that had been set up and stacked with an array of prizes. “I hope you all enjoyed yourselves tonight, so feel free to cash in your Carnival Coupons for some of these prizes! Additionally, for those of you who have submit your observations in the search for a Fizzytopian Regional Variant, I’ve got an extra 5 Carnival Coupons as thanks for all of your hard work!”

Here is a running total of everyone’s Carnival Coupons:
TheKnightsFury: 36
Faiyaa: 36
Missingno. Master: 35
SpinyShell: 35
Raves: 34
lilbluecorsola: 33
King Ghidorah: 33
Asteiri: 32
Lil’twick: 31
Connor: 31
Mana Opal: 31
Zorchic: 29
myahoo: 29
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat: 28
CyberBlastoise: 27
Zelphon5: 27
grassyglide: 26
Biggggg5: 26
Pearl’s Perap: 25
Heather_915: 7
empoleon dynamite: 7
Emilia: 7
Sneasel12: 5
SlashKub: 5
Ironthunder: 4
blu3shift: 2
OkikuMew: 2
Enigmatic Professor: 2

As the trainers scanned the prize counter, they observed the selection and took note of their prices. Due to supply and demand, certain items have a maximum allowed that each customer may purchase. :
15 Coupons – 1x Fizzytopian Essence* [Max. 1 per customer]
10 Coupons – 1x TR
8 Coupons – 1x Custom Hold Item
5 Coupons – 1x Custom Pokeball
4 Coupons – 1x Luxury Ball
4 Coupons – 1x Evolutionary Item
3 Coupons – 1x Apricorn Pokeball (Level, Lure, Friend, Moon, Love, Fast)
3 Coupons – 1x Mysterious Gummi [Max. 5 per customer]
2 Coupons – 1x Dept. Store Pokeball (Dive, Dusk, Heal, Nest, Net, Quick, Repeat, Timer)
2 Coupons – 1x Type Enhancer Hold Item (ex. Black Belt, Charcoal, Magnet, etc.)
1 Coupon – 1x Rare Candy [Max. 5 per customer]
1 Coupon – 1x Yummi Gummi [Max. 5 per customer]
* Fizzytopian Essence may be exchanged for 50 Watts in the Watt Repository, however they are untradeable.
Carnival Coupons will not retain any value following the conclusion of this event so make sure you spend them now!

~~~~~~~​

“These little party favors are nice and all, but where’s my big scoop?!” Dawn interjected, breaking up the revelry. Professor Palm adjusted the frame of his glasses and stared down at the clipboard in his hands. Attached to it were countless sheets of observations gathered by the trainers who had participated. “Well, we’ve gathered tons of data here tonight, and while not all of them can be proven if they exist or not, the findings here are invaluable to our research. It’s possible that any special lifeforms were just waiting for the right conditions to present themselves to—” Dawn quickly cut him off with a dismissive wave of her hand. “Oh spare me the idealism, Palm- if you think the viewers will accept some secondhand reports as tangible evidence then you’re a bigger hack than I—”

Dawn Hattenbrough is interrupted as something pulls on her pant leg. She looked down and jumped in shock as a strange looking face stared up at her, inciting a shriek. A grin crept onto Professor Palm’s face as he flipped through the sheets on his clipboard. “Like I was saying, maybe this creature felt like you could use a little prize to go home with. Now let’s see… ah, here’s the data on this species.” He landed on the page that had the observation report for the creature before them and held it up for all to see.

“This little creature looks to be a Fizzytopian Trubbish, also known as a Trubbfish. First observed by the trainer Emp! Thank you for your contribution; this has been invaluable to my research!” Dawn scrunched her nose and gingerly picked it up by the tip of the bag and handed it to Emp. “Then you take it! That dead fish creeps me out! And you guys, why aren’t you getting this on film yet?” she snipped at the cameramen.

Congratulations to empoleon dynamite! It was an incredibly close race that came down to the wire. Thank you all for voting, and an even bigger thanks to all of you who submitted your wonderful artwork! For coming in first place, empoleon dynamite is awarded a lv.1 female Trubbfish!

With the area’s wildlife and the regional variant properly captured on camera and the prizes given out, it was time for the festivities to come to a close. “Well, I’d say that was another successful expedition- thank you all so much for coming and helping me out! I can’t stress enough how critical it is to progress my research. Until next time, I hope that I can work with you all again in the future!” Professor Palm made some final observations of Trubbfish and wrote them down in his notes and began to pack up his equipment. “Palm wait,” Dawn called out as she approached him. There was a look of remorse on her face. “I owe you an apology. Your research was spot on. If you’d allow me, I’d like to interview you for a segment on the program to highlight your research further. You’ll be the top researcher in your field in no time!” Professor turned around with a warm smile on his face. “Sounds fine by me, but remember, we’re all first!”

~~~~~~~​

And that wraps up this Fizzy Fest contest! Thank you all so much for participating and making it a true joy to run, and thanks to Lit and Perap for helping me with the updates! Discussions about Trubbfish will commence shortly, much like we did with Pumpkasaur following the previous contest. We will also be holding a feedback survey to gauge community opinion on what aspects of these contests people like and what things we can improve upon. I’m sure you are curious how the voting went, so here are the results for the top-5 vote getters!

According to my research
Reaction score

As the trainers scanned the prize counter, they observed the selection and took note of their prices. Due to supply and demand, certain items have a maximum allowed that each customer may purchase. :

10 Coupons – 1x TR

2 Coupons – 1x Dept. Store Pokeball (Dive, Dusk, Heal, Nest, Net, Quick, Repeat, Timer)

* Fizzytopian Essence may be exchanged for 50 Watts in the Watt Repository, however they are untradeable.
Exchanging 15 tickets for the Fizzytopian Essence
10 coupons for 2x Aqua Balls
2 tickets for a Dive Ball

Reaction score

10 Coupons – 1x TR

Carnival Coupons will not retain any value following the conclusion of this event so make sure you spend them now!
splitting up my 26 tickets as follows:
  • 15 tickets for 1x Fizzytopian Essence
  • 3 tickets for 1x Friend Ball
  • 6 tickets for 2x Mysterious Gummis
  • 2 tickets for 2x Yummi Gummis

and using the Friend Ball to house my Rowlet

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
The sounds of music resonating from theme park attractions, winning bells dinging, the whoosh of a rollercoaster clacking down a track, and the screams of thrill seekers echoed across the island throughout the duration of the evening and deep into the night. Shortly after the stroke of midnight as the majority of the visitors had gotten their fill of fun and excitement, people began to gather around the tent that the film crew had set up as their base of operations.

The film crew was hard at work compiling all of the footage they had captured throughout the evening. Images of Sableye watching and giggling at failed attempts of various guests, a flock of Drifloon tethered to some sign posts, a Purrloin stealthily slinking between visitors’ feet looking for something to pilfer, the haunted faces of Gastly camouflaged in the dark haze, and the ominous silhouette of an Absol watching from the distance atop a Ferris wheel car reflected off of various television monitors as they reviewed the film. “Looks like we’ve got some great material here… There’s still hours more of footage to sift through, but no sign of any of these ‘regional forms’ you keep hyping up, Professor…” Dawn Hattenbrough noted skeptically.

Professor Palm seemed unfazed as his focus remained fixated on the task at hand and addressed the trainers who had gathered. “Thank you all for your help- we’ve generated a ton of excitement here tonight and it’s really drawn out a lot of the natural wildlife! There’s still a lot of work to be done to go through all of our observations, but I suppose now is as good a time as ever to reward you for all of your hard work!” The disheveled professor directed everyone’s attention over to a makeshift counter that had been set up and stacked with an array of prizes. “I hope you all enjoyed yourselves tonight, so feel free to cash in your Carnival Coupons for some of these prizes! Additionally, for those of you who have submit your observations in the search for a Fizzytopian Regional Variant, I’ve got an extra 5 Carnival Coupons as thanks for all of your hard work!”

TheKnightsFury: 36

Faiyaa: 36

Missingno. Master: 35

Raves: 34

lilbluecorsola: 33

King Ghidorah: 33

Asteiri: 32

Mana Opal: 31

Zorchic: 29

sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat: 28

Zelphon5: 27

Biggggg5: 26

Heather_915: 7

empoleon dynamite: 7

Emilia: 7

Sneasel12: 5

SlashKub: 5

Ironthunder: 4

blu3shift: 2

OkikuMew: 2

10 Coupons – 1x TR

~~~~~~~

“These little party favors are nice and all, but where’s my big scoop?!” Dawn interjected, breaking up the revelry. Professor Palm adjusted the frame of his glasses and stared down at the clipboard in his hands. Attached to it were countless sheets of observations gathered by the trainers who had participated. “Well, we’ve gathered tons of data here tonight, and while not all of them can be proven if they exist or not, the findings here are invaluable to our research. It’s possible that any special lifeforms were just waiting for the right conditions to present themselves to—” Dawn quickly cut him off with a dismissive wave of her hand. “Oh spare me the idealism, Palm- if you think the viewers will accept some secondhand reports as tangible evidence then you’re a bigger hack than I—”

Dawn Hattenbrough is interrupted as something pulls on her pant leg. She looked down and jumped in shock as a strange looking face stared up at her, inciting a shriek. A grin crept onto Professor Palm’s face as he flipped through the sheets on his clipboard. “Like I was saying, maybe this creature felt like you could use a little prize to go home with. Now let’s see… ah, here’s the data on this species.” He landed on the page that had the observation report for the creature before them and held it up for all to see.

“This little creature looks to be a Fizzytopian Trubbish, also known as a Trubbfish. First observed by the trainer Emp! Thank you for your contribution; this has been invaluable to my research!” Dawn scrunched her nose and gingerly picked it up by the tip of the bag and handed it to Emp. “Then you take it! That dead fish creeps me out! And you guys, why aren’t you getting this on film yet?” she snipped at the cameramen.

Congratulations to empoleon dynamite! It was an incredibly close race that came down to the wire. Thank you all for voting, and an even bigger thanks to all of you who submitted your wonderful artwork! For coming in first place, empoleon dynamite is awarded a lv.1 female Trubbfish!

With the area’s wildlife and the regional variant properly captured on camera and the prizes given out, it was time for the festivities to come to a close. “Well, I’d say that was another successful expedition- thank you all so much for coming and helping me out! I can’t stress enough how critical it is to progress my research. Until next time, I hope that I can work with you all again in the future!” Professor Palm made some final observations of Trubbfish and wrote them down in his notes and began to pack up his equipment. “Palm wait,” Dawn called out as she approached him. There was a look of remorse on her face. “I owe you an apology. Your research was spot on. If you’d allow me, I’d like to interview you for a segment on the program to highlight your research further. You’ll be the top researcher in your field in no time!” Professor turned around with a warm smile on his face. “Sounds fine by me, but remember, we’re all first!”

~~~~~~~

And that wraps up this Fizzy Fest contest! Thank you all so much for participating and making it a true joy to run, and thanks to Lit and Perap for helping me with the updates! Discussions about Trubbfish will commence shortly, much like we did with Pumpkasaur following the previous contest. We will also be holding a feedback survey to gauge community opinion on what aspects of these contests people like and what things we can improve upon. I’m sure you are curious how the voting went, so here are the results for the top-5 vote getters!
It wasn't long until the Pokémon Trainers of Sludge Wave Coast met back up, each of them clutching a number of Carnival Coupons. "Alright, how'd everyone do?" Keith asked.

"Nuzzle put on a wonderful performance that the crowd loved," stated Terri, brandishing her five Carnival Coupons.

"Dodrio... got the Rollerquaza moving well enough," Willa murmured. Keith put an arm around his wife at this point as she showed her handful of Carnival Coupons.

"Yeah, I, uh, kinda heard the screaming," Keith said. "You OK?"

Willa nodded. "I am fine," she confirmed, with a small yet genuinely grateful smile in response to Keith's concern.

"Good," Keith nodded back. "Meanwhile, Artemis didn't miss a single target at the shooting gallery," he added, holding up another bunch of Carnival Coupons.

"Salemence had more than enough strength for the hammer game," said Maribel. "Just... our approach wasn't quite right," she added sheepishly, holding up fewer Carnival Coupons than the others had held up so far.

