• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Flow of Time in the Anime

I mean we have learnt so much about Ash is the past 3 sagas. Ash hasnt lost his mature side in SM, he just learnt to life his life.
PM is a combo of Ash, where he is mature when it is needed like against Gou in PM22, but can be enjoying life and have fun like in the beginning of PM22p

I think that is what is so interesting about Team Rocket. Everything isn't black and white.
Team Rocket may occasionally have their moral moments, but Ash rarely see them, and their good moments are countered by their continued stalking. As a result, Ash will always see them as unredeemable sociopaths who will never give up on their quest to steal Pikachu. His thinking is black-and-white, and cases of actual grey morality are rare in this anime. M17 is a shining example, because Ash taught Diancie to hate all thieves.

This can be in part because this is a show aimed at the 3-7 demographic, and should teach kids that everyone who breaks the law (everyone, justified or not) must be punished. Although there is some unfriendly aesop in that kids should pursuit criminals if they steal something. Not all criminals are goofy like Team Rocket.

As a result, Ash will always see them as unredeemable sociopaths who will never give up on their quest to steal Pikachu. His thinking is black-and-white, and cases of actual grey morality are rare in this anime.
This is not actually true though. At least once each series (with the exception probably of BW) Satoshi has helped them out for no discernible reason and has always been quick to truce/recognise the good in them.

Perhaps its more because Jessie and James mean no real harm to Ash and co. If it were someone like Pokemon Hunter J, that's different. I mean, J tried to kill Ash a few times throughout Sinnoh if I recall.

Last edited:
This is not actually true though. At least once each series (with the exception probably of BW) Satoshi has helped them out for no discernible reason and has always been quick to truce/recognise the good in them.

Does BW133 count? Although I guess a town full of people brainwashed by Beheeyem seems like a good reason to help each other out.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom