• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Event Fizzy Fright Fest!

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
Raves: You enter the Circus Tent with your Buneary, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Buneary starts by increasing its Agility and then Quickly Attacks the obstacle course as it darts across the obstacles. Buneary then comes up to the highest part of the course and propels itself into the air with a Sky Uppercut to land with a flourish. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

Liltwick: You enter the Circus Tent with your Mimikyu, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Mimikyu starts by slashing its Shadowy Claws at the air, to little effect. Mimikyu then Sneaks about the Shadows to fly through the obstacle course and make up for a little of the lost time. It then comes to the ending and Splashes about awkwardly, but at least it finished. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 3 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
~¤Sea Priestess¤~
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
5
lilbluecorsola: You call forth your Litwick as the targets of the Shooting Gallery are set up. Litwick begins by Calming its Mind in order to focus. It then fires off a few Night Shades that knock over some of the targets. It tries to knock over more targets with its Telekinesis, but their fast movements and stability require a little more precision and force to deal with than anticipated. Once you’ve finished, the ticket booth spits out 3 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
OoC - Picking up 3x Carnival Coupons. (+4 +5 +5 = 17)

As Patty determinedly pushed out the sounds of her brother's jeering, she took precise aim at the targets and let loose a flurry of sharp shadows with pinpoint accuracy. However, a few marks still remained standing after the first series of shots, unmarred by the darts' darkness. Frowning, she focused her mind further in an attempt to sneakily shove the rest down with sheer force of will, however her psychic abilities simply weren't strong enough to succeed beyond tipping them over slightly. Unfortunately, the booth operator took note of the suspicious wobbling and began to yell at the player for "cheating" (despite the game obviously being rigged from the start), causing the pair of Liltwick to panic as they hurriedly fled the scene (although not before Pan managed to snag the three prize tickets his sister had already won).

When they managed to put a safe distance between themselves and the cross carny, Pan surprisingly regarded his sis with an impressed expression.

"Never thought I'd see you try to break the rules, lil miss 'goodie two-shoes'."

"Oh, shut it," Patty snapped back in annoyance. "It's because you were bugging me so much."

"Boy, you see the look on that guy's face though?" the littler Liltwick grinned. "That was priceless."

"...It was pretty funny, huh?"

Patty admitted as she gradually relaxed, and the two siblings shared an amused smile as they giggled like mischievous imps. Pan proudly handed his partner in crime her share of the loot, pleased to have managed to corrupt the other angelic candlestick - if only marginally for a brief moment. They then took stock of their surroundings, realizing they had ended up in...

- Sideshow Alley: A freak show where the star attraction is you! Can your performance attract and appeal to the highest number of passersby?
"Hey, looks like there's some kind of show going on."

The two tiny candles squeezed their way through the crowd towards the stage, where volunteers were being invited on to exhibit their most freakish and fantastic displays. Pan lit up in excitement at the prospect, though Patty quickly returned to her role as elder guardian as she firmly held him back.

"You're just planning on causing trouble, aren't you? Like setting fire to the stage or something."

"I am not." Pan pouted insistently, putting on a guiltless guise.

"Oh please." Patty rolled her eyes in doubt, refusing to fall for such a ploy. "Remember how you ruined Trick-or-Treating last time?"

"Because you guys wouldn't let me participate!"

Contriteness flickered on the female flame's countenance at this statement, yet she continued to cross her arms, still somewhat unconvinced as she raised a wax brow. "And why do you think that is?"

"C'mon, sis, just trust me on this," the boy begged sincerely as he placed his small black paws together. "I've got a really good idea, I promise."

The other's wick wavered, softening with a sigh as she acquiesced to Pan's pleading pose.

"All right, let's see what you can do then."

Pan gleamed with joy as he eagerly jumped on the platform, prepared to give his best performance. First, he lifted up his Skull of the Forgotten Souls like poor Yorick, summoning a spooky skeletal figure to join him onstage. (Patty wrinkled her nose in skeptical remembrance of how he used the same item to sabotage her own demonstration on Halloween once, but waited patiently to see where he was going with it.) Then, he instructed his fleshless friend to throw a femur in a wide arc over the audience's heads to draw their attention. When the BONEMARANG returned, the two would juggle it together along with WILL-O-WISPs, finishing with tossing the fiery balls and bone through the center of a spectacular FIRE SPIN for the grand finale.
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
197
Reaction score
9
Liltwick: You enter the Circus Tent with your Mimikyu, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Mimikyu starts by slashing its Shadowy Claws at the air, to little effect. Mimikyu then Sneaks about the Shadows to fly through the obstacle course and make up for a little of the lost time. It then comes to the ending and Splashes about awkwardly, but at least it finished. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 3 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

That went pretty much as he expected, but no matter. It was a little awkward, but hey at least he still got 3 tickets. Leo went over there to grab them and picked up Brulle to hug the little Mimikyu. He certainly was going to be a little disappointed in himself, but that was fine. There was only one place left that he needed to go to, and that was the Hall of Mirrors.

- Hall of Mirrors: A mind-bending maze of optical illusions! Focus the mind and plan out a course that will lead you through the menagerie of mirrors the fastest!
Making his way to the disorienting hall, he grabbed the last Pokeball he had in tow. It was the Haterrene, and he was ready to unleash her power. He knew he'd be able to make it through the maze with her pretty easily. But, at the same time, she was a little too powerful. Either way, this was his last attraction and he was ready to finish this.

Letting her out of her Pokeball, he felt a large surge of power that washed through the area. This was going to be how it always was, wasn't it? She looked at him, dissecting every emotion he was experiencing right now. In this pact, she was the one in control, and there was nothing he could do about it. She fed off of his emotions, instead of wreaking havoc on any strong one she felt.

With her by his side, Leo entered the Hall of Mirrors and prepared his orders.

"Okay Rosemary, please us Calm Mind and then Future Sight. If you could finish off with a Psychic, I would appreciate it," he asked the Haterrene politely. It always felt like he was treading on needles, but this needed to be done.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
- Circus Tent: An acrobatic high-flying obstacle course! Can you show off your dexterity and nimbly navigate to the end without falling down?
Of all the places in Fizzytopia that Gary had travelled to over the years, Phandom Isle was a first for him. He was quite intrigued by the work of Professor Palm and had been reading up on his research ever since the Pumpkasaur discovery the year before, so when he caught wind that there would be another expedition to uncover another of the region’s mysteries he jumped at the chance. It was dark and chilly once he had made his arrival on the haunted island, and a dense haze blanketed the atmosphere. The conditions were perfect for an equally ominous species to thrive in this ecosystem.

As he began his search throughout the abandoned park, the expedition group had turned on several attractions in order to generate excitement that the natural inhabitants feed off of, so Gary figured he might as well join in on the festivities and enjoy himself. The first attraction he approached was the Circus Tent and he filed inside under the giant covered canopy. There was an assortment of trapeze, high wires, hoops, and platforms set up, and Pokemon were flying through them like an obstacle course.

When it was his turn to go, Gary knew the perfect partner to tackle this attraction. He summoned forth his Aipom, Scurvy, who happily perched himself on Gary’s shoulder. “Ayeee!” he called out with a big grin on his face, causing Gary to smile. “How about it, buddy? Let’s tackle this obstacle course with the gusto that you used to in the old Contest Hall days! Kick things off by increasing your Agility and then Acrobatically make your way through the course. Finish things off with a nice Flip Turn to get you to the finish line!” Scurvy grinned and nodded as he prepared for his attempt.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
lilbluecorsola: With your Litwick at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Litwick begins by summoning a small skeletal partner who tosses a Bonemerang into the air. Litwick sets the tips of the bone aflame with some ghostly Wisps and juggles it in its best Alolan Marowak impression. Litwick finishes its display by ramping up the Spinning and leaving a ring of Fire. Impressed by the display, the crowd applauded Litwick’s effort. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

Liltwick: You step up to the Hall of Mirrors with your Hatterene and begin to strategize how you want to navigate the labyrinth. Hatterene begins by Calming her Mind to focus on the task at hand. As you progress through the maze, Hatterene predicts a vision of the Future in order to determine the correct path and with her Psychic abilities leads you through to the exit. You made it through the maze relatively quickly and came out at the exit. At the exit a ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
Faiyaa: You enter the Circus Tent with your Aipom, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Aipom starts by increasing its Agility and then uses its Acrobatic skills to traverse the obstacle course at an ever increasing pace. Deftly nearing the end of the course, Aipom continues to show off its aerial prowess with a Flip Turn flourish into its landing. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,395
Reaction score
5
grassyglide: You enter the Circus Tent with your Rowlet, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Rowlet starts by glowing a fiery red before launching into the Sky almost like an owl-cannonball. It then Acrobatically darts about the obstacles before attempting to finish with a slide across the Grass, but since there is none in the air, it simply gradually descends slowly towards the finish. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
Fizzy Fright Fest

- Shooting Gallery: The quickest draw in all the land; Take careful aim and knock down as many targets as possible with pinpoint precision!
Argyle watched his Rowlet perform phenomenally to clear the obstacle course in the Circus Tent. Well, phenomenally up until the end. He could've finished stronger but that was on Argyle, not Wisewoods.

Wisewoods approached Argyle and took his usual perch on Argyle's left shoulder. Argyle turned to face his partner and smiled brilliantly as he congratulated him on the performance.

"Now let's go collect our tickets," Argyle said as he walked to the ticket booth. "4 tickets! Nice job Wisewoods! So, let's see now... We've got 3 from the
Hammer Game and then 4 each from Hall of Mirrors, Rollerquaza and Circus Tent for a total of 15. Not bad at all."

Wisewoods nodded in agreement.

"How about we try our hand at the Shooting Gallery next, Wisewoods?" Argyle asked.

The owl cooed indicating his agreement. Argyle figured he'd enjoy this event since Rowlet's fully-evolved form Decidueye tended to be skilled with ranged attacks reminiscent of archery. This fun event would doubly serve as target practice for the young Rowlet.

Once at the event booth, Argyle proceeded to give Wisewoods the gameplan he had concocted. "Alright, Wisewoods, let's start things off with your Razor Leaf. Your leaves can sure pack a punch and that specific attack does have a higher chance of critical hits, so I suspect we can maybe knock down quite a bit to start things off. Then, let's proceed with a move that never misses, Swift. Then, if we have any lingering targets... why don't you bomb them with seeds. That should hopefully take care of all those pesky targets."

Wisewoods looked at Argyle with a fire in his eyes. It was a fire so intense that Argyle almost felt like he could physically feel his Pokemon's determination. Regardless of the outcome of this particular event, Argyle knew there and then that his Wisewoods would go onto be quite the Decidueye as long as he kept that fire burning.

Wisewoods turned to face the targets.
 
Last edited:
Willpower Pokémon
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
496
Zorchic: You enter the Circus Tent with your Staraptor, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Staraptor begins by creating a series of illusory clones, but the display is hard to follow with so many Staraptors flying around. The plan seemed to have backfired just a little, but it makes up for lost time by zooming through the rest of the obstacles Acrobatically and flourishing with Aerial precision. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
As the blue Staraptor finished the obstacle course of the Circus Tent, spreading his wings proudly, Jake pumped his fist in triumph. "That's how ya do it, Staraptor!" the young Aura Guardian exclaimed. "Excellent job!"

"Starrr!" the Normal/Flying-type agreed happily. Of course!

"Return for now, Staraptor!" Jake smiled, pointing Staraptor's Pokéball at its owner and recalling the Pokémon. "Have a good rest, you did great out there." The Trainer turned to the exit and collected his four Carnival Coupons, before moving on to the next attraction at the theme park.

- Shooting Gallery: The quickest draw in all the land; Take careful aim and knock down as many targets as possible with pinpoint precision!
"Now," Jake took a deep breath, grasping a Cherish Ball in his hand and tossing it into the air. "Buizel, let's do this!"