"Eh, Wes wasn't as graceful as he could've been, but he still did a damn fine job in the circus tent," Gavin reported, holding up his share of the Carnival Coupons.

"And Homer, of course, navigated us flawlessly through the Hall of Mirrors," said Eddie. "On an entirely related note, when we're headed back to Sludge Wave Coast, I will need to stop at Donphan Donuts for a minute."

Once the good-natured chuckling at this statement died down, Keith spoke up. "Alright, so, seems like we all rocked this place," he grinned. "Now let's see what we can see!"

And so they did. In the process, Keith was slightly disappointed to learn that his findings about the Fizzytopian Form of Sunkern had not been the star of the show, but said disappointment was quite short-lived as he saw what was being called Trubbfish- the Fizzytopian Form of Trubbish. Did it hold a candle to Normal Form Trubbish? In his opinion, no. Was it still adorable in a strange way? Hell, yes.

Following this was the prize counter. With the Carnival Coupons pooled together, earned by Sludge Wave Coast's Trainers, including the extra seven Keith was given for his efforts on researching a potential new regional form, they had a good amount to work with here. The decisions were tough ones, but eventually everyone was able to agree on the best uses for them.

OOC: Spending my 35 Carnival Coupons as follows;

1 Fizzytopian Essence (15 coupons)
5 Rare Candies (5 coupons)
5 Mysterious Gummis (15 coupons)

Thanks to Gary for making this event happen. I've had an absolute blast with it.

Reaction score

~~~~~~~

It would be remiss of me not to claim my carnival prize. First up I'll be spending my 7 coupons on a Skele Ball and 2 candies (to be fed to my Trubbfish)

Leaving with a Lv.3 Female Trubbfish
housed in a Skele Ball

I just want to extend the biggest thank you to everyone who voted for my entry, I spent two whole weekends concepting and designing her and got to practice a lot of new drawing techniques along the way; your support really means the world. I’d also like to give a shout out to all the other amazing entries, there was so much creativity poured into them and it was really awesome to see the levels of talent the community is capable of. I would finally like to offer a big thanks to Gary for making this event so special for the community.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Trading 15 coupons for 1x Fizzytopian Essence.
Trading 4 coupons for 1x Cracked Pot.
Trading 10 coupons for 1x Magenta Cyber Ball and 1x Orange Cyber Ball.

Thanks to Gary for the event and congrats to Emp!

Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Reaction score

10 Coupons – 1x TR

With my 25 coupons, I'd like to pick up the following:

5 coupons on a Leaf Ball
5 coupons on a Fizzy Ball
5 coupons on a Steel Ball
4 coupons on an Upgrade
3 coupons on a Mysterious Gummi
3 coupons on three Rare Candies

Thanks!

Wistful
Reaction score

10 Coupons – 1x TR

Purchasing the following;

x1 Shadow Lance - 8
x5 Mysterious Gummi - 15
x5 Rare Candies - 5
x3 Yummi Gummi - 3

Thanks to all involved.

Eyes of Ruby
Reaction score

10 Coupons – 1x TR

Thanks everyone. This was really fun and it was super cool to see all the fantastic entries.

I will be exchanging my 35 coupons for:
  • 5 Mysterious Gummis (15 tickets)
  • 5 Rare Candies (5 tickets)
  • 2 Custom Pokeballs - Psychic and Flying (10 tickets)
  • 5 Yummi Gummis (5 tickets)
Record Keeping:
  • Mysterious Gummis: 1 --(+5)--> 6
  • Yummi Gummis: 3 --(+5)--> 8

Last edited:
The Professor that studies the Enigmatic
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
They / Them, Xe

10 Coupons – 1x TR

Exchanging my two coupons for 2 Yummi Gummies,
Thanks for the event, It was a cool thing to watch

Märchen Meines Lebens
Reaction score

10 Coupons – 1x TR

Claiming the following
8 Coupons - Shadow Lance
5 Coupons - 5 Rare Candies
4 Coupons - Ice Stone
10 Coupons - 2 Shadow Balls
4 Coupons - Sun Stone

Housing Ozymandius the Shadow Heracross and Nidhoggr the Shiny Silicobra in the Shadow Balls.