• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Event Fizzy Fright Fest!

Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
Faiyaa: You step up to the Hall of Mirrors with your Espeon and begin to strategize how you want to navigate the labyrinth. Espeon begins by Calming its Mind. As you progress through the maze, Espeon keeps their Sights on the Future in order to seek out the correct path and with a Detect, it leads you through to the exit. You made it through the maze relatively easily and came out at the exit. At the exit a ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

SpinyShell: You step up to the Hall of Mirrors with your Woobat and begin to strategize how you want to navigate the labyrinth. Woobat begins by Sleuthing the maze's Odors. As you progress through the maze, Woobat keeps a Calm Mind in order to see the correct path and keeps a Nasty Plot in reserve to lead you through to the exit. You made it through the maze relatively quickly and came out at the exit. At the exit a ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
1
Fizzy Fright Fest

CARNIVAL RULES:
- You may only participate in one activity at a time and you may only partake in an activity once each.
- As you participate in each activity, it is encouraged that you enjoy it with the company of your Pokemon. A maximum of 1 Pokemon may assist you with each activity and they may use up to a maximum of 3 attacks.
- Based on how much you and your Pokemon are able to generate excitement at each activity, you will be scored and given Carnival Coupons to cash in for prizes at the end of the event!
- You have until the end of the art contest to participate in all 6 attractions!
- List of Attractions:
- Sideshow Alley: A freak show where the star attraction is you! Can your performance attract and appeal to the highest number of passersby?
Carnival Coupons: +4, +5, +5, +4, +5

Zephyr swooped and dove, twisting and turning as she navigated the obstacle course with ease. She ended with a twirl, zipping past the goal before flaring her wings and circling down in a lazy spiral. Wildfire and Melissa clapped for her, while Ore darted over to the ticket booth currently printing out their coupons.

"Nice job, Zephyr," Melissa said, raising her arm so Zephyr could land on it. "Amazing flying." She scritched Zephyr's head, the Fletchling chirping her agreement.

"Cyndaquil cynda," Wildfire suggested, which had Zephyr straightening up and whistling excitedly.

"Sounds like a plan." Melissa accepted the Carnival Coupons from her Sableye and then led the way out of the Circus Tent. "Alright, last one is...Sideshow Alley, I believe." The most difficult one, in her opinion, which was why she'd left it for last.

They reached a relatively empty spot along the path with enough space for a routine and then paused as Melissa wracked her head for ideas. She'd overheard that some good moves for this activity included some kind of method of attracting attention, like Follow Me or Sweet Scent, and then moves of escalating intensity. So...maybe ending with a Z crystal move? Maybe Bloom Doom, if someone on her team had Sweet Scent? She pulled out her Pokédex to check. Nope, apparently none of her Pokémon had Sweet Scent. Huh.

Welp. Can't be helped. Might as well go for the fire-themed one then.

She shrugged the shoulder Wildfire had been using as a perch. "Well, guess you're up, buddy."

Wildfire leaped to the ground, tilting his head to the side as he looked up at her. "Quil?"

"Start off with several Flame Bursts aimed up--like fireworks?--to attract attention. Then Fire Blast and round it off with Eruption."

Wildfire glanced dubiously at the ground and then at their surroundings. "Quil quil?"

Melissa shrugged and started backing up. "We'll find out in a sec, right?"

Wildfire sighed and turned to trot to the center of their makeshift stage. She couldn't say he hadn't tried to warn her.
 
According to my research
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Fizzy Fright Fest

- List of Attractions:

- Sideshow Alley: A freak show where the star attraction is you! Can your performance attract and appeal to the highest number of passersby?

As Bill approached the island in search of rare and exotic species of Pokemon never before seen, he recalled the last time he was on the island. The haunted house that he strangely keeps drawing a blank on when he visited seemed to have all but disappeared. He held in his hand a Pokeball of a Pokemon that was more than keen on seeing the sights. She released herself from the ball almost immediately when they got off the boat, a Delibird with coal black fur and a green tail-bag. She peered left and right to make sure no one was watching her.

"Come on, Carmen," Bill said. "We need to check out the area if we want to find those Pokemon before anyone else. Oh man, Professor Palm will be so impressed."

The Delibird nodded in agreement as the duo ended up walking to a small alley. Peppered around it were old broken down cages and attractions. Bill looked around to see some of the few remaining fliers left, apparently this place had been a popular "karoke night" style area where many tourists would try their hand at wowing the crowds to make their big debut. All that was left now was an empty husk. Still, Bill had a job to perform and Carmen was going to help. Bill pulled out a TM with the move Hail and handed it to Carmen. "This might help."

Then he gets into a stance and says, "Okay, Carmen, start things off with Hail! to start the beautiful show. Then Frost Breath to create a nice foggy effect for all to be impressed. Finish it off with Aurora Veil to give the grand finale." He hoped this would be more than enough to dazzle whatever spirits wondered around.
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
myahoo: With your Cyndaquil at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Cyndaquil begins by firing Bursts of Flame into the air to catch the audience's attention. With the crowd watching, Cyndaquil fires a Fire Blast above their heads. Cyndaquil finishes its display by having the flames on its back Erupt in a firey splendour. Impressed by the display, the crowd applauded Cyndaquil’s effort. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

CyberBlastoise: With your Delibird at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Delibird begins by creating a small storm of Hail on the stage. Delibird then exhales a Frosty Breath into the hailstorm to create a twinkling fog. Delbird finishes up by surrounding itself with an Aurora Veil. Impressed by the display, the crowd applauded Delibird’s effort. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
~¤Sea Priestess¤~
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
5
lilbluecorsola: With your Litwick at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Litwick begins by summoning a small skeletal partner who tosses a Bonemerang into the air. Litwick sets the tips of the bone aflame with some ghostly Wisps and juggles it in its best Alolan Marowak impression. Litwick finishes its display by ramping up the Spinning and leaving a ring of Fire. Impressed by the display, the crowd applauded Litwick’s effort. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
OoC - Picking up 5x Carnival Coupons. (+4 +5 +5 +3 = 22)

Patty clapped politely but sincerely as Pan took a proud bow with his skeletal partner, before descending the stage with a wide beam in order to collect his prizes.

"Well?" He puffed up as he flaunted the five tickets in his older sister's face like a fan. "What'd you think?"

His sibling rolled her eyes slightly but returned a sporting smile as she roughly rubbed his wax fringe.

"All right, I'll admit that was pretty impressive, Mr. Show-Off. Now let's go find Mom and Dad before they start getting worried about where we are."

Meanwhile, at the...

- Hall of Mirrors: A mind-bending maze of optical illusions! Focus the mind and plan out a course that will lead you through the menagerie of mirrors the fastest!
"Are. We. Lost?"

Momo winced as she sweated nervously.

"O- of course not! I know exactly where we're going~"

"We're. Lost. Aren't. We?"

"Come on, I bet this way's a shortcut!"

"We're. Lost."

Mimi exhaled as she stopped in the middle of the mirrored hallway, which she was sure they'd been through for the third time already. It felt like they'd been walking in circles forever, and while the endless waves of warped images reflecting the pair were amusing at first, the novelty was starting to wear thin. She was quickly growing tired and hungry, but moreover the young Mimikyu sniffed as she thought about how she might never see her mommy and daddy, or big sis and (especially) bro again. Her Pichu protector panicked as she turned around and saw teary dewdrops threatening to fall, quick to console the discouraged doll before her rag was stained by saltwater.

"Don't worry, we'll make it out of here, I promise. We just need to think positive and believe in ourselves!" She pumped her fists in a LUCKY CHANT to boost the moping Mimikyu's morale, taking her gently by the paw. Perking her ears, the mouse closed her eyes intently as she focused on DETECTing the correct direction to head based on the distant sounds of the carnival; (NASTY) PLOTting a proper path through maze rather than blindly charging through like before, for her charge's sake.

"Ah ha, the exit is definitely over there!"

She opened her gaze with a grin, announcing confidently as she began to lead her own doubtful doppelganger down another corridor.

"Are. You. Sure?"

"Totally! Just trust me~"

Mimi sighed skeptically again, but nevertheless followed the Pichu through the passage, placing faith in her friend's hearing - if not necessarily navigational - sense, hoping they were indeed on the right route this time...
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
lilbluecorsola: You step up to the Hall of Mirrors with your Pichu and begin to strategize how you want to navigate the labyrinth. Pichu begins with a Lucky Chant to encourage itself and your party. As you progress through the maze, Pichu uses its powers of Detection in order to sense the correct path and keeps a Nasty Plot in reserve to lead you through to the exit. You made it through the maze relatively quickly and came out at the exit. At the exit a ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
7
Raves: You step up to the Hall of Mirrors with your Elgyem and begin to strategize how you want to navigate the labyrinth. Elgyem begins by Psyching itself Up. As you progress through the maze, Elgyem uses a Miraculous third Eye in order to see the correct path and with a Calm Mind, it leads you through to the exit. You made it through the maze relatively quickly and came out at the exit. At the exit a ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
Indeed, the powers of refracted light and distorted glass panes were no match for sheer brainpower and planning as the Elgyem took Rory's hand and led him through the reflective labyrinth as though staring down at a simple pen and paper maze, and by the time the pair left it was almost as if they had never even entered, such was the speed of their trek, as well as another perfect ticket count. That said, on exiting the hall the teen took a moment to count his current haul. The hammer game had been aced by the Conkeldurr for five, the Rollerquaza was a respectable attempt by Lesath for four, the shooting gallery was flattened by the Abomasnow for five, the tent had the white Buneary race through it for five, and the maze was solved by Statis quickly for another five. That meant there was only one attraction left for the group.

- Sideshow Alley: A freak show where the star attraction is you! Can your performance attract and appeal to the highest number of passersby?
This wasn't going to be the easiest one to tackle, not by a long shot. He had to get the attention of the crowds with something, yet at the same time deliver a wonderful and showy performance. However, he had something of a plan, and the best candidate for this was likely going to be his Masquerain. As Ocellus appeared before him, he relayed the plan to the bug type. Attract a lot of people with sweet scent to entice and capture their attention while filling the air above with pink smoke. Once a crowd gathered, garner up the smoke with an ominous wind to both display the spooky history of the park and to complement the bright pink with a dark purple, aiming upwards to form a large cloud. Once the swirling cloud forms, fire an energy ball up at said ball and make it detonate within, dispersing the smoke and wind in a makeshift fireworks display with the bright green of the grass move providing a show stopper.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
- Rollerquaza: Go fast and scream loud! Moves that make you go fast as well as moves that create a lot of noise work best here.
Things were going swimmingly for the water type trainer as his trusted Espeon navigated through the labyrinth of mirrors with ease; a showcase of his latent precognitive abilities on full display. “Great job, Espy!” Gary cheered as the psychic typed Eeveeloution finished up and gave him a pat on the head. Espy smiled and let out a content mew, sticking close to his trainer’s side. Once Gary had collected their carnival coupons, the pair set off to the next attraction.

Towering over the rest of the park through the purple haze, Gary gazed up at the Rollerquaza as they approached it. Gary let out an audible gulp as they arrived; he was not a fan of roller coasters in the slightest. He had soared through the skies countless times on the backs of his Charizard and Tropius, and he had torpedoed through the seas while clinging to his Mantine, but he had a harder time putting his faith in a metal cart affixed to a thin track. Gary decided he would need to face his fears sooner or later however, and a reassuring rub against his leg from Espy gave him some reassurance that his Pokemon would be by his side. “Thanks Espy, why don’t you enjoy yourself as well? Let’s call out another friend to help us for this one!”

Gary tossed up a Luxury Ball and in a bright flash and a shower of sparkles that followed, a Sylveon who had blue fur where one would normally be pink and vice-versa. She mewed in greeting and gave her fellow Eeveeloution a friendly nuzzle. “Alright, Titania, let’s go show that coaster what we’re made of! We gotta go fast and loud, and I’ll be right there screaming with you!” Gary chuckled as they prepared to board the car. Espy strapped in next to Gary, for moral support alone. “Titania, kick us off with a burst of Agility and then kick up our speed to the next level with a Quick Attack! Then we’ll scream all the way down with your Pixelated Hyper Voice!”
 
Love is temporary. Garchomp is forever.
Joined
Oct 7, 2019
Messages
459
Reaction score
111
- List of Attractions:
- Rollerquaza: Go fast and scream loud! Moves that make you go fast as well as moves that create a lot of noise work best here.
sixdragons: With your Paras at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Paras begins by psyching itself up with a frenetic dance and then fired a flurry of seeds into the air. It then finished by jabbing a claw into the air for a sharp sting, but the audience doesn’t seem too excited. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 2 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
I've got writer's block or something, my brain is absolutely refusing to think of RP for the last attraction, but I'd like to finish all six. Collecting my previous reward of two tickets, and for the Rollerquaza I'll have my Buizel use Quick Attack, Growl and Sonic Boom.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
197
Reaction score
9

Raves: With your Masquerain at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Masquerain begins by exhaling a Sweet Scent across on the stage to draw in the crowd. Masquerain then lets out an Ominous Wind to whip up a think magenta fog with the sweet scent. Masquerain finishes up by firing an Energy Ball into the cloud. The display is good, but the audience seems a little distracted. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 3 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

Faiyaa: You and your Sylveon board the Rollerquaza, waiting patiently as the coaster is slowly pulled up the track to the crown of the first peak. Chatot helps the coaster proceed down the tracks with a burst of Agility and uses a Quick Attack to move at blinding speeds. As they blur down the track, Sylveon lets out a fairy-laced Hyper Voice that echoes across the park. Once you get off the ride, the ticket booth spits out 5 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

Dragons: You and your Buizel board the Rollerquaza, waiting patiently as the coaster is slowly pulled up the track to the crown of the first peak. Swablu helps the coaster proceed down the tracks with a burst of speed with Quick Attack. Buizel starts to amp up some noise with a growl, before letting out a loud Sonic Boom, the ride then comes to an end. You went very fast and loud, but didn’t seem to go above and beyond in either category. Once you get off the ride, the ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
According to my research
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
CyberBlastoise: With your Delibird at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Delibird begins by creating a small storm of Hail on the stage. Delibird then exhales a Frosty Breath into the hailstorm to create a twinkling fog. Delbird finishes up by surrounding itself with an Aurora Veil. Impressed by the display, the crowd applauded Delibird’s effort. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
Carmen starts to take a bow as her movements convey the words of "Thank you, thank you you've been a wonderful audience." Before she can steal anyone's wallets, Bill returned her to the Pokeball. No sign of any ghosts or new varaint Pokemon anywhere here except a few tickets that he picks up, strange that it just got spat out from the ticket booth but he's not complaining. The trainer sighed and traveled through the alley wandering around until he came across....
Fizzy Fright Fest


- Hammer Game: The ultimate test of strength! Flex your muscles and hammer the pad on the ground to try and ring the bell up top!
"Ring the bell at the top to win a prize?". Bill read aloud a nearby sign. That seems fun. Maybe this will attract some visitors from beyond the graaaaave...or at least some cool new Pokemon. Though the hammer seemed to be missing for the game by the time he got to this attraction. He thought for a moment before pulling out a different Pokeball. "Ylva, I choose you!" A Venipede appeared with a cry. It started to zoom around all excited to see this new place, at least until it accidentally hit its face against the old metal barriers used to separate this game from the rest of the park.

Bill ran up to the bug Pokemon. "Are you okay?" The Venipede shook off the blow before smiling happily at her trainer. "Please be careful." He sighed with relief. Bill then points at the game. "Ylva, use Rock Climb to climb the highest point around here. Then Defense Curl and Rollout onto the target to give yourself the strongest strike and maybe we can get something good with it." Bill also hoped that the loud ringing might attract a nearby Pokemon too curious to resist.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
CyberBlastoise: You step up to the Hammer Game with your Venipede, ready to take part in the feat of strength. Venipede begins by looking around for a high surface to Climb up to, the only problem is that the best it could find is a nearby booth that was neither tall nor close enough to the Hammer Game. Venipede Curls up into a Defensive ball and Rolls Out towards the lever, striking it awkwardly. The weight sort of wobbles up the pole before falling back down with a thud. Once you have finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 2 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
572
Reaction score
6
Preferred Pronouns
They/Them
Clown Jr., the Abandonment Pokemon


Mime Jr. were one of may Pokemon frequently used in the children's battling arenas on the Isle before the park was shut down, but with the closure being nothing shy of a rush due to the accident causing increasingly bad PR for the park by the day, may of thes Pokemon were left behind. After some time, the Mime Jr. on the newfound Phantom Isle turned away from their happy lifestyle to one of trickery, focusing their Psychic powers to hide their presense so that the more malicious threats on the Isle would have a difficult time finding them, all the while allowing the newly christened Clown Jr. to sustain itself on the scraps of joy it once had by playing a prank or two on the occasional visitors. The hat atop Mime Jr.'s head has drooped down, slinking along the ground, Psychic powers allowing the Clown Jr. to magnetize the orb at the end to collect any stray cans of food or food wrappers as it walks around, as well as eliminate any footprints it may otherwise leave by stirring up dust.

Type: Psychic

Ability 1: Prankster
Ability 2: Magnet Pull
Hidden Ability: Infiltrator

Evolution: Mr. Clown (level up while holding Metal Coat)

Mr. Clown, the Mascot Pokemon


Some say the Park that has now become Phantom Isle never had a mascot. And perhaps that was once true, but brave adventurers that have entered the gates of Phantom Isle after the shutdown of the park know better. As Clown Jr.'s magnetized orb slowly recovers enough pieces of metal from the collapsing park, the small Pokemon evolves into a Pokemon much more suited to survival and hunting within the Park, Mr. Clown. It gains a pristine shell with a white metallic hue, the otherwise red pieces of Mr. Mime having become a shimmering mirror, distorting the world around it to any would-be viewers. The same reflective coating shines over Mr. Clown's hair as well as hands and feet, its hands having developed into sharp claws with pointed knuckles to allow it to rip into any ride or wall it so chooses for a quick meal, or to horrify those that may find it lurking within its favored lairs. Its feet have developed similarly, no longer boots that would make loud noise when traipsing through an area but instead opposable claws themselves, allowing for climbing up the steel beams that make up the abandoned rides or even scaling the walls and ceilings within the now run down buildings to get a surprising drop on its would-be victims. A bright green light emanates from within its eyes and mouth, the closest adaptation Mr. Clown could achieve to proper night vision, and the only warning one might get of its presence.

Type: Psychic/Steel

Ability 1: Tinted Lense
Ability 2: Steely Spirit
Hidden Ability: Infiltrator

Signature Move (upon evolving to Mr. Clown):
Malicious Rend (Steel, 60 BP): The user makes a sudden swipe at the foe with sharpened claws. Because of the ferosity and quick speed of this attack, it will break through and destroy and Light Screen, Reflect, Aurora Veil, or Safeguard currently affecting the target.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
- Sideshow Alley: A freak show where the star attraction is you! Can your performance attract and appeal to the highest number of passersby?
Gary was still shaking from the rush of adrenaline when he stepped off the Rollerquaza alongside his Espeon and Sylveon. The pair of Eeveeloutions seemed to have enjoyed themselves much more than their trainer did, but Gary was still smiling nonetheless. “Great work there, Titania! You made us go really fast…” he praised her before muttering “…maybe a little too fast…” for no one to hear. Espy and Titania seemed to have gotten their fill of fun, so Gary recalled the two of them into their respective balls and collected his Carnival Coupons, ready to move on.

After a short walk, Gary came across an alley that was lined with a series of short stages where passersby could admire the spectacle of talents that performers put on display. It was a competition for the attention of the flowing crowd, and Gary harkened it back to his days of Pokemon Contest competition appeals. There was some stiff competition around, so Gary knew right away that if he wanted to capture the crowd’s attention, he would need to do something spectacular.

Holding out a Luxury Ball, Gary called forth his Smeargle, Buru. Although meek by nature, the quiet canine had joined Gary countless times before in a wide variety of contests. Being the center of attention wasn’t exactly her disposition, but Buru thrived on being able to channel her trainer’s creative output through her artistic ability. Sticking close by Gary’s side by grabbing onto his shirttail, the pair made their way up onto the stage. Gary wasn’t one for public speaking himself, but he understood the importance of drumming up a crowd so that Buru could shine. Once he had a plan in mind, he took a knee and crouched by Buru’s side.

“Here’s what we should do,” he began as she intently listened. “Start by releasing a series of Pollen Puffs into the air. Mix a few Presents in between to make it sparkle, and then use your Telekinesis to wave them all in a circle. Once they’re about to explode, send them flying high into the air like fireworks!” Buru quietly nodded as she made her way center stage and prepared to generate a mixture of pink and purple puffs as well as yellow and white balls of energy. “Come one, come all!” Gary yelled out to the crowd to announce their act. “Come watch the magnificent Buru and her spectacular fireworks juggling act!”
 
According to my research
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
CyberBlastoise: You step up to the Hammer Game with your Venipede, ready to take part in the feat of strength. Venipede begins by looking around for a high surface to Climb up to, the only problem is that the best it could find is a nearby booth that was neither tall nor close enough to the Hammer Game. Venipede Curls up into a Defensive ball and Rolls Out towards the lever, striking it awkwardly. The weight sort of wobbles up the pole before falling back down with a thud. Once you have finished, a nearby ticket booth spits out 2 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
Ylva jumped up and down in excitement as it raised up the bell up a little and got a few tickets. The excitement made it hard for Bill to be anything but proud of his little hatchling. Afterwards, Bill returned the tyke to its ball before looking for the next area. Eventually he found a small tent with the....
Fizzy Fright Fest


- Hall of Mirrors: A mind-bending maze of optical illusions! Focus the mind and plan out a course that will lead you through the menagerie of mirrors the fastest!
"A mirror maze, interesting. Well..." Bill looks left and looks right. "Maybe a little cheating can help." He throws out Carmen's Pokeball once again. The Delibird stood away from the trainer before slightly cocking her head to showcase acknowledgement of him. "Carmen, let's try to navigate this maze together." The bird looked inside to see another Delibird with the coal black feathers. She approached it and noticed the other Delibird mirroring her movements. "Relax, it's a mirror maze. But it won't be for long. First I want you to use Frost Breath to crystalize the mirrors so it'll be easier for us to see where we're going. Then pull out a Present and we can use its wrapping to guide us with Icy Wind since wind will move towards the exit of the maze."
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
54
Reaction score
20
Fizzytopian Dhelmise, the Moldervine Pokemon. Ghost/Water. Sole Ability is Corrosion.
This pokemon uses abandoned water fountains as both host and bait, ensnaring unwary pokemon looking for a drink. It uses the mold that makes up their real body to slowly sap away its prey's life energy after the toxins in its water supply have rendered them harmless.

(Lv. -) Absorb
(Lv. -) Rapid Spin
(Lv. -) Growth
(Lv. -) Switcheroo
(Lv. -) Astonish
(Lv. 5) Mega Drain
(Lv. 8) Wrap
(Lv. 14) Gyro Ball [Water Pulse]
(Lv. 18) Metal Sound
(Lv. 23) Giga Drain
(Lv. 27) Whirlpool
(Lv. 32) Anchor Shot [Moldering Snare]
(Lv. 36) Shadow Ball
(Lv. 36) Heavy Slam [Sludge Wave]
(Lv. 40) Slam
(Lv. 41) Energy Ball
(Lv. 54) Phantom Force
(Lv. 59) Power Whip [Hydro Pump]

Moldering Snare- Poison; Physical; 70 BP; 100 Acc; Hit targets cannot swap; 30% chance to Poison
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
It is now April 11th, so it is time to move on to the next phase of the art contest! I’d like to thank all of you who submitted your wonderful artwork, this should be a tight race! In order to get the voting started, please begin by reviewing the contest entrants:

Contest Entrants:

Missingno. Master
TheKnightsFury
CyberBlastoise
Faiyaa
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Liltwick
Asteiri
SpinyShell
Heather_915
Emilia
empoleon dynamite
King Ghidorah
Biggggg5
lilbluecorsola
Raves
SlashKub
Sneasel12
Mana Opal

Here is how voting will work: Please PM me with your top five selections of the list above! Please clearly state which members' artwork you are voting for. The order of preferences will go as follows:

1.) Top Choice
2.) Second Choice
3.) Third Choice
4.) Fourth Choice
5.) Fifth Choice​

Voting will remain open until the beginning of April 18th, 2021 at the stroke of midnight! If you wish to partake in the carnival portion of the event, it will continue to be updated until that time as well!

Thank you all for participating, and as an added bonus, those who vote will have 2 Carnival Coupons added onto their final tally!
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
CyberBlastoise: You step up to the Hall of Mirrors with your Delibird and begin to strategize how you want to navigate the labyrinth. Delibird begins by using Frost Breath to help see the mirrored walls. As you progress, Delbird begins to unwrap Presents but the shredded paper only helps you to find your way out of dead-ends. Progressing through the maze, Delibird uses an Icy Wind but this does not offer much assistance. Eventually, you made it through the maze and came out at the exit. At the exit a ticket booth spits out 3 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

Faiyaa: With your Smeargle at your side, you greet the passing crowd at Sideshow Alley and introduce your partner. Smeargles begins by tossing a series of Pollen Puffs into the air to draw in the crowd's attention. Smeargle adds to the spectacle by tossing a stack of Presents into the mix. Smeargle finishes up by swirling its spectacular selection around in the air above the crowd with its Telekinetic powers, the explosions wowing those below. Impressed by the display, the crowd applauded Smeargle’s effort. As you wrapped up your show, a nearby ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.
 
I'm baby?
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
160
Reaction score
60
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
Asteiri: You and your Noibat board the Rollerquaza, waiting patiently as the coaster is slowly pulled up the track to the crown of the first peak. Noibat begins by speeding the coaster up with a burst of Agility. It attempts to give off the illusion of going even faster by creating a trail of after images, but you don’t actually go faster as a result. As you fly down the track, Noibat lets out a booming Hyper Voice for all to hear. Once you get off the ride, the ticket booth spits out 4 Carnival Coupons for you to collect.

Hammer (5) / Mirrors (4) / Roller (4) / Tent / Sideshow / Shooting = 13

Elka smiled, letting her Noibat grab the coupons that spat out of the ticket booth. There was still lots to see around the carnival, so she hurried on her way to go check out more attractions. Seirios barked happily, sniffing at all the carnival scents among the ground. Maybe he'd find a fallen corndog if he was lucky... he salivated at the thought.

Circus Tent: An acrobatic high-flying obstacle course! Can you show off your dexterity and nimbly navigate to the end without falling down?
Isaac poked his head into the large circus tent. He glanced upwards and immediately felt his stomach drop. He had never been one for heights, and seeing such a tall acrobatics course ahead of him made him feel a small bit nauseous. Dramamine floated in beside him, her eyes sparkling when she looked upwards. Despite her floaty and flighty nature, the young Jumpluff had never really gotten to show off her skills. She gave a little anxious shake, to which Isaac nodded, giving her the go ahead to head up the ladder to the course.

Dramamine's small legs shook in anticipation from the top of the ladder, Isaac took heavy gulps as he stared upwards, feeling somewhat dizzy by the sheer magnitude and height of the course. He glanced ahead, spotting all the things that stood in the little puffball's path. The pink weed seemed anxious to get going, she gave her body a small shake, releasing a magnitude of Cotton Spores. Isaac understood, nodding his head.

"Good thinking Ami! You can jump to those spores to slow yourself down and gain some traction!" He grinned at the thought, knowing that these would give Ami and edge in the course. "Alright, start hopping! Show off your Acrobatics and if you can't find spores make sure you U-turn to get back to them!" Isaac's fears had given way to cheers and confident murmurs, hoping that his efforts would be enough to net Ami a good score.
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
54
Reaction score
20
- Rollerquaza: Go fast and scream loud! Moves that make you go fast as well as moves that create a lot of noise work best here.
"There sure are a lot spirits here. They don't look like they want to show themselves with this many people around, though." Chroma's declaration brought some relief to those accompanying her- the Phantom Isle was infamous for the hosts of creepies that moved in after the park's closure and taken to tormenting the few who dared to explore it.

"Guess that means that the attractions won't be quite as dangerous for a bit, then." Amicae looked around the vicinity briefly before sighing. "...They still seem pretty dangerous on their own, though."

Silic shrugged.
"There's no doubt that they have been through some tampering on top of the usual neglect." He opened the message announcing this... event... hosted some nutcase called Mr. Palm on his phone before continuing. "...Though I'm not exactly comfortable with the idea of the roller coaster of all things being one of the supposedly-operational rides, I'll admit."

The young man's misgivings didn't seem to bother Chroma any- in fact, she seemed to be more excited about the idea!
"We're still gonna give it a roll anyway, right? Right?!"

"...I don't think you'll let us leave without getting as many tickets as possible, so I guess we kinda have to." Ami pondered for a moment before speaking with a bit more confidence. "If we're required to bring a pokemon to each event, then why don't we split it evenly and pool the tickets together?"

The other girl seemed to take that as an invitation to go ahead and run off on her own.
"In that case, I'm bringing Mallachd with me on the Rollerquaza!"

She didn't get very far at all before a hand on her shoulder stopped her in her tracks.
"And how will the yamask keep you safe if something goes wrong?" Silic didn't give her any time to come up with an answer before handing her one of his own pokeballs. "I insist that you bring Aerodactyl for this one."

"Alright, fine. I'm off, then!"

~ ~ ~

(OOC: Aerodactyl's gonna be usin' Roar, Agility, and Screech (in terror, of of course), in that order)
 
Top