• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Flow of Time in the Anime

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
I mean we have learnt so much about Ash is the past 3 sagas. Ash hasnt lost his mature side in SM, he just learnt to life his life.
PM is a combo of Ash, where he is mature when it is needed like against Gou in PM22, but can be enjoying life and have fun like in the beginning of PM22p

Reaction score
I think that is what is so interesting about Team Rocket. Everything isn't black and white.
Team Rocket may occasionally have their moral moments, but Ash rarely see them, and their good moments are countered by their continued stalking. As a result, Ash will always see them as unredeemable sociopaths who will never give up on their quest to steal Pikachu. His thinking is black-and-white, and cases of actual grey morality are rare in this anime. M17 is a shining example, because Ash taught Diancie to hate all thieves.

This can be in part because this is a show aimed at the 3-7 demographic, and should teach kids that everyone who breaks the law (everyone, justified or not) must be punished. Although there is some unfriendly aesop in that kids should pursuit criminals if they steal something. Not all criminals are goofy like Team Rocket.

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
As a result, Ash will always see them as unredeemable sociopaths who will never give up on their quest to steal Pikachu. His thinking is black-and-white, and cases of actual grey morality are rare in this anime.
This is not actually true though. At least once each series (with the exception probably of BW) Satoshi has helped them out for no discernible reason and has always been quick to truce/recognise the good in them.

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Perhaps its more because Jessie and James mean no real harm to Ash and co. If it were someone like Pokemon Hunter J, that's different. I mean, J tried to kill Ash a few times throughout Sinnoh if I recall.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is not actually true though. At least once each series (with the exception probably of BW) Satoshi has helped them out for no discernible reason and has always been quick to truce/recognise the good in them.
Does BW133 count? Although I guess a town full of people brainwashed by Beheeyem seems like a good reason to help each other out.