"Bui!" the Water-type appeared cheerfully, landing readily in front of the Aura Guardian and eyeing the targets the two were presented with.

"You ready?" the Trainer asked.

Buizel nodded determinedly, tapping his tails in anticipation.

"Let's do this, then," Jake began, preparing to explain his orders to Buizel. "You see those targets there? We need to try and take them all down. First, Buizel, start by whipping up a Razor Wind, and release the attack into the targets. Razor Wind should work extra well here, since it has an greater chance than average to land critical hits. Add to that with your Razor Snow and send sharp snowflakes the targets' way, how we always do it. And while those two moves should take care of most of the targets, try and pick off any that remain with an unerring Swift, alright?"

"Bui, Buizel," the Sea Weasel Pokémon replied, understanding what he needed to do. His tails would be busy with these moves, indeed.
 
Eyes of Ruby
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
4,375
Reaction score
6,451
SpinyShell: You step up to the Hammer Game with your Binacle, ready to take part in the feat of strength. Binacle begins by Smashing some of its Shell in order to become more nimble and robust before pumping itself up with a sharp and fiery Dance. It then steadies itself before the lever and Cross Chops down on it with considerable force. The weight soars up the pole and rings the bell at the top. Once you have finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
- Circus Tent: An acrobatic high-flying obstacle course! Can you show off your dexterity and nimbly navigate to the end without falling down?
Limestone took aim, letting Fighting-type energy flow through each “arm” of the Binacle. With a deliberate strike, the barnacle struck the center pad with a Cross-Chop, the attack made stronger by the buffs from Shell Smash and Swords Dance. The weight raced up the pole and struck the bell at the top with a satisfying ring that echoed in the night, and the ticket booth spat out 5 Carnival Coupons. Limestone hobbled over to the booth and grabbed the tickets in both “hands,” beaming with pride.

Sil caught herself smiling as she watched the Two-handed Pokémon flaunt his victory to Hailstone and Umbra. She pulled out her map, eager to head on to the next attraction. However, as she looked up at her Pokémon, she saw that they were quite tired, worn out from both exploring the park and partaking in the attractions. It seemed a good rest was in order, and there was a bench and a confession stand nearby.

While Sil and her Pokémon were relaxing, another trainer was having less of an enjoyable time. Selene had come to the island to research Ghost types, only to find that the park was taken over by a peculiar Professor Palm and his numerous assistants, and that the ghouls had decided to make themselves scarce. Frustrated by the setback, she was tempted to leave, but her Kecleon, Prism, was enamored by the carnival festivities and her energy excited the other two Pokémon in her party, Leukocyte the Woobat and Cytokinesis the Solosis.

As the Kecleon raced around, Cytokinesis in toe, trying to decide which attraction to spectate first, Leukocyte fluttered up to
Circus Tent, entranced by the acrobats flinging themselves through the air.

Selene had no desire to stay in the park for any amount of time, however, her Pokémon were just too happy that she felt guilty at the thought of forcing them to leave.


“Alright,” she said as quickly scanned the sign at the entrance of the tent explaining what to do.

“First use Tailwind, then Acrobatics, and finally Aerial Ace for the finisher.”

As she watched Leukocyte fly to the spotlight, she hoped the Woobat wouldn’t choke from the pressure.


OOC: Tickets = 19
- - 4, 5, 5, 5
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
grassyglide: You call forth your Rowlet as the targets of the Shooting Gallery are set up. Rowlet starts things off by flapping its wings and unleashing a flurry of razor sharp leaves at the targets, knocking out a few due to the sheer amount of leaves. It then follows this up with a flurry of never-missing stars, taking out even more of the targets with a swift precision. Finally, Rowlet fires a series of seeds into the air which explode upon impact, taking out the final targets as they do so. Once you’ve finished, the ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

Zorchic: You call forth your Buizel as the targets of the Shooting Gallery are set up. Buizel starts things off by summoning a wind as sharp as a razor's edge which, once it arrives, cuts down a few of the targets. It then follows this up with a flurry of similarly razor sharp snowflakes which take out a number more targets as they make their impact. Finally, Buizel follows this up with a flurry of never-missing stars, taking out the remaining targets with a swift precision. Once you’ve finished, the ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

SpinyShell: You enter the Circus Tent with your Woobat, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Woobat starts by summoning a Tailwind and then uses its Acrobatic skills to traverse the obstacle course at an ever increasing pace. Deftly nearing the end of the course, Woobat continues to show off its aerial prowess with an Aerial Ace to finish the course on a high. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
7
Raves: You enter the Circus Tent with your Buneary, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Buneary starts by increasing its Agility and then Quickly Attacks the obstacle course as it darts across the obstacles. Buneary then comes up to the highest part of the course and propels itself into the air with a Sky Uppercut to land with a flourish. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
The course was all but a matter of triviality to the white rabbit who effortlessly leapt and bounded through the obstacles, and across the trapezes, and as Kris approached the tallest wall, the Buneary rocketed up with a mighty uppercut that could strike a bird in flight, and landed perfectly on the mat beneath, and it was but a well deserved round of applause from Rory that met her. No trouble at all, as the dispenser dished out another full complement of tokens for the teen. That being said, he could feel as if they were being watched by something, possibly the resident ghost pokemon who called Phantom Isle home, with it being its busiest in decades. Still, if this had potential to draw out the most reclusive of pokemon, then there was nothing else but to keep going.

Hall of Mirrors: A mind-bending maze of optical illusions! Focus the mind and plan out a course that will lead you through the menagerie of mirrors the fastest!
The entourage eventually reached the next attraction, a veritable labyrinth of mirrors, designed to confuse and disorient, and as the ragtag group looked among themselves, Rory gave a small smirk and knew exactly who was best suited for this, the Elgyem manifesting before him. Statis peered at the situation before her, and began to devise the best course of action. She would begin with a psych up to focus herself, then discern the optimum route through use of miracle eye to define the path before them, and in the case of them coming across a particularly troublesome spot, a calm mind would prove vital to make the correct calls.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
- Hammer Game: The ultimate test of strength! Flex your muscles and hammer the pad on the ground to try and ring the bell up top!
Gary smiled and watched as his Aipom Scurvy adeptly made his way through the obstacle course of the Circus Tent and achieved a perfect score of 5 Carnival Coupons. “Great job, Scurvy!” he called out to his Aipom as the monkey finished up and returned to his trainer’s shoulder. “We’re off to a good start. Let’s go see what else is going on around here.”

The pair made their way out of the circus tent and headed down an alley filled with carnival games and activities. At the end of the row was an attraction that Gary recognized. It was a Hammer Game that required a feat of strength to swing a hammer down on a lever and send a weight flying up a pole to try and hit a bell at the top. It was a fairly simple game, but still required a bit of skill nonetheless. Regardless, he had just the partner in mind to tackle this activity, or rather, partners.

The rules said only one Pokemon may participate in each activity, but they didn’t say anything about a limit on how many creatures could exist as one cohesive unit. Gary pulled out a Luxury Ball and released his six-in-one militia, a Falinks. They each had their own names and personalities, but the ultimately the group responds to their leader known by the name of Leonidas. “Alright, gather round, guys,” Gary began as he got down on one knee and the Falinks huddled in a circle around him. “Let’s show them the power of teamwork! Kick things off by Bulking Up your strength and then Focus all of your Energy! Then I want all of you to surround the lever and attack it in unison with your Close Combat!” Leonidas nodded at Gary and then at the other five heads, who all nodded back in perfect unison. They held their small shields out in a circle and clanged them together and let out a small “Faaayy!” war cry to pump themselves up and prepare for their turn.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
Raves: You step up to the Hall of Mirrors with your Elgyem and begin to strategize how you want to navigate the labyrinth. Elgyem begins by Psyching itself Up. As you progress through the maze, Elgyem uses a Miraculous third Eye in order to see the correct path and with a Calm Mind, it leads you through to the exit. You made it through the maze relatively quickly and came out at the exit. At the exit a ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,395
Reaction score
5
grassyglide: You call forth your Rowlet as the targets of the Shooting Gallery are set up. Rowlet starts things off by flapping its wings and unleashing a flurry of razor sharp leaves at the targets, knocking out a few due to the sheer amount of leaves. It then follows this up with a flurry of never-missing stars, taking out even more of the targets with a swift precision. Finally, Rowlet fires a series of seeds into the air which explode upon impact, taking out the final targets as they do so. Once you’ve finished, the ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
Fizzy Fright Fest

- Sideshow Alley: A freak show where the star attraction is you! Can your performance attract and appeal to the highest number of passersby?

Wisewoods and Argyle watched on as the Seed Bomb took care of the remaining targets. "That's all of them Wisewoods; way to go!" Argyle exclaimed as he petted the Rowlet who had since returned to his perch on Argyle's left shoulder. "That's our first perfect game in this carnival and our ticket total's now at 20."

Wisewoods cooed in return. "You know, Wisewoods," Argyle said, "One of these days you'll probably become a Decidueye and judging by your ranged skill, you should be a great one." Wisewoods nodded silently. There was still time until then.

"Looks like the only thing we have left is the Sideshow Alley," Argyle said as they walked over there. "Wisewoods, I've got an idea on how we can captivate the crowd, but I'm not sure if you'll like it."

Wisewoods looked inquisitively at his trainer.

"Just hear me out," Argyle started his explanation, "First start off with a Double Team. That'll make you appear as if you have a bunch of doubles going on. Next is the part you're not gonna like. With all those doubles going on, pull off an Attract. After all, what better way to attract the audience. Now, I know it's not like you to make yourself all cute and whatnot to appeal to others, but it'll get the job done. Once, the crowd is drawn in send them off with a beautiful Feather Dance. Your dance and the feathers you shed in the process should make it worthwhile for all those in attendance."

Wisewoods looked at Argyle with a mixture of embarrassment and disagreement.

"Come on Wisewoods," Argyle nudged his Rowlet, "I promise I won't have you sucking up to others after this. Just do it this once for me please."

The Rowlet sighed and proceeded to take center stage.
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
Sandaa: You step up to the Hammer Game with your Falinks, ready to take part in the feat of strength. Falinks begins by Bulking Up their muscles in an impressive display, before Focusing their Energy. The Falinks then positioned themselves around the lever and battered it up Close in united Combat. The weight soars up the pole and the bell rings loudly once it reaches the top. Once you have finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

grassyglide: With your Rowlet at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Rowlet begins by duplicating itself, its Doubles Teaming across the stage. With duplicates in place, the Rowlet attempt to Attract the crowd's attention in unison. With the crowd's attention, the Rowlet finish their display by bathing those gathered with downy feathers. Impressed by the display, the crowd applauded Rowlet’s effort. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
Associated Madness
Joined
Apr 3, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
15
Fizzytopian Shuppet and Banette
Fizzy Shuppet.png

Shuppet, the Unwanted Prize Pokemon
Type: Ghost/Normal
Abilities: Super Luck/Weak Armor - HA: Oblivious
Evolves into Fizzytopia Banette via happiness

These plastic keyring toys were low tier carnival prizes almost no-one wanted. This lack of sentimentality given to them made them the perfect vessel for forgotten and forlorn spirits to inhabit. They wander places were happiness was once found and is now forgotten, striving for any sense of love they may be able to find.

Fizzy Banette.png
Shuppet, the Patched Prize Pokemon
Type: Ghost/Normal
Abilities: Super Luck/Fluffy - HA: Cute Charm
Evolves from Fizzytopia Shuppet via happiness

While some toys are left alone and unloved, some are loved well beyond their natural lifespans. Once a high ticket prize, this frequently-patched plush became animated by a benevolent spirit. Trusting yet mischievous, these fun-loving Pokemon just want to spread their brand of impish joy to repay the love that gave them life.

Shuppet:
— Astonish
— Pay Day
4 Screech
7 Night Shade
10 Will-O-Wisp
13 Shadow Sneak
16 Frustration
19 Headbutt
22 Hex
26 Curse
30 Shadow Ball
34 Body Slam
38 Sucker Punch
42 Anchor Shot
46 Grudge
50 Play Rough
54 Double-edge

Banette:
Evo Shadow Claw
— Astonish
— Pay Day
— Focus Energy
— Trick
4 Screech
7 Night Shade
10 Will-O-Wisp
13 Shadow Sneak
16 Return
19 Heart Stamp
22 Hex
26 Curse
30 Shadow Ball
34 Slash
40 Sucker Punch
46 Anchor Shot
52 Grudge
58 Play Rough
64 Double-edge

Sorry the art's not great, but I loved the idea and wanted to go with it. I decided to mainly go with carnival prizes as the thematic tie. The Shuppet is based on the thing like little keyrings and other small prizes most kids overlook, distracted by the big ticket prizes basically no-one can get because carnival games are rigged hard. The Banette completes the narrative arc in a sense, a well-worn and well loved plush. I felt it really fit with a happiness evolution for this reason.
 
Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
1
Fizzy Fright Fest

CARNIVAL RULES:
- You may only participate in one activity at a time and you may only partake in an activity once each.
- As you participate in each activity, it is encouraged that you enjoy it with the company of your Pokemon. A maximum of 1 Pokemon may assist you with each activity and they may use up to a maximum of 3 attacks.
- Based on how much you and your Pokemon are able to generate excitement at each activity, you will be scored and given Carnival Coupons to cash in for prizes at the end of the event!
- You have until the end of the art contest to participate in all 6 attractions!
- List of Attractions:
- Circus Tent: An acrobatic high-flying obstacle course! Can you show off your dexterity and nimbly navigate to the end without falling down?
Carnival Coupons: +4, +5, +5, +4

Layla slammed two hits to the Hammer Game pad in quick succession, but she didn't quite manage to make the bell ring. Not that it seemed to matter to the Cubone because the moment her second hit landed, she spun on her heel and hurried back to grab Melissa's leg.

Melissa rubbed her head reassuringly. "Damn. Didn't quite manage to hit the bell, but it's alright. Nice job, Layla." The Cubone's grip tightened and Melissa huffed. "Back you go." She returned her Cubone with a quiet mutter of "Lucky you."

"Quil cyndaquil cynda cyndaquil quil cynda," Wildfire said as Melissa tracked down where Ore had gone.

"Right. And I'm thinking the Circus Tent first." She peered behind the counter of the abandoned game she'd last seen Ore investigating, only to let out a short shriek and almost topple over when the Sableye poked her from behind. "You're the fucking worst," she told him as he snickered at her, motioning for her to follow him to the Circus Tent. At least when they reached the next activity, her heartbeat had almost gone back to normal.

Eyeing the obstacle course she found in the tent, Melissa tugged a different Pokéball off her belt and sent out her Fletchling. She then pointed up at the course with a wry grin. "I'm thinking this might be a good way to show off your Agility, Acrobatics, and just why you're the Aerial Ace on this team, Zephyr."

Zephyr eyed the course, chirped her confident agreement, and took off.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
- Hall of Mirrors: A mind-bending maze of optical illusions! Focus the mind and plan out a course that will lead you through the menagerie of mirrors the fastest!
Gary was eager to watch his Falinks in action as the six little warriors lined up into formation and approached the Hammer Game. Their teamwork was on-point as usual; the bond they shared with each other from birth gave the sextuplets an almost hive-mind like instinct that made it so that they were always on the same wavelength with each other. Scurvy seemed to enjoy the spectacle as well, clapping his hands together as he watched from his perch on Gary’s shoulder.

The Falinks had executed their trainer’s plan to perfection and Gary happily collected the carnival coupons. Gary gave each individual a celebratory pat on the head and let them run around to enjoy the festivities before it was time to move on to the next attraction. After a short walk, Gary and his Pokemon arrived at the Hall of Mirrors, a labyrinth of reflective and refracting walls designed to befuddle all who entered. Gary would need to plan carefully for this one if he and his Pokemon wanted to make it through in a timely manner, but he knew just the partner for the job.

After recalling the Aipom and Falinks back into their respective balls, Gary procured a Psychic Ball and released another of his trusted partners, Espy the Espeon. Espy gazed up at the ominous-looking entrance to the maze, but the Espeon didn’t seem too fazed as the gem on his forehead gave off a subtle twinkle, almost as if he had already read his trainer’s mind. “It looks like you’ve got a good idea of what to do here,” Gary began with a smile, “But I’ll walk you through it anyway. Begin by Calming your Mind and as you enter the maze, use your Future Sight to predict any potential wrong turns. As you go along, stay on your toes and try to Detect the best possible outcome!” Espy let out a soft mew and swished his forked tail as he prepared to enter the labyrinth.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
myahoo: You enter the Circus Tent with your Fletchling, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Fletchling starts by increasing its Agility and then uses its Acrobatic skills to dart and flutter though the obstacle course. Fletchling finishes by spinning through the air with Aerial precision and crosses the goal at a breakneck pace. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
Eyes of Ruby
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
4,375
Reaction score
6,451
SpinyShell: You enter the Circus Tent with your Woobat, ready to fly through the obstacle course. Woobat starts by summoning a Tailwind and then uses its Acrobatic skills to traverse the obstacle course at an ever increasing pace. Deftly nearing the end of the course, Woobat continues to show off its aerial prowess with an Aerial Ace to finish the course on a high. Once finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
- Hall of Mirrors: A mind-bending maze of optical illusions! Focus the mind and plan out a course that will lead you through the menagerie of mirrors the fastest!
Leukocyte was far from the most confident Pokémon. Due to her pale white coloration, she was quite conspicuous against the night sky that usually served as her backdrop, and such noticeability unattracted unwanted attention. As a result, she developed a rather shy and timid personality to avoid. Something like performing difficult physical feats in front of a massive live audience would usually be out of the question for her. However, seeing other Pokémon, some just as nervous as she was, step up (or fly up) into the glaring spotlight of the circus tent gave her a burst of inspiration. Not really thinking straight, she fluttered over to the contestant line with her trainer’s commands echoing in her mind. And while the experience was quite nail-biting (wing-biting?) she still felt a rush of pride at the sound of the audience cheering at the end of her routine and at the sight of five shiny gold tickets being dispensed by the ticket booth.

While her Woobat was doing victory laps above her head, Selene hastily stuffed the tickets into one of her pockets. Her patience for this place had quickly run out, it being too loud and energetic and messy for her tastes, and she had little interest in any carnival games. Of course, in order to leave she’d have to gather her other two Pokémon first. Cytokinesis was easy enough to find; Leukocyte found the Solosis's location via telepathy. Prism, on the other hand, proved far more difficult.

Eventually, after searching nearly the entire park, the chameleon was found at the
Hall of Mirrors, giggling with reptilian glee as she watched herself change shades in a funhouse mirror. At the call of her name, she turned and stared at the party slowly approaching her before darting inside the attraction. Selene grumbled with frustration, but as she got to the entrance she saw that Prism was already long gone inside the attraction; it seemed the only way to return her to her Aether Ball would be to follow the chameleon inside.

However, rather than give one of her Pokémon a command, Selene instead let Leukocyte take the lead (Cytokinesis was still too inexperienced for such a thing, she thought). The Woobat looked back at her trainer tentatively before focusing on the mirror maze ahead. In such a situation, sight might not be the best option; instead it might be better to rely on scent. She’d
Sleuth the many Odors wafting throughout the Hall of Mirrors--surely the exit would be where the scent of popcorn and cotton candy is the strongest. Of course, she should still Calm her Mind to clear her head of distracting thoughts as well as formulate a (Nasty) Plot should she have to rely on more traditional methods of getting out of a puzzle.

OOC: Tickets = 24
- 4, 5, 5, 5, 5
 
Top