• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event Flowering Love ~ Spring 2024 Shipping One-Shot Competition

I'm at +2200 words right now, and my real trouble is whether the reactions or the way I depict some of the characters can be "in-character" despite not having displayed them once in their game or not.

i know there's a cap for the word count, but is there also a minimum? im working on my fic right now and i'm afraid it might end up being a little short; we'll see though, i still have a long ways to go!

i know there's a cap for the word count, but is there also a minimum? im working on my fic right now and i'm afraid it might end up being a little short; we'll see though, i still have a long ways to go!
There's no minimum whatsoever, so don't worry! You can feel free to use as few words as you need.

I open my notes app to see this
IMG_2727.jpeg

(I hope this is allowed to be not spoilered…. Tell me if it isn’t)

I’ll figure it out…..

well done you guys! I'm sure I've said it already, but I really am excited to read everyone's work. Good luck in the home stretch! <3

It's been one week since sign-ups closed, everyone — how're you doing so far?
I forgot to answer this earlier, but I'm making progress; 3.2k now. Still a long ways to go but nothing that can't be finished within the next few weeks.

I've sort of hit a mental roadblock though, because for some reason I feel like it's all not quite as in-character as I'd like it to be? Usually the dialogue is the part that comes to me the easiest, but when I read it back right now, I just hear my own "voice" rather than the characters'... hm. :tentacruel: Maybe I'll revisit some of the source material to refresh my memory, so to speak.

It's been one week since sign-ups closed, everyone — how're you doing so far?
I'm very happy with my entry. I'm planning on not touching it until probably the end of April to give myself some space from it and so I can do one last read-through with fresher eyes.

3000 words has been reached on my end, and the endgame is coming !

EDIT : This might actually exceeds 4000 words. We'll see !

Last edited:
Stalled hard on this for the past 2 weeks, but today I changed that and got over the 1,000 word mark!! I don’t think my entry will go over 4,000 with the trajectory the plot’s taking, and at this point I welcome that since there’s noooo way I could write 8,000 words with the time I have left.

By sheer coincidence, the way my fanfic entry ends is geographically accurate (the only bit of spoiler I'll give out is that it has something to do with the sun). "We take those", as a lot of players would say.

Now, to proof-read the whole thing. If we happened to actually finish writing well before the deadline, are we allowed to post it ?

If we happened to actually finish writing well before the deadline, are we allowed to post it ?
Unfortunately not; we have everyone wait until the final 2 days before the deadline to post their entries, just to allow everyone an equal amount of time for reading and judging. (Though you can still feel proud about finishing yours early!)

We'll make an announcement here when you guys can officially start sharing your work, so no worries about missing it — but as a reminder, the window for posting your entries is the weekend of May 3rd-5th!

I have a question! I have a long fic I'm waiting to finish before I post any of it, which I don't expect to be for years anyway at the rate I'm going lol. It absolutely fits the prompt as the entire fic is happening during a vacation. I have a section of a chapter I think I'd like to be my entry and it is pretty self contained. Since it hasn't been posted anywhere before, is it alright? I figure it probably will be since some might want to write spinoffs of their entries or reference writing they've made before in their work, which isn't much different than what I'm trying to describe. But I figured I would ask before we get too close to the deadline. Thank you!

I have a section of a chapter I think I'd like to be my entry and it is pretty self contained. Since it hasn't been posted anywhere before, is it alright?
It's perfectly fine if your one-shot is related to another work of yours, as long as it can be read standalone as a self-contained story and hasn't been posted elsewhere!

However, if it's something that's been written in advance before the competition started, then we sadly can't accept it as an entry since it means you would have had more time to write and edit than other participants. (So basically, if you only began writing that particular section after March 17th, then yes, it'd be okay to submit for the contest.)

It's perfectly fine if your one-shot is related to another work of yours, as long as it can be read standalone as a self-contained story and hasn't been posted elsewhere!

However, if it's something that's been written in advance before the competition started, then we sadly can't accept it as an entry since it means you would have had more time to write and edit than other participants. (So basically, if you only began writing that particular section after March 17th, then yes, it'd be okay to submit for the contest.)

Understood, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom