• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Flamethrower VS Thunderbolt VS Ice Beam

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
Reaction score
Well, since there are move comparisons, I thought I'd do one. These are a triad of attacks with obvious similarities. They all have 95 power, 100 accuracy, a 10% chance of inflicting their respective conditions, and, in the anime, they're generally depicted as somewhat beam-like.

Which do you prefer?

Which is generally the most useful?

I say Ice Beam.

Thunderbolt. I love its RSE animation.

psh psh psh psh
Crrrrk (*blue orb in middle*)
Bzz bzz

I'll admit, that's ownage. So's Ice Beam's Colosseum/XD animation, XD.

No secondary effect, and no beam-like portrayal in the anime. Besides, these moves as a threesome is much more recognizable.

Thunderbolt, for having an awesome animation on literally every game.

Thunderbolt is so high-quality it crashes the game. (In the advance generation)

However I'll go with Ice Beam. Always been a favorite since the RGB days. And freeze is a good status to have your opponent it, specially considering lack of sure-freeze moves.

I think Ice Beam is more of a Psychic comparison right? I know that they're close. Like Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam (i think) are 90 damage and Tbolt, Surf, and Flamethrower are 95. Idk.

Anyway, Ice Beam. Ice is one of my fav types, so I dig it. Tbolt in RSE was beast though :D

I'm pretty sure Psychic is 90, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, Ice beam is my pick, but the other 2 are just as useful.

Ice Beam because I always use it. I hardly ever have fire type pokes.

Flamethrower. Dunno why, maybe because I like the Fire type.

Ice beam is my fav. I like the gen IV animation of it, and it has great coverage.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom