• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Floatzel VS Starmie

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
419Floatzel_Dream.png
VS
121Starmie_Dream.png

FLOATZEL VS STARMIE

These two are the fastest Water-types in the game, with their base 115 speed stat (discounting water plate Arceus).

Which design do you prefer?
Which is the most useful?
In a fight between the two, which do you think would win?
Which is your overall winner?

1. I prefer Floatzel's design

2. Starmie because of the BoltBeam combo and for being a rapid spinner

3. Starmie wins for having access to Thunderbolt, but it needs to have better speed IVs to attack first

4. Starmie, as someone from SPPF said, he is the perfect sweeper, making him a lightning bruiser, which along with tanks and walls, are the preferred types over Glass Cannons, Fragile Speedsters, and Jack of All Stats.

Starmie. Simple, but it looks good.

I find Starmie much more useful.

Floatzel needs to run Choice Band with an Adamant nature to OHKO with Crunch, while a Timid Starmie can OHKO with a Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt. Starmie wins.

Starmie =P

Floatzel needs to run Choice Band with an Adamant nature to OHKO with Crunch, while a Timid Starmie can OHKO with a Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt. Starmie wins.

There's really no need for a Choice Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt since Floatzel can get easily OHKO'd by any strong move due to its low defenses.

There's really no need for a Choice Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt since Floatzel can get easily OHKO'd by any strong move due to its low defenses.

Without an item or positive nature Thunderbolt isn't a guaranteed OHKO, there's roughly a 25% chance Floatzel will still survive and OHKO with Crunch. So while 75% of the time it will work, LO or specs are just there to eliminate any chance Floatzel has.

Starmie.I much prefer the colour and Floatzel doesn't stand out at all.

Starmie lol

Floatzel wins in Rain but Starmie in everything else. It outspeeds and kills in Rain whilst outside of it Floatzel can hold a Sash and use Payback followed by Aqua Jet. @Saiga; @Ghetsis-Dennis;

Starmie

While I quite like Starmie, I prefer Floatzel's design. It is amongst my top five favorite water types.

Starmie considering its superior movepool.

I'd say it would dependent on movesets, predictions, critical hits, and damage rolls assuming all things are equal between the two (no EV investment or boosting natures, etc). Floatzel could survive one Thunderbolt and OHKO back with Me First + Thunderbolt and Quick Attack but that is highly dependent on damage rolls. Starmie could potentially OHKO Floatzel with Thunder but if Floatzel uses Me First + Thunder it may OHKO with or without Quick Attack depending on the damage roll. If Starmie uses Psychic, a guranteed 2HKO, predicting Floatzel to use Me First to try counter T-Bolt/Thunder and Floatzel does use Me First then it wins as Me First + Psychic and Crunch cannot OHKO Starmie even with max rolls barring crits.

Basically, to me it seems there is no clear cut winner in a fight between the two.

I prefer Floatzel but honestly I'd have to say Starmie is the overall winner due to being more flexible on a team.

I love both, but Starmie is more elegant and has a much better movepool with moves like Thunderbolt, Grass Knot and Dazzling Gleam.

Starmie. Floatzel's cool and all, but I've always liked Starmie because it's always seemed like such a good Pokemon to me.

I prefer Floatzel but Starmie is close behind.
Don't know/care about the other questions.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